• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Whoa. This thread got hostile pretty quickly. Glad it's over with for now.

Here's an interesting hypothetical. Say there is zero criteria that a 3rd-party has to be on a Nintendo console... Who would get in based on what they've pioneered in the gaming industry and how popular they are?

Yes, I'm legitimately asking what you guys would think about Cloud or Master Chief being characters. I support neither. Don't look at me in that tone of voice.
Personally Odd, but then again I really like cats (picture for you guys who don't know Code Lyoko [Season 5: Evolution outfit])

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

Here's an interesting hypothetical. Say there is zero criteria that a 3rd-party has to be on a Nintendo console... Who would get in based on what they've pioneered in the gaming industry and how popular they are?

Yes, I'm legitimately asking what you guys would think about Cloud or Master Chief being characters. I support neither. Don't look at me in that tone of voice.
i would say that both Cloud and Master Chief would def have their merits as gaming icons. ill also say that characters like Lara Croft, Scorpion and Pac-Man as well. at a certain point it wouldnt be correct to call it a Nintendo game :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Care to elaborate?
They both have a lot of interesting moves and both have lots to bring in terms of stages, music, items, etc.

I don't think they should get in, but I can see them bringing a lot, ya know?

CalumG

Smash Lord

So guise... I heard this guy is a pretty popular contender... all in agreement, right? RIGHT?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I think Ratchet and Clank would be decent choices. Sora would be awesome. (I know it's been on a Nintendo console, but still)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well... Bomberman has been playable in a SSB like game before.

Not only that, but Snake was playable there as well, and most of his Brawl moves come from that very same game as well.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

Not only that, but Snake was playable there as well, and most of his Brawl moves come from that very same game as well.
yeah i've played it. could have been better. funniest character to use was Megatron though cause i always laughed at how he turned into a gun... not a vehicle of any kind. a freakin gun.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
They both have a lot of interesting moves and both have lots to bring in terms of stages, music, items, etc.

I don't think they should get in, but I can see them bringing a lot, ya know?
Fair enough.
I think Ratchet and Clank would be decent choices. Sora would be awesome. (I know it's been on a Nintendo console, but still)
Sora I'm iffy about. I'd love Ratchet and Clank, though.

I'd really love to see the envelope pushed with Chell and Aperture technology as a moveset. The mobility... The edgeguarding... God, that'd be fun.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
yeah i've played it. could have been better. funniest character to use was Megatron though cause i always laughed at how he turned into a gun... not a vehicle of any kind. a freakin gun.
Yeah, pretty decent at best.

I loved playing as Master Higgins and Simon Belmont. Snake was kinda fun, Bomberman had its moments, lol.
I didn't know Megatron was playable. :O

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Optimus Prime fighting the Beyblade kid?

Holy ****!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I really don't see any reason NOT to have Bomberman unless you prefer Snake (who honestly wasn't that exciting of a fighter)

Bomberman FTW!!!!!!!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Fair enough.

Sora I'm iffy about. I'd love Ratchet and Clank, though.

I'd really love to see the envelope pushed with Chell and Aperture technology as a moveset. The mobility... The edgeguarding... God, that'd be fun.
Now you're thinking with portals!

Chell would be interesting, and despite being a realistic character, I can actually imagine her working sort of like Villager, using a bunch of objects and items from their series. That's only because Chell has never used a true weapon or fought directly though. But the fun you could have setting up portals everywhere...it be hard to use the portals and NOT make her broken. It'd be difficult for anyone to recover after getting knocked off in a fight with her.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Yeah, pretty decent at best.

I loved playing as Master Higgins and Simon Belmont. Snake was kinda fun, Bomberman had its moments, lol.
I didn't know Megatron was playable. :O
yeah he was an unlockable character. seriously the roster in that game was all over the place. i really think Konami/Hudson could have made a better roster without Takara Toys honeslty. with Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Frogger (cause why not), Bomberman etc could have made the game work alone.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
And you've got to love his codec calls in brawl *cough*Samus took her cloths off*cough*
To bad his spin off MGA is pretty much a ghost town when comparing to Big Boss and Raiden...

Nothing to cry over though really. At least MGS 1 & 4 were great, whereas Raiden got his own Devil May Cry game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Spyro the Purple Dragon? :awesome:
Too medium.

In all honesty, I actually would love the Legends version of Spyro, I preferred his design in that series, and his moveset would be fantastic. Using 4 different elements, he could use them for his specials, and his normal attacks too! The Eternal Night also had a great soundtrack.

I think he could bring a lot to Smash with his moves and former series.

Reznor

work in progress
I leave the thread for a short time and I come back to this Spyro and Chell talk :urg:
its about time

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Bomberman? Blah! Simon Belmont is where it's at!

All Bomberman does is throw bombs. All Simon does is throw axes, daggers, crosses, and holy water... and he can whip your ass!

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman

All Bomberman does is throw bombs. All Simon does is throw axes, daggers, crosses, and holy water... and he can whip your ***!
And Travis can kill Simon with Strawberry on the Shortcake, or just Ecstasy him to death. Your point?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

All Bomberman does is throw bombs. All Simon does is throw axes, daggers, crosses, and holy water... and he can whip your ***!
Bomberman has Mines, Blaster Guns, Rockets, Helicopter, Jetpack, Boxing Gloves, Swords, Rubber Bombs, Thunder Bombs, and the Guardian Armor. He can blow Simon's ass to the Void of space!

Reznor

work in progress

Bombs > every weapon Simon has :smirk:

I really want Dig Dug guy to be in game and he is a Namco character (Japanese its Namco but in NA its Atari)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom