• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As for Bayonetta, let's not forget that she and Snake have vastly different personalities.

If you want to include Bayonetta, you might as well include Tharja. :glare:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
As for Bayonetta, let's not forget that she and Snake have vastly different personalities.

If you want to include Bayonetta, you might as well include Tharja.
Yeah, when I said "mature," I was talking about the highly sexual themes of the game, not the rating.

Though I still don't feel like Snake really belongs in Smash.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Many "Less Popular" characters can make people want to play the game as well, if not more, than popular choices.

That would be correct, you just have to remember about the rule of first impressions. Casuals aren't even aware of the majority of the characters in Super Smash Bros. to begin with, so popularity is actually not that huge of an issue. What is an issue is if the character in question would make people play the game, in other words something notable about them that makes them enticing to try out. Captain Falcon is probably the prime example of this.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Regards Dark Pit, he's not even the best Kid Icarus rep. Even with a different weapon he'd likely share several moves with Pit, I'm thinking B^ and several A moves. Palutena, Medussa and Hades all have better chances.
I highly doubt he'll get in but even if he did I'd be disappointed. As with Link and his dark costume, Dark Pit should continue to have the same treatment. Give the people a chance to 'play' as him but no to a standalone character.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Dark Pit should be a alt costume at least (if they are added). He could be a more powerful but slower version than Pit. However, I feel there are other more suited characters such as Palutena or Hades.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Did you know Dark Pit had his own theme, that's just a portion of the reason why I want Dark Pit.

As I've said before, music, trophies and stickers should represent characters other than the playable ones as Smash is meant to be a celebration of all things Nintendo. I agree Dark Pit should be recognised by Smash but not playable.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm pretty sure Sakurai knows or has the capacity to know of every (almost)
single Nintendo character.

But Nester is stretching it. He's probably thought of "that one dude."

D

Deleted member

Doesn't matter. If you're not from a game, you're not in the game.
That has actually never been said.

And even with the way that misinterpretation was spread along, it was in regards to guests, not Nintendo's own IPs (otherwise R.O.B. would not be in Brawl).

The only issues that really affect Nester (which are pretty big issues to not take lightly) are that he's never been seen in Japan and it is unknown if Nintendo even owns him.

EDIT: Dammit Possum.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
That has actually never been said.

And even with the way that misinterpretation was spread along, it was in regards to guests, not Nintendo's own IPs (otherwise R.O.B. would not be in Brawl).

The only issues that really affect Nester (which are pretty big issues to not take lightly) are that he's never been seen in Japan and it is unknown if Nintendo even owns him.

EDIT: Dammit Possum.
But there's no reason to believe that a character will get in without having been in a game.

I mean I s'pose he has been, but nevertheless, why would anyone get into Smash without having a gaming background?

Also R.O.B. has been in games before.

D

Deleted member

But there's no reason to believe that a character will get in without having been in a game.

I mean I s'pose he has been, but nevertheless, why would anyone get into Smash without having a gaming background?

Also R.O.B. has been in games before.
Except that Nester HAS been in games. Before R.O.B. started to do so (and in a more expansive manner), Nester would make cameos in games.
Including his own title: Nester's Funky Bowling.

So really, if R.O.B. is acceptable, so is Nester. Again, the only issue is that he's not associated with Japan and his status as a Nintendo IP is questionable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why exactly is Nester's status as a Nintendo IP questionable? Because Nintendo Power has ended? Or that his creator left Nintendo?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
hi guys what's going on

While Dark Pit has an AMAZING song and one of the best in uprising, it's better to put in, you know, a stage.
That would be correct, you just have to remember about the rule of first impressions. Casuals aren't even aware of the majority of the characters in Super Smash Bros. to begin with, so popularity is actually not that huge of an issue. What is an issue is if the character in question would make people play the game, in other words something notable about them that makes them enticing to try out. Captain Falcon is probably the prime example of this.
I like you more and more every day.

The other thing is making them have interest into the series. Ness and Lucas are prime examples, having gathered much interest into the Mother series and more than it ever had (Starmen did exist though before Smash 64, but still)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Except that Nester HAS been in games. Before R.O.B. started to do so (and in a more expansive manner), Nester would make cameos in games.Including his own title: Nester's Funky Bowling.

So really, if R.O.B. is acceptable, so is Nester. Again, the only issue is that he's not associated with Japan and his status as a Nintendo IP is questionable.
Dude, I'm not denying that he's been in games (EDIT: anymore). O_o I'm denying that any character who hasn't been in a game will be in Smash, especially if s/he didn't originate in one.

I don't think Nester originated in a game, right? Not that it matters as much since he's Nintendo-created.

D

Deleted member

Why exactly is Nester's status as a Nintendo IP questionable? Because Nintendo Power has ended? Or that his creator left Nintendo?
What is questionable about it is that it is unknown whether or not Nintendo owns him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Let's just say that Nester's chances to be in a Smash game are VERY low and leave it at that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd say as Nintendo owned NP when Nestor was created, they probably own him. Or at the very least his likeness.

Not that it really matters. He's unlikely to show up anywhere ever again. Especially in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Read my posts and you'd know?
How about start making sense, and I'll know.
Mmm'k?

EDIT: By which I mean you aren't really arguing anything at this point since your argument was towards Nester, to which you acknowledge doesn't apply to it anymore.
Leaving nothing more than a statement for the sake of being a statement.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
EDIT: By which I mean you aren't really arguing anything at this point since your argument was towards Nester, to which you acknowledge doesn't apply to it anymore.
Leaving nothing more than a statement for the sake of being a statement.
So I can't make an argument about qualifications for being part of the Smash Bros. roster here in the Smash Bros. roster discussion thread?

Okay.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
B-but...if you give a mouse a cookie, you feed him for a day.

But if you teach a mouse to cookie, you'll feed him for a lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom