• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Want to move the topic along? How about THIS?

Remember the same moron who made that Ridley is too big video? Well he actually responds to it in this video...and by GOD the logic is just as bad. No seriously, he thinks that because Ridley would have to be scaled to Samus, or at least he thinks he has to, that he can't work...yet all I have to do is mention the Melee intro and that logic's out the window.
Well Ridley SHOULD be bigger then Samus but then again bigger might as well count as one inch taller for all I care.

Reznor

work in progress
Want to move the topic along? How about THIS?

Remember the same moron who made that Ridley is too big video? Well he actually responds to it in this video...and by GOD the logic is just as bad. No seriously, he thinks that because Ridley would have to be scaled to Samus, or at least he thinks he has to, that he can't work...yet all I have to do is mention the Melee intro and that logic's out the window.
why does he not even come up with new reasons he just repeats the same god damn thing that people have proven him wrong on
why dies Smash bros have to follow "size canon" the smash canon is their ****ing dolls you can make a Ridley doll the same size as other dolls

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
why does he not even come up with new reasons he just repeats the same god damn thing that people have proven him wrong on
why dies Smash bros have to follow "size canon" the smash canon is their ****ing dolls you can make a Ridley doll the same size as other dolls
Well to be fair Ridley was downsized in Brawl JUST so he could be a boss lol. Going further is kinda pushing it. People say downsize him like it would be so easy, but it would look awkward aesthetically imo.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Well of course Mewtwo would have priority over Lucario, it's for the same reasons Lucario had priority over Mewtwo.
Of course thats your opinion and I'm not going to speak against it. But I'm sure people would mind if Lucario didn't return because of Genesect. So if Mewtwo is bigger priority than Lucario because of requests and the movie, shouldn't Genesect be?

Genesect's movie came out a whole year later. 5 months isn't even half a year, not to mention the extreme likeliness Pokemon Company would have given Sakurai info on Extreme Speed Genesect, maybe Sakurai wants to add Genesect because he feels he'll become popular among fans. Kind of like how he added Roy before release of his game.

Except Genesect isn't in Smash Brothers yet so... My point is that's a bad reason, anybody who appears in Brawl would become more popular than they were before. And your comparing Smash popularity to someone who's not a smash character.

But Mewtwo would mostly be considered the "star" of the movie (Even though in actuality it's really just Ash and Pikachu) especially since it takes the role of a protagonist in the film. Of course, but Genesect is a huge star in it too. But, we're not comparing him to Mewtwo.

Also why would the Pokemon company want to advertise something old? They would certainly want a generation 6 Pokemon in over any other gen (Except Gen 1, for obvious reasons). How is Genesect old? And this backfire on Lucario as well as several of your past statements? You said Mewtwo can represent Gen 6, and that there aren't currently any mascots for Gen 6, why do you care about what gen is represented if your for an all veteran roster?

This is despite the fact that we know how the characters for the franchises are decided now and the obvious is that Lucario and Jigglypuff will be lower priority in comparison to the other Pokemon characters. So......Lucarios isn't that prioritized? I'm not saying he isn't I'm just clarifying that you said that.

Anyway, Genesect is the best choice for a new Pokemon. I mean the only others we got were Sylveon, Kalos Trainer, and Zoroark (who is actually the worst of the bunch in my opinion.) Nobody seems to approve these ideas as much as Genesect, and Genesect actually gets a lot of Approval. And I'd prefer that you didn't claim Sakurai is okay with all veteran Pokemon as much as smash fans are, because we don't know that for sure.

And I'm not campaigning Lucario's removal, it's just A prediction of something that MAY happen.

When has Smash cared about canon anyway? Besides I don't see Newtwo getting is as a transformation, but as Newtwo. IE It will just end up being the Newtwo form playable so it can be considered a new character.
Well, that's what I did until seeing more footage of Extreme Speed Genesect. And regardless of canon, you're ignoring what Newtwo IS: a limited power up for Mewtwo that he doesn't use often. It would make as much sense as Sonic swapping between Super Sonic or Bowser swapping between Giga Bowser.

Newtwo doesn't switch back to Mewtwo unless he's been defeated or is no longer fighting.

Well to be fair Ridley was downsized in Brawl JUST so he could be a boss lol. Going further is kinda pushing it. People say downsize him like it would be so easy, but it would look awkward aesthetically imo.
How so?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley was scaled up in Brawl.

Not downsized.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Limitations on the Nes are really the only reason he was that size. That, and we can't just slap a sprite on Smash 4 and call it a day. Ridley it seems has been getting progressively bigger since then, and the creators obviously intended for to be large, so that's why I think it'd be weird downsizing him further imo.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I just realized how incredibly stupid 8-Bit Mario is. Same reason as Classic Link, why does he deserve an 8-Bit persona unlike any one else. Bleh, I feel so dirty for having him as an idea, blegh!

Limitations on the Nes are really the only reason he was that size.
Source?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
When has Smash cared about canon anyway? Besides I don't see Newtwo getting is as a transformation, but as Newtwo. IE It will just end up being the Newtwo form playable so it can be considered a new character.

Oh yes let's make his recovery worse then what it is! Absolutly briliant! :rolleyes:

Also I am very much against him using a sword for regular attacks, can't it jsut be asigned as a special move instead and work in a manner like Marth's Dancing Blade? His regular attacks should really just consist of punches and kicks imo.
Actually the recovery more would be better as it gives Ganon horizontal options as well as vertical. Also in the Zelda games Ganon uses his sword quite a bit when you fight him so I'd say its fair for some of his grounded normals to include the sword.

Reznor

work in progress
except we haven't seen a smaller Ridley (plyable size) so we can't say it would like wierd all we have is a hack and of course a hack will always look worse than the real thing

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
He doesn't need a source. There were hardware limitations on the NES, just like there were limitations on any console. Ridley was always intended to be big, it's just something that has to be universally accepted. I'm sure that downsizing him will be no problem. He can easily be the shape of Charizard, slightly larger. BUt using the NES era as a source, that's a no for me. Right now, I agree with what everything SilverJay had to say about Ridley. Would look a little weird and awkward if downsized, but still possible.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Ridley was scaled up in Brawl.

Not downsized.
And was the same size if not bigger in Other M, but I was referring to the transition from SSE to the actual Boss Battle.
I just realized how incredibly stupid 8-Bit Mario is. Same reason as Classic Link, why does he deserve an 8-Bit persona unlike any one else. Bleh, I feel so dirty for having him as an idea, blegh!

Source?
Seriously? Is the comparison of his design from that to Super Metroid not enough? But if you insist, I believe the Nes could only use 4 color palettes and have a 24x24 max sprite size limit.
EDIT: I am not against Ridley in any way, but I feel like it'd be too hard to implement him in the long run.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And was the same size if not bigger in Other M, but I was referring to the transition from SSE to the actual Boss Battle.
You mean the SSE cutscene to the boss battle in SSE?

Because if that's what you're talking about, cutscene Ridley is bigger the boss battle Ridley.

If that's not what you're talking about then whoops, my bad!

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Well, you could use the NES Ridley as an excuse to make him smaller, but this is what he looked like back then.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982

Why not throw in 8-bit Samus, 8-bit Kirby, or even 8-bit Pit. The possibilities are just ENDLESS!!!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
He doesn't need a source. There were hardware limitations on the NES, just like there were limitations on any console. Ridley was always intended to be big, it's just something that has to be universally accepted. I'm sure that downsizing him will be no problem. He can easily be the shape of Charizard, slightly larger. BUt using the NES era as a source, that's a no for me. Right now, I agree with what everything SilverJay had to say about Ridley. Would look a little weird and awkward if downsized, but still possible.
Yeah, I always agreed Ridley being downsized is awkward after Subspace Emissary.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Dang it, who brought up Ridley again? I swear, if I had to pick one character that was never discussed until the game(s) came out, it would be Ridley.

Well, you could use the NES Ridley as an excuse to make him smaller, but this is what he looked like back then.

Bad Concept Art Ridley for Smash4!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Who played the Toon World card with Ridley? :troll:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So if Mewtwo is bigger priority than Lucario because of requests and the movie, shouldn't Genesect be?
No because MEWTWO is the priority character here. NOT Genesect.

5 months isn't even half a year, not to mention the extreme likeliness Pokemon Company would have given Sakurai info on Extreme Speed Genesect, maybe Sakurai wants to add Genesect because he feels he'll become popular among fans. Kind of like how he added Roy before release of his game.
>5 Months
Smash began development after Kid Icarus's completion (late March / early April of last year), more than a year ago. Extreme Speed Genesect was just released half a month ago.
>Roy argument
Roy was added specifically because his sword could spew fire. Sure, he had a game coming out but that wasn't why he was added in over other potential clone characters (it added to it, but still).

Also, how Roy is suppose to be supporting your claim, I don't understand. You trying to grab some straws here?
My point is that's a bad reason, anybody who appears in Brawl would become more popular than they were before. And your comparing Smash popularity to someone who's not a smash character.
Except it's a good reason for somebody who was in a Smash Brothers. I'm arguing why Lucario would make it in over Genesect and the fact is there. It's popularity is also based off of it's appearance in Brawl, which adds to it over other Pokemon. It's fair game, especially because you're suggesting that Genesect is such a popular Pokemon.

I'm just telling you it doesn't rival Lucario in the slightest.
Of course, but Genesect is a huge star in it too. But, we're not comparing him to Mewtwo.
But you're missing the point here. Mewtwo would get priority over Genesect for so many more reasons. That being said, why is Genesect so important? It has a movie right now, so what? What makes it so significant in the games?
As God Robert's Cousin said.
The one other thing, we should all remember, is that Genesect will no longer be the most recent news when Pokemon X&Y are out. As hard as it is to believe, Generation 6 is going live in less than 3 months. We'll be well under the way of everything Kalos has to offer. Meanwhile, Smash Bros. is going to be out next year... Why would they add Genesect, exactly, when Mewtwo is both already popular, already a veteran, and the flavor of the month?

Furthermore, if the movies, Genesect's current highpoint, really mattered as much as they do, why haven't we gotten Meowth, the second most recurrent Pokemon in the animel? He was revealed as a Pokeball Pokemon relatively early in Brawl. Surely if the non-video game Pokemon merchandise had any value to Sakurai, we would have gotten someone actually related to the anime. It's why we got Red rather than Ash, despite the latter being much more well known.

So knowing that, let's completely ignore the show/movies for a moment... What does Genesect have that warrants him being in a Smash Bros. game a full generation after his debut?
How is Genesect old? And this backfire on Lucario as well as several of your past statements? You said Mewtwo can represent Gen 6, and that there aren't currently any mascots for Gen 6, why do you care about what gen is represented if your for an all veteran roster?
Genesect will be old news by the time X and Y come out.
Lucario is still a relevant and popular Pokemon.
I haven't said anything about "Mascots" for generation 6. The Mascots for Generation 6 are the two legendary Pokemon revealed with the games' announcement.

Because an all veteran selection of Pokemon characters is the most likely situation and the BEST situation for practically everybody. Except. For. You.

So......Lucarios isn't that prioritized? I'm not saying he isn't I'm just clarifying that you said that.
I don't know Noah, is Lucario currently in a position to where we call him very very relevant?
Lucario's case is similar to Mewtwo's back in Brawl (Very ironic if you think about).
Anyway, Genesect is the best choice for a new Pokemon. I mean the only others we got were Sylveon, Kalos Trainer, and Zoroark (who is actually the worst of the bunch in my opinion.) Nobody seems to approve these ideas as much as Genesect, and Genesect actually gets a lot of Approval.
I'm not even going to touch the sheer bias you have here.
And I'd prefer that you didn't claim Sakurai is okay with all veteran Pokemon as much as smash fans are, because we don't know that for sure.
I'd prefer it if you'd stop claiming that he wouldn't be giving Pokemon "enough love" if the franchise ended up having what practically everybody wants.
And I'm not campaigning Lucario's removal, it's just A prediction of something that MAY happen.
Oh, it's something that could very well happen. Just not for Genesect because it suddenly became your number 1 top obvious decision for Pokemon.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I was summoned here by AEM when he quoted my post.

Noah has suddenly jumped the Genesect bandwagon? Why? I mean, the timing of how he's now supporting Genesect when the discussion has pretty much just dismissed Genesect? A majority now agree that Genesect isn't warranted, yet he's being the one to say it is, after the fact.

0/10 Noah, troll more.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
she got in over mewtwo :awesome:
Mewtwo was meant to be in both Brawl and the original Smash Bros. Complications caused him to be cut in both.

EDIT: On a side note, Melee will be the last we see of him and the next game will likely (if it does include Mewtwo) will be the first we see of her and her Awakened forme (if you guys didn't know the Mewtwo with alternate forme is a different Mewtwo altogether with insane speed but weak on power and a girl, I'm sorry for spoiling the surprise for you)

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
I was summoned here by AEM when he quoted my post.

Noah has suddenly jumped the Genesect bandwagon? Why? I mean, the timing of how he's now supporting Genesect when the discussion has pretty much just dismissed Genesect? A majority now agree that Genesect isn't warranted, yet he's being the one to say it is, after the fact.

0/10 Noah, troll more.
I was one of the first on the Genesect bandwagon but, if memory serves me right, we reached a rather pleasant agreement. While I share some of Noah's ideas, his approach is errr.... his own. If anything, he reminds of militant atheists: I share their ideals, but not their rampant desire to shout and mock the opposition.

And to Noah: My intent here is not to bash, but to offer an outside view to how these discussions usually go.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't see why people think Lucario is the most likely character to be cut. At the very least I think Lucario is safer than Ike. At least there is no other prominent Pokemon that could do the same things as Lucario that is being promoted right now, whereas Chrom could feasibly take Ike's moveset.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I was one of the first on the Genesect bandwagon but, if memory serves me right, we reached a rather pleasant agreement. While I share some of Noah's ideas, his approach is errr.... his own. If anything, he reminds of militant atheists: I share their ideals, but not their rampant desire to shout and mock the opposition.
Genesect sadly plays the same role as Giovanni and that one guy from the Celibi movie who caught it and turned it into a dark pokemon. It merely plays the role of the villain, but isn't really the advocate for the movie. Mewtwo was one of the rare characters that can either be seen as manipulated into doing evil by witnessing it itself or a villain of its own movie. Regardless, Genesect makes more sense as merely a group (more than one in the movie) who plays the role of villain rather than to heavily promote the Pokémon's popularity, like Tyranitar who has been very overused in every movie since creation in Jhoto.

Also, silly kitty. Mentioning belief systems on a gamer website? lol to you sir, just lol (not to say I don't agree with you as I'm an atheist myself and don't agree with militant atheism either).

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Genesect sadly plays the same role as Giovanni and that one guy from the Celibi movie who caught it and turned it into a dark pokemon. It merely plays the role of the villain, but isn't really the advocate for the movie. Mewtwo was one of the rare characters that can either be seen as manipulated into doing evil by witnessing it itself or a villain of its own movie. Regardless, Genesect makes more sense as merely a group (more than one in the movie) who plays the role of villain rather than to heavily promote the Pokémon's popularity, like Tyranitar who has been very overused in every movie since creation in Jhoto.

Also, silly kitty. Mentioning belief systems on a gamer website? lol to you sir, just lol (not to say I don't agree with you as I'm an atheist myself and don't agree with militant atheism either).
Whatever role he plays in the movies is irrelevant. Mewtwo was angry and aggresive in Melee because the pokedex entries indicate that it is the pokemon with the most savage attitude. In the games, Genesect was created by Team Plasma and it is under their command, unlike Mewtwo who escaped and just hid in a cave.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I had a dream that Sonic was revealed... :(
Me too for Lucario, actually. I dreamed that I was in the future and have seen SSB4 playing on my HDTV with every unlockable characters unlocked, I saw Lucario fighting with others (some random fighters I haven't checked who exactly are they, yet). "SPOILERS!" I thought, I looked away from my HDTV and was glad to know Lucario made it to SSB4.

Of course, I would be very glad when my dream come true in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom