• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has shown he doesn't care about generation representation, especially since Pichu would've never been in the game if he couldn't be an easy to create Pikachu clone. And if it wasn't because of the movie...why does it talk like the one in the movie? Why does it fight NOTHING like a Lucario? (Actually, scratch that, that was probably just poor design choice), why does it always talk about Aura if it's not the one from the movie? Regardless, Lucario owes a majority of his popularity to Smash Bros.
I'd like to think most came from the movie and anime. It was really popular before Brawl, but I think Brawl just made it a bit more popular and who knows, maybe people haven't forgotten it because of Brawl, maybe not. All I can say is I really like Lucario before Brawl, as did my bro.

Hello all! ^_^ New here and thought I'd post my wishlist below. Let me know what you think! ^_^

Super Mario Bros Franchise
--------------------------

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Bowser

Yoshi

Donkey Kong Franchise
---------------------

DK

Diddy

K Rool

Starfox Franchise
-----------------

Fox

Wolf

Krystal

Kirby Franchise
---------------

Kirby

Dedede

Metaknight

Zelda Franchise
---------------

Link

Zelda

Ganondorf

Pokemon Franchise
-----------------

Pikachu

Mewtwo (in newest form) Possible ability to switch between Lucario and Mewtwo

Pokemon Trainer (Male)

Pokemon Trainer (Female) with either 3 of the Evee Evolutions (<3 <3 <3) or Gen 2 Starters (chikorita, Quilava, Feraligator

OR Totodile, Bayleef, Typhlosion (if it was in the order of PT male)

Metroid Franchise
-----------------

Samus (remove Zero Suit or allow her to switch between the two forms)

Ridley

Kid Icarus Franchise
--------------------

Pit

Palutena

Earthbound Franchise
--------------------

Ness

F-Zero Franchise
----------------

Captain Falcon

Pikmin Franchise
----------------

Olimar

Fire Emblem Franchise
---------------------

Marth ???

Chrom

Either Tharja or Flavia

Ice Climbers Franchise
----------------------

Ice Climbers

Guest Characters

Wii-Fit Trainer
Sonic
Megaman

Cut Characters
--------------

Game & Watch
Toon Link
Falco
R.O.B
Lucas
Wario
Ike
Snake
Jigglypuff
Lucario (Unless he is transformation with Mewtwo)
1. Why do you think Lucario is Mew?
2. WHY DOES EARTHBOUND/MOTHER GET LESS REPS???
3. What do you have against Snake? He's awesome and a rare 3rd party character -n-,

PerfectDarkMarc

Smash Cadet
Sorry in advance for taking up so much room on the page with that post o_O

Also, since I noticed that you were on the topic of Eveelutions - did the rumored dragon type get revealed yet???

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Sorry in advance for taking up so much room on the page with that post o_O

Also, since I noticed that you were on the topic of Eveelutions - did the rumored dragon type get revealed yet???
No, it's a fan theory based on Dark-Psy (Gen 2) and Ice-Grass(Gen 4), and Fairy being a new evolution and this being Gen 6 with Fairy good against Dragon.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
1. Why do you think Lucario is Mew?
3. What do you have against Snake? He's awesome and a rare 3rd party character -n-,
It is a wishlist, don't look to much into it.

But to point out, Yoshi belongs to Yoshi Island series not Super Mario.
Also Wii-Fit Trainer isn't a guess character as Wii-Fit is first party and not 3rd part so it would fall under Wii series or Wii Fit series, whichever you prefer.
Also Tharja or Flavia cracks me up. lol

PerfectDarkMarc

Smash Cadet
"1. Why do you think Lucario is Mew?
3. What do you have against Snake? He's awesome and a rare 3rd party character -n-,"

haha I don't think Lucario is Mew. I just thought it would be cool to swap between Mewtwo and Lucario (sort of like Zelda's Shiek Transformation) because they
if I'm not mistaken were supposed to be opposites of each other right? Lucario is more physical/fighting type and Mewtwo is a Pschic/telekinesis type.
I think they would complement each other nicely but since we don't want to take up too many slots I feel giving people the ability to switch between the two
mid battle would be a nice compromise. (Instead of just removing Lucario in order to add Mewtwo (who is indisputably more popular).

As it stands now I think Lucas and Ness play far too similarly to each other. I am personally not opposed to two Mother reps but I would like to see either a villian or a character added that plays nothing like Ness. Ness takes priority over Lucas imo beacuse of veteran status.

Snake's inclusion always felt "off" to me from the get go. I don't dislike him/have anything against him in particular but he IS a 3rd party character and if one is going to get between him and Sonic I'd rather it be Snake. I feel overall Sonic blended in better with the Smash universe than Snake. Personal opinion of course. ;P

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'd like to think most came from the movie and anime. It was really popular before Brawl, but I think Brawl just made it a bit more popular and who knows, maybe people haven't forgotten it because of Brawl, maybe not. All I can say is I really like Lucario before Brawl, as did my bro.
Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVED Lucario before Brawl, it was on my very first Diamond team and was an amazing pokemon in Platinum as well. I would've gotten it in HeartGold/SoulSilver...but I don't have the patience. :p

I'm seriously going to go out of my way to say that it's definitely because of Brawl that Lucario is still used as a mascot. Smash Bros' popularity does alot of things for Nintendo. It brought Fire Emblem to America, it introduced a majority of Nintendo fans to the Mother series, revived several franchises, and made Lucario incredibly popular.

PerfectDarkMarc

Smash Cadet
"It is a wishlist, don't look to much into it.

Also Wii-Fit Trainer isn't a guess character as Wii-Fit is first party and not 3rd part so it would fall under Wii series or Wii Fit series, whichever you prefer.
Also Tharja or Flavia cracks me up. lol"

Yes I well know Yoshi has his own Franchise but he originated from Mario Bros. Either way, I mainly put him under SMB because it
was easier and quicker. Same with WFT. I am fully aware she is not really considered a "guest" character in the conventional sense.

Also, Tharja and Flavia were there because of two reasons

1. I think a female rep for Fire Emblem is long overdue.

2. I picked two at random. I had heard Tharja was popular though and I thought Flavia was pretty cool looking design-wise when I
clicked on her so in she went.

I picked Marth because he is a Vet and popular. Chrom because he is a good rep for the most recent game.

"No, it's a fan theory based on Dark-Psy (Gen 2) and Ice-Grass(Gen 4), and Fairy being a new evolution and this being Gen 6 with Fairy good against Dragon."

Doh! Ok thanks for the info!

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
haha I don't think Lucario is Mew. I just thought it would be cool to swap between Mewtwo and Lucario (sort of like Zelda's Shiek Transformation) because they if I'm not mistaken were supposed to be opposites of each other right? Lucario is more physical/fighting type and Mewtwo is a Pschic/telekinesis type.
As true as that may be, that however does not serve to justify. Sheik WAS Zelda in Ocarina of time. Mewtwo was NEVER Lucario.
As interesting an idea that may be, the logic behind it doesn't cope well.

As it stands now I think Lucas and Ness play far too similarly to each other. I am personally not opposed to two Mother reps but I would like to see either a villian or a character added that plays nothing like Ness. Ness takes priority over Lucas imo beacuse of veteran status.
Well of course Lucas would play a bit like Ness. This is his first appearance and, like Ness, he borrowed most of his PSI attacks from the other (in Lucas's case, Kumatora). If you really want to tell them apart, make them more loyal to their self from their game of origin. After all, Kuma and Paula do share quite a few PSI attacks in common, and having both Ness and Lucas borrow would inevitably lead to the "he's a clone" debate. To "fix" the issue would simply to polish their moves back to being... well, THEIR moves, if that makes sense.

Snake's inclusion always felt "off" to me from the get go. I don't dislike him/have anything against him in particular but he IS a 3rd party character and if one is going to get between him and Sonic I'd rather it be Snake. I feel overall Sonic blended in better with the Smash universe than Snake. Personal opinion of course. ;P
Sonic was the most buggy character in brawl. What, with the ability to roll in a line in mid-air and teleport when you made contact with something, just for starters...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
"It is a wishlist, don't look to much into it.

Also Tharja or Flavia cracks me up. lol"

Yes I well know Yoshi has his own Franchise but he originated from Mario Bros. Either way, I mainly put him under SMB because it
was easier and quicker. Same with WFT. I am fully aware she is not really considered a "guest" character in the conventional sense.

Also, Tharja and Flavia were there because of two reasons

1. I think a female rep for Fire Emblem is long overdue.

2. I picked two at random. I had heard Tharja was popular though and I thought Flavia was pretty cool looking design-wise when I
clicked on her so in she went.

I picked Marth because he is a Vet and popular. Chrom because he is a good rep for the most recent game.
For a female character from FE wouldn't some like Lyn (a main lord of FE6), Lucina (a main character of FE13), Tiki (has been playable in 5 FE games and played a major role in 4 of them and a decently important role in the most recent FE), or Anna (has been in every FE game created that isn't FE2)? As Tharja is not important in anyway to FE, and Flavia while a semi-important character from FE13 has some very stiff competition.

Marth will stay because he is like the mascot of FE and will never get taken out. lol

PerfectDarkMarc

Smash Cadet
"For a female character from FE wouldn't some like Lyn (a main lord of FE6), Lucina (a main character of FE13), Tiki (has been playable in 5 FE games and played a major role in 4 of them and a decently important role in the most recent FE), or Anna (has been in every FE game created that isn't FE2)? As Tharja is not important in anyway to FE, and Flavia while a semi-important character from FE13 has some very stiff competition.

Marth will stay because he is like the mascot of FE and will never get taken out. lol"

Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with the FE series as a whole so I'm curious to see those characters you mentioned above. I'll have to look them up!
Honestly I'd be ok with any female FE rep. Tharja and Flavia were just the first two I saw. Fans of the series would know better than I who deserves to get in over those two. :)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Actually, Mewtwo Awakened Forme is just as equally strong as Normal Mewtwo
Please show the clip from the movie that proves that. Because I have clips from the movie proving otherwise. Also if it's equally strong, than you STILL wouldn't want to be Mewtwo because Newtwo is faster. Meaning he's still an upgrade of the original Mewtwo. And you said old Mewtwo could beat up Genesect, but Newtwo can't. What logic is this, and where did you get it? I thought you just claimed they are equally powerful.

Besides it's called awakened form because his true powers are awakened, not because he flies faster. What kind of incredibly disappointing and anti-climactic transformation is that?

This trailer shows that Newtwo is not only faster, but his offense is increased. Clips from 2:05, 3:15, and 3:49 show this.

And also at 18:21 watch that and then tell me he's just as powerful and just an increase in speed!

Also here is a list of things I don't understand about the assumption of Newtwo just being faster

1. Why is it called the "Awakened Form" if not because his true power is awakened
  2. How would this be implemented in the game, would he just always attack first because he's faster?
  3. Why bother having a completely different form if all it does is increase your speed? Why not just have a fiery blue light around Mewtwo or a change in color and just say "There, he's faster now"
  4. Why would Pokemon do something so incredibly dissapointing and anti-climactic as reveal a new form of mewtwo and call it "The Awakened Form" When it's just an increase in flying speed?
The assumption he is equally powerful, but just faster makes no sense.

PerfectDarkMarc

Smash Cadet
"For a female character from FE wouldn't some like Lyn (a main lord of FE6), Lucina (a main character of FE13), Tiki (has been playable in 5 FE games and played a major role in 4 of them and a decently important role in the most recent FE), or Anna (has been in every FE game created that isn't FE2)? As Tharja is not important in anyway to FE, and Flavia while a semi-important character from FE13 has some very stiff competition.

Marth will stay because he is like the mascot of FE and will never get taken out. lol"

I just looked up those 4 characters you mentioned and I have to say, I like ALL of them! I wouldn't be able to choose! haha XD

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just looked up those 4 characters you mentioned and I have to say, I like ALL of them! I wouldn't be able to choose! haha XD
I do need to ask, though...why did you cut Ike, ROB, Game and Watch, and Wario?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Please show the clip from the movie that proves that. Because I have clips from the movie proving otherwise. Also if it's equally strong, than you STILL wouldn't want to be Mewtwo because Newtwo is faster. Meaning he's still an upgrade of the original Mewtwo. And you said old Mewtwo could beat up Genesect, but Newtwo can't. What logic is this, and where did you get it? I thought you just claimed they are equally powerful.
How can I have a clip of the movie when there's nothing like that on youtube? Also, I said it LOOKS equally strong, that may not be the case as it may lose some defense/offense stats to boost its speed stat. And by the Old Mewtwo, I mean the one from the first movie, you know, the one who started the storm to end the world by flicking his wrist?

PerfectDarkMarc

Smash Cadet
"I do need to ask, though...why did you cut Ike, ROB, Game and Watch, and Wario?"

R.O.B wasn't very popular and I didn't feel he brought much new to the series. He was just sort of....bland I guess? Just not a fan I suppose. Since some characters inevitably have to be cut I felt he was "expendable" *Cue maniacal laughter* >;P

As for Wario, unless Waluigi is in it just feels "lopsided" to have one and not the other. Then again, even though I will admit he has a very unique playstyle, I think he could be cut for someone more worthy of a spot. For instance, someone like Lil' Mac (who I clearly forgot to add to the wishlist *facepalm*)

Game & Watch's "quirkiness" I feel has been passed on to WFT. That is not to say they play the same (they clearly don't) but I do not think we need both.
Don't hate him though (how can you?) so if he stays in I won't be dissapointed in the slightest.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Hello all! ^_^ New here and thought I'd post my wishlist below. Let me know what you think! ^_^

Super Mario Bros Franchise
--------------------------

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Bowser

Yoshi

Donkey Kong Franchise
---------------------

DK

Diddy

K Rool

Starfox Franchise
-----------------

Fox

Wolf

Krystal I'd rather get Slippy before Krystal. AND WHY DID YOU CUT FALCO!?!

Kirby Franchise
---------------

Kirby

Dedede

Metaknight

Zelda Franchise
---------------

Link

Zelda ...Sheik? Or Impa? Is Zelda just by herself? It would be pretty unique, actually.

Ganondorf

Pokemon Franchise
-----------------

Pikachu

Pokemon Trainer (Male)

Pokemon Trainer (Female) with either 3 of the Evee Evolutions (<3 <3 <3) or Gen 2 Starters (chikorita, Quilava, Feraligator

OR Totodile, Bayleef, Typhlosion (if it was in the order of PT male) Woah, woah, woah, stop right here. :ohwell: While I'd like the idea of another PKMN Trainer, the current severe limitations of the 3DS would make it unlikely to have multiple-controlling characters. Besides technical issues, think about all the roster balancing Sakurai would have to do to compensate ONE PKMN Trainer LET ALONE TWO. It's just too much.

Metroid Franchise
-----------------

Samus (remove Zero Suit or allow her to switch between the two forms)

Ridley

Kid Icarus Franchise
--------------------

Pit

Palutena

Earthbound Franchise
--------------------

Ness Personally, I'd remove the Earthbound series altogether.

F-Zero Franchise
----------------

Captain Falcon

Pikmin Franchise
----------------

Olimar

Fire Emblem Franchise
---------------------

Marth ???

Chrom

Either Tharja or Flavia WHO?! :confused:

Ice Climbers Franchise
----------------------

Ice Climbers

Guest Characters

Wii-Fit Trainer
Sonic
Megaman

Cut Characters
--------------

Game & Watch Not going anywhere.
Toon Link
Falco Not going anywhere.
R.O.B Not going anywhere.
Lucas
Wario ESPECIALLY not going anywhere.
Ike
Snake
Jigglypuff As much as I'd like, not going anywhere.
Lucario (Unless he is transformation with Mewtwo)
What?

Decent shot at a roster, I'd give it a 5/10. Way too many amateur mistakes, tough.

"I do need to ask, though...why did you cut Ike, ROB, Game and Watch, and Wario?"

R.O.B wasn't very popular and I didn't feel he brought much new to the series. He was just sort of....bland I guess? Just not a fan I suppose. Since some characters inevitably have to be cut I felt he was "expendable" *Cue maniacal laughter* >;P
Your personal opinions will not change Sakurai's, though. ROB is here to stay for the same reasons as Game and Watch.

As for Wario, unless Waluigi is in it just feels "lopsided" to have one and not the other. Then again, even though I will admit he has a very unique playstyle, I think he could be cut for someone more worthy of a spot. For instance, someone like Lil' Mac (who I clearly forgot to add to the wishlist *facepalm*)
Wario is a major Nintendo character that HAS HIS OWN SERIES of video games he starred in. Waluigi is just a spin-off character in sports and party games.

Game & Watch's "quirkiness" I feel has been passed on to WFT. That is not to say they play the same (they clearly don't) but I do not think we need both.
Don't hate him though (how can you?) so if he stays in I won't be dissapointed in the slightest.
If Sakurai wanted to cut Game and Watch, he would have done so in Brawl. And there is no cardinal rule that because one WTF character makes it in Smash, that means another must be cut or replaced.

PerfectDarkMarc

Smash Cadet
"I'm guessing it is because it is a wishlist and it is mostly based around what wants. lol"

lol no not really. Even though I do like a lot of the new inclusions I added to that list, I made a list that I felt was both fair and practical while representing each
Franchise to the proper degree without overdoing it. Fire Emblem was the only series I didn't really know a whole lot about so I did the best I could with it
by adding 1 vet (Marth), one male newcomer from Awakening (Chrom) and one female rep from Awakening as well. (I leave that to the developers discretion)

This is another reason I removed Wario, because although he has long since been established as having his own series he is what I would consider still a "Mario universe character". I feel 5 reps for Mario is more than enough and Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser/Yoshi is the perfect amount of representation.

TheDivineDeity

I'd say cutting ness would be an amateur mistake...
I said I'd personally see to it, not that it's going to happen.

"I'm guessing it is because it is a wishlist and it is mostly based around what wants. lol"

lol no not really. Even though I do like a lot of the new inclusions I added to that list, I made a list that I felt was both fair and practical while representing each
Franchise to the proper degree without overdoing it. Fire Emblem was the only series I didn't really know a whole lot about so I did the best I could with it
by adding 1 vet (Marth), one male newcomer from Awakening (Chrom) and one female rep from Awakening as well. (I leave that to the developers discretion)

This is another reason I removed Wario, because although he has long since been established as having his own series he is what I would consider still a "Mario universe character" LOL. I feel 5 reps for Mario is more than enough and Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser/Yoshi is the perfect amount of representation.
Wario has established himself as a separate character of the Mario universe the same way Yoshi and Donkey KOng can warrant themselves their own separate series - they all have their own series of games, and in Wario's case Gameboy Advance platformers, Wario World, Shake-It, and the minigame series, including the recent Game and Wario series. Wario deserves it because he's established neough on his own to be a representative of his own self.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Pokemon Trainer (Male)
Characters transforming into other characters doesn't make any sense. Same with Zelda switching to Impa. Pokemon Trainer is the only person that can do that.

I want to cut JigglyPuff for being old, but what keeps her in my roster is that Lucario and Mewtwo are similar. Even though Lucario has different moves, his abilities can easily be dismissed for that of Mewtwo's which are more powerful anyway. JigglyPuff would be more unique than Lucario because of her fairy powers. It doesn't seem right to have more than 1 Pokemon be a similar type or fighting style. We need to have our Pokemon reps be as different from each other as much as possible.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Characters transforming into other characters doesn't make any sense. Same with Zelda switching to Impa. Pokemon Trainer is the only person that can do that.
Pokemon Trainer confirmed to be every character in Smash!

This is another reason I removed Wario, because although he has long since been established as having his own series he is what I would consider still a "Mario universe character". I feel 5 reps for Mario is more than enough and Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser/Yoshi is the perfect amount of representation.
First off, you stole my pink. :L

Second of all, why did you call it a wishlist then? lol

TheDivineDeity

I want to cut JigglyPuff for being old, but what keeps her in my roster is that Lucario and Mewtwo are similar. Even though Lucario has different moves, his abilities can easily be dismissed for that of Mewtwo's which are more powerful anyway. JigglyPuff would be more unique than Lucario because of her fairy powers. It doesn't seem right to have more than 1 Pokemon be a similar type or fighting style. We need to have our Pokemon reps be as different from each other as much as possible.
Oh, so Zelda transforming into Sheik makes sense, but not Impa?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Oh, so Zelda transforming into Sheik makes sense, but not Impa?
Yes, because

1. Zelda IS Sheik, they are the same person.
  2. She does it in the game.
  3. Impa is not Zelda, they are two different people that don't transform into each other in the game or ever.
How did you not catch on to that??? :facepalm:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Uhm, Shiekd IS Zelda. Zelda literally transformed into Shiekd in OoT. As far as I know she never transformed into Imp. :/
...Shiekd and Imp?

Yes, because

1. Zelda IS Sheik, they are the same person.
  2. She does it in the game.
  3. Impa is not Zelda, they are two different people that don't transform into each other in the game or ever.
How did you not catch on to that??? :facepalm:
Zelda and Impa could simply tag out much like Donkey Kong and Diddy in DKC, but it would still seem weird.

----

TheDivineDeity

At least Impa would give Zelda more diversity and uniqueness as a tag team tandem than Sheik ever would. All Sheik does is hog up Zelda's characters slot - nobody ever plays as Zelda or both Zelda/Sheik, while everybody plays as Sheik. Because of Impa's similarities with Zelda, however, she can work very well as a team because that's just that - they can work as a team.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Sakurai is talking about Ice Climbers and Olimar, where multiple characters are at once on the screen.

Pokemon Trainer has one Pokemon out at a time. The trainer himself following where his pokemon goes is not that big a deal, but making a character try to copy every input, or catch up to a player THAT'S the problem.

And if it were about transforming characters, why does Zelda/Sheik get a free pass? She would present a problem as well. (except they don't because the issue is not transforming characters)

PerfectDarkMarc

Smash Cadet
Your personal opinions will not change Sakurai's, though. ROB is here to stay for the same reasons as Game and Watch.
Wario is a major Nintendo character that HAS HIS OWN SERIES of video games he starred in. Waluigi is just a spin-off character in sports and party games.
If Sakurai wanted to cut Game and Watch, he would have done so in Brawl. And there is no cardinal rule that because one WTF character makes it in Smash, that means another must be cut or replaced.

Huh? I never said there was a cardinal rule to have only one WTF character in Smash. I personally don't care if G&W stays in or not. My list was based on the fact that some characters are going to be cut whether we like it or not. I feel ROB and G&W are likely to be cut. I could be wrong but we won't know until Sakarai says otherwise will we?

"Your personal opinions will not change Sakurai's, though. ROB is here to stay for the same reasons as Game and Watch."

Please provide proof that ROB is here to stay? Same with G&W (though he is slightly more likely to stay than ROB)
Also, I never stated that my personal opinions would change Sakarai's mind. If you look at my list you'll notice a pattern. I tried to round out each franchise as best I could.

For example, Starfox: Fox (vet/mainstay, Wolf (Villian/arguably less of a clone than Falco, Krystal (potentially unique playstyle with staff/adds another female character which is sorely needed)

Same with DK: DK (vet/mainstay/for obvious reasons, Diddy (unique playstyle and because his/DK's games typically feature him and DK as a team), K Rool (Highly requested/villian powerhouse)

I could go on and on but I think you get the point. I hope you do anyways. lol

"Wario is a major Nintendo character that HAS HIS OWN SERIES of video games he starred in. Waluigi is just a spin-off character in sports and party games."

I realize that. I do. I feel he has a good chance of being in because of that. I am willing to bet Sakarai is not going to cut him either. I was sort of on the fence with cutting him on my list but in the end decided to anyways because I ended up with a 35 character roster which if I'm not mistaken is equivilent to Brawls. (although that point is sort of moot now since I evidently missed lil' Mac :/ ) I also decided to leave it at 35 due to the fact that there were going to be some unexpected "left field" characters as well as some who were potentially not going to be cut that I placed in the "cut" category.
Also, anyone else think that the main character from that new "Wonderful 101" game is going to be playable?

TheDivineDeity

whoops. Double post. :(
If Sakurai is going to make cuts, he's going to make cuts that make sense, like Lucario and Ike, because they are transitional characters. Sakurai has yet to cut AN ENTIRE SERIES from the Smash, as Game and Wtach and ROB represent their own. If you're going to justify your cuts, at least have them make sense.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
At least Impa would give Zelda more diversity and uniqueness as a tag team tandem than Sheik ever would.
HOW? They are both Sheikahs. And if you mean like an Ice Climber Duo, that doesn't work because their abilities are completely different. You're being bias again.

nobody ever plays as Zelda or both Zelda/Sheik, while everybody plays as Sheik.
Any source or polls for that statement? What made you think you could say that and expect everybody to believe something so bias. Where is your proof that nobody plays as Zelda? Just because YOU don't play as Zelda doesn't mean everybody else is the same. WHAT are you talking about?

Because of Impa's similarities with Zelda
So now are you implying they should have the same abilities as a duo? Dude, nobody would want that over the ability to be Zelda and Sheik as one person rather than have them follow each other around. Ask anybody.

she can work very well as a team because that's just that - they can work as a team.
"That's just that" is not a reason why they work as a team. I could say Bowser with a Paratroopa stapled to his face works just because it does, but you're not gonna believe me if I don't give reasons why. Saying "That's just that" "The truth hurts" or "It needs to be done" doesn't make it so. Nobody would be happy with such a terrible idea. The majority of people would rather have Sheik and not Impa, so obviously Sakurai will leave that unchanged rather than wasting development time on something so pointless and stupid.

I think we're in for a long night..........

If Sakurai is going to make cuts, he's going to make cuts that make sense, like Lucario and Ike, because they are transitional characters. Sakurai has yet to cut AN ENTIRE SERIES from the Smash, as Game and Wtach and ROB represent their own. If you're going to justify your cuts, at least have them make sense.
Cutting Ike doesn't make any sense, Mr. Recency. Ike is the most popular lord of all time next to Marth, and unlike Chrom he had 2 installments and nobody wants Ike to leave, and the majority of people would prefer Ike over Chrom.

If you're going to justify your cuts, at least have them make sense.
How hypocritical. When has a single cut you've ever made in your entire life EVER made sense? Cutting the second most popular Fire Emblem rep along with the entire EarthBound series? ARE YOU SERIOUS???

Why don't you just declare that every game that didn't come out after 2009 is a dead and irrelevant series that everybody forgot about and doesn't care about? You might as well just erase them from the history books and pretend they NEVER existed. Do some research. You don't have the authority to declare something dead or irrelevant. It lives on in the hearts of fans who are great in number.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
This imo is the most realistic roster possible, but I would only be excited for ridley, and bowser jr and mewtwo.

Its good but not risky at all and knowing sakurai he likes it crazy, but on paper this looks the most realistic.

TheDivineDeity

This imo is the most realistic roster possible, but I would only be excited for ridley, and bowser jr.

Its good but not risky at all and knowing sakurai he likes it crazy, but on paper this looks the most realistic.
Diddy and Dixie Kong together... FAIL :facepalm: Lucario and Ike staying... FAIL :facepalm: Fire Emblem not updating itself with a new character (even if I don't care for the series),,, FAIL :facepalm: Having Red instead of the PKMN Trainer... FAIL :facepalm: This is just a complete FAIL :facepalm:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
If Sakurai is going to make cuts, he's going to make cuts that make sense. Sakurai has yet to cut AN ENTIRE SERIES from the Smash, as Game and Wtach and ROB represent their own. If you're going to justify your cuts, at least have them make sense.
I guess I agree with the latter part, but I can't help but find this funny, since you cut the Mother series from your roster simply because you didn't care much about it.

----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom