• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Last post before bed.

Ridley works better as a boss or an assist trophy, he' clearly more powerful than the characters in SSB.
So is Ganondorf. So is Mewtwo. Hell, so is Bowser. Samus consistently takes Ridley on by herself, with no special powers besides her suit and some missiles. Link needs a sacred sword to even touch Ganon.

Besides, this game hinges on suspension of disbelief. There's a reason Olimar can throw Bowser around.

People say he can be sized down, but I still think it wouldn't work it would just be unrealistic to me.
But you have no qualm with Olimar being many times his in-game size? Ridley could be resized no problem. Just look at the Melee intro.

I consider the huge amount of rival bounty hunters was a reason to add another Metroid rep.
Even if Ridley doesn't make the cut, I feel like Dark Samus is considerably likelier than any of the hunters. She's way more important and has an easy starting point in Samus herself.

Otherwise I consider some franchises to be better off as having just the main character, as the hero is very individual in his game like Yoshi or Pit. (except the usually get help from more powerful characters.) Other series definitely deserve extra reps. Like Fox had a lot of equally matched partners like Falco, or DK had tons of Kong relatives like Diddy.
I kinda get what you're saying, but...Metroid is a huge series. If Samus were the only character in most games, it'd be a different story, but Ridley has been in most of them. Yoshi will probably never get another rep because who would it be? But Metroid has one or two characters to draw from.

Ike got in Brawl because he was the most recent FE hero
Source.

and since Chrom is the recent hero now, I figure Ike MIGHT be dropped. So I added Lyn as the female hero. I originally had Marth, Leif, Chrom, and Ike. And then I had Marth, Eirika, Chrom, and Ike. But, I finally came to this decision and added my past alternatives at the bottom in case they make it. also Lyn could take Ike's B forward & B up move. She uses the up in Blazing Sword and the forward in Brawl. Where as Roy could take the B and B down move.
I dunno much about Lyn, but she doesn't really seem like the same type of fighter as Ike, so inheriting his moves seems odd to me.

I dunno, I feel like she missed her chance to be playable.

Also, can you explain why you feel it's likelier that a character who was already cut once will return than one who was in the previous game?

I hope you don't feel like I'm attacking you. I just want to understand.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Hey, I was right! Well seeing how Samus always defeats Ridley I'd say she's too overpowered. Everyone seems to forget Ridley was resized in Melee's intro... and you know, the first Metroid game. Also how do you choose which bounty hunter to have? It's like trying to choose a single Koopaling, it's weird to have one and not all the others. Lyn being female doesn't outdo Ike being the protagonist of two games, plus he's more popular and was already in Brawl. Ok if you think Isaac and Matthew are equally likely why not choose the more popular choice?
Leif was the protagonist of 2 games.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yes all the child ones and young adult/adult ones are different. there's always 2 incarnations to Link in those 2 sub categories, and as a huge Zelda fan, I'd say it warrants the 2 Links, its just too important.
He is still link though regardless and IMO one link is good enough, im a huge zelda fan myself but i dont think it requires them to splinter off another just to represent the difference in age or art design. If that were the case we could do the same with all the sub versions of mario but that isnt necessary either.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Last post before bed.

So is Ganondorf. So is Mewtwo. Hell, so is Bowser. Samus consistently takes Ridley on by herself, with no special powers besides her suit and some missiles. Link needs a sacred sword to even touch Ganon.

Besides, this game hinges on suspension of disbelief. There's a reason Olimar can throw Bowser around.

But you have no qualm with Olimar being many times his in-game size? Ridley could be resized no problem. Just look at the Melee intro.

Even if Ridley doesn't make the cut, I feel like Dark Samus is considerably likelier than any of the hunters. She's way more important and has an easy starting point in Samus herself.

I kinda get what you're saying, but...Metroid is a huge series. If Samus were the only character in most games, it'd be a different story, but Ridley has been in most of them. Yoshi will probably never get another rep because who would it be? But Metroid has one or two characters to draw from.

Source.

I dunno much about Lyn, but she doesn't really seem like the same type of fighter as Ike, so inheriting his moves seems odd to me.

I dunno, I feel like she missed her chance to be playable.

Also, can you explain why you feel it's likelier that a character who was already cut once will return than one who was in the previous game?

I hope you don't feel like I'm attacking you. I just want to understand.
I agree with the getting cut and coming back. But, I mean other people do it to. I originally had Leif instead of Roy, and Ike instead of Lyn. And I guess I agree with Ridley not being overpowered, but it WOULD be kind of weird after Ridley was such a hassle to beat in the Subspace Emissary. And the reason I have Roy is because I never saw reason for him to be cut in the first place. But then again if I had Leif or Eirika as the Marth clone (like I have for so long. Everybody would be like, where's Roy? So I guess A lot of people have a lot of different opinions. It's weird what ever people complain on one site another equally popular forum will say the opposite. So I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion. And no I don't feel like you're attacking me.

I just don't base my rosters on what OTHER people think unless it's clearly obvious that it's a bad idea. Because like what people on here criticize about, other forums and websites about SSB4 praise. You know stuff like Matthew, Ninten, Leif and Newtwo. So I go with what I think is more likely.

(One time I made one with Paulatena just to see what would happen because everyone was like "She's the most likely rep. But, then everyone on IGN was saying why she just wouldn't work and complained about her. So I IMMEDIATELY scrapped her.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No, he was the protagonist of one game and a side character in another, there's a difference.

Who's arguing for or against Isaac in this situation? I have what's-his-name on ignore so I can't tell.

In any case, Isaac remains to this day the most popular character from Golden Sun and also the only one to be physically recognized in Smash, considering he was given an AT even when Felix was the most recent protagonist at the time.

In addition, even though Matthew's game was the most recent, it was not very well received, and his popularity as a character, if there even is any pales in comparison to Isaac's, who remains the face of the series to most fans. Remember people, characters are chosen in one respect based on their appeal to the fanbases. This is why the popular characters become what they are, and will be part of the reason Isaac is made into the playable character for Golden Sun.

So yeah.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Who's arguing for or against Isaac in this situation? I have what's-his-name on ignore so I can't tell.

In any case, Isaac remains to this day the most popular character from Golden Sun and also the only one to be physically recognized in Smash, considering he was given an AT even when Felix was the most recent protagonist at the time.

In addition, even though Matthew's game was the most recent, it was not very well received, and his popularity as a character, if there even is any pales in comparison to Isaac's, who remains the face of the series to most fans. Remember people, characters are chosen in one respect based on their appeal to the fanbases. This is why the popular characters become what they are, and will be part of the reason Isaac is made into the playable character for Golden Sun.

So yeah.
Ya never know...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Don't worry. All this stuff will be buried come E3. :smirk:
Yeah, I just want it to come so we can end all this. (Except they're probably gonna just show off 5 characters) They'll probably have like NONE of our characters and everyone's gonna change the RULES and rosters. :laugh:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

So yeah.
We were talking about Leif and Ike.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Buried by the twenty other Noahs that hop on board then. :rolleyes:
You evil pessimist you! Probably right though sadly...

Yeah, I just want it to come so we can end all this. (Except they're probably gonna just show off 5 characters) They'll probably have like NONE of our characters and everyone's gonna change the RULES and rosters. :laugh:
Perhaps, though for now I'm not expecting as much changes with the usual fan-made rosters and such after this year's E3 as there was before and after the first Brawl trailer. Then again, the only newcomers that were a real shocker at the time of Brawl's first trailer were ZSS and Snake, IIRC.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Perhaps, though for now I'm not expecting as much changes with the usual fan-made rosters and such after this year's E3 as there was before and after the first Brawl trailer. Then again, the only newcomers that were a real shocker at the time of Brawl's first trailer were ZSS and Snake.
Twas but a joke.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I didn't see him on the cover, I read he didn't appear until chapter 3

NOTE: PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY REMOVAL OF IKE AS SOMETHING I GREATLY PRECDICT, THX. :lol:
After Ike showed up he took the role of the main character. It's similar to Kingdom Hearts 2, you start of as Roxas for the first few hours, but once Sora showed up he took the role as the main character.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
:lucas:

Not on the cover, not playable in the first three chapters, but undeniably the main character.

Oh wait this is Noah I'm talking to...

Ugh. Noah. Anyone that thinks Lucas wasn't the main character of Mother 3 is terribly mistaken and has obviously not played the game. Especially considering that the main character of Chapter 3 isn't even a playable character after that, and the main characters of chapter 2 become Lucas' partners. Sigh.

He's the ****ing guy who saves the day, people.

Sorry...Mother 3 is like, in my top 5 of games ever. I get real mad when people are stupid or ig'nant about it.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Ugh. Noah. Anyone that thinks Lucas wasn't the main character of Mother 3 is terribly mistaken and has obviously not played the game. Especially considering that the main character of Chapter 3 isn't even a playable character after that, and the main characters of chapter 2 become Lucas' partners. Sigh.

Sorry...Mother 3 is like, in my top 5 of games ever. I get real mad when people are stupid or ig'nant about it.
Noah thought Ike wasn't the main character of Radiant Dawn because he wasn't on the cover and and didn't show up untill later in the game and Neon was pointing out how that logic is flawed. Maybe having him on ignore isn't the best idea?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Noah thought Ike wasn't the main character of Radiant Dawn because he wasn't on the cover and and didn't show up untill later in the game and Neon was pointing out how that logic is flawed. Maybe having him on ignore isn't the best idea?

Oh no, it's a wonderful idea. Granted, I understand N30N was relating it to Ike, since you said something similar in your previous post. I just wanted to talk about Lucas. :shades: I haven't played RD, but I have played PoR. Ike4lyfe.

Let's be friends. :cool:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Oh no, it's a wonderful idea. Granted, I understand N30N was relating it to Ike, since you said something similar in your previous post. I just wanted to talk about Lucas. :shades: I haven't played RD, but I have played PoR. Ike4lyfe.

Let's be friends. :cool:
Ok, Lucas is my main in Brawl, so there's that haha.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Well, Mother 3 is one of my Favorite games too. and I never said he wasn't the main character. But, you would think otherwise because........well, actually I have no idea why you though that. I can't say expect much from you. I mean this is Banjodorf! Why did I even waste a minute of my life responding to someone that doesn't comprehend reality.

Everyone: I NEVER said Ike ISN'T gonna be in brawl. I just pointed out the possibility he COULD be removed. I'll leave it to you to twist that into something else. As if you and N3ON ever even say anything logical about SSB4 :yeahboi:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Well, Mother 3 is one of my Favorite games too. and I never said he wasn't the main character. But, you would think otherwise because........well, actually I have no idea why you though that. I can't say expect much from you. I mean this is Banjodorf! Why did I even waste a minute of my life responding to someone that doesn't comprehend reality.

Everyone: I NEVER said Ike ISN'T gonna be in brawl. I just pointed out the possibility he COULD be removed. I'll leave it to you to twist that into something else. As if you and N3ON ever even say anything logical about SSB4 :yeahboi:
Oh, so this is why everyone's not fond of you.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh, so this is why everyone's not fond of you.

Yes. Oh! On the topic of Lucas, here's a topic! What's everyone's opinion on altering either Ness or Luas' FS in favor of something more fitting to either of their games? Maybe Ness could keep it or vice-versa, and Lucas could get to use a super-powered version of PSI Love or I don't know, a super heal? He played the support role in battle afterall, same thing with Ness.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ness should have Lucas's version of PK Thunder and get rid of his Yo-Yo (Cuz it clearly does no good.)

Lucas should have his own moves, but keep PK Freeze

I just use Lucas all the time because he's clearly better than Ness. Ness is just in there cuz everybody likes him.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
So many people complaining about my anterior rooster, I gave it a new shot (less than a week for discover the truth).
First of all , I don't believe SSB4 will have more than 45 characters... Just... surrender.
So it's necessary remove some characters if you want to put some new folks...

Why Rosalina? ( Mario franchise)
I think all we here know that SSB has few female characters. And more, Nintendo loves Rosalina. Rosalina is in MKWii and Galaxy 1 and 2.
Is very possible that she doesn't will appear in future entries so now is the time.Anyway, even if she isn't there , her chances are similar do Paper Mario and Bowser.Jr to me, and her moveset could be interesting.

Why remove Falco,Ike,Lucario and Jigglypuff?
About Falco: Fox,Falco and Wolf share some similar (obviously not equal) moves so... Three is too much. Fox for a faster gameplay and Wolf for a slower and stronger gameplay is something I would not complain. And to give a Starfox Newcomer (and a female character) : Krystal.I know it's sad to see a character go ( much more if you main him) but think about it.

About Ike : Ike is my favorite Fire Emblem character. Unfortanely , Marth is my most hated. But Marth is the most know character from Fire Emblem and now have a way to put him and publich a new game (Awakening) with Lucinda being playable with the same moveset.Yeah, hard imagine something nice like Lucinda being a pallete for that stupid Marth, but don't sound like SSBros?( We have even Ganon and C.Falcon with similar moveset). Lin is other popular character, and already appear like a trophy in SSBB. Ike is dead to Nintendo. The hero of FE: PoR and FE: RD it's gone and I believe we will not see him in SSB anymore. Truly in my heart I just believe in Marth and Chrom in SSB4... but i put some hope.

About Lucario and Jigly: Jigly is in SSBB to keep the "initial 12" ... Come on, nobody cares about that ball , Kirby is much more cool.
Lucario is a character that i don't like but i see representate the bad-ass pokemon for a new generation. But with the return of Mewtwo, nobody will miss Lucario. I really think that the possibility that Sakurai keep Lucario and returns Mewtwo is almost 0. So, Mewtwo.

Other Newcomers( Shulk, Jin , AC.Player,Toon Ganondorf, Jin and Mii):
Toon Ganondorf is a masterplan. Nintendo is remaking Wind Waker , put Toon Ganondorf make some marketing. After all, Ganondorf was the most trolled character in Super Smash Bros, being a slower clone of C.Falcon without purpose. Give him new abilities and a new look. To end with it, I bet the presence of Ghiraihim in this game, and he is not "Toon". So one villain to Link, and one villain to Toon Link.

Shulk and Jin: Xenoblade chronicles is a incredible RPG and with Monolith software being a first-party, it's a nice gift.Her moveset is easy to make, Shulk presence will make people know Xenoblade (a AD help) and consequent know X ( next Monolith RPG for Wii U). Other point is his problably appearence in the X teaser. Is a nice "3º" party inclusion. Jin should be Namco character. Why one Tekken Char? Nintendo is actually giving Tekken more suport than Tales series... We have Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to Wii U and no Tales announced and after all the only char Tales could give us is Lloyd, another swordfigther. Jin could be the human character in the place was Snake in Brawl.

A.C Player :
Now it's time. I don't give a f*** about what Sakurai says. Sakurai already says a lot of things that doesn't necessary happens in SSB. The moveset could be the more simples to do... just look a the game, he does a lot of things. Put Tom Nook is nice, and he have charisma but her problem is not have any moveset. Tom Nook talk, and throw Bells and itens in enemies ? I think the villager is a better choice. About her appearence put a default and a option to import the avatar of your save of AC:New Leaf . "Oh god, how it's is possible?". Smashville already read the time of your Wii to modificate the scenario... it's not so impossible or hard to make. It's like they already must do with the Mii, other char I think could be interesting. With so many sports and with Sport Resorts, moveset is not a problem at all. Is not build your char, it's just Mii... we already have in Mario Kart and the game doesn't suck for this.

Press R for random or something like that.

R for RANDOM>

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Your roster is extremely unusual, I'll give it that. Sakurai has thus far said "Meh" to Tekken characters, and I don't think Namco characters are as likely as people think.

However, I'm inclined to be at least "Alright fine" about rosters that have at least K. Rool and Mewtwo, so good show there at least.

As for your Rosalina point, make note that Nintendo is not Sakurai. Nintendo didn't like Snake and he got alot of flak for it. Just be aware of that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You still need to explain the cutting of Marth and ROB.

If that were to become the true roster, Sakurai's company will go bankrupt. It's EASILY the worst roster I've seen. Even worse than Noah's. :glare:

Sorry for my rudeness. Just had to throw that out.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You still need to explain the cutting of Marth and ROB.

If that were to become the true roster, Sakurai's company will go bankrupt. It's EASILY the worst roster I've seen. Even worse than Noah's. :glare:

Sorry for my rudeness. Just had to throw that out.

I...don't think I noticed cutting Marth. Why don't people understand the "Original characters/protagonists don't tend to GO anywhere" rule? I just don't get it. Nothing, and I mean literally nothing contradicts that, yet people tend to get rid of characters like that willy-nilly.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Marth? Where i cutted Marth?
I just say he could be in a slot with Lucinda, why not?

And FalKoopa, you have a rooster after all?
So many characters ? Because with 40, I don't really understand why hate so much a rooster like that.
Talk truly, you main Falco bro...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Marth? Where i cutted Marth?
I just say he could be in a slot with Lucinda, why not?
Nope, that still won't work.

Consider this:
When Sakurai said giving Dr. Mario the same slot as Mario won't be feasible, there is no chance in hell that Lucina and Marth will share the same spot.

Still, if want to go by that route, put Lucina as an alt for Marth, not the other way around.

Rooster? But I only have a roster. :troll:

Posting in a minute. ;)

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
But Doc.Mario and Mario have diference in damage and other stuff, right?
In this case will be just a color, like Wario alternate clothes. I can't understand your point to impossibilite this.

And about your rooster... Sorry but you have Tingle and Roy, you're a dreamer.
If I really want to make a roster about characters I like to see, Marth was completely out, but I trying something called logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom