• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoru

Smash Champion
my understanding for shulk's having so much more support than aeron or zael is that the other games just seem less remarkable.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So doing some research into Nintendo IPs I have learnt the The Last Story and Pandora's Tower fall under the list of recent new IPs of Nintendo. This means they could technically come in under first parties. Now previously I have said i don't see a Golden Sun rep getting in or Xenoblade rep getting in. Well I still don't think GS will be getting a rep as I feel they missed their chance in Brawl. But Shulk might be different now, proignally I couldn't see Shulk getting without Zael and Aeron getting in also (because in my heart Zenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower create this trilogy of the last 3 good games on the Wii and all being ARPG based). So with TLS and PT being IPs of Nintendo and technically being able to fall under first party, do you think there is a chance for all 3, Shulk, Zael, and Aeron, to get in Smash4 to show off the last 3 good games on the Wii? As I honestly can't see any of them getting in without the other 2 to go with them.
I disagree, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn came out on DS, and the only time a character "missed their chance" would be if they are only relevant to that installment. Missed their chance characters would be like Shadow Mario, Roy, or Zant (not thta Zant had a chance in the first place). A miss your chance for SSB4 would be like Genesect, Shulk, or Chrom.

A character not appearing in 1 or even 2 Smash titles doesn't mean anything.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
my understanding for shulk's having so much more support than aeron or zael is that the other games just seem less remarkable.
All 3 games are remarkable in their own right and all 3 can easily rep the Wii gen along with WFT. However I just can't see 1 getting in without the other 2, they form a special kind of trilogy to me.

I disagree, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn came out on DS, and the only time a character "missed their chance" would be if they are only relevant to that installment. Missed their chance characters would be like Shadow Mario, Roy, or Zant (not thta Zant had a chance in the first place). A miss your chance for SSB4 would be like Genesect, Shulk, or Chrom.

A character not appearing in 1 or even 2 Smash titles doesn't mean anything.
Each Smash game seems to rep the pass generation of Nintendo, with some retro reps here in there. Melee seemed to have a high influence from the 64 while Brawl seemed to have a heavy influence from the GC and gamboy/early DS era, which is why I believe if GS would have gotten in it would have been Brawl. But eh I just don't see GS getting in now. :/

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It might be fun if you didn't have to lock on to things like every other shooter.
Well... I hated them because Tails and Eggman could easily FLY if they wanted to. What reason was there to make me play a slow shooter is beyond me. :(

@Project Rainfall games

I think ONE of them is likely, but all 3 of them would be kind of an overkill. It's not like there are THAT many roter spots. I think we're getting at most 8 more Newcomers

All of them have ONE game, so I think Sakurai might want to look at characters with more games under their belts first. Still, again, it's probable that one of them might get in.

Khoru

Smash Champion
All 3 games are remarkable in their own right and all 3 can easily rep the Wii gen along with WFT. However I just can't see 1 getting in without the other 2, they form a special kind of trilogy to me.
i know what you mean, yeah.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well... I hated them because Tails and Eggman could easily FLY if they wanted to. What reason was there to make me play a slow shooter is beyond me. :(

@Project Rainfall games

I think ONE of them is likely, but all 3 of them would be kind of an overkill. It's not like there are THAT many roter spots. I think we're getting at most 8 more Newcomers

All of them have ONE game, so I think Sakurai might want to look at characters with more games under their belts first. Still, again, it's probable that one of them might get in.
I just can't see us getting just one. I see us getting all 3 or none, with none being more likely. The 3 of them form a undeniable trilogy/set of sorts, if you know what I mean. Having one without the other 2 just wouldn't feel right imho. But all 3 have potiental to be unique sword wielders to. But I just can't see one getting in without the other 2 and all 3 are equally deserving and kicking one over another just doesn't feel right. :/

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Alright, I was bored, so I decided to make a new roster:

Total Roster 46 (+2 DLC characters)

Returning Characters: 34

Cut Characters: Possibly One (Whichever one you like more, place in the spot where the question mark is)

Newcomers: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, MegaMan, Paper Mario, Takamaru, Ridley, Chrom, Little Mac, Palutena, King K.Rool, Sylveon, Mewtwo (Returning)

DLC Choices: Roy, Pichu

And yeah, I'm kind of throwing the idea of a 50 character roster out of the window.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
So doing some research into Nintendo IPs I have learnt the The Last Story and Pandora's Tower fall under the list of recent new IPs of Nintendo. This means they could technically come in under first parties. Now previously I have said i don't see a Golden Sun rep getting in or Xenoblade rep getting in. Well I still don't think GS will be getting a rep as I feel they missed their chance in Brawl. But Shulk might be different now, proignally I couldn't see Shulk getting without Zael and Aeron getting in also (because in my heart Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower create this trilogy of the last 3 good games on the Wii and all being ARPG based). So with TLS and PT being IPs of Nintendo and technically being able to fall under first party, do you think there is a chance for all 3, Shulk, Zael, and Aeron, to get in Smash4 to show off the last 3 good games on the Wii? As I honestly can't see any of them getting in without the other 2 to go with them.
I think the chances of this happening are like...somehow below zero.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I just can't see us getting just one. I see us getting all 3 or none, with none being more likely. The 3 of them form a undeniable trilogy/set of sorts, if you know what I mean. Having one without the other 2 just wouldn't feel right imho. But all 3 have potiental to be unique sword wielders to. But I just can't see one getting in without the other 2 and all 3 are equally deserving and kicking one over another just doesn't feel right. :/
I think that Shulk would be the chosen of the three if any of them get in at all. He's simply the most popular of them. Rainfall or not, they were considered entirely different games in Japan, which is how they'd be treated this time, meaning they're not a set at all in Sakurai's eyes. If The Last Story and Pandora's Tower have warrant of their own, they might get their own characters... Either way, it's not based on how good their games are. It's a matter of what the representative character brings to the cast's overall balance as well as if the series itself is big enough.

I still like to think that Isaac didn't miss his chance. The Golden Sun series isn't over with and Isaac continues to be in high placement of polls even to this day. The whole "missing their chance" argument can be said with characters like Skull Kid in Melee or Ike if he was never in Brawl, but Isaac shares many aspects with Marth in being the first and most well known protagonist of his series. The fact that he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl definitely shows that Sakurai has notoriety of him, too.

Considering the fact that Golden Sun is much more of a veteran as well as has a much more recurrent protagonist than any of the Rainfall games, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Isaac got in before any of them.
I like it for the most part. I'm just not hot on your Pokemon choices. Why are Jigglypuff, who has been a veteran since day 1 of Smash Bros., and Lucario, who is generally well received, both replaced by Sylveon and Pichu? Like, I get how you support Sylveon and that you see the potential with it, but to be replacing another veteran Fairy-type already in Smash Bros. with the flavor of the month (and don't lie to me, you know Sylveon will lose its relevancy when Generation 7 comes out) seems like a poor choice, in my opinion. And don't get me even started on Pichu. What if, since I'm sure you'd be hard-pressed to letting go of Sylveon, you replaced Pichu with Lucario as the DLC Pokemon and kept Jigglypuff as the veteran? At least that way you have the best of both worlds. (6 characters seems overbloated still, but it'd be lesser of other evils I guess.)

Beyond my gripes about the Pokemon, the lack of Isaac seems a little disappointing... Were it my choice, I'd replace Sylveon with Isaac and call it a day. Then that would be a roster I'd heartily agree with completely.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Total Roster 46 (+2 DLC characters)

Returning Characters: 34

Cut Characters: Possibly One

Newcomers: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, MegaMan, Paper Mario, Takamaru, Ridley, Chrom, Little Mac, Palutena, King K.Rool, Sylveon, Mewtwo (Returning)

DLC Choices: Roy, Pichu

And yeah, I'm kind of throwing the idea of a 50 character roster out of the window.
Good roster, what confuses me though is you have Pichu & Roy as DLC, but not Dr. Mario. Also wouldn't it make sense to keep Lucario and make Mewtwo as a bonus bundle or a free downloadable.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think that Shulk would be the chosen of the three if any of them get in at all. He's simply the most popular of them. Rainfall or not, they were considered entirely different games in Japan, which is how they'd be treated this time, meaning they're not a set at all in Sakurai's eyes. If The Last Story and Pandora's Tower have warrant of their own, they might get their own characters... Either way, it's not based on how good their games are. It's a matter of what the representative character brings to the cast's overall balance as well as if the series itself is big enough.

I still like to think that Isaac didn't miss his chance. The Golden Sun series isn't over with and Isaac continues to be in high placement of polls even to this day. The whole "missing their chance" argument can be said with characters like Skull Kid in Melee or Ike if he was never in Brawl, but Isaac shares many aspects with Marth in being the first and most well known protagonist of his series. The fact that he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl definitely shows that Sakurai has notoriety of him, too.

Considering the fact that Golden Sun is much more of a veteran as well as has a much more recurrent protagonist than any of the Rainfall games, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Isaac got in before any of them.

I like it for the most part. I'm just not hot on your Pokemon choices. Why are Jigglypuff, who has been a veteran since day 1 of Smash Bros., and Lucario, who is generally well received, both replaced by Sylveon and Pichu? Like, I get how you support Sylveon and that you see the potential with it, but to be replacing another veteran Fairy-type already in Smash Bros. with the flavor of the month (and don't lie to me, you know Sylveon will lose its relevancy when Generation 7 comes out) seems like a poor choice, in my opinion. And don't get me even started on Pichu. What if, since I'm sure you'd be hard-pressed to letting go of Sylveon, you replaced Pichu with Lucario as the DLC Pokemon and kept Jigglypuff as the veteran? At least that way you have the best of both worlds. (6 characters seems overbloated still, but it'd be lesser of other evils I guess.)

Beyond my gripes about the Pokemon, the lack of Isaac seems a little disappointing... Were it my choice, I'd replace Sylveon with Isaac and call it a day. Then that would be a roster I'd heartily agree with completely.
Lucario and Jigglypuff aren't cut, that's what the unknown symbol is for, whichever you prefer, put in that spot. Also, Pichu was DLC. And if it wasn't Sylveon, I'd just put back in Eevee. As for the relevancy loss, maybe, but we're a long time away from that, and let's be honest, many thought the same thing about Lucario at the end of Gen 4. Also, it's not like the Eeveelutions have lost love over the years, if anything, they continue to be some of the most used pokemon by pokemon fans. Maybe not overly used in online play (I'm not sure, I don't do online battling that much) but still used tons and tons of times throughout casual playthroughs.

Good roster, what confuses me though is you have Pichu & Roy as DLC, but not Dr. Mario. Also wouldn't it make sense to keep Lucario and make Mewtwo as a bonus bundle or a free downloadable.
I'd just make Dr. Mario a costume for Mario, for while to Sakurai it may take away from characters, it's not the case with Mario, since Dr. Mario and Mario are both the same person, just wearing different clothes. As for Mewtwo, considering he's the big deal once again and is already under consideration (AKA probable imminent inclusion) I can't see him being put as DLC, especially since Sakurai's focusing on the main game right now, and everything like DLC is an afterthought.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
In other news, bidding for Atlus has begun. One of the most noteworthy companies as of right now to place a bid is SEGA. Think Nintendo will go for it? I'm sure they can outbid the others and still afford it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In other news, bidding for Atlus has begun. One of the most noteworthy companies as of right now to place a bid is SEGA. Think Nintendo will go for it? I'm sure they can outbid the others and still afford it.
Sega getting Atlus?

Hm...

I hope Nintendo goes for it, though Sega could be interesting.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Lucario and Jigglypuff aren't cut, that's what the unknown symbol is for, whichever you prefer, put in that spot. Also, Pichu was DLC. And if it wasn't Sylveon, I'd just put back in Eevee. As for the relevancy loss, maybe, but we're a long time away from that, and let's be honest, many thought the same thing about Lucario at the end of Gen 4. Also, it's not like the Eeveelutions have lost love over the years, if anything, they continue to be some of the most used pokemon by pokemon fans. Maybe not overly used in online play (I'm not sure, I don't do online battling that much) but still used tons and tons of times throughout casual playthroughs.

I'd just make Dr. Mario a costume for Mario, for while to Sakurai it may take away from characters, it's not the case with Mario, since Dr. Mario and Mario are both the same person, just wearing different clothes. As for Mewtwo, considering he's the big deal once again and is already under consideration (AKA probable imminent inclusion) I can't see him being put as DLC, especially since Sakurai's focusing on the main game right now, and everything like DLC is an afterthought.
What's wrong with planning DLC ahead of time? Nobody said you had to pay for it. It's a solution so that Sakurai can add as many new characters as possible before release and then add the requested Melee Veterans shortly afterwards if there's no time. When asked about Mewtow, Sakurai laughed and said "We're thinking about it." to me this sounds like he's planning on having Mewtwo playable somehow, just not from the start. That way we can keep all the characters. You'd still be getting Mewtwo so what's the problem? Boxed or digital its still Mewtwo.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy

I see we have another Isaac supporter. Good choice. I also am not that attached to the Gen 5/6 of Pokemon so I have no idea what Sylveon is.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What's wrong with planning DLC ahead of time? Nobody said you had to pay for it. It's a solution so that Sakurai can add as many new characters as possible before release and then add the requested Melee Veterans shortly afterwards if there's no time. When asked about Mewtow, Sakurai laughed and said "We're thinking about it." to me this sounds like he's planning on having Mewtwo playable somehow, just not from the start. That way we can keep all the characters. You'd still be getting Mewtwo so what's the problem?
The problem when it comes to planning DLC ahead of time is that you're holding back a part of the actual game that might as well have been a part of the actual game to begin with. As for the some point, he probably means he's going to be unlockable just like in Melee. And also, people want Mewtwo ASAP, having him as DLC seems pointless, especially in turn for Lucario, who is nowhere near as popular, as relevant, as wanted or as marketed as Mewtwo.

Let me get this straight...SEGA is having such financial problems that they signed a deal with Nintendo for exclusive Sonic games, couldn't greenlight Bayonetta 2, and actually, and I'm not kidding about this, officially licensed Sonic Porn, but they can afford enough money to buy out another company? Who's running that company, because they're not doing it right!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty sure there are games that have to be released by a certain time and released the extra content for free afterwards. Smash Brothers, a game with a limited roster seems like a game that should do that.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
What's wrong with planning DLC ahead of time? Nobody said you had to pay for it. It's a solution so that Sakurai can add as many new characters as possible before release and then add the requested Melee Veterans shortly afterwards if there's no time. When asked about Mewtow, Sakurai laughed and said "We're thinking about it." to me this sounds like he's planning on having Mewtwo playable somehow, just not from the start. That way we can keep all the characters. You'd still be getting Mewtwo so what's the problem? Boxed or digital its still Mewtwo.
The biggest issue I find with DLC is when they decide to troll you with it, like in FF13-2. You can never get the final/true ending of the game without DLC you have to pay for, or in other words buy twice for one game

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'm pretty pissed off that I clicked "Post Reply", refreshed, saw my post didn't go through, and wrote all of this again, so please bare no mind for any snippy undertones.
Lucario and Jigglypuff aren't cut, that's what the unknown symbol is for, whichever you prefer, put in that spot. Also, Pichu was DLC.
You specifically said the following:
Hotfeet444 said:
Cut Characters: Possibly One (Whichever one you like more, place in the spot where the question mark is)
To say that they aren't cut is a false statement. If we get to pick one but not the other, it's basic logic that the other will be cut, meaning that by essence, you are cutting either Lucario or Jigglypuff. My recommendation was simply that Pichu is replaced by one of them as DLC so that neither are cut while we don't get a questionable addition of Pichu instead.

And if it wasn't Sylveon, I'd just put back in Eevee. As for the relevancy loss, maybe, but we're a long time away from that, and let's be honest, many thought the same thing about Lucario at the end of Gen 4. Also, it's not like the Eeveelutions have lost love over the years, if anything, they continue to be some of the most used pokemon by pokemon fans. Maybe not overly used in online play (I'm not sure, I don't do online battling that much) but still used tons and tons of times throughout casual playthroughs.
You should at least use Eevee then to make that point more valid. Remember Umbreon? New Eeveelution that introduced a new type in the region and had a lot of commercial notoriety? Does anyone see it as exceptionally different from the other Eeveelutions nowadays? No, because it's just another Eeveelution now that Generation 2 is over with. Same goes for Sylveon. It will undoubtedly be just another Eeveelution once Generation 6 is over with. It's flavor of the month now, but it will lose that title entirely once generation 7 starts. Lucario at least has the benefit of being Generation 4's flavor of the month that has kept its popularity over time. That's the difference between Lucario and Sylveon in terms of longevity. So while I'm not saying nobody loves Umbreon or the other Eeveelutions, I am saying that the popularity of them goes down to being niche rather than universal when their time is up. You'd have a hard time justifying why Umbreon should have been in Brawl for the same reasons as why Sylveon should be in SSB4 today. For that reason, if you really want to add the Eevee family, do it with Eevee, not another evolution like Glaceon that will be no longer relevant when its generation ends and the newest "-Eon" sibling takes its place.

On top of all that, you have 6 Pokemon characters already, which is extremely excessive. Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer are given choices. Mewtwo is the outright most requested Pokemon newcomer. Jigglypuff has popularity in Japan and a 3-time record veteran status. That leaves room for a 5th. Would you honestly be able to tell me that Sylveon would be able to triumph over Lucario and Zoroark, both standing in Sylveon's way, over that last Pokemon slot? Or is Sylveon only a wishful addition you merely want than expect? I hope it's the latter.
I see we have another Isaac supporter. Good choice. I also am not that attached to the Gen 5/6 of Pokemon so I have no idea what Sylveon is.
It's the newest evolution of Eevee. It features the new type, Fairy-type, and is used to promote a bit of Pokemon X&Y. Beyond that, it doesn't have a lot that separates it from past Eeveelutions beyond recency and being the first time only one Eeveelution was introduced rather than 2 or 3.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The problem when it comes to planning DLC ahead of time is that you're holding back a part of the actual game that might as well have been a part of the actual game to begin with. As for the some point, he probably means he's going to be unlockable just like in Melee. And also, people want Mewtwo ASAP, having him as DLC seems pointless, especially in turn for Lucario, who is nowhere near as popular, as relevant, as wanted or as marketed as Mewtwo.
I think making it so Lucario & Mewtwo can stay along with a new Pokemon character is better than having Mewtwo ASAP, It probably wouldn't even take that long to make him DLC after the game is released. My point is with DLC you can make it so you keep all the Pokemon veterans, add a fifth new one, and then (If there's not time, which there most certainly won't be.) make Mewtwo downloadable since he's a Melee Veteran. Mewtwo WILL be in SSB4, but DLC just seems like the best way to do it.

The biggest issue I find with DLC is when they decide to troll you with it, like in FF13-2. You can never get the final/true ending of the game without DLC you have to pay for, or in other words buy twice for one game
Who says you have to pay for Mewtwo?

Reznor

work in progress

Let me get this straight...SEGA is having such financial problems that they signed a deal with Nintendo for exclusive Sonic games, couldn't greenlight Bayonetta 2, and actually, and I'm not kidding about this, officially licensed Sonic Porn, but they can afford enough money to buy out another company? Who's running that company, because they're not doing it right!
I think the Sonic Porn thing was a joke

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
SEGA has made a couple of lay offs in 2012 and a loss of 7.1 billion yen that year. However, with the success of their recent digital re-releases, Android/IOS games, and PSO2, they have a profit of 33 billion yen, roughly 330 million, since May. Company of Heroes has also sold 380k in their first week. I think they were most likely playing conservative, but are nowhere near the red financially.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Also, on the topic of DLC, I think we should all look at this video. It's extremely informative as to why DLC is the way it is, as well as why Day 1 DLC can actually be a good thing. Emphasis on the word "can", mind you.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm pretty pissed off that I clicked "Post Reply", refreshed, saw my post didn't go through, and wrote all of this again, so please bare no mind for any snippy undertones.

You specifically said the following:

To say that they aren't cut is a false statement. If we get to pick one but not the other, it's basic logic that the other will be cut, meaning that by essence, you are cutting either Lucario or Jigglypuff. My recommendation was simply that Pichu is replaced by one of them as DLC so that neither are cut while we don't get a questionable addition of Pichu instead.

You should at least use Eevee then to make that point more valid. Remember Umbreon? New Eeveelution that introduced a new type in the region and had a lot of commercial notoriety? Does anyone see it as exceptionally different from the other Eeveelutions nowadays? No, because it's just another Eeveelution now that Generation 2 is over with. Same goes for Sylveon. It will undoubtedly be just another Eeveelution once Generation 6 is over with. It's flavor of the month now, but it will lose that title entirely once generation 7 starts. Lucario at least has the benefit of being Generation 4's flavor of the month that has kept its popularity over time. That's the difference between Lucario and Sylveon in terms of longevity. So while I'm not saying nobody loves Umbreon or the other Eeveelutions, I am saying that the popularity of them goes down to being niche rather than universal when their time is up. You'd have a hard time justifying why Umbreon should have been in Brawl for the same reasons as why Sylveon should be in SSB4 today. For that reason, if you really want to add the Eevee family, do it with Eevee, not another evolution like Glaceon that will be no longer relevant when its generation ends and the newest "-Eon" sibling takes its place.

On top of all that, you have 6 Pokemon characters already, which is extremely excessive. Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer are given choices. Mewtwo is the outright most requested Pokemon newcomer. Jigglypuff has popularity in Japan and a 3-time record veteran status. That leaves room for a 5th. Would you honestly be able to tell me that Sylveon would be able to triumph over Lucario and Zoroark, both standing in Sylveon's way, over that last Pokemon slot? Or is Sylveon only a wishful addition you merely want than expect? I hope it's the latter.
I can probably just put Lucario as the DLC Pokemon if that part makes you feel better, I only chose Pichu as the DLC because both it and Roy are Melee veterans. It's a little different with Umbreon than it is for Sylveon, Umbreon not being able to get any major attention from Sakurai because he'd have to pick between either it or Espeon, and choosing one over the other when it comes to same-generation Eeveelutions is not a good business decision. Sylveon, on the other hand, doesn't have any competition with another Eeveelution, being the first time ever we've seen a single new Eeveelution rather than being released in pairs.

And fine, I'll go back to Eevee. And also, it's still pretty much 5 as the last one is completely optional, five still being the total number of playable Pokemon characters on the disc. I'd also like to point out that Jigglypuff's popularity has been tanking in recent years, and as for the Sylveon question, it's actually neither. Sylveon is more of a representation of a family of pokemon that's the most popular family of Pokemon in the franchise and the very first family of pokemon to officially be available in every generation of pokemon so far.

I think making it so Lucario & Mewtwo can stay along with a new Pokemon character is better than having Mewtwo ASAP, It probably wouldn't even take that long to make him DLC after the game is released. My point is with DLC you can make it so you keep all the Pokemon veterans, add a fifth new one, and then (If there's not time, which there most certainly won't be.) make Mewtwo downloadable since he's a Melee Veteran. Mewtwo WILL be in SSB4, but DLC just seems like the best way to do it.

Who says you have to pay for Mewtwo?
I don't know about that, Mewtwo is probably high priority at this point, especially after knowing that there wasn't enough time for it in Brawl. Mewtwo's priority is probably just as high as PT at this point, far ahead of Jiggs and Lucario. If anyone were to be DLC, it should be Lucario in that sense. It should be Pikachu, PT, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, New Pokemon in that sense, most likely someone like Eevee or, if they feel like giving it attention, Genesect.

Reznor

work in progress
Also, on the topic of DLC, I think we should all look at this video. It's extremely informative as to why DLC is the way it is, as well as why Day 1 DLC can actually be a good thing. Emphasis on the word "can", mind you.
I love these vids

mimgrim

Smash Hero
As long as Sony or MS don't get it. I don't want my beloved Etrian Odyssey games becoming part of Sony or MS systems and I want them to stay on Nintendo handhelds.

Wait really? The actually offically licensed Sonic Porn? When da heck did they do that and is there an article on it? Lmfao.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
It's a little different with Umbreon than it is for Sylveon, Umbreon not being able to get any major attention from Sakurai because he'd have to pick between either it or Espeon, and choosing one over the other when it comes to same-generation Eeveelutions is not a good business decision. Sylveon, on the other hand, doesn't have any competition with another Eeveelution, being the first time ever we've seen a single new Eeveelution rather than being released in pairs.
What, so the jist of it is "Sylveon wasn't released alongside another Eeveelution"? Your entire logic to all of this is that Sylveon is viable because it doesn't have to share a spot with another just like it? That's extremely shallow logic, especially when you consider that it still has to compete with other Pokemon entirely, namely Lucario, Zoroark, and dare I say it, Genesect.

And fine, I'll go back to Eevee. And also, it's still pretty much 5 as the last one is completely optional, five still being the total number of playable Pokemon characters on the disc. I'd also like to point out that Jigglypuff's popularity has been tanking in recent years, and as for the Sylveon question, it's actually neither. Sylveon is more of a representation of a family of pokemon that's the most popular family of Pokemon in the franchise and the very first family of pokemon to officially be available in every generation of pokemon so far.

I don't know about that, Mewtwo is probably high priority at this point, especially after knowing that there wasn't enough time for it in Brawl. Mewtwo's priority is probably just as high as PT at this point, far ahead of Jiggs and Lucario. If anyone were to be DLC, it should be Lucario in that sense. It should be Pikachu, PT, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, New Pokemon in that sense, most likely someone like Eevee or, if they feel like giving it attention, Genesect.
For the most part, I agree. Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo should be obvious choices at this point. It's merely a matter of whether Lucario returns, and if he does, as DLC or not. No matter how you go about it, it still seems a bit much to have 6 Pokemon characters post-DLC. 4 is a decent amount of choices and 5 should not be exceeded at any point. That's just my own opinion, however. There's no real "right" answer to that kind of question with it being forced as an answer.

I love these vids
These kind of analytical videos in general, or Extra Credits in specific?

I'm more lenient towards the latter myself.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
As long as Sony or MS don't get it. I don't want my beloved Etrian Odyssey games becoming part of Sony or MS systems and I want them to stay on Nintendo handhelds.

Wait really? The actually offically licensed Sonic Porn? When da heck did they do that and is there an article on it? Lmfao.
I'm not kidding they really did.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/sega-officially-licenses-sonic-porn-for-additional-revenue/

You know you're losing money when you actually have to license wok that actually slanders your own character. At least Ken Sugimori has the balls to go after people like that.

Reznor

work in progress
These kind of analytical videos in general, or Extra Credits in specific?

I'm more lenient towards the latter myself.
the latter
the only thing I don't agree with Extra Credits is they want games to be considered "art" and if that happens idiots will think that means story and graphics :facepalm:

http://www.p4rgaming.com/sega-officially-licenses-sonic-porn-for-additional-revenue/

You know you're losing money when you actually have to license wok that actually slanders your own character. At least Ken Sugimori has the balls to go after people like that.
that site is a joke site dude
http://www.p4rgaming.com/video-game...saying-disc-not-edible-after-child-eats-disc/
http://www.p4rgaming.com/plants-vs-...-dollar-instantly-beat-game-microtransaction/

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Oh lordy that is halirous as hell. xD

Ok yea reading those comments on the games require warning label one I see that now. But still, that is rather funny. lol

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Joke site or not, this isn't something that's far from the norm of Japanese companies, and considering it was a bad time, it's not out of the question.

What, so the jist of it is "Sylveon wasn't released alongside another Eeveelution"? Your entire logic to all of this is that Sylveon is viable because it doesn't have to share a spot with another just like it? That's extremely shallow logic, especially when you consider that it still has to compete with other Pokemon entirely, namely Lucario, Zoroark, and dare I say it, Genesect.
It's a little more than that. It's a solid combination of single new Eeveelution, new type, most famous family of pokemon in the franchise, the extra appendages, etc. But again, I'll go back to Eevee, who's also being heavily marketed/shown off in other titles like the brand new Tretta starter pack.

Reznor

work in progress
wait we talking about eeveelutions
guys there will be another eeveelution they always come in pairs (kanto excluded)
Psychic and Dark eevee in gen 2
Ice and Grass eevee in gen 4
gen 6 is a even numbered gen like the others

also if we get another eeveelution this gen with the fariy one it will be sper effective against fairy of fariy will be super effective against the new one (this is a pattern the past 2 gens follow)
so its possible the new eevee will be dragon type (to better show how fairy beat dragon)

Joke site or not, this isn't something that's far from the norm of Japanese companies, and considering it was a bad time, it's not out of the question.
it sounds like it could be real but thats the only place with that info so its most likely a joke

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I only think DLC can be good if its pointless-meaning you can complete the game and if you want to do more stuff or get more items or something, you can buy the DLC for that. In any other case I see it as one big troll face to the gamer.

Anyway, about the eeveelutions, yeah, I noticed the trend too. I'm just not sure if it will be Dragon though, considering it's likely Fairy type will have more than one advantage type matchup, but them mentioning Fairy being good against Dragon does at the same time seem suspicious to me.
If it is a dragon, I hope it's at least not going to be another Flareon (i.e stats aren't complemented via move pool)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
wait we talking about eeveelutions
guys there will be another eeveelution they always come in pairs (kanto excluded)
Psychic and Dark eevee in gen 2
Ice and Grass eevee in gen 4
gen 6 is a even numbered gen like the others

also if we get another eeveelution this gen with the fariy one it will be sper effective against fairy of fariy will be super effective against the new one (this is a pattern the past 2 gens follow)
so its possible the new eevee will be dragon type (to better show how fairy beat dragon)

it sounds like it could be real but thats the only place with that info so its most likely a joke
I don't know about the second Eeveelution of Gen 6, usually Eeveelutions are announced at the same time, not one a little after the game's announced and another a couple of months before the game's release. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom