• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, that's a horrible comparison because

1. It's so CLEARLY a Game & Watch Stage!
  2. That's the name of the Game & Watch game they are playing. That's why there are 4 Nintendo character's beating each other in a Smash stage
  3. What reason would Punch-Out have to make it LOOK like a Smash Arena if the world their trying to represent is from Punch-Out? Shouldn't it be advertisning NY or the game Punch-Out?
1. It's obviously a Punch Out!! Stage. Why else would they have a BOXING ring of all things?
2. Smash circuit maybe? The Punch Out rings have the names of the circuit on the emblem. Having a smash circuit isn't farfetched. Especially after Smashville.
3. If its a smash stage, then why is there no music in the background? Battlefield had music. They are keeping secrets. Why keep a smash stage in a shroud of mystery?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I never said Sukapon is more likely than Takamaru. But he's from a japan only fighting game with one release, (I think) just like Takamaru. The only reason the playing field is not level with these two is because of Takamaru's popularity, and recent cameo. I said we have indeed seen characters that punch things. I said Takamaru is a different style of swordplay. I implied he could use other things. Having a flaming sword is an idea I don't like for Takamaru, and Opossum said the same exact thing to you about Marth and Link like, 5 pages ago. And you disagreed. I remember because I backed him
When did I ever disagree that Marth and Link are completely different. And you can't compare Takamaru to Sukapon because Sukapon never made a cameo in Samurai Warriors or Nintendo Land. For all we know it's probably not popular in Japan like Takamaru.

And Takamaru only having one game doesn't mean jack. Ice Climber only had 1 game, Kid Icarus only had 1 game. I swear with some people it's like. "Oh, well, they have to have a certain number of games and the last game they were in has to have come out after 2009 or it's not relevant"

Also looks like we don't really need Roy now that we have Takamaru's Flame Sword. :dizzy:

TheCreator

Smash Lord
He said comparing Goroh and Takamaru is like comparing Marth and Link. And you said no it's not. You didn't disagree that they are completely different. You disagreed that comparing one swordplay style to another, vastly different one, was like comparing marth and link.

And I can, because I did. Those two things you said were part of the comparison.

Takamaru having one game means a lot, actually. Especially because it was japan only. He's by no means an all star of Nintendo and almost every western smash player will have no idea who he is.

TheCreator

Smash Lord

2. That's the name of the Game & Watch game they are playing. That's why there are 4 Nintendo character's beating each other in a Smash stage
  3. What reason would Punch-Out have to make it LOOK like a Smash Arena if the world their trying to represent is from Punch-Out? Shouldn't it be advertisning NY or the game Punch-Out?

It's not...the game and watch they are playing switches in the stage.
Maybe, it is a smash bros themed Punch Out!! stage?
Because Little Mac has not been revealed?[/quote]

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Hotfeet! Draw me a picture of Takamaru posing in the sunlight with Roy sadly walking away in the distance pronto! :psycho:

ErictheLone

Smash Apprentice
What reason would Punch-Out have to make it LOOK like a Smash Arena if the world their trying to represent is from Punch-Out? Shouldn't it be advertisning NY or the game Punch-Out?
Only if Sakurai wanted to make it 100% obvious that it is a Punch Out stage at this time. Remember this is a Japanese game, and the game is in their hands first. Punch Out is not terribly popular there. It is respected, but they lack the cultural connection to boxing and underdogs that we have in North America. They might not be as inclined to notice the details that we are noticing. That we are still arguing about this tells me that the Japanese, Euros, and others (not the hardcore smash bros forum/nintendo fan ones) may be mostly oblivious to the significance of this stage.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

[/quote]

1. I don't think this stage was revealed prior to Brawl's release, unlike the Boxing Ring.
2. Are you saying they're playing a Smash Bros themed G&W? Well, the Boxing Ring could have the same thing.
3. No it shouldn't. Did you forget my post? It might just be a placeholder before Little Mac is revealed.

EDIT: Ummm....WTH? Why is the quote getting screwed up for everyone?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It'd make more sense as a place holder, because a Stage Arena that's neither Punch-Out nor Kind Dedede doesn't make any sense at all.

Fun Fact: It was actually my idea about 4 years ago to have a stage arena that followed the exact same play style, representing Punch-Out or King Dedede. But, I thought it was stupid. Just like I think it's weird now.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The Animal Crossing stage take place in a village called "Smashville". The Game & Watch stage take place inside a Game & Watch unit titled "Super Smash Bros." The Punch-Out!! stage takes place at the boxing ring and it is the Smash Circuit, not Minor Circuit, not Major Circuit, not World Circuit.

Reznor

work in progress
we still talking about the Boxing Ring :facepalm:

thinking of adding more Raichus to my sig how many more should I add

Khoru

Smash Champion
And Takamaru only having one game doesn't mean jack. Ice Climber only had 1 game, Kid Icarus only had 1 game. I swear with some people it's like. "Oh, well, they have to have a certain number of games and the last game they were in has to have come out after 2009 or it's not relevant"
well.
that's not actually the point of what you were saying but safdsgfs

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
On, my desk by tonight, no holidays :lick:
Why thank you oh so very much Mr. Scrooge. :p PS: I stole your coal.

we still talking about the Boxing Ring :facepalm:

thinking of adding more Raichus to my sig how many more should I add
Add ALL the Raichus! ....or at least as many you can until it goes over the limit. :p

Reznor

work in progress
Why thank you oh so very much Mr. Scrooge. :p PS: I stole your coal.

Add ALL the Raichus! ....or at least as many you can until it goes over the limit. :p
thats all the Raichus I can add but I will change my avatar to a cuter Raichu
I really hope we get a Raichu costume for Pikachu

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am utterly baffled as to why, after Punch Out!! was revitalized just a few years ago and after everyone and their mothers predicted its boxing ring as a shoo-in stage, along with a Galaxy stage, an Uprising stage, Skyloft and the like, now that it's revealed, people are stupidly clinging to any possible reason it's not the stage they've been forecasting for years.

Maybe it's the same BS that is flung at Little Mac...Punch Out!! isn't popular enough, the ring would be boring, it's got no movese...err, stage hazard potential, etc.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I am utterly baffled as to why, after Punch Out!! was revitalized just a few years ago and after everyone and their mothers predicted its boxing ring as a shoo-in stage, along with a Galaxy stage, an Uprising stage, Skyloft and the like, now that it's revealed, people are stupidly clinging to any possible reason it's not the stage they've been forecasting for years.
Well, for people who haven't played Punch-Out on Wii it's not as obvious as you think.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Watch everyone get blindsided and Little Mac doesn't wind up in the game at all. When Sakurai said that fighting game characters weren't interesting, he meant Little Mac :troll:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Watch everyone get blindsided and Little Mac doesn't wind up in the game at all. When Sakurai said that fighting game characters weren't interesting, he meant Little Mac :troll:
No.

Don't ever say those words in that order ever again. You can speak them in a jumbled mess, but please don't say it the way you said it.

So god help me I will cry if you do it again.

I need my Little Mac...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Aw jeez, Noah is Judge Doom.

I'm hoping it's a Punch-Out!!! stage and not a generic Smash stage, although a third Smash stage alongside Battlefield and Final Destination would be an interesting addition.

I REALLY hoping it's not the new Final Destination.

----

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'm hoping it's a Punch-Out!!! stage and not a generic Smash stage, although a third Smash stage alongside Battlefield and Final Destination would be an interesting addition.

I REALLY hoping it's not the new Final Destination.
Can we just take a moment to imagine fighting Master Hand there? A giant disembodied hand floats over the audience, scared and confused as they scream at the surreal being, to beat up the victor of the previous match. The situation sounds less mystical like it is in the first three Smash Bros. and much more instead like some bizarre last-second idea for a boss fight in Classic mode. There isn't much reason for the implied in-universe God of Creation to just show up in a boxing ring of all places.

For those reasons, I'm pretty sure that it's not Final Destination.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Can we just take a moment to imagine fighting Master Hand there? A giant disembodied hand floats over the audience, scared and confused as they scream at the surreal being, to beat up the victor of the previous match. The situation sounds less mystical like it is in the first three Smash Bros. and much more instead like some bizarre last-second idea for a boss fight in Classic mode. There isn't much reason for the implied in-universe God of Creation to just show up in a boxing ring of all places.

For those reasons, I'm pretty sure that it's not Final Destination.
But it would be funny to see it happen though.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok if this stage is or isn't punch out, there is a thing that I very like about it: if this stage wouldn't have hasard I think it would be good as a competitive stage right?

note: I'm not that informed concerning competitive play so it looks like it but could someone please confirm my tought?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'd like to add Lucario to my roster over JigglyPuff, but what I fear is that being a fairy Pokemon, JigglyPuff's moves are more unique from Mewtwo. Then there's the possibility Mewtwo will make Lucario low priority. Also Extreme Speed Genesect hasn't made Genesect as popular as Lucario was during gen 4, but you have to admit Genesect has become fairly popular among Pokemon fans.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
ok if this stage is or isn't punch out, there is a thing that I very like about it: if this stage wouldn't have hasard I think it would be good as a competitive stage right?

note: I'm not that informed concerning competitive play so it looks like it but could someone please confirm my tought?
Well, think in 2D format and all the possible stages. Do you really think that's the best possible to be passed to Smash Bros, or do you think there might be one with more unique potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom