• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
You know. We got a lot of new people here.

I'm curious...

What do you new people think about my roster?
View attachment 1833

K.Rool can be switched for Dixie.
Jr. can be switched for Toad.
Roy can be switched for Chrom.

-Still think there should be a Diddy & Dixie combo sort of character.
-I see Jr. likely. However, I think Paper Mario could make it in as well.
-Either Roy of Lyn. Or both. I'm still fishy about Chrom.
-I really don't see Miis likely, but... eh, people do, so what gives.
-Isaac, Takamaru and Shulk? All in the same rooster? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN IN ALL OF MY LIFE!? :love::love::love:
Overall, 9.5/10, would play.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I know we probably don't wanna get back on the subject of Pokemon, but

I think Newtwo could be a form that's earned, once you fight for a certain amount of time you can transform and be Newtwo until your KO'd
or
You get the Final Smash and become Newtwo until you are KO'd

Also Here is the list of Newcomers I see likely

1. Eevee (but, there's not much room)
  2. Sylveon (but, we have JigglyPuff)
  3. Kalos Trainer (might take up too much development time and we don't need more fire/water/grass)
  4. GENESECT! It's quite possible Sakurai may want to add Genesect because he believes he'll become even more popular so he doesn't miss out on an opportunity, if Pokemon didn't already insist that he include him.
A more realistic roster from me and
what I come to

expect seeing or something near it.
much better, still skeptical about Krystal. Think there should be a newcomer Pokemon, but hey. Also should get rid of Pac-Man, too many third-parties.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
  3. Kalos Trainer (might take up too much development time and we don't need more fire/water/grass)
  4. GENESECT! It's quite possible Sakurai may want to add Genesect because he believes he'll become even more popular so he doesn't miss out on an opportunity, if Pokemon didn't already insist that he include him.
Funny, that's exactly the same Top 4 Pokémon newcomers that I have.
Except that it's in the completely opposite order.

EDIT: ARRRRGGHHH!!! THAT NUMBER ONE JUST WON'T GO AWAY AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

EDIT EDIT: Oh, sure, as soon as I edit this, it's gone. Wonderful.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Scoliosis and Swamp, you guys have great rosters. Not much more I could ask for on them. :laugh:

Also can someone tell me who's more likely

Roy
or
Chrom
You'll honestly get a different answer depending on who you ask. I personally see them as about equal likelihood.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I know we probably don't wanna get back on the subject of Pokemon, but

I think Newtwo could be a form that's earned, once you fight for a certain amount of time you can transform and be Newtwo until your KO'd
or
You get the Final Smash and become Newtwo until you are KO'd

Also Here is the list of Newcomers I see likely

much better, still skeptical about Krystal. Think there should be a newcomer Pokemon, but hey. Also should get rid of Pac-Man, too many third-parties.
I still think the rumor saying little mac, mii and pacman being newcomers is true, until it is disproven I wont take them out of my realistic list unless I state otherwise (I dont really want mii or pacman anyway...)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Marth's never getting removed. He's essentially the face of the series, is playable as the main Lord in more games than any other Fire Emblem character, and even in Awakening, he is referenced extremely often.

Honestly, I'd highly doubt Ike's removal, too, since he's essentially the face of the Western-released Fire Emblem games. Plus, he's playable in the second most amount of games out of any Lord. Plus, he has a unique moveset.

Due to both of these, I feel that any new or returning Fire Emblem character would be in addition to Marth and Ike, and not intended as a replacement.

DeathKidZ100

Smash Cadet
the reason i choose lucina to replace marth because in the game lucina she try to The impersonator Marth.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
the reason i choose lucina to replace marth because in the game lucina she try to The impersonator Marth.
That is really your reason?

No.

Go home you're drunk, high, I don't care. Something is impairing your judgement.

Go take a nap of something. Sleep it off.

That can't be your normal thought process.

Though, to be fair it would be a cool alt. costume if Marth wore that FE awakening mask :D
A Lucina alt would be awesome.

Marth being replaced by Lucina though?

DeathKidZ100

Smash Cadet
look at the earthbound series "Sakurai states that Ness was intended to be replaced by the protagonist of MOTHER 3 (Lucas) in Melee, but since MOTHER 3 had been delayed--indefinitely, at the time--Ness returned for SSBM. Both Ness and Lucas appear as playable characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl"

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
look at the earthbound series "Sakurai states that Ness was intended to be replaced by the protagonist of MOTHER 3 (Lucas) in Melee, but since MOTHER 3 had been delayed--indefinitely, at the time--Ness returned for SSBM. Both Ness and Lucas appear as playable characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl"
Except Ness only had 1 game. Roy never replaced Marth and neither did Ike. Marth IS the mascot of Fire Emblem and is never being removed otherwise it would have been Roy & Ike, not Marth & Ike. Lucina has NO place because she can't replace Marth and she's the EXACT same thing so she can't be present with Marth.

Also everyone else needs to be a little nicer about remedying this situation. Something's not right if the person we're calling Drunk/High is DeathKidz and not DivineDeity. Someone I noticed was a lot jerkier about his horrible decisions and was treated pretty civilly about it.

But, that's beside the point. Shouldn't be rude to either of them.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thing is. Lucina never replaced Marth though.

She IMPERSONATED him. Not replaced.

Think about this.

DeathKidZ100

Smash Cadet
That is really your reason?

No.

Go home you're drunk, high, I don't care. Something is impairing your judgement.

Go take a nap of something. Sleep it off.

That can't be your normal thought process.

A Lucina alt would be awesome.

Marth being replaced by Lucina though?
lucina is can play the same way as marth in ssb4, plus we need more girl characters, ike is still relevant because of that wii game called fire emblem radiant dawn. an it funny you call me a drunk, high, guy....... its my opinion so don't disrespect my decision you fat-ass guy!!!!!!! >:(

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
lucina is can play the same way as marth in ssb4, plus we need more girl characters, ike is still relevant because of that wii game called fire emblem radiant dawn. an it funny you call me a drunk, high, guy....... its my opinion so don't disrespect my decision you fat-*** guy!!!!!!! >:(
Being a girl should not be an influential decision for a character. And it doesn't matter if she's the same as Marth, he's the character more deserving and it makes more sense because he appeared the most, still appears in Fire Emblem games, and is the mascot.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
lucina is can play the same way as marth in ssb4, plus we need more girl characters, ike is still relevant because of that wii game called fire emblem radiant dawn. an it funny you call me a drunk, high, guy....... its my opinion so don't disrespect my decision you fat-*** guy!!!!!!! >:(
Lol.

Look I was a bit mean I admit that. I'm sorry for that.

But calling me fat is hilarious. XD

Couple things.

1.Just because a character can play like another character doesn't mean its a good idea to replace them.
2. Marth is still relevant too. He had two DS games recently.
3. A character's gender means nothing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If they play the same, why replace Marth? That makes no sense. And we don't "need more girl characters." If all a character can offer to the roster is a pair of boobs and a vagina, they're not exactly a great candidate.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If they play the same, why replace Marth? That makes no sense. And we don't "need more girl characters." If all a character can offer to the roster is a pair of boobs and a vagina, they're not exactly a great candidate.
Unless it's that woman from High School of the Dead. She can have a whole moveset based on her Boobs.

Also: SELF DESTRUCT FOR GENESECTS'S FINAL SMASH!!!!! :psycho:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Unless it's that woman from High School of the Dead. She can have a whole moveset based on her Boobs.

Also: SELF DESTRUCT FOR GENESECTS'S FINAL SMASH!!!!! :psycho:
Would he lose a stock in the process? :troll:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You know who could be a interesting choice for a new FE rep? Tiki. I would really like to see what Sakurai could do with a Manakete, and Tiki has been in 5 FE games. Of course she isn't as likely as other characters, but still she could be a very interesting character and she does have a decent amount of games to back up her inclusion and having a important role in 4 of them and a somewhat important role in the other one. But again I know she probably isn't likely, I jsut think she would be interesting.

Not to mention how cute she is in FEA :3

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know who could be a interesting choice for a new FE rep? Tiki. I would really like to see what Sakurai could do with a Manakete, and Tiki has been in 5 FE games. Of course she isn't as likely as other characters, but still she could be a very interesting character and she does have a decent amount of games to back up her inclusion and having a important role in 4 of them and a somewhat important role in the other one. But again I know she probably isn't likely, I jsut think she would be interesting.

I would love it if Tiki somehow got in. I've actually been trying to make a moveset for her, haha. It's almost done, actually. Technically, other than Anna, she's been in more games than any other Fire Emblem character, if I remember correctly. And even then, she's the most recurring character in a major role.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Hm...

How would that work though? I mean....what would her specials be? All dragon stuff?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I would love it if Tiki somehow got in. I've actually been trying to make a moveset for her, haha. It's almost done, actually. Technically, other than Anna, she's been in more games than any other Fire Emblem character, if I remember correctly. And even then, she's the most recurring character in a major role.
Tell me wehn you are done with that as I a curious with what you came up with.

Hm...

How would that work though? I mean....what would her specials be? All dragon stuff?
I dunno tbh either some kind of tranformation thing that only happens for a X amount of time then needs to wait a X amount of time to be used again and make up a moveset for non-dragon form Tiki her have her fight as a dragon during the whole time. o.o

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Aww...dang... Back to Fire Emblem talk...

Not only that, but...

So much for Spoiler alert.... No wonder people had stopped talking about "masked Marth". -_-

Sometimes it's hard to try getting more into a series.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Also can someone tell me who's more likely

Roy
or
Chrom
Personally, I see it as a matter of if Sakurai sees popularity or recent games more important. I personally also think Roy has better moveset potential and that's why I have him on my current roster, but you could argue for Chrom.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
bet you five out of ten you dont even play fire emblem...... :p
I've seen youtube speculations better than this. Marth is the main face of the franchise, he is the Mario of Fire Emblem, you can't just remove him because someone pretended to be him in one game, especially when Marth is also available as DLC for Awakening as well. Not to mention the semi-recent remakes of his two titles. I'd get the thought of Lucina over Marth out of your head...pronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom