• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Lucario and Mewtwo are clones about as much as Link and Ike are clones. I don't think Nintendo need to actively go out of their way just so that morons won't complain about the so-called similarities of Mewtwo and Lucario.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
so assuming we will get lucario and mewtwo on the same roster how are they going to be distinguished as two different characters. i mean its not much but you know people will call lucario a clone even if his only similar move is aura sphere.
I personally think it might be a good idea to change mewtwo's neutral B from Shadow Ball and let Lucario keep his aura sphere but Mewtwo probably needs ALL of his specials other then maybe Teleport changed/buffed any way

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Sorry, what I meant is that all that material has no relevance in-game. Like, those backstories will not decide how each pokemon acts within Smash Bros. But yeah, I knew that it impacts inclusion decision.
Well again, it kinda has relevance to their in-game portrayals. I say this often, but what do the Pokemon sound like? Not their Pokedex cries, but their anime voices. Even Pokemon Trainer (an obvious nod to Red) actually sounds like Ash.

On the subject of Lucario and Mewtwo being in the game, I believe Mewtwo should stay pretty similar to his Melee counterpart (with obvious tweaks to how his moves react, timing, hot boxes and all that). Lucario should be changed a lot. He's a Steel/Fighting type, but he just feels like another Psychic Pokemon. He should have a more gritty and rough feel to his moves, less to do with the Aura garbage (still keep Aura Sphere, however, since it's a signature). As well as make him less floaty too. All those traits he currently has make him seem like another Mewtwo-esque Pokemon.

ThatPersonGuy

Smash Cadet
Popularity is popularity, regardless of how it is obtained. Really, unless they're popular because they appeared in an erotic video on Youtube, I think Sakurai will take note of it. How much popularity affects characters though is rather overestimated. Popularity will get their character on the map, that's really it. Later on, if their popularity is REALLY big and they have some merit on their own, their popularity can get them noted by other regions, who may in turn support the character, as in the case of Little Mac and our Eastern Smash friends. Finally, if their popularity is enormous (In a category of their own, as Sakurai puts it) Sakurai could take notice and, if they are eligible and have some personal merit, put the character in the game (In the case of Sonic and Megaman).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well again, it kinda has relevance to their in-game portrayals. I say this often, but what do the Pokemon sound like? Not their Pokedex cries, but their anime voices. Even Pokemon Trainer (an obvious nod to Red) actually sounds like Ash.

On the subject of Lucario and Mewtwo being in the game, I believe Mewtwo should stay pretty similar to his Melee counterpart (with obvious tweaks to how his moves react, timing, hot boxes and all that). Lucario should be changed a lot. He's a Steel/Fighting type, but he just feels like another Psychic Pokemon. He should have a more gritty and rough feel to his moves, less to do with the Aura garbage (still keep Aura Sphere, however, since it's a signature). As well as make him less floaty too. All those traits make him seem like another Mewtwo-esque Pokemon.

If he's a STEEL type... shouldn't he have had Metal Box physics? Imagine a default Metal character, would've been awesome. That would have at least made me interested in Lucario Smash Bros. wise.
I agree with you that he felt like another Psychic character. Anything but steel and fighting (he did have fighting poses at least).

Anyway...we still on about Pokemon representation? At least Pokemon is one recurring discussion I don't mind taking part in.:pt:

Bajef8

Smash Ace
That'd be interesting for sure, but I wouldn't really apply that to his weight physics. It would bog him down and turn him into some power character (since in Sakurai's mind, slow goes with power) when he shouldn't be one in my opinion. More or less just more umph to some of his physical hits.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
oh yea its finally done my roster and here it is

first why are there multiple characters in boxes
that would be because it means one or more of those guys could get in and one of characters in those boxes or none or 2 of them
and to do the order of likely hood on each one top most likely bottom least likely

Waluigi/bowser jr/toad

bowser jr
none
waluigi
toad

genesect/lucario/zoroark

lucario (we could be wrong about his exclusion is why hes at the top)
genesect
zoroark

snake/bomberman/pacman/travis

snake
pacman
travis
bomberman

pacman/travis/bomber/other 3rd party

none
pacman
travis
bomberman
other 3rd party

shulk/takamaru

takamaru
both
shulk

samus/zero suit samus

both

chrom/ike

both
chrom
ike

now that's over with now the explamations on each one colors by catergories below

white above me
Green smash 64 characters
blue melee characters (including mewtwo)
Purple brawl characters
yellow newcomers
cyran 3rd party characters

(ps for why single reps are likely to stay look at post 47 in this http://smashboards.com/threads/gamesradars-who-should-be-cut-for-ssb4-hilarious.339240/page-2)

Mario
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Donkey kong
Link
Yoshi
these 8 made all 3 starters in all 3 would not be surprised at all if they all 8 made 4

Captain falcon:extremely popular made all 3 super smash bros even though his series is done probably

Luigi: the brother of the most known character Mario and made all 3 (ps possible he will get his vacuum from luigis mansion just like Mario with the fluud)

Ness: made all 3 games and has a new adventure coming out to the 3ds

jigglypuff: made all 3 and can present for generation 6 because of being one of the new fairy types

Marth: was in melee and made all 3 and theres a new fire emblem game for the 3ds witch is indeed very popular

Ice Climber: came from melee single reps are likely to stay and can be nerfed (remember the 2 together can form an infinite combo witch there's not suppose to be)

Bowser: main villain of Mario and was in melee and plus now he can stand

Peach: very popular was in melee and princess of mario

Zelda/Shiek: was in melee princess of twilight and as for shiek this is her disguise form so this form is fine

Falco: was in melee partner of fox and can be decloned even more (brawl he still slightly clone)

Ganondorf: main villain of link was in melee can be decloned even more (sitll a lot of captain falcon like moves)

Mr game and watch: was in melee single reps are likely to stay and unique and his games are indeed on the 3ds

Mewtwo: theres so much evidence its like hes at 100% possible the most popular pokemon the biggest con of brawl (being kicked from brawl) on the e3 someone asked about mewtwo and sakurai blabbermouth that they are considering him was in melee can present for generation 6 because of his new form and a new movie is out and he fits the bill according to the blog about sakurai talking about how pokemon are chosen for super smash bros series

(ps as for the form will it be final smash or down B I don't know we will definatly get the classic mewtwo body as default because he does not stay in the new form for very long he sticks with his original form most of the time according to saturngamer64 atleast I think that's his name)

Pit: very popular in brawl got a new game for the 3ds as a matter of fact the development of smash 4 began right after this game got finished

Meta knight: he can be nerfed and he is the most popular Kirby character

King dedede: highly requested character for brawl and got in and plus hes the main villain (well kindof)

R.O.B: loved unique single reps likely to stay and it was sakurais idea to add him no fan asked for ROB and hes very veyr popular

Diddy kong: hes donkey kongs best buddy in the donkey kong country seires and very very very popular

Olimar: very requested for brawl and got in and plus he has a new adventure coming out for the wii u pikmin 3

Lucario: we could be wrong about lucario getting kicked (remember we all thought ness was going to get kicked because of lucas and we thought the ice climbers were going to be out as well but we were wrong)

Wario: he was the most requested character for brawl and got in and iis the main rival of Mario (warios more of a rival than a villain in the Mario series and yes he has ben a villain in some Mario games but can you name alot)

Pkmn trainer: same as lucario and that charizard was a requested character so we kindof got him as a playable with the acception of ivysaur and squirtle

Wolf: again same as lucario and plus hes foxes main rival and only 3 moves matches foxes side B down B and final smash up B is not the same its not fire and he kicks at the end but kindof the same

Ike for the forth time same as lucario and pretty popular accually

Ridley: (first I don't wan't to hear you skeptical people) ok ridley is the most requested newcomer for super smash bros his size is no problem since him and several other characters have ben resized bowser ben more resized than ridley as a matter of fact he was made the size of ridley thrice (Mario 64 Mario sunshine and both Mario galaxies)
and he can get a good move set for skepticals you just suck at making moveset
and for he was a boss in brawl well correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure in melee bowser was the final boss in adventure mode
he was first place on the voting on some site about who would be the most wanted newcomer I forgot witch site it was though
oh and of coarse Metroid needs another rep

King K rool: the main villain of donkey kong country (and no skeptical people about not being in donkey kong country returns) his latest apearance was in Mario sluggers and is the SECOND most request Nintendo Character everyone wants a villain in the rep packages

Little Mac:very heavy with the request and for people worried about him not being able to kick there are a few characters in smash brothers who does not kick either or only has 1 to 3 kicks Marth and bowser and melees mewtwo are examples of this
and the Arena stage in super smash bros wii u hints little mac because its confirmed as a boxing ring because of the cord amount wrestling rings have 3 cords but boxing has 4 look at the stage and you will see 4 cord on each side

Villager: very requested and also sakurai desided to say the villager was meant for brawl witch makes sense since theres an animal crossing stage in brawl

wii fit trainer: no comment just an unexpected character

Genesect: this 5th gen pokemon is the most likely newcomer pokemon at this point right now he got popular because of a Wi-Fi event on black and white 2s release date and that hes in the new movie with mewtwo that I mentioned people (for skeptical people your not allowed to say only mewtwo can get in because of mewtwo being the star of that movie both can get in due to being rivals to each other and genesect is the main villain of that movie and turn to the light side just like with mewtwo in the first ever pokemon movie)
and he can ideed have unique moveset im pretty close to making one actually and I have backups for specials just in case it can't be the moves from the movie genesect

Zoroark:only here because everyone just predicted him just like that when ssb wii u was announced due to his movie but unlikely due to the movie being 2 years ago and not as popular as before

Waluigi: was an assist trophy in brawl just like with mario and wario rivalry there's the luigi and waluigi rivalry but unlikely due to never apearing without wario except one tennis game for the gba so if wario gets in thats the only way he will have a chance

bowser jr: just like with donkey kong and diddy kong how about bowser and bowser jr and he was very requested for brawl but failed but he has a good chance this time due to request and does ideed has games without bowser

toad: well he was in every single mario game in existiance (for skeptical not allowed to say hes a species well correct if im wrong but im pretty sure Pikachu and jigglypuff in pokemon and R.O.B in subspace emissary have a species) and is very very well requested

Takamaru: well I don't know but its likely because that would be a second party character due to having the characteristics of for brawl and does have a popular japan exclusive game and his game was in the Nintendo land game for the wii u (that ninja star game that's takamarus game)

Shulk:just very requested by fan because of xenoblade characters being possible and is not a 3rd party character
(i would get alittle more indef about takamaru and shulk but I don't know much about them)

Chrom: hes a main character of the latest fire emblem game for the 3ds and is extremely popular did reach the 80% chance barrier because of request popularity and in the latest fire emblem

Palutena: this is the most likly pit character so far due to her potentials for a character and very very requested and can have a moveset please not a clone of pit (and for skepticals not allowed to say but shes involved of pits final smash pit can get a different final smash plain and simple as a matter fact im pretty sure theres a bunch of possible final smashes in the 3ds game

Snake: well he could be kicked but for the fifth time same as lucario and plus the reason he got in brawl is because Hideo Kojima witch is friends with sakurai asked him to add snake to the series and he said yes and this was during the development of melee but that was too close to completion so he promised him in brawl so he got announce in the trailer just to reveal third partie characters he could stay because Hideo Kojima might want him in again

Sonic: hes was the most requested character for not just brawl but the whole entire series and if you done some reading look at this for people who have not seen this news before witch it was before http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-says-its-nintendo/ this and that sonic is in a series with Mario and Olympics series and that's the most national sports in the whole world and sega and Nintendo have a pretty strong bond for eachother and sakurai currently said no one got kicked yet

Travis touchdown: I swear I did not want to add him but its just this Sudo51 wants this guy in smash bros and this is exactly how snake got in except by someone else Sudo51 stated he would love to see travis touchdown in super smash bros and this was definatly before the development of smash bros wii u/3ds began and also if you looked carefully in the credits in subspace emissary in super smash bros brawl you will see the word sudo51 so he oviously met sakurai and are they friends I don't know but if they are it could be snake all over again
(and for skeptical hes way to violent and swearing a lot one problem with that sudo51 is the creator of that seires so clearly if he does get in sudo51 will clearly figure out how to tone down his violent and for swearing you idiots none of the characters in brawl in the talking taunt none of them get above 5 words so easly make a sentence that does not have a bad word)

and again im sorry about adding him but its just how likely he is as long as sudo51 and sakurai are not friends its not very possible at all I mean his series is not very popular

Bomberman:the bad news is Hudson is dead and the 3ds game that was suppose to come out got canceled so that's a wave goodbye to his chances but still possible due to being taken by konami and that's the company that owns metal gear and that's snakes series but still extremely unlikely due to the death of Hudson only reason possible made lots of Nintendo console games

Pacman: well Namco is helping sakurai with number 4 that's why its getting released in 2014 because its clearly going to be quicker to get ready but not likely because Namco does not care about any of they're character in the series but the only way pacman can get in is if sakurai asks Namco if he can present pacman oh yea one more thing pacman does have a new adventure coming out for the wii u

and finally a random 3rd party: you got one thats likely let me know

well that's it that's my prediction and sorry about the picture size I just wanted everyone to see the names of the characters

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Well, Mewtwo can learn Aura Sphere too, but that's beside the point...

Lucario really is floaty, perhaps making his fall rate a little faster could solve some of it?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
On the topic of Lucario and Mewtwo,
I would much prefer it if they changed up basically most of Lucario's moveset and make him more like an actual fighting type Pokemon rather than being a Psychic type-like fighter.

That being said, he should be a lot less floaty and quicker on his feet.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
oh yea its finally done my roster and here it is
Travis touchdown: I swear I did not want to add him but its just this Sudo51 wants this guy in smash bros and this is exactly how snake got in except by someone else Sudo51 stated he would love to see travis touchdown in super smash bros and this was definatly before the development of smash bros wii u/3ds began and also if you looked carefully in the credits in subspace emissary in super smash bros brawl you will see the word sudo51 so he oviously met sakurai and are they friends I don't know but if they are it could be snake all over again
(and for skeptical hes way to violent and swearing a lot one problem with that sudo51 is the creator of that seires so clearly if he does get in sudo51 will clearly figure out how to tone down his violent and for swearing you idiots none of the characters in brawl in the talking taunt none of them get above 5 words so easly make a sentence that does not have a bad word)

and again im sorry about adding him but its just how likely he is as long as sudo51 and sakurai are not friends its not very possible at all

Whoof, hefty post there, good sir. I've just quoted a bit though--

I do think that incorporating Travis in a toned down way wouldn't be much of a problem. As you say, it's not like the game's filled with dialogue, so that eliminates most of the issues, just leaving the violence... also, not really an issue. He just won't be decapitating anyone, done deal.

But I do think he's pretty unlikely, even taking into account that sudo51 may be friends with Sakurai. Travis just isn't enough of a video game icon to justify his 3rd-party position.

Overall, pretty solid looking roster, to me.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would much prefer it if they changed up basically most of Lucario's moveset and make him more like an actual fighting type Pokemon rather than being a Psychic type-like fighter.

Agree.

I don't expect EVERY character to cater to my personal preferences... but Lucario was really UNinteresting moveset wise to me... For a Pokemon at least.

Instead of hogging so many aura moves, it would've been nicer to have some Steel moves, or fighting moves that LOOK like fighting moves instead of magic attacks.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
so assuming we will get lucario and mewtwo on the same roster how are they going to be distinguished as two different characters. i mean its not much but you know people will call lucario a clone even if his only similar move is aura sphere.
Well I think Mewtwo should keep his moveset and they should make Lucario more of a Fighting Type I mean, he seems like more of a Psychic Type. They should give him more punches and kicks. Make him seem like he was out of street fighter :/

Bajef8

Smash Ace
So in conclusion, seeing as literally almost everyone has said the same thing, we want Mewtwo to remain pretty much the same, and we want Lucario to be less floaty with more physical, Steel/Fighting type moves, and seem less like a psychic Pokemon?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I will be surprised if Mewtwo comes back as his Melee counter part. I'm expecting Mewtwo to come back as a new character, and in awakened form, and thus a new moveset. Besides Melee Mewtwo sucks, he could use a bet moveset, Although I do love the way Mewtwo dodges in Melee lol.

I also never understood whay Sakurai did what he did with Lucario in Brawl as Arura doesn't work like that in the game, if I am not mistaken, but that also furthers my point that Smash doesn't care about canon. But still, it is his gimmick now so he should keep it if he stays, which I doubt he will be staying. Also he only seems like a Psychic Type because of the Arura, but most of his attacks actually look like fighting moves but are jsut overshadowed by the Arura he has. :/

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah. Pretty much that.

--
Regarding the use of Aura... if anything, that's how Pokemon Trainer should have worked... As they're supposed to boost their own elemental powers when in a pinch... right? Unless I've confused this with another game/pokemon.

I'm glad at least he didn't implement Pichu's self-hurting gimmick on PT just to show off STRUGGLE. :/

--

Looking back at the Brawl newcomers.. even though I liked only 1 or 2 out of them all, I can at least give props to Sakurai for giving quality over quantity.

Almost half of the Melee newcomers were clones. However.. only 3 Brawl newcomers were "clones" and even those feel extremely different when compared to the Melee clones. (I dare to say that the only real clone in Brawl was Toon Link, as Lucas and Wolf play nothing alike to Ness or Fox)

So yeah, it's quite admirable, and probably really hard to top 18 original characters. :p

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Whoof, hefty post there, good sir. I've just quoted a bit though--

I do think that incorporating Travis in a toned down way wouldn't be much of a problem. As you say, it's not like the game's filled with dialogue, so that eliminates most of the issues, just leaving the violence... also, not really an issue. He just won't be decapitating anyone, done deal.

But I do think he's pretty unlikely, even taking into account that sudo51 may be friends with Sakurai. Travis just isn't enough of a video game icon to justify his 3rd-party position.

Overall, pretty solid looking roster, to me.
oh believe me I agree I think its very unlikely as well I mean I don't really want him and thanks for that I will add extra to the last part witch you didn't exactly look at his series is not popular

I will be surprised if Mewtwo comes back as his Melee counter part. I'm expecting Mewtwo to come back as a new character, and in awakened form, and thus a new moveset. Besides Melee Mewtwo sucks, he could use a bet moveset, Although I do love the way Mewtwo dodges in Melee lol.
I also never understood whay Sakurai did what he did with Lucario in Brawl as Arura doesn't work like that in the game, if I am not mistaken, but that also furthers my point that Smash doesn't care about canon. But still, it is his gimmick now so he should keep it if he stays, which I doubt he will be staying. Also he only seems like a Psychic Type because of the Arura, but most of his attacks actually look like fighting moves but are jsut overshadowed by the Arura he has. :/

well I few of the moves are going to be the same i mean a few attacks are fine

MagnesD3

Smash Master
He has used a sword in 2 Zelda games Wind Waker and Twiligh Princess. That doesn't consitute as many times imo and is not enough to warrant him having it for regular attacks. And so it should be asigned to a special move instead. Actually in fact Ganondorf is show to use his bare hanhds more then a weapon, even in Wind Waker when you fight Ganondorf as a boss he choses to not use his swords. It makes more sense for all of his attacks to be more punches and kicks. And no that recovery would not be better, Ganondorfs recovery is already at medium range, you end or shortening it making it worse automatically. Not to mention it being sluggish meaning it won't stopic him from falling down when he uses it, unlike how Sheik's and Zelda's recoeries work. If you want to unclone Ganondorf only change his Specials, everything else give him back his attacks and grabs from Melee along with his speed from Melee, and fix that Up-titl. But if his specials get change don't make it to where they are useless again, do something where they will actually improve upon his playstyle. Something like this;

Neutral Special - Brings his fist up to the level of where his hear is but inches apart and then does a quick jab foward which releases a purple fist of darknes for his fist that travels across the stage. Can be charged similar to how Samus and Lucario charge their Neutral Specials and when fully charged it is as big Ganondorf himself and travels across almost all of FD, takes very long to charge up however.

Side Special - Pulls out his sword and swings it in a series of hits untill you gr through all the moves of stop pushing the Special Button. Similar to Marth's Dancinc Blade but slower and stronger and is more of a punisher then anything else.

Up Special - Same as in Melee and Brawl but now at the end of it if he didn't latch onto anything he will levitate very briefly into any direction. Only lasts like 1 or 2 seconds.

Dpwn Special - This was the hardest one to think of but what I thought of was this. He brings his fist down into the ground creating a big dark explosion, has pretty good range.

That should be enough to get the people complaining about him being a clone to stop whining about it, while making thos like me who are comfortable with his play style and how his attacks and grabs already work happy. ._.
I would make it so ganondorf doesnt fall during his be up like zelda does (maybe I would change the startup so that its good but he appears slowly instead of immediately like shiek), and I didnt want all of ganons tilts and smashes to use his sword only a few, I still like his b over to stay the same and I like my ideas for his b up and b down.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Even still I don't think some "unseen" Pokemon is a likely contender for Smash 4.

Pretty much the contenders for playable Pokemon in Smash 4 are:
- Pikachu (already confirmed)
- Jigglypuff
- Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
- Lucario
- Mewtwo
- Pichu
- Zoroark
- Genesect

Of these Pichu and Genesect are the most iffy, and Zoroark looks to be shut out as well (Lucario is getting more screen time nowadays than him). However, I would not rule out the possibility Sakurai gives the Pokemon Trainer some new playable Pokemon.
I agree completely, I was just pointing that out to a less than insightful nimrod.

Off the record, your posts reassure me that this thread has moments that erase the tumors it usually gives me.

Well this was Ridley in the original Metroid.

This is Ridley in Metroid: Zero Mission (A remake of the original game).

Looks like technical limitations to me.
Considering the original creator has unfortunately passed on since then (insert general Sakamoto ruined everything rant here), it could just as likely be different vision for the character as the situation demands. I'm not gonna pretend I know what their original vision was (though I acknowledge technical limitations being the reason behind a lot of things, such as being little being part of Mac from Punch-Out!!!'s gimmick) but I imagine they scale him up more than down most of the time, to make the boss (es) fights seem (literally) larger than life, and epic.

Ridley's (allegedly canon) first encounter with young Samus in the manga. Considering she grows up to be 6'+ amazon status not even counting the suit, I'd say they were intended to be more 'rival/nemesis size' status (think Ganondorf and Link, Bowser and Mario (in Smash), etc.) than the "towering evil giant vs going-against-the-odds-hero" (I think Mother Brain/the Metroid Queen fit that role better than Ridley, personally)

I also really doubt anyone would argue technical limitations when it comes to this (rather infamous) size comparison.

All in all I don't think what has been the case in the past should matter as much as what could be (potentially awesome).

MagnesD3

Smash Master

That being said, he should be a lot less floaty and quicker on his feet.[/

Yeah I want Lucario to be alot less floaty and I want them to change all of his b neutral and b over. As for mewtwo I want him to a little less light (it was insane how soon you could knock him out in melee) I want mewtwos b over to change and his b down to be better as to set up for a free quick smash or throw. Id also like mewtwo to earn his awakened form somehow (not final smash or b down) and once he becomes awakened has the same exact moveset but has a ton of properties, hitboxs, damage, speed changes etc. and once he dies you have to start back as normal mewtwo again and re earn the awakened form.

Reznor

work in progress

Ridley's (allegedly canon) first encounter with young Samus in the manga. Considering she grows up to be 6'+ amazon status not even counting the suit, I'd say they were intended to be more 'rival/nemesis size' status (think Ganondorf and Link, Bowser and Mario (in Smash), etc.) than the "towering evil giant vs going-against-the-odds-hero" (I think Mother Brain/the Metroid Queen fit that role better than Ridley, personally)

I also really doubt anyone would argue technical limitations when it comes to this (rather infamous) size comparison..
that part in the manga made me sad :sadeyes:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I would make it so ganondorf doesnt fall during his be up like zelda does (maybe I would change the startup so that its good but he appears slowly instead of immediately like shiek), and I didnt want all of ganons tilts and smashes to use his sword only a few, I still like his b over to stay the same and I like my ideas for his b up and b down.

A character pulling out a weapon to preform a regular attack would look very awkward imo. It works for specials, but not for regular attacks. You either give him a weapon as his main way of attacking, which I am very much against as it would mean having to get use to a new playstyle from a already existing character who has been in 2 games when people are comfortable with what his play style already is and people who want to change his attacks don't understand this very important aspect, or you let him sticks fists and kicks and people who want to change his attacks don't understand this, preferably from Melee. Now his Specials getting change however is fine, because, other then Up Special, they don't affect his playstyle and are rarely even used meaning him getting new Specials to benefit his current playstyle could work which is why I am not against Specials getting changed, but at least make them better. Ganondorf is a character all about power and punishing, and his Up Special is meant to punish reckless edge guarding on him. Look beyond what looks cool or what looks good on him. Look at what would benifit his playstyle better. It was bad enough of how Brawl slowed down Ganondorf compared to his speed in Melee and that speed change was enough to take him from mid tier to the least viable character in the whole game.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So here's a crackpot idea. Taking that picture, could we maybe estimate that Samus is at a height of maybe 4 feet tall? At her full height, she would be possibly up to Ridley's chest. That's roughly the size difference between Mario and Bowser I would say.

Reznor

work in progress
So here's a crackpot idea. Taking that picture, could we maybe estimate that Samus is at a height of maybe 4 feet tall? At her full height, she would be possibly up to Ridley's chest. That's roughly the size difference between Mario and Bowser I would say.
I forget where its says this but shes 6 foot something

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
4 feet?!?

She's four years old in the pic. Maybe about 3.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
More like his kneecap. Ridley is sitting down in that picture.
A character pulling out a weapon to preform a regular attack would look very awkward imo.
Mr.G&W does, Ness and Lucas do as well if you count smashes. Maybe it could be a Smash attack?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Mr.G&W does, Ness and Lucas do as well if you count smashes. Maybe it could be a Smash attack?
Yea I know they do, and it looks very awkward to me and doesn't really fit right to me, at least for Ness and Lucas. G&W is entirely different from the other characters and it is imo extremly different and was built to be like that, it can also be argued that parts of his body morphs into some of the weapons he use but ultimatly he is on a extremly different scale. Ness and Lucas however, thier Smashes that seeming pull out a weapon look odd to me. I think it would have been interesting if they had made Ness's main weapon the yo-yo but they didn't and his play style is already established in 3 games so changing his attack to make them look less awkward would be a bad idea. The only problem with Lucas is his Fsmash which looks awkward to me, but it isn't quite to late for him if he returns as he has only been in one game and they could very easily make his Fmash a magical base attack without it affecting him. :/

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Uhhh, in other than the non-canon sports/kart/olympic games/party, Mario barely comes up to Bowser's knee in some lucky cases. A perfect example being Super Mario 3D Land.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Yea I know they do, and it looks very awkward to me and doesn't really fit right to me, at least for Ness and Lucas. G&W is entirely different from the other characters and it is imo extremly different and was built to be like that, it can also be argued that parts of his body morphs into some of the weapons he use but ultimatly he is on a extremly different scale. Ness and Lucas however, thier Smashes that seeming pull out a weapon look odd to me. I think it would have been interesting if they had made Ness's main weapon the yo-yo but they didn't and his play style is already established in 3 games so changing his attack to make them look less awkward would be a bad idea. The only problem with Lucas is his Fsmash which looks awkward to me, but it isn't quite to late for him if he returns as he has only been in one game and they could very easily make his Fmash a magical base attack without it affecting him. :/
Well then maybe that's just you, as far as I'm concerned it works, it works fine and there is little reason to fix it :p

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh, in other than the non-canon sports/kart/olympic games/party, Mario barely comes up to Bowser's knee in some lucky cases. A perfect example being Super Mario 3D Land.
But Bowser is always changing size, it's like an ability of his. His size has even been a plot point before with no real explanation, and his final smash shows just how big he can become.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well then maybe that's just you, as far as I'm concerned it works, it works fine and there is little reason to fix it :p
I already said it is basically to late for it to be fixed, because those moves have become part of what amke those characters what they are in Smash. -_-

However the same goes true in both directions, Ganondorf is defined in Smash by how he fights and what his attacks are, and changing up his attacks now would be a big hit in the sack to those who are comfortable with his already existing attacks and playstyle, which is why I didn't actually the Ness' moves needed to be fix and that they just look awakward to me with the random pulling out of an attack. However Specials are a different matter and from my knowledge changing them doesn't affect characters to much, unless it is a character who has a special as a big part of their play style (like the spacies). But don't put words into my mouth again please.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
A character pulling out a weapon to preform a regular attack would look very awkward imo. It works for specials, but not for regular attacks. You either give him a weapon as his main way of attacking, which I am very much against as it would mean having to get use to a new playstyle from a already existing character who has been in 2 games when people are comfortable with what his play style already is and people who want to change his attacks don't understand this very important aspect, or you let him sticks fists and kicks and people who want to change his attacks don't understand this, preferably from Melee. Now his Specials getting change however is fine, because, other then Up Special, they don't affect his playstyle and are rarely even used meaning him getting new Specials to benefit his current playstyle could work which is why I am not against Specials getting changed, but at least make them better. Ganondorf is a character all about power and punishing, and his Up Special is meant to punish reckless edge guarding on him. Look beyond what looks cool or what looks good on him. Look at what would benifit his playstyle better. It was bad enough of how Brawl slowed down Ganondorf compared to his speed in Melee and that speed change was enough to take him from mid tier to the least viable character in the whole game.
Oh yeah forgot to touch on speed, they need to fix that as well.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Wow. I got quoted a lot.

Alright so she is roughly 3 feet tall. So double her height, and then some. She would be up to his chest, just like Mario was to Bowser in the NSMB games, and almost in Super Mario 64. Incidentally, Mario is roughly the same height as this in Smash Wii U. Samus is a little bit taller than Mario. Making Ridley a wee bit bigger than Bowser could work.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know. We got a lot of new people here.

I'm curious...

What do you new people think about my roster?
Smash 4 Roster.jpg

K.Rool can be switched for Dixie.
Jr. can be switched for Toad.
Roy can be switched for Chrom.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

I'm curious...

View attachment 1833

I don't think I've looked at this before, but I don't really see anything I disagree on. No really unreasonable choices and a good number of characters.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I'm curious...

View attachment 1833

I like your style Swampy. Here's mine.

I removed Roy in favor of Isaac. Total of 47 roster spots, 53 if the Mewtwo transformation is totally new and not just a stance change type deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom