• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reznor

work in progress
I don't know about the second Eeveelution of Gen 6, usually Eeveelutions are announced at the same time, not one a little after the game's announced and another a couple of months before the game's release. :ohwell:
they might have decided to show Sylveon early to show off the new type

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
If that's the case then they're treating the other Eeveelution like ****! Ooh look at Sylveon she's the cool new eeveelution hanging out with her friends, pfft Draceon? WHAT A LOSER!

Reznor

work in progress
I want Pokemon X right now I want a Clauncher (if i'm lucky enough to catch one)

If that's the case then they're treating the other Eeveelution like ****! Ooh look at Sylveon she's the cool new eeveelution hanging out with her friends, pfft Draceon? WHAT A LOSER!
well its not really treating them bad its just keeping them hidden so they have something cool to show later

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
That also doesn't make any sense, especially since Sylveon's type wasn't revealed until four months after its initial announcement. I seriously think that Sylveon is the only new Eeveelution. Also, if there was a new Eeveelution, why wouldn't it be featured in the Eevee family short in the new Pokemon Movie?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
well its not really treating them bad its just keeping them hidden so they have something cool to show later
Well in my eyes no that would not be giving the other eeveelution equal treatment, and frankly there is absolutely nothing suggesting there will be another one, Sylveon was added as the important new eeveelution as a way to introduce the new type, and unless they're hiding the fact that they also came up with an illicit drug type or whatever I don't see the other eeveelution as likely or needed.

Reznor

work in progress
That also doesn't make any sense, especially since Sylveon's type wasn't revealed until four months after its initial announcement. I seriously think that Sylveon is the only new Eeveelution. Also, if there was a new Eeveelution, why wouldn't it be featured in the Eevee family short in the new Pokemon Movie?
well its obvious that the new eevee is a ghost type thats why no one can see him yet and he is in the new eevee short but invisible :awesome:

Well in my eyes no that would not be giving the other eeveelution equal treatment, and frankly there is absolutely nothing suggesting there will be another one, Sylveon was added as the important new eeveelution as a way to introduce the new type, and unless they're hiding the fact that they also came up with an illicit drug type or whatever I don't see the other eeveelution as likely or needed.
the new eevee is gong to be a fusion between all the eevees its so obvious thats why hes hidden :cool:

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
It's only a matter of time before Eevee has an evolution of every type.
Speaking of every type, I wonder if Fairy will get a plate so that Arceus can be a Fairy type too.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Since when did Pokemon have to answer to those ****s, it's not like pokemon isn't mainly a GAME or any thing.
Not like the anime hasn't been censored before *cough*James with inflatable breasts*cough*

EDIT: And what of Jynx? Wasn't it supposed to be black skinned? In both the anime and game it's been changed to purple.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I can probably just put Lucario as the DLC Pokemon if that part makes you feel better,
That's sort of what I'm getting at. And although I agree complete that Dr. Mario is nothing more than a change in clothing, I heard he was planned for Brawl and it would make more sense since you have Pichu as a 6th Pokemon you could have Dr. Mario as a 6th Mario rep, but then of course there is Lucario as DLC. Besides that could change Dr. Mario up a bit if it's possible.

Not like the anime hasn't been censored before *cough*James with inflatable breasts*cough*

EDIT: And what of Jynx? Wasn't it supposed to be black skinned? In both the anime and game it's been changed to purple.
Hey, Patrick what's your idea?

Inflatable Pants....

I'm gonna make inflatable breasts!

FORGET MY DUMB IDEA! THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
That's sort of what I'm getting at. And although I agree complete that Dr. Mario is nothing more than a change in clothing, I heard he was planned for Brawl and it would make more sense since you have Pichu as a 6th Pokemon you could have Dr. Mario as a 6th Mario rep, but then of course there is Lucario as DLC. Besides that could change Dr. Mario up a bit if it's possible.

Hey, Patrick what's your idea?

Inflatable Pants....

I'm gonna make inflatable breasts!

FORGET MY DUMB IDEA! THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
:laugh:
Why does this remind me of the time Snake's codec call was interrupted right after he said "Samus took her cloths off" (ending it there) and the person playing as Samus replied with "Is that all?" XD

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Who should be DLC?

JigglyPuff cuz she's old?
OR
Lucario cuz he's gen 4 and his abilities and shape resembles that of Mewtwo (a Higher Priority Character)?

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Who should be DLC?

JigglyPuff cuz she's old?
OR
Lucario cuz he's gen 4 and his abilities and shape resembles that of Mewtwo (a Higher Priority Character)?
Jigglypuff is a classic, so I really don't think she'd be removed regardless, so Lucario, but only if it's moves aren't re-done. It's to floaty :/

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Jigglypuff is a classic, so I really don't think she'd be removed regardless, so Lucario, but only if it's moves aren't re-done. It's to floaty :/
mostly agreed about Lucario, but for a franchise like Pokemon that faces the possibility of an all veteran roster, we should put JigglyPuff's classic role aside. I only have her because she's fairy type.

Also Sakurai has no plans for DLC so far, he wants to focus on making it the fullest experience possible. So I guess we can forget about Mewtwo being DLC.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Also Sakurai has no plans for DLC so far, he wants to focus on making it the fullest experience possible. So I guess we can forget about Mewtwo being DLC.
Well HE was meant to be in the original and Brawl, but SHE is going to appear in the new movie with HER Awakened forme, so I think SHE will be in the next game because of her relevancy, HIS popularity and the fact that Mewtwo was meant to appear more than HE did (sorry, have to emphasize with there being 2 Mewtwo's now)

Is it bad that I'd actually like this? I'm not ******** enough to think it'd happen of course, but y'know... viva la 2nd gen and all that.
Not really. I <3 Shedinja, but it's not like it's possible to make it a brawler...
Also love Typhlosion, Quagsire and Ampharos too. Such a shame the most rep they got was in Poke Balls. At least Gen 3 got Rayquaza in Brawl.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I know Mewtwo has a female voice, but.......is this not the Mewtwo from Pokemon: The First Movie???

Also I saw Lucario and The Mystery of Mew. I'm 16 and I haven't seen Pokemon since I was a little kid. The movie was actually boring and the only thing that made it remotely interesting was the fact that it's Lucario. There were some funny moments some creepy CGI shots and the Reggie Pokemon were pretty awesome. I am excited to see Extreme Speed Genesect though. It'll be really weird seeing how far Pokemon has come in terms of Anime since Generation 2.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I know Mewtwo has a female voice, but.......is this not the Mewtwo from Pokemon: The First Movie???
Nope, it's not. It's a completely different Mewtwo altogether. To give a better example of their differences...
Original Mewtwo=Deoxys Attack forme
New Mewtwo=Deoxys Speed forme

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm thinking Newtwo is a form that will be earned through battle or Final Smash and goes away when you're KO'd.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Perhaps Mewtwo's transformation could be similar to Lucario's Aura System. Transform at a high percentage, like 170, and the transformation changes your attack's knockback and power, as well as your own weight and movement speeds.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm thinking Newtwo is a form that will be earned through battle or Final Smash and goes away when you're KO'd.
We already have confirmation of what looks like an ultimate attack for Mewtwo's Awakened Forme through the new video that came out a few days ago, so making it a final smash isn't that bad an idea.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I somehow doubt that Mewtwo was a higher priority character than Lucario, when it didn't even make it into Brawl.

However I'd rather see Lucario go.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking it'd be more like Samus. Have original turn into Awakened forme, have Awakened forme be a powerful attack in which it changes back after, and if you get KO'ed you're still in that forme.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I was thinking it'd be more like Samus. Have original turn into Awakened forme, have Awakened forme be a powerful attack in which it changes back after, and if you get KO'ed you're still in that forme.
HURRAY FOR GIMMICKS :D Personally I would much rather him just be a super sonic style final smash :/

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I somehow doubt that Mewtwo was a higher priority character than Lucario, when the it didn't even make it into Brawl.

However I'd rather see Lucario go.
It's not that Mewtwo was lower priority than Lucario at the time of Brawl's development, which he probably wasn't as he already had a victory theme, skin, and actual cut story mode footage, but it's easy to assume that Mewtwo is more priority NOW than Lucario.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
It's not that Mewtwo was lower priority than Lucario at the time of Brawl's development, which he probably wasn't as he already had a victory theme, skin, and actual cut story mode footage, but it's easy to assume that Mewtwo is more priority NOW than Lucario.
And Lucario did not? It still didn't make it in the end making it lower priority. Mewtwo's definitely more popular now, but I was referring to the actual game data. So all we can really do is assume Mewtwo is higher priority, since there's no game data to back that statement up. If that's how Sakurai even determines priority in the first place, that is.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
But, Newtwo is more powerful, he has no reason to switch back to Mewtwo. You'd be avoiding the smash ball because you don't want to be Mewtwo again. Newtwo goes back to Mewtwo when he has been either defeated or is done fighting. The form and it's power is limited. If you were Super Sonic would you want to change back into Sonic? Of course not, so you'd either have the choice in downgrading or someone Final Smashing you. Besides his power is limited because of rings, just like Mewtwo's power is limited. I've seen Newtwo switch back to Mewtwo because Genesect beat him up.

Reznor

work in progress
Nope, it's not. It's a completely different Mewtwo altogether. To give a better example of their differences...
Original Mewtwo=Deoxys Attack forme
New Mewtwo=Deoxys Speed forme
there are 2 mewtwo .... thats just dumb

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
And Lucario did not? It still didn't make it in the end making it lower priority. Mewtwo's definitely more popular now, but I was referring to the actual game data. So all we can really do is assume Mewtwo is higher priority, since there's no game data to back that statement up. If that's how Sakurai even determines priority in the first place, that is.
Well, Mewtwo also had the petitions against it, and Sakurai must've acknowledged it at some time, probably lowering Mewtwo's priority considerably. Mewtwo was always more popular than Lucario, Lucario was only selected because of the new movie.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Speaking of Pokemon shows being censored.... Has anyone else ever seen a English dubbed Pokemon episode with a Jynx trying to **** kiss Brock the entire episode? I swear I have seen this episode in English but cannot find it for the life of me. >______>

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well, Mewtwo also had the petitions against it, and Sakurai must've acknowledged it at some time, probably lowering Mewtwo's priority considerably. Mewtwo was always more popular than Lucario, Lucario was only selected because of the new movie.
That's not true. That's like saying Genesect only became popular because of the movie. Of course it increases the popularity, but Lucario was popular to begin with. Although I'm not sure if he would have made it if not for the addition of the movie. My guess however is that he would have made it anyway because otherwise it'd be a full gen 1 roster.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
But, Newtwo is more powerful, he has no reason to switch back to Mewtwo. You'd be avoiding the smash ball because you don't want to be Mewtwo again. Newtwo goes back to Mewtwo when he has been either defeated or is done fighting. The form and it's power is limited. If you were Super Sonic would you want to change back into Sonic? Of course not, so you'd either have the choice in downgrading or someone Final Smashing you. Besides his power is limited because of rings, just like Mewtwo's power is limited. I've seen Newtwo switch back to Mewtwo because Genesect beat him up.
Actually, Mewtwo Awakened Forme is just as equally strong as Normal Mewtwo, all it seems to get is a considerable speed boost, as most of the discussion regarding Mewtwo in the new movie is the fact that she talks about wanting to go up and above, not to mention it's design is much more aerodynamic, making it look as if it's designed for quicker movement. And Genesect? Beat up Mewtwo? Maybe the new Mewtwo, the old Mewtwo would probably rip its head off...or make it rip its own head off like Huitzil from Darkstalkers. :p

That's not true. That's like saying Genesect only became popular because of the movie. Of course it increases the popularity, but Lucario was popular to begin with. Although I'm not sure if he would have made it if not for the addition of the movie. My guess however is that he would have made it anyway because otherwise it'd be a full gen 1 roster.
Sakurai has shown he doesn't care about generation representation, especially since Pichu would've never been in the game if he couldn't be an easy to create Pikachu clone. And if it wasn't because of the movie...why does it talk like the one in the movie? Why does it fight NOTHING like a Lucario? (Actually, scratch that, that was probably just poor design choice), why does it always talk about Aura if it's not the one from the movie? Regardless, Lucario owes a majority of his popularity to Smash Bros.

PerfectDarkMarc

Smash Cadet
Hello all! ^_^ New here and thought I'd post my wishlist below. Let me know what you think! ^_^

Super Mario Bros Franchise
--------------------------

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Bowser

Yoshi

Donkey Kong Franchise
---------------------

DK

Diddy

K Rool

Starfox Franchise
-----------------

Fox

Wolf

Krystal

Kirby Franchise
---------------

Kirby

Dedede

Metaknight

Zelda Franchise
---------------

Link

Zelda

Ganondorf

Pokemon Franchise
-----------------

Pikachu

Mewtwo (in newest form) Possible ability to switch between Lucario and Mewtwo

Pokemon Trainer (Male)

Pokemon Trainer (Female) with either 3 of the Evee Evolutions (<3 <3 <3) or Gen 2 Starters (chikorita, Quilava, Feraligator

OR Totodile, Bayleef, Typhlosion (if it was in the order of PT male)

Metroid Franchise
-----------------

Samus (remove Zero Suit or allow her to switch between the two forms)

Ridley

Kid Icarus Franchise
--------------------

Pit

Palutena

Earthbound Franchise
--------------------

Ness

F-Zero Franchise
----------------

Captain Falcon

Pikmin Franchise
----------------

Olimar

Fire Emblem Franchise
---------------------

Marth ???

Chrom

Either Tharja or Flavia

Ice Climbers Franchise
----------------------

Ice Climbers

Guest Characters

Wii-Fit Trainer
Sonic
Megaman

Cut Characters
--------------

Game & Watch
Toon Link
Falco
R.O.B
Lucas
Wario
Ike
Snake
Jigglypuff
Lucario (Unless he is transformation with Mewtwo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom