• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I want and uncloned ganondorf and Demise as they are both extremely important to the series, I want Ganondorf to play like a heavy dark magic user and demise to be a dark lightning swordsman.
It'd work better to just combine the two of them with a couple of traits of Malladus thrown in for good measure. Including two incarnations of the Demon King seems redundant to me, like including two incarnations of Link. Just my personal opinion of course.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
EDIT: Mimgrim, I know he was included for his body structure. I've read the interviews. But normally, Sakurai has better reasons than that for including a character, and if he feels like he won't create a decent representation of a character, he'll wait it out until he thinks he can do a good job of it - hence why some characters were planned as early as the N64 days and didn't see inclusion until Brawl (or still aren't included).
Ok lemme put it like this, he was looking for characters he could make into clones, because those kinds of characters would be easy to make. He saw the Ganondorf had a body structure close to Falcon's and though that Ganondorf could work as a clone and was right. This is why a character like Deded was't put in, becuase he couldn't think of who to make Deded a clone of. And why Dr. Mario was made a clone of Mario instead of Wario, because he probably felt Dr. Mario would look better as a clone instead of Dr. Mario. Ganondorf was far more popular the Dedede or Wario and was highly wanted, Sakurai wanted to beef-up the roster some with clones so he needed to find characters who would work as clones. Ganondorf fit his criteria of being able to be a clone of Falcon and makes the fans happy since they finally get their character, mostly anyways. It makes sense to me. lol

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
I'm just hoping Ganondorf goes a similar route to Bowser. If the gameplay is going to be quicker (and let's be honest Brawl Ganondorf speed was slower than wind erosion) then I'd like to see increased movement and attack speed. The nuisances of his attacks are of secondary concern as long as choosing him against a competent player isn't a death sentence.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
God...all this discussion on Ganondorf that's STILL going on...and nobody is agreeing with each other, it's going nowhere and it's going to fly out of control before long...

...I've always wanted to use this clip, so I might as well use it now...

My summary of this discussion of nobody agreeing with anything anyone says. NEXT SUBJECT PLEASE!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
And also, how can you say you think he's cooler as a Falcon clone? Cooler than what? We haven't seen him in Smash as anything but a Falcon clone, so there's really nothing to be comparing him to.
Actually Bowser, Meowth, King Dedede, Pit, Peach, and Mewtwo were held off of 64 because of limitations and time constraints.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
God...all this discussion on Ganondorf that's STILL going on...and nobody is agreeing with each other, it's going nowhere and it's going to fly out of control before long...

...I've always wanted to use this clip, so I might as well use it now...

My summary of this discussion of nobody agreeing with anything anyone says. NEXT SUBJECT PLEASE!
You only say that because you don't like the current discussion/have nothing to say on it. At least we are discussing something related to Smash atm. lol

CalumG

Smash Lord
Ok lemme put it like this, he was looking for characters he could make into clones, because those kinds of characters would be easy to make. He saw the Ganondorf had a body structure close to Falcon's and though that Ganondorf could work as a clone and was right. This is why a character like Deded was't put in, becuase he couldn't think of who to make Deded a clone of. And why Dr. Mario was made a clone of Mario instead of Wario, because he probably felt Dr. Mario would look better as a clone instead of Dr. Mario. Ganondorf was far more popular the Dedede or Wario and was highly wanted, Sakurai wanted to beef-up the roster some with clones so he needed to find characters who would work as clones. Ganondorf fit his criteria of being able to be a clone of Falcon and makes the fans happy since they finally get their character, mostly anyways. It makes sense to me. lol
Again, you don't seem to understand. I get why he put Ganondorf in Melee. I understand that he was looking for ways to bulk out the roster. I've read the interviews and what Sakurai had to say about it all. But that still doesn't excuse the fact that he did an 'okay' job with Ganondorf when normally for a character of that stature he'd settle for nothing less than an 'amazing' one - Dr. Mario, Pichu and Young Link weren't characters of much importance and Falco didn't have much content from his own games to derive a moveset from so it was understandable that they got half-arsed clone jobs, but it just feels like Ganondorf didn't deserve the clone treatment, however Sakurai justifies it.

Don't get me wrong, Ganondorf's moveset has grown on me since, but that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to feel pretty miffed about it.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
You only say that because you don't like the current discussion/have nothing to say on it. At least we are discussing something related to Smash atm. lol
Regardless of I don't like the conversation or not, it doesn't change the fact that this argument is a train wreck as it's going absolutely nowhere. Usually in a conversation you're supposed to come to an understanding, a degree in which you can find a mutual answer, there is no mutual answer, it's just paragraphs back and forth and the opinions are still the same, everyone confirmed that they can change the others' opinion on the matter, causing it to go on for longer and longer. It's dull, it's boring, and it's a subject that frankly should be a quick discussion. Ganondorf is the character that needs to be de-cloned more than anyone else in the roster, there, short, sweet and to the point.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Also, to get one last word in... regardless of what Sakurai said about body-types and how he tried to justify body types, Ganondorf clearly sticks out like a sore thumb, even among his clone brethren. Look at it like this; Luigi is a clone of Mario because him and Mario play near identical in the Mario games. Dr. Mario is a clone of Mario because he is Mario, just in a different get-up. Falco is a clone of Fox because although they don't go outside their ships, they share identical actions near enough in the Star Fox series. Pichu is a clone of Pikachu because it's a younger Pikachu, and Young Link is a clone of Link because Young Link is a young version of Link. Ganondorf? Ganondorf is a clone of Falcon because Sakurai felt like it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm done. Next topic please.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Regardless of I don't like the conversation or not, it doesn't change the fact that this argument is a train wreck as it's going absolutely nowhere. Usually in a conversation you're supposed to come to an understanding, a degree in which you can find a mutual answer, there is no mutual answer, it's just paragraphs back and forth and the opinions are still the same, everyone confirmed that they can change the others' opinion on the matter, causing it to go on for longer and longer. It's dull, it's boring, and it's a subject that frankly should be a quick discussion. Ganondorf is the character that needs to be de-cloned more than anyone else in the roster, there, short, sweet and to the point.
And this makes it different from any discussion discussed in this topic how? Almost all discussions in this thread go that way, if that is how you feel about discussions then why are you in this thread when almost single topic here goes that way?

Again, you don't seem to understand. I get why he put Ganondorf in Melee. I understand that he was looking for ways to bulk out the roster. I've read the interviews and what Sakurai had to say about it all. But that still doesn't excuse the fact that he did an 'okay' job with Ganondorf when normally for a character of that stature he'd settle for nothing less than an 'amazing' one - Dr. Mario, Pichu and Young Link weren't characters of much importance and Falco didn't have much content from his own games to derive a moveset from so it was understandable that they got half-arsed clone jobs, but it just feels like Ganondorf didn't deserve the clone treatment, however Sakurai justifies it.

Don't get me wrong, Ganondorf's moveset has grown on me since, but that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to feel pretty miffed about it.
At least you got him though right? Who could have know what would have happened Ganondorf if he hadn't gotten in Melee. He could have still been made a clone in Brawl, he could have never gotten in Brawl. We simply don't know what would have happened. Which is why I sai at least be glad you got him in some form. Should Ganondorf have been more unique? Probably. Be he isn't, and why couldn't they have just changed his moveset more in Brawl? Or who is to say that if he never got into Melee but into Brawl that he wouldn't have been the same as he is in Brawl now? If Sakurai felt like he really needed that unique of a moveset wouldn't have have fixed that in Brawl?

Also, to get one last word in... regardless of what Sakurai said about body-types and how he tried to justify body types, Ganondorf clearly sticks out like a sore thumb, even among his clone brethren. Look at it like this; Luigi is a clone of Mario because him and Mario play near identical in the Mario games. Dr. Mario is a clone of Mario because he is Mario, just in a different get-up. Falco is a clone of Fox because although they don't go outside their ships, they share identical actions near enough in the Star Fox series. Pichu is a clone of Pikachu because it's a younger Pikachu, and Young Link is a clone of Link because Young Link is a young version of Link. Ganondorf? Ganondorf is a clone of Falcon because Sakurai felt like it.

I really hate it when people do that, say to get one last word in and they are done before they are evensure the person they are talking with is done yet or not. -_-

But yes Ganondorf sticks out from the other clones. Thoguh to add onto that last part I think Sakurai did it because he felt it would work, and not jsut once but twice. But for me Meleedorf gameplay wise was great and I do not want to see a change in Tilts (sans U-Tilt), Jab, Smashes, Aerials, and grabs from Melee, Brawl kinda ruined some of this and totally ruined his speed from Melee. But hey if the Specials get changed then good for him, I don't really care about his specials since they aren't to much of an important part of his game (well aside from Up Special). So go ahead and change his Specials to make the people who whine about him ebing a clone and constantly call for him to be decloned, but in most every other regard bring back Meleedorf so that we have an actually viable Ganondorf for competitive play. ._.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Well, yeah. Sakurai felt like it. He saw Ganondorf, thought he could be a good clone of Falcon, and he's in. That's pretty much it. And Habanero, I'm pretty sure you're right that the three you mentioned were the only ones in development, but the characters Noah said were ones he put into consideration.

In conclusion, Sakurai did what he thought was the best thing to do. I'm pretty sure in an interview he said he didn't know how to work Ganondorf (something like that), so he made him a Falcon clone, kind of like an all-else fails. However, it was his decision to put him in like that, and I supported him and I still do. If Sakurai keeps Ganondorf the way he was in Melee, I'll be perfectly fine.

Now then, anyone want a new topic?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
SaturnGamer64 said:
That's not what all the fans want.
Nothing is ever going to please all of the fans. That's why I said the MAJORITY, because the best case scenario is having all of the Pokemon characters be veterans. That is my point here.
There is not a necessity to have a newcomer (despite the fact that a rebalanced Mewtwo would technically be a newcomer, especially since this new Mewtwo is not the same one from Melee. So she technically is a newcomer anyways...) for the game, the only "necessity" is to bring Mewtwo back, and that is a common agreement amongst the majority of the Smash fanbase.

Also here I was listing positive stuff about both Lucario and Genesect (Should have probably mentioned that...).
SaturnGamer64 said:
(1)So Lucario wasn't popular for being Lucario, it was just what time he was announced.
(2)That's not why he became popular. People didn't start liking Lucario because he's NOT a legendary.
1 - Lucario was suggested to be added in because of it's movie literally being days away from the Roster being finalized.
2 - I was just stating a fact that made Lucario significant in comparison to other movie Pokemon characters.
SaturnGamer64 said:
You know Extreme Speed Genesect came out in Japan 16 days ago.
...and? I don't see what that has to do with anything with Lucario being a marketing success.
SaturnGamer64 said:
That's a reason not to have Zoroark......
It's still telling you that Lucario is still very relevant.
SaturnGamer64 said:
That would make any character popular, if Genesect were in SSB4 he'd be INSANELY popular, this works for a lot of characters.
Except Genesect isn't in Smash Brothers yet so...
SaturnGamer64 said:
So are a lot of Pokemon.
From Gen 1, Gen 5, and Gen 6 yeah sure. Not much from any of the other ones. (Tyranitar and Lucario are the only ones I've seen that are outside of those gens to be advertised for X and Y).
SaturnGamer64 said:
When did the date Pokemon are revealed affect their amount of fans and popularity?
Event Pokemon are released months after the game itself is released and normally found in the game's code by hackers. Why wouldn't a Pokemon hidden from the public eye not be discussed more over one that you can normally find in a game?
SaturnGamer64 said:
If he has priority over Lucario, I guess nobody would mind if we just have Genesect and Mewtwo. Except me sort of, but after being filled in on Genesect I think he's cooler now. By preference for me it's Genesect, Lucario, then Mewtwo.
Well of course Mewtwo would have priority over Lucario, it's for the same reasons Lucario had priority over Mewtwo.
Of course thats your opinion and I'm not going to speak against it. But I'm sure people would mind if Lucario didn't return because of Genesect.
SaturnGamer64 said:
So isn't that a good thing? Also he's the star of the movie.
To advertise the movie yes, but it's role in the Anime isn't exactly as large as you make it to be.
But Mewtwo would mostly be considered the "star" of the movie (Even though in actuality it's really just Ash and Pikachu) especially since it takes the role of a protagonist in the film.
SaturnGamer64 said:
That's a good thing.
Right now it is, not last year when the roster was decided.
SaturnGamer64 said:
Oh, he IS legendary. Cool!
...You didn't even know that?!
If you're going to support something, the LEAST you could is to google it.
SaturnGamer64 said:
You can't just say something attributed to Lucario's popularity and then say the exact same situation doesn't or won't attribute to someone else's popularity. I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon Company would have told Sakurai to add Genesect as a playable character. And I don't know why he wouldn't see a lot of potential in it.

To conclude, Pokemon is a little unpredictable, JigglyPuff was prioritzed over Mewtwo, and Mewtwo one of the most popular wasn't in Brawl at all. Genesect has a lot of potential and reasons to be a smash character.
I can say that because Genesect isn't in a similar situation. When Brawl's roster was decided the Lucario movie was days away from being released in Japan, Genesect's movie came out a whole year later. Genesect has a chance, but a pretty small one in comparison to it's competition in Mewtwo. With Sakurai's disliking towards making cuts I highly doubt we'll see him try add anybody else other than Mewtwo for the Pokemon franchise with Genesect being a Pokeball Pokemon or a background character at best.
Also why would the Pokemon company want to advertise something old? They would certainly want a generation 6 Pokemon in over any other gen (Except Gen 1, for obvious reasons).
SaturnGamer64 said:
To conclude, Pokemon is a little unpredictable, JigglyPuff was prioritzed over Mewtwo, and Mewtwo one of the most popular wasn't in Brawl at all. Genesect has a lot of potential and reasons to be a smash character.
This is despite the fact that we know how the characters for the franchises are decided now and the obvious is that Lucario and Jigglypuff will be lower priority in comparison to the other Pokemon characters.

You're still giving Genesect way too much credit than it deserves and I'm assuming this because you seem to know very little of it.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
And this makes it different from any discussion discussed in this topic how? Almost all discussions in this thread go that way, if that is how you feel about discussions then why are you in this thread when almost single topic here goes that way?
There are plenty of topics in this thread that have come to a conclusive end, and they're nowhere near as far and in-between as you think. And again, this topic is going nowhere, it's not like a discussion regarding a character like Mewtwo where everyone almost mutually agrees with each other, and better yet, this SHOULD be a topic like that. It's a basic answer the idea of Ganondorf being a clone is a bad decision, he should be his own unique character. Also, don't be snooty with me, unless you'd rather take the pencil and draw your requests yourself that is, if so, then by all means, please continue.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I really hate it when people do that, say to get one last word in and they are done before they are evensure the person they are talking with is done yet or not. -_-
I said it because people clearly seem to be getting annoyed at this never-ceasing conversation, not because I wanted to somehow walk away with some kind of victory or whatever. We're done. Ganondorf conversation is over. I never disagreed with any of the points you were making about Sakurai's reasoning for him being in as a clone - just that, from a representation standpoint, it's a pretty shoddy thing to do. Which it is. No two ways about it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
There are plenty of topics in this thread that have come to a conclusive end, and they're nowhere near as far and in-between as you think. And again, this topic is going nowhere, it's not like a discussion regarding a character like Mewtwo where everyone almost mutually agrees with each other, and better yet, this SHOULD be a topic like that. It's a basic answer the idea of Ganondorf being a clone is a bad decision, he should be his own unique character. Also, don't be snooty with me, unless you'd rather take the pencil and draw your requests yourself.
How are people going to have a discussion when they all mutually agree on the same thing, because they agree on the same thing they really can't discuss it. And the current Ganondorf topic of should it be like that is totally moot as that is not the case. Also who is to say Ganondorf isn't unique to smash? Yes he has identical moves to Falcon but he plays totally different, one is about speed and combos while the other is about power and punishing. All people look at are the moves. What about the play style? Does that not matter at all? There is nothing wrong with Ganon being a clone as long as his playstyle is different, at least to me. And where did I get snooty? All I did was ask a question . lol

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I said it because people clearly seem to be getting annoyed at this never-ceasing conversation, not because I wanted to somehow walk away with some kind of victory or whatever. We're done. Ganondorf conversation is over. I never disagreed with any of the points you were making about Sakurai's reasoning for him being in as a clone - just that, from a representation standpoint, it's a pretty shoddy thing to do. Which it is. No two ways about it.
So who cares what they think? It gives me something to do while I currently have nothing to do. If they are annoyed by it and they aren't even participating in it then they should just ignore and not try to stop it, and if they are in it and are annoyed by it then they should get out of it, but again not try to stop it. It also annoys me when people try to stop a current discussion going simply because they don't like the current discussion or are annoyed by it, espically since they have the ability to create a new discussion while the current one is going on still.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Idk what the **** is going on and don't particularly care to read the last 3 pages.....
But hey Ganondorf's moveset? I have ALWAYS been so upset that he was a cheap C. Falcon clone. But I haven't wanted him to have a sword at the same time. I mean he could have such an original moveset. Between strong melee attacks like he has, to shooting out balls of electricity for his neutral b that can be deflected back, but stun if they hit you. To even being able to fly...plus his obvious ability to use dark magic and such, which he has, but not in unique ways. I'm really hopeful he'll be revamped for SSB4 though.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
How are people going to have a discussion when they all mutually agree on the same thing, because they agree on the same thing they really can't discuss it. And the current Ganondorf topic of should it be like that is totally moot as that is not the case. Also who is to say Ganondorf isn't unique to smash? Yes he has identical moves to Falcon but he plays totally different, one is about speed and combos while the other is about power and punishing. All people look at are the moves. What about the play style? Does that not matter at all? There is nothing wrong with Ganon being a clone as long as his playstyle is different, at least to me. And where did I get snooty? All I did was ask a question . lol
The mutual agreement comes through discussion, not the other way around. And he isn't unique to Smash, he's a character who plays like a slower version of another, nothing about his character actually being true to his series. It's not even as if Falcon and Ganondorf are from the same franchise, they're the same play-styles from two different franchises, which is just plain lazy. This isn't Ganondorf, nothing about his character says Ganondorf, Ganondorf is a skilled swordsman who can wield powerful magic attacks, nothing like that is even shown. The play-style may be important, but keeping the character true to their own franchise is something that should be just as equally important. And it's not so much snooty as it sny, it was a comment that made you look like a condescending @$$hole, not the proper choice of words to use for someone who uses his own time to create what you ask for.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The mutual agreement comes through discussion, not the other way around. And he isn't unique to Smash, he's a character who plays like a slower version of another, nothing about his character actually being true to his series. It's not even as if Falcon and Ganondorf are from the same franchise, they're the same play-styles from two different franchises, which is just plain lazy. This isn't Ganondorf, nothing about his character says Ganondorf, Ganondorf is a skilled swordsman who can wield powerful magic attacks, nothing like that is even shown. The play-style may be important, but keeping the character true to their own franchise is something that should be just as equally important. And it's not so much snooty as it sny, it was a comment that made you look like a condescending @$$hole, not the proper choice of words to use for someone who uses his own time to create what you ask for.
Except they don't have the same play style. The two despite sharing moves play entirely differently. Heck watch some the Ganondorfs that played at EVO and some of the Falcons that played at EVO or even battles where they were pitted against each other, the play extremly differently despite sharing the same moves for the most part. One is about speed and combos while the other is about power and punishing. And to be fair Ganondorf is shown with powerful dark magic attacks, just done in a way that gives him the same moves as Falcon. And again all I did was ask a question, I did not mean ti imply anything behind it, it was a geniune question. However if it came off as that then I apologize.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Funnily enough I just beat the first Legend of Zelda about 10 minutes ago, game grumps sparked my interest again. I wouldn't be against blue ganon with a trident, as long as he is invisible, dies in 4 hits and goes brown when he's about to die :troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Throwing this out there...

I NEED THE ROSTER ICONS OF THE IMAGES FROM SMASH BROS WII U. THIS MEANS MARIO, DK, BOWSER, LINK, SAMUS, KIRBY, PIKACHU, PIT, MEGAMAN, VILLAGER, FOX, OLIMAR & PIKMIN, AND SAMUS.

KTHNXBAI

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Throwing this out there...

I NEED THE ROSTER ICONS OF THE IMAGES FROM SMASH BROS WII U. THIS MEANS MARIO, DK, BOWSER, LINK, SAMUS, KIRBY, PIKACHU, PIT, MEGAMAN, VILLAGER, FOX, OLIMAR & PIKMIN, AND SAMUS.

KTHNXBAI
I think the new version of Roster Maker just comes with them, except for Olimar.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Ganondorf changes I want (trying to make him play a dark heavy powerful magic user.

B - Dark Magic: Ganon controls a dark magic area similar to Zelda's din fire but its slower has less control with it and activates slower after release but does a ton of damage and knockback on hit.

B Up - Dark Door: Ganon phases into the shadows of the background then reappears where you aim him does damage to foes when coming out of door, short range and sluggish startup does good damage. (This is similar to shirks and Zelda's Bup but with different properties.

B over - same.

B down - Dark Counter: Ganon pulls out his sword similar to his taunt has slow startup similar to Ike's counter, when trigger can sends a quick slash with good damage and knockback, when countering projectiles it sends them back from that direction but slightly faster.

Change some of Gannon's tilts and smashes to include hus sword.

Ill do a demise one soon.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just a visual update. I noticed Mewtwo often changes back to his original form, as the Awakening is a limited power up. So it makes more sense as a Final Smash. (I'd like to point out I'm not guaranteeing Lucario's removal, but I don't want to look like a JigglyPuff/Fairy hater.)
View attachment 1805
Wait what he goes back normal form often oh boy that's not looking good for the people who is guessing the awakening will be down B maybe if there was a video of mewtwo changing to awakening form and change back in the same video I'm commenced that it will be final smash and psywave will be down b but far weaker than the psywave in the second movie

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't add a character if I didn't research it (unlike some people). And I've always known who Genesect is.

Wait what he goes back normal form often oh boy that's not looking good for the people who is guessing the awakening will be down B maybe if there was a video of mewtwo changing to awakening form and change back in the same video I'm commenced that it will be final smash and psywave will be down b but far weaker than the psywave in the second movie
The movie shows the Awakened form is more powerful. He changes back when he is getting weak or has been beaten. Based on footage, this is a limited form. It's not something he changes into often where as you suggest he should just switch back & fourth willy nilly.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I wouldn't add a character if I didn't research it (unlike some people). And I've always known who Genesect is.
Amen I'm on your side done the research genesect fits the bill for i playable and pokemon movies in Japan takes 1 year and couple more/less days and even if the next movie comes out by then genesect would already Ben 100% complete if sakurai decides to add genesect to the game because of the movie and popularity from the genesect event on black and white 2

D

Deleted member

@Hotfeet: Have you already done the Ringside Wrestler request I gave, or no?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Amen I'm on your side done the research genesect fits the bill for i playable and pokemon movies in Japan takes 1 year and couple more/less days and even if the next movie comes out by then genesect would already Ben 100% complete if sakurai decides to add genesect to the game because of the movie and popularity from the genesect event on black and white 2
Yeah, but the guys are still right about Lucario being likely. But, I don't see what currently makes him the more popular than all pokemon besides smash. He still is part of advertising in Pokemon, but so are a lot of Pokemon. And don't quote me on this because I could very well be wrong. All though if you want to reply I guess you'd have to Quote :troll: (and notice I sadi "currently" I'm fully aware of Lucario's past history.)

But, of course Lucario has more appearances than Genesect because he's older. It's not even giving the new Pokemon a chance. I'd like to know what CURRENTLY makes Lucario so individually special other than Brawl. I'm not challenging this, it' just I've done a lot of research and I must of missed what currently separates his popularity from all the other Pokemon.

Ganondorf changes I want (trying to make him play a dark heavy powerful magic user.

B - Dark Magic: Ganon controls a dark magic area similar to Zelda's din fire but its slower has less control with it and activates slower after release but does a ton of damage and knockback on hit.

B Up - Dark Door: Ganon phases into the shadows of the background then reappears where you aim him does damage to foes when coming out of door, short range and sluggish startup does good damage. (This is similar to shirks and Zelda's Bup but with different properties.

B over - same.

B down - Dark Counter: Ganon pulls out his sword similar to his taunt has slow startup similar to Ike's counter, when trigger can sends a quick slash with good damage and knockback, when countering projectiles it sends them back from that direction but slightly faster.

Ill do a demise one soon.
It's not very impressive, just different.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Want to move the topic along? How about THIS?

Remember the same moron who made that Ridley is too big video? Well he actually responds to it in this video...and by GOD the logic is just as bad. No seriously, he thinks that because Ridley would have to be scaled to Samus, or at least he thinks he has to, that he can't work...yet all I have to do is mention the Melee intro and that logic's out the window.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The movie shows the Awakened form is more powerful. He changes back when he is getting weak or has been beaten. Based on footage, this is a limited form. It's not something he changes into often where as you suggest he should just switch back & fourth willy nilly.
When has Smash cared about canon anyway? Besides I don't see Newtwo getting is as a transformation, but as Newtwo. IE It will just end up being the Newtwo form playable so it can be considered a new character.

Oh yes let's make his recovery worse then what it is! Absolutly briliant! :rolleyes:

Also I am very much against him using a sword for regular attacks, can't it jsut be asigned as a special move instead and work in a manner like Marth's Dancing Blade? His regular attacks should really just consist of punches and kicks imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom