• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
I really don't see any reason NOT to have Bomberman unless you prefer Snake (who honestly wasn't that exciting of a fighter)

Bomberman FTW!!!!!!!

Wow.... if THAT isn't some biased, close-minded, narrow way of thinking about third-party characters... I don't know what is... So you DO admit your favoritism of Bomberman (as opposed to your almost racially-esque discrimination of Pacman) is nothing more than a product of fanboyness?

Bomberman (again, as opposed to Pacman) is NOTHING SPECIAL. Get over it.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Kirby kinda proves that as long as something is cute we won't care what it does (killing tons of living beings because some one stole your cake :awesome: )
Well, since Kirby is pretty much a cannibal, does that make Meta Knight a Vegan? They are the same species, I'm pretty sure he could absorb enemies too if he wanted too, but he uses a sword. My guess is that's the Popstar puffball equivalent of vegans.

NEW SUBJECT: Does anyone else feel R.O.B. won't return due to low priority?
I think R.O.B. will return, he was a pretty loved character in Brawl, although some of the lesser players will go to state that he didn't deserve his spot. Not to mention for a Robot, he's got alot of personality. Smash needs more robots. :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Is he even the main character of the new games? Also I hear a lot of negative opinions on current CastleVania games.
It doesn't matter whether Simon is the main character of the new Castlevania games or not... he is the Marth of the Castlevania series... the one who started it all... just like how Marth isn't even the main character of Fire Emblem: Awakening... that would be Chrom and Lucina. Marth is an OPTIONAL downloadable character in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. If you're interested in femfatals and strip teases, she'll please you just fine
Grusome deaths a major major turn-off for me. I was originally interested in it because of Nintendo getting Bayonetta 2 exclusivly and I never heard of the game series before. But I'm really not a fan of grusome deaths and the like. x_x

CalumG

Smash Lord
In regards to R.O.B., I'd say he's pretty much definitely returning. To quote what I said in another thread:

He's one of the most important assets to Nintendo's history, is a single rep, and doesn't have others competing for his spot. By contrast, Ike and Lucario have newer more popular reps of their own franchises competing, and Toon Link/Wolf could easily be removed from the roster and still leave Zelda and Star Fox with decent representation. You remove Toon Link, Zelda is still being represented nicely - you remove R.O.B., and any representation he brought to the table is completely gone. As for Snake, I suppose people assuming he'll be removed assume so based on his lack of importance to Nintendo and the fact that there's no guarantee Third-Parties will stay for more than one game (putting Sonic at risk too, though perhaps somewhat less since he's gone Nintendo-exclusive for the next 2 years).

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Wow.... if THAT isn't some biased, close-minded, narrow way of thinking about third-party characters... I don't know what is... So you DO admit your favoritism of Bomberman (as opposed to your almost racially-esque discrimination of Pacman) is nothing more than a product of fanboyness?

Funny you mention race. This gonna turn into a "you only like ____ 'cuz he's white!" argument?
Please leave that irrelevant topic alone or just drop it all together. We're talking video games, not politics.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Funny you mention race. This gonna turn into a "you only like ____ 'cuz he's white!" argument?
Please leave that irrelevant topic alone or just drop it all together. We're talking video games, not politics.
THERE'S ONLY ROOM FOR ONE TOKEN YELLOW CHARACTER IN SMASH AND THAT'S PIKACHU!!!!!

TheDivineDeity

L........O...............L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (L........O...............L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT THIS LOL..... :facepalm: ) You are digging a whole so deep it's going through the earth's surface. You claim Bomberman's legacy is ****ty where as Pac-Man's ENTIRE legacy is based off one Arcade game from the 80's. Then you claim he has no moves. I don't remember that. I only said his moveset wouldn't be as special as YOU, and ONLY YOU, make it out to be.

• Ability to Throw, kick, grow, and spawn Bombs as well as different types of Bombs & items from various installments including mines, Ice Bombs, Rubber Bombs, Poison Bomb, Thunder Bomb. (theres a whole list of Bombs, Power Ups, and Items on Bomberman Wiki.) OK.
  • He has other tools such as a Rocket, Helicopter, Jetpack, Sword, a frikin Blaster. Uh huh, OK, I get it.
  • Louie, his rabbit that he rides. I said I get the point, which had nothing to do with mine.
  • Boxing Gloves which would be great for Smash Attacks I SAID I get it! Enough!
  • The Guardian Armor makes a great Final Smash OK I GET IT ALREADY!!! :urg:
YOU'RE COMPARING THIS TO A GUY WHO EATS TIC-TACS! If Sakurai can make a moveset out of ROB, Ice Climbers, and GAME AND WATCH, then he can easily model a moveset perfectly for Pacman. It isn't difficult to work with. Go look up Pacman's support thread if your not sure.

If ANYTHING you are 100% Anti-Bomberman. The only thing 100% Anti-Something here is YOU - 100% ANTI-PACMAN!!! :glare: Besides, I don't have a problem with Bomberman, I just. don't. care. about. him. His fan base is WAY bigger than you think. Evidence... of course not. And since when did the character "Pac-Man" have a fan base. Google it. I know his game probably does, but i'm not aware of a very big Pac-Man fan base outside of Super Smash Brothers. Also I'm not ignoring Pac-Man's pros, if anything I acknowledge them. That is a lie. They're just simply not as great in number or great as Bomberman's. LMAOLOLOLOLOLOLMAO!!! :laugh:

:joyful:
(It's also worth mentioning that the Bomberman series has a bigger variety of characters, Music and content to offer.)
Only in as much as any other video game.

Why do you have SUCH A PROBLEM with the inclusion of the legendary Pacman? I wouldn't really mind Bomberman, but we first need Pacman to show up. It's like if Dixie Kong shows up before King K Rool, or if Dark Samu or Anthony Higgs show up before Ridley. There is a line video game characters have to wait in before they get into Smash, and, if anything, Pacman has higher priority than Bomberman.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack..... ;)

Oh, that's logical. You don't really predict Meta Knight OR Pac-Man. You're just a fanboy because you like them. Anybody can agree your the most biased person on here and that statement proves it. What a desperate attempt to make Bomberman sound stupid with no evidence just to make Pac-Man sound better. Saying Bomberman has LITERALLY nothing when we've all prove you wrong on that shows just how incredibly biased Pac-Man fan you really are. I guess if I don't want one of your characters I'll just ignore all your reasons and say it's because you like that character and you're a fanboy. What a great excuse. :psycho:

Besides what gave you the idea R.O.B. would be low priority?
Mostly because Sakurai said cuts may happen and it seems most Brawl characters are more preffered and he's not really from a Video Game. I'm not a R.O.B. hater, I'm just skeptical of his return,

Smash needs more robots. :p

TheDivineDeity

I'm not bringing race into the discussion, nor do I want to... I'm pure white-bread Americana... I'm just saying Noah's anti-Pacman views are borderline with discrimination, or at least close enough.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

Why do you have SUCH A PROBLEM with the inclusion of the legendary Pacman? I wouldn't really mind Bomberman, but we first need Pacman to show up. It's like if Dixie Kong shows up before King K Rool, or if Dark Samu or Anthony Higgs show up before Ridley. There is a line video game characters have to wait in before they get into Smash, and, if anything, Pacman has higher priority than Bomberman.
are you arguing with Noah? yeah you may as well just stop now. he won't back down on Bomberman and will continually insist that he is the best character ever created

Reznor

work in progress
Well, since Kirby is pretty much a cannibal, does that make Meta Knight a Vegan? They are the same species, I'm pretty sure he could absorb enemies too if he wanted too, but he uses a sword. My guess is that's the Popstar puffball equivalent of vegans.

I think R.O.B. will return, he was a pretty loved character in Brawl, although some of the lesser players will go to state that he didn't deserve his spot. Not to mention for a Robot, he's got alot of personality. Smash needs more robots. :p
I haven't played Kirby in forever do we ever see MetaKnight eat anything
if MK doesn't need to eat than Kirby doesn't need to eat he just does it for fun (kirby you sick son of a gun)

Khoru

Smash Champion
noah. you're biased towards bomberman. double d. you're biased towards pac-man.
is bias a bad thing? not specifically.
it's just that neither of you are acknowledging it

CalumG

Smash Lord
are you arguing with Noah? yeah you may as well just stop now. he won't back down on Bomberman and will continually insist that he is the best character ever created
Don't try breaking it up, DivineDeity versus Noah may be the most entertainment I've gotten out of Smashboards in a long time. It's the forum equivalent of watching two homeless people fight over a crack rock. :troll:

TheDivineDeity

Somebody needs to remind Noah to wake up and smell his own bull****... because it smells bad... I'm going to at least try.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I agree with you... but Dixie Kong is not a good example... she was planned to be in Brawl before King K. Rool.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

If Pac-Man is such a better fighter than Bomberman why have you suggested no moves and compare him to characters who had to have moves made up for them?

Also you given no reasons that Pac-Man is higher than Bomberman other than 1 single Arcade game. Why don't you post some actual proof like I did. His games, their sucess, what moves he has and what makes them better, and maybe polls that show the character "Pac-Man" is more beloved then the character "Bomberman" So far you've done nothin but ignore everything I say, contradict it without proof, or just say I'm Anti-whatever character I don't agree with. You just continue to believe Pac-Man is the best thing since Jesus Christ.

DivineDeity Logic: If you don't agree with my character that means you're 100% against it no matter what, even if I give no decent support to back up my character. Anything that discredits my character in the slightest is biased and untrue.

Everybody has supported Pac-Man with stuff I agree with completely. You on the other hand just say Pac-Man is the best and Bomberman is the devil with nothing to back it up. You can't say something is true or untrue and not give evidence why.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I'm not bringing race into the discussion, nor do I want to... I'm pure white-bread Americana... I'm just saying Noah's anti-Pacman views are borderline with discrimination, or at least close enough.
Haha, and yours aren't? Saying Bomberman holds nothing to the table, that's obvious bias twards him. Also, why would I care what race you are or where you're born? Racist topics now adays are solely political based. If you haven't noticed, there's politicians of every race, and where your born has nothing to do with your behavior but who and what you encounter and how you choose to interpret it (sociology obsession finally pays off :D)
Please, allow this to be the last racy comment between us. The topic really has no place here.

TheDivineDeity

Also you given no reasons that Pac-Man is higher than Bomberman other than 1 single Arcade game. Why don't you post some actual proof like I did. His games, their sucess, what moves he has and what makes them better, and maybe polls that show the character "Pac-Man" is more beloved then the character "Bomberman" So far you've done nothin but ignore everything I say, contradict it without proof, or just say I'm Anti-whatever character I don't agree with. You just continue to believe Pac-Man is the best thing since Jesus Christ.
From Wikipedia:

The character has appeared in more than 30 officially licensed game spin-offs,[17] as well as in numerous unauthorized clones and bootlegs.[18] According to the Davie-Bowie Index, Pac-Man has the highest Brand awareness of any video game character among American consumers, recognized by 94 percent of them.[19] Pac-Man is one of the longest running video game franchises from the golden age of video game arcades. It is part of the collection of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C.[20] and of New York's Museum of Modern Art[21]

There is his legacy, and more.

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/pac-mans-amazing-full-colour-fan-club-now-with-arguments.324354/

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
From Wikipedia:

The character has appeared in more than 30 officially licensed game spin-offs,[17] as well as in numerous unauthorized clones and bootlegs.[18] According to the Davie-Brown Index, Pac-Man has the highest brand awareness of any video game character among American consumers, recognized by 94 percent of them.[19] Pac-Man is one of the longest running video game franchises from the golden age of video arcade games. It is part of the collection of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C.[20] and of New York's Museum of Modern Art.[21]

Bomberman has more than half that amount of games actually. The rest of this applies to the one arcade game that made him this popular. I've never said people don't recognize Pac-Man or that he's not popular, but he's not as popular as a modern character as he is popular as a classic character.

Even so this still comes down to which character Sakurai thinks has the most potential (as was the huge influence for Mega Man.)

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
From Wikipedia:

The character has appeared in more than 30 officially licensed game spin-offs,[17] as well as in numerous unauthorized clones and bootlegs.[18] According to the Davie-Brown Index, Pac-Man has the highest brand awareness of any video game character among American consumers, recognized by 94 percent of them.[19] Pac-Man is one of the longest running video game franchises from the golden age of video arcade games. It is part of the collection of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C.[20] and of New York's Museum of Modern Art.[21]

Yes, but you forget, Smash Bros is Japanese, not American

TheDivineDeity

Bomberman has more than half that amount of games actually. The rest of this applies to the one arcade game that made him this popular. I've never said people don't recognize Pac-Man or that he's not popular, but he's not as popular as a modern character as he is popular as a classic character.

Even so this still comes down to which character Sakurai thinks has the most potential (as was the huge influence for Mega Man.)
By that logic, Game and Watch and ROB have NO PLACE in Smash... Sakurai is Sakurai, anyways. If the Wii Fit Trainer can join the Smash, so can anybody else. It's Sakurai's decision.

I've posted the link to Pacman's support thread, so if you want to see his moveset, well, there it is:

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/pac-mans-amazing-full-colour-fan-club-now-with-arguments.324354/

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
That's more of a replicated cyborg than a full-on robot like R.O.B., but I guess it's good enough. I'm thinking more of Ray 01.

I haven't played Kirby in forever do we ever see MetaKnight eat anything
if MK doesn't need to eat than Kirby doesn't need to eat he just does it for fun (kirby you sick son of a gun)
Well, he can eat food in Brawl (Through his mask :p) so I guess he can. In the actual series, no, we never see him eat. The most we see him is reading a book in full armor...

Because the law in Dreamland is that you must wear armor in order to read books...it makes you look...dignified.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I prefer Simon Belmont.

It would be almost TOO convenient for Simon to be the next 3rd party Newcomer... On the same game as Mega Man and Pit? Yeah, most likely not happening on this universe... but I would be mindblown if he was included.

Bomberman:... eh, not a big fan of him as a character, but his games are fun in multiplayer.
Snake:... No comment.
Pac Man: I don't have anything against him. His upcoming game looks charming and fun, might get it too. But as a SSB character... He's in between my Top 20's<>30's most wanted. So yeah, not very high.

I wonder what ever happened to the popularity of Goemon. Never played much of his games, but Goemon's Mystical Quest on N64 looked insane.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
By that logic, Game and Watch and ROB have NO PLACE in Smash... Sakurai is Sakurai, anyways. If the Wii Fit Trainer can join the Smash, so can anybody else. It's Sakurai's decision.
I'm talking about third-parties. Wii Fit Trainer and R.O.B. don't change the fact that Bomberman has more move set potential. Just because Pac-Man HAS move set potential doesn't mean it's better.

Also looks like we got another person who uses the addition of Wii Fit Trainer as an excuse to add literally anybody in smash.

Also G & W is a horrible example as he has MASSIV move set potential.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I prefer Simon Belmont.

It would be almost TOO convenient for Simon to be the next 3rd party Newcomer... On the same game as Mega Man and Pit? Yeah, most likely not happening on this universe... but I would be mindblown if he was included.
if only Captain N stood a good chance huh?

CalumG

Smash Lord
Not that I want to get involved because I love watching these two duke it out, but just to stir up some responses...

Overall sales of the Pac-Man franchise (on consoles only - not including arcade): 23.52 million
Overall sales of the Bomberman franchise: 8.80 million

It's also worth noting that for both of those franchises, over half of the sales came from before the sixth generation of consoles, i.e. before the N64, Saturn and Playstation comes out. Know what that means? Pac-Man has more sales, and any argument about Bomberman resonating more with 'modern gamers' is absolute nonsense. That being said, it suggests they're both retro franchises - or 'washed-up' franchises, if you're a glass-half-empty kind of guy.

Carry on folks.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Off the topic of DivineDeity's Bomberman Bias

R.O.B. isn't unlikley to return. I just feel he's not as likely as the reset of the veterans (with the exception of Snake maybe)

Not that I want to get involved because I love watching these two duke it out, but just to stir up some responses...

Overall sales of the Pac-Man franchise (on consoles only - not including arcade): 23.52 million
Overall sales of the Bomberman franchise: 8.80 million

It's also worth noting that for both of those franchises, over half of the sales came from before the sixth generation of consoles, i.e. before the N64, Saturn and Playstation comes out. Know what that means? Pac-Man has more sales, and any argument about Bomberman resonating more with 'modern gamers' is absolute nonsense. That being said, it suggests they're both retro franchises - or 'washed-up' franchises, if you're a glass-empty kind of guy.

Carry on folks.
Out of curiosity, where is the source of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom