• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
you gotta admit its a prettry big coincidence
A coincidence and nothing more, however. Just a coincidence.

Frankly I'd say it's a contributing factor assuming those large amount of sales generate for a good amount of popularity
Oh, I'd definitely agree that more sales helps to increase popularity, because it causes a sense of familiarity, but Sakurai more than likely doesn't look at sales when deciding the rosters.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Oh, I'd definitely agree that more sales helps to increase popularity, because it causes a sense of familiarity, but Sakurai more than likely doesn't look at sales when deciding the rosters.
I suspect he looks at the importance of characters and what they can do. (not necessarily the case for everyone though, Fox's moves were completely original in Smash)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I suspect he looks at the importance of characters and what they can do. (not necessarily the case for everyone though, Fox's moves were completely original in Smash)
You'd be correct. According to Sakurai, what he looks at includes:

Sakurai said:
- The character's inclusion must make people want to buy the game.
- The character must be unique
- The character must fit into the style of Super Smash Bros.
- They must contribute to the game balance.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, who do you think has a higher chance of getting in: Chrom or Lucina?
Chrom.

Lucina while popular doesn't have the smash support that Chrom has.

Add this on top of Chrom being the main character (along with Robin) and is arguably the most iconic character in the game. Lucina doens't have much of a chance unless Sakurai throws us a major curveball or IS have plans for her in the future and recommend her for a spot.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hey guys, what's up? I just came back from shopping and-
the reason i choose lucina to replace marth because in the game lucina she try to The impersonator Marth.
If they play the same, why replace Marth? That makes no sense. And we don't "need more girl characters." If all a character can offer to the roster is a pair of boobs and a vagina, they're not exactly a great candidate.
Also: SELF DESTRUCT FOR GENESECTS'S FINAL SMASH!!!!! :psycho:
I can think of worse things. :troll:
Get back to the gym, roly-poly.
Lucina

Edit lucina

THE ONLY ONE AND REAL REP FOR FE:A THAT WILL 75%

HEROINE!

MAIN CHARACTER!

MASKED MARTH!

MOST POPULAR IN JAPAN!

THE FACE OF FE:A PRODUCTS LIKE ART BOOK AND SOUNDTRACK!

75% GETTING IN! :pView attachment 1836
Dude.... Pokemon Trainer is totally be replaced, look!

We've got ourselves an impersonator!
Not as popular as Roy yeeea I'm going to have to see proof and chrom is more likly due too the game
This is the part where I step in to provide my signature for the world to see.

...But for a change of pace, have a parrot gif.
lucina is popular in japan they even put her on the boxart of the sounf track!!!!! o.o
View attachment 1841
why would you let chrom daughter die??? :/
GOOBLYGOOMON WASN'T CHOSEN BECAUSE HE WAS RECENT IT'S BECAUSE HE'S MOTHER****ING GOOBLY GOO MON!

Oh hey! Would you look at that! I think I forgot to buy eggs! BACK TO THE MARKET, I GUESS!!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Lucina

Edit lucina

THE ONLY ONE AND REAL REP FOR FE:A THAT WILL 75%

HEROINE!

MAIN CHARACTER!

MASKED MARTH!

MOST POPULAR IN JAPAN!

75% GETTING IN! :pView attachment 1836
THE ONLY ONE AND REAL REP FOR FE:A THAT WILL
Chrom

Marth & Chrom

MAIN CHARACTER!
Chrom is the main character, and here you are claiming WE don't play Fire Emblem.

MASKED MARTH!
Doesn't make you Marth at all. Hey, Happy Mask Salesman from Majora's Mask owns a Mario Mask. Let's replace Mario with the Happy Mask Salesman.

MOST POPULAR IN JAPAN!
Since WHEN????

Marth is the face of the F***ing FRANCHISE!!!! and Chrom is the face of the cover of the Awakening Case and all it's trailers & footage!

Nothing gets her in over Marth and she has NOTHING to differ herself from Marth so she can't even be present with him.

0% chance of ever being playable in Super Smash Brothers

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It wasn't a coincidence that they were the most recent. However, they didn't get in only based off of their recentness. Both Roy and Ike were good choices to include.

Chrom and Lucina could prove to be the same.

Reznor

work in progress
so no FE character has been added because of their popularity yet so why would Roy being popular give him a better chance than Chrom

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sakurai must have figured Fox would have been a good fighter in addition to a pilot, as well as being able to operate a blaster.

I wonder where he got the idea of his up and side specials though.
The current explanation is that his Up Special is supposed to represent the Boost, the Reflector is the Barrel Roll, and the Blaster is the...Blaster.

Then Melee came along and added his Side Special. I have no idea what that is, though. Some form of hyperspeed? *shrugs*

so no FE character has been added because of their popularity yet so why would Roy being popular give him a better chance than Chrom
Ike was added for his popularity. It's just that IS had to tell Sakurai that, haha. That being said, popularity does matter a bit more this time, seeing as the pool of potential playable pals is perishing.

Reznor

work in progress
Ike was added for his popularity. It's just that IS had to tell Sakurai that, haha. That being said, popularity does matter a bit more this time, seeing as the pool of potential playable pals is perishing.
I thought it was mostly the suggestion and not so much the popularity

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Chrom is the main character, and here you are claiming WE don't play Fire Emblem.

Dude, get a freaking clue. Chrom isn't the only main character you know. Robin/Avatar is also the main character and is just as important to the plot as Chrom, if not maybe more so. Lucina is about as important as well and could be considered the deuteragonist. Chrom isn't going to get in just because he's the main character. The excuse that Lucina is too similar to Marth is a lousy excuse to neglected her. Maybe if you did just a little more research you would know, lad. I'm not saying Lucina has a higher chance than Chrom or anything like that, but I'm just saying. Nerd Rage over.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Time for some Gooblygoomon support! (I'll try not to use this joke again :p)
Gooblygoomon.png

You liek? I tried to make it as similar to the other characters introduction slides as possible with a one minute time limit!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Dude, get a freaking clue. Chrom isn't the only main character you know. Robin/Avatar is also the main character and is just as important to the plot as Chrom, if not maybe more so. Lucina is about as important as well and could be considered the deuteragonist. Chrom isn't going to get in just because he's the main character. The excuse that Lucina is too similar to Marth is a lousy excuse to neglected her. Maybe if you did just a little more research you would know, lad. I'm not saying Lucina has a higher chance than Chrom or anything like that, but I'm just saying. Nerd Rage over.
What does Lucina have that makes her more unique than Chrom?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
have some sense to shut the **** and stop reply to everything i comment!!!! >:(
I'm sensing some hostility.
The current explanation is that his Up Special is supposed to represent the Boost, the Reflector is the Barrel Roll, and the Blaster is the...Blaster.

Then Melee came along and added his Side Special. I have no idea what that is, though. Some form of hyperspeed? *shrugs*
Actually his up special is the bomb while his side special is the boost.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
have some sense to shut the **** and stop reply to everything i comment!!!! >:(
Your fault for commenting in the first place. :p

So it seems most the insperation came from the Arwings abilities, and the Landmaster to a lesser extent.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So it seems most the insperation came from the Arwings abilities, and the Landmaster to a lesser extent.

Yep! I believe Sakurai said at one point that he wanted him and/or Falco to "fight like an Arwing."

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
What does Lucina have that makes her more unique than Chrom?

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that if your saying she can't be in Smash just because she similar to Marth in terms of outfit, that's not a good excuse at all. Chrom is more unique and will probably get in there before Lucina, but those are very lousy as heck excuses to neglected her, as I stated before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom