• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I've stopped coming here because its always a ****storm with Noah ranting/raving/complaining/self promoting . This thread kind of devolved into a Internet slapping match :/

Here are 10 of my most wanted newcomers (regardless of likeliness):

1. Palutena
2. Ridley
3. King K. Rool
4. Dixie Kong
5. Shulk
6. Saki
7. Nightmare (soul caliber)
8. Skull Kid
9. Dark Samus
10. Mach Rider

I'd be happy if we got just a few of them.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
This form is neither confirmed NOR are they their own characters like Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. So YOU stop stating that Sakurai WOULD remove PT. If these forms are confirmed I will however change my Pokemon on my roster to Mewtwo.
It is confirmed. I saw a picture of it posted somewhere in this thread.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Theres no telling if all 3 forms will fight the same or not, Not in the slightest am I ignoring that there are 3 different charecters im just saying if each form fights differently then we have 9 pokemon reps which seems like overkill to the latter of replacing PT with Mewtwo with his forms we would still have 6 like before.
I honestly doubt they are going to fight that differently, and since they are so similar I'm sure there will be new technique or way of switching between them.

A. Out of the blue and not expecting it mean the same thing, right? She was added because Sakurai said this character would be the surprise character.
B. Oh ya right. :awesome: You'd probably disagree about Wii Fit Trainer before E3 began.
C. Yeah, but they gotta be smart choices, otherwise we'll get a very bad roster.

You don't have to ignore me really there's no point to it, you're gonna block anyone who disagrees with your ideas of most deserving characters is the logical way Sakurai thinks.
Unexcpected is not the same as illogical. Nobody would expect Monty Mole, that doesn't make him likely. And Sakurai said nobody would expect Wii Fit Trainer, not that it was the sole reason or even the reason at all. I was tempted to put you on ingore because you keep replying to me with reasons to have or remove characters when your reasons don't make any sense, and you act like they do. I have no problem with you thinking that, because it's not really a big deal, but please stop spamming me with them.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Dignity?

Hit it Dudley!

Gutter Trash!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get those Chicken Nuggets I never got...with a Coke to drink or something.

GG is dead Jon killed it by leaving
Eh, Dan's not so bad, he and Arin have more along the lines of the same taste in comedy, so they get along better. Not to mention it's not like Jon's gone for good, just for a while to work on the JonTron Show. I mean seriously, THEY HAVE TO FINISH SONIC 06!

Woohoo, I'm the most dignified person around!
Hale thee, for I am not worthy...:sadeyes:

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Somebody please tell Noah mewtwo's 2 forms are confirmed, he can switch between one at will, and we don't know how he gets to the other one. The leak says in game he uses an item.
And that Wii Fit Trainer was added as a wtf and that should be obvious....
Seriously people why do we communicate with that baboon
Bbtw Hotfeet, it's great. makes me Tingly.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I've stopped coming here because its always a ****storm with Noah ranting/raving/complaining/self promoting . This thread kind of devolved into a Internet slapping match :/

Here are 10 of my most wanted newcomers (regardless of likeliness):

1. Palutena
2. Ridley
3. King K. Rool
4. Dixie Kong
5. Shulk
6. Saki
7. Nightmare (soul caliber)
8. Skull Kid
9. Dark Samus
10. Mach Rider

I'd be happy if we got just a few of them.
But....it's funny...:wario:

---
My 10 most wanted (regardless of likeliness and list position.)

1. Sora
2. N Harmonia (with Reshiram, Zekrom, and possibly Zoroark if he isn't a standalone character) Fights as a CPU alongside his Pokemon like the Ice Climbers, but is able to switch his Pokemon like PT.
3. Shedinja (joke/troll character)
4. Banjo & Kazooie (I've never even been a fan of their series, but it'd be interesting to have Rare and Nintendo together again)
5. Ridley
6. Grovyle (PMD2)
7. Waluigi
8. K. Rool
9. Rayman (most of the content would be from Rayman 1 and Rayman 2)
10. Shulk

You don't have to ignore me really there's no point to it, you're gonna block anyone who disagrees with your ideas of most deserving characters is the logical way Sakurai thinks.
To be fair, others have ignored Noah, too.

Somebody please tell Noah mewtwo's 2 forms are confirmed, he can switch between one at will, and we don't know how he gets to the other one. The leak says in game he uses an item.
That's just a rumor for now.

---

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
But....it's funny...
Yeah, it is funny but it tends to derail discussion sometimes (like what I'm doing). Noah has improved but I still see his ego and arrogance behind what he posts. He does contribute to the discussion but, to me, its usually forcing his opinions while trying to destroy others. It gets old quickly.

That's a good list :). Though I'm curious how Shedinja would fight.

TheCreator

Smash Lord

---

1. Sora
2. N Harmonia (with Reshiram, Zekrom, and possibly Zoroark if he isn't a standalone character) Fights as a CPU alongside his Pokemon like the Ice Climbers, but is able to switch his Pokemon like PT.
4. Banjo & Kazzoie (I've never even been a fan of their series, but it'd be interesting to have Rare and Nintendo together again)
5. Ridley
6. Grovyle (PMD2)
7. Waluigi
8. K. Rool
10. Shulk

To be fair, others have ignored Noah, too.

That's just a rumor for now.

---
It's not, pictures where posted not long ago of his other form. Somehwere in this thread or the poll thread or some ****. I saw them

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeah, it is funny but it tends to derail discussion sometimes (like what I'm doing). Noah has improved but I still see his ego and arrogance behind what he posts. He does contribute to the discussion but, to me, its usually forcing his opinions while trying to destroy others. It gets old quickly.

So true, it's never constructive criticism like "Oh, that's a good idea, but it doesn't seem very likely. Here, how about this idea that's similar?" it's always "NO! That's not how it works, you're stupid for thinking that, why would you think that? Just no! Get it out of here! It contrasts with my ideals!" The guy complains about what form of Ganondorf should be used for Christ's sake. :rolleyes:

As for Shedinja fighting...probably with Ghost attacks like a shadow ball projectile, ominous wind, spite, night shade, and the final smash...he sucks the opponent's soul into its back and they get KOd instantly...by the way, he's invincible unless you hit him with a fire, flying, dark or Ghost move...then he's KOd in one hit. :p

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's not, pictures where posted not long ago of his other form. Somehwere in this thread or the poll thread or some ****. I saw them
Wait, you mean confirmed for SSB4? or just confirmed for X and Y in general?
I know of the Awakened form, but I think the "second form", or alternate Mew form is rumor for now.

Shedinja wouldn't have jumps but would be able to move freely in the air, like Master Hand.

However, anything that deals damage % will KO Shedinja instantly, regardless of if there are walls to bounce or tech off of.

Its moves would be stuff like Shadow Ball, Grudge, Spite, Fury Cutter, etc.

It's moveset is Final Gambit, Substitute, Rest, and Endure.
That works too.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Wait, you mean confirmed for SSB4? or just confirmed for X and Y in general?
I know of the Awakened form, but I think the "second form", or alternate Mew form is rumor for now.
It is just a rumor, but I guess people are thinking that because the X and Y are supposed to represent Genes/Chromosomes, that there would be a form to represent each. Especially since we now know that the contrast between Xerneas and Yveltal is the contrast of peace and destruction, and if one is supposed to represent a more peaceful side, AKA the Awakened forme, the new forme is supposed to represent destruction in some way/shape/form. I don't know, it's all speculation, but it also doesn't make much sense since Mewtwo is already the Pokemon with the most violent disposition.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It is just a rumor, but I guess people are thinking that because the X and Y are supposed to represent Genes/Chromosomes, that there would be a form to represent each. Especially since we now know that the contrast between Xerneas and Yveltal is the contrast of peace and destruction, and if one is supposed to represent a more peaceful side, AKA the Awakened forme, the new forme is supposed to represent destruction in some way/shape/form. I don't know, it's all speculation, but it also doesn't make much sense since Mewtwo is already the Pokemon with the most violent disposition.
The original Mewtwo is already a ruthless, hostile being who won't hesitate in destroying anything or anyone that stands in his way in order to reach his goals, so another form that represents that would be pointless.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
The original Mewtwo is already a ruthless, hostile being who won't hesitate in destroying anything or anyone that stands in his way in order to reach his goals, so another form that represents that would be pointless.
That would be true, but let's not forget that Mewtwo is now being represented as more gentle and caring, seeing that the new Mewtwo seen in the new movie and anime and the Mewtwo from the First Movie are two different pokemon, two sides of the same coin. Maybe have the old Mewtwo come back with a more violent form to reflect what it's done in the past?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I only respond when I feel something feels wrong.
You would think there's something wrong.

---

1. Sora
4. Banjo & Kazooie (I've never even been a fan of their series, but it'd be interesting to have Rare and Nintendo together again)
5. Ridley
6. Grovyle (PMD2)
7. Waluigi
8. K. Rool
10. Shulk

---
My Most Wanted:

1. Raichu
  2. Metal Mario
  3. Palutena
  4. Roy
  5. Metal Sonic
  6. Shy Guy
  7. Shantae
  8. Banjo & Kazooie
  9. Bomberman
  10. Waluigi

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
That would be true, but let's not forget that Mewtwo is now being represented as more gentle and caring, seeing that the new Mewtwo seen in the new movie and anime and the Mewtwo from the First Movie are two different Pokémon, two sides of the same coin. Maybe have the old Mewtwo come back with a more violent form to reflect what it's done in the past?
Given it's a new Mewtwo, it's possible they messed up her genetic coding after attempting to clone Mewtwo or Mew again (tail in head HINT HINT), while the old Mewtwo remains unchanged. Otherwise, it'd be absolutely stupid to see the old Mewtwo suddenly being able to switch forms.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
A certain ProtonJon/RunawayGuys moment really comes to mind when reading this...

Oh yeah! The "I'm an @$$hole" song! :D

Given it's a new Mewtwo, it's possible they messed up her genetic coding after attempting to clone Mewtwo or Mew again (tail in head HINT HINT), while the old Mewtwo remains unchanged. Otherwise, it'd be absolutely stupid to see the old Mewtwo suddenly being able to switch forms.
Well, I guess you have a point there, I almost forgot that they did point out that her genetic coding was tempered with, but then again, it's not like she's unable of showing rage, and this new form would be able to show it off. I mean seriously, I know it may be just me since I've been playing the series since it came out 98, but seeing Mewtwo as a gentle and kind creature is more disturbing than seeing Mewtwo as a violent brute who has actually killed people. :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

My Most Wanted:

1. Raichu
  2. Metal Mario
  3. Palutena
  4. Roy
  5. Metal Sonic
  6. Shy Guy
  7. Shantae
  8. Banjo & Kazooie
  9. Bomberman
  10. Waluigi

Don't need to say who MY top 10 are, so I'm going to go for my Top 10 Veterans to return:
(Those which are obviously at higher stakes of not returning)

1.- Gen 1 Pokemon Trainer, aka Red, aka Squirtle+Ivysaur+Charizard
2.- Zero Suit Samus
3.- Sonic the Hedgehog
4.- Mewtwo
5.- Captain Falcon
6.- Jigglypuff
7.- Ness
8.- Oot Ganondorf
9.- R.O.B.
10.- Young Link

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's recently come to my attention that Mewtwo CAN change forms at will. I am now stumped. I have several options for my new roster.

I am thinking of having Mewtwo on the main roster with Lucario and another Gen 6 Pokemon as DLC, assuming Mewtwo doesn't count as Gen 6 (which I assume he does.) Should his Awakened form be a Final Smash? Because then it definitely won't count as a gen 6 rep. And if it's a form you can willingly change during battle, what difference would it have? Is the X form real? Does he level up during a Smash Battle to obtain these forms. I am at an impass. Halp!

Maybe it's a MEWtation :troll:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It's recently come to my attention that Mewtwo CAN change forms at will. I am now stumped. I have several options for my new roster.

I am thinking of having Mewtwo on the main roster with Lucario and another Gen 6 Pokemon as DLC, assuming Mewtwo doesn't count as Gen 6 (which I assume he does.) Should his Awakened form be a Final Smash? Because then it definitely won't count as a gen 6 rep. And if it's a form you can willingly change during battle, what difference would it have? Is the X form real? Does he level up during a Smash Battle to obtain these forms. I am at an impass. Halp!
I hope to god it's just something like Ganondorf's FS, as in he transform into his alt. form and uses a powerful attack, then reverses back to his normal form.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Just for the record, IF Atlus gets bought out by Nintendo, the roster for this game is not going to be influenced in the slightest. At least for this game, when a future Super Smash Bros. game is in development, then it will much more likely be influenced.

Again, these are "if" scenarios, so don't take this by heart.
B-but Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei D': Ah well.

Anyway since Mewtwo may have 2 new forms we may just be seeing regular Mewtwo with the other 2 forms being accessed through Final smash, or maybe just a transformation like Super Sonic.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well like the Rare rumor I doubt it's more than just speculation at this point, but unlike the rumor there is actually some reasoning behind it, as Nintendo and Atlus are fairly close even to the point of crossover collaboration, which Nintendo rarely does, so that kinda makes it more than the occasional Rare rumor which pretty much just stems from playing on upset Rare fans, nothing to actually back up any claims.

Watch Flynn and Jack Frost become ATs IF Nintendo buys ATLUS. :troll:
I would love to have Jack Frost play any kind of role in Smash, he just seems like he would fit so well... and if Nintendo does buy Atlus, he's honestly one of the only Atlus characters (as mascot of Atlus) that I could see Sakurai going to the effort of making an AT. Or at least a trophy.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Guys, somebody find the picture of mewtwo and it's two new forms. I want to end all this it may be a rumor talk.
Hey guys it has just come to Noah's attention, that Mewtwo can change forms at will, when videos of that have been on youtube for like a month.

Gune

Smash Lord
Guys, somebody find the picture of mewtwo and it's two new forms. I want to end all this it may be a rumor talk.
Hey guys it has just come to Noah's attention, that Mewtwo can change forms at will, when videos of that have been on youtube for like a month.

So far this is all we have thought someone confirmed this fake but I guess not.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Something to consider. COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC!
(Though I did see some of you guys discussing this last night.)

If Fox were the Batman of the Smash universe, then Falco would be a likely Nightwing analogy. And when horrible, unspeakable, yet completely reversible things happen to Bruce Wayne for the sake of selling comics, **** Grayson steps in in this absence to become the new Batman. I feel that Falco is the deserving heir to that throne, and though he may be a clone, or like Nightwing, learned pretty much all his moves from Batman/Fox, he doesn't deserve to be cut. He's part of the legend. He's part of the bigger world. And as much a I want an awesome crop of new characters, Falco's the man and deserves to fight alongside Mario and Link and Fox.

In the same analogy. Krystal's sort of your Starfox Catwoman, (don't bite my head off). Slippy's kind of like Robin (not your new, dark, bad*** ninja Damian Robin, more of the goofy 80s/90s Tim Drake Robin) But WOLF IS NO JOKER! Don't get me wrong. Wolf is awesome. I love to play him and I sincerely hope he comes back, but he's more of a Two-face character. Unless you find some clever way to weave him into the story, Two-face shouldn't get higher billing than Nightwing. Falco tops Wolf. If Wolf were the Joker, then perhaps he'd beat Falco to death with a crowbar (I know, I mixing up my Robins here), but he's not. Falco's just much more important.

Also, shapeshifting Mewtwos? What? Dang, I wish I was 8 again.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
No not that one. This one is the epic one!
Nah, the XD one is still better. I like both though

I may be in the minority, but I liked Miror B's XD theme more than his Colosseum theme.
There's never a minority for Minor B

Concerning unlockable characters, Im hoping we get a very minimal number of characters to start. One large part of SSB that I like is unlocking characters and working towards that full roster. To me, the game has 3 parts. Getting all the characters is a start, then completing all the challenges and events, then getting extremely godly with a few characters after all the experimentation.

The ideal starting roster for me would be the original 12 only, and slowly build towards the full roster, with each character getting increasingly difficult to unlock. Of course, another option would be to include one character from each series, getting the other characters from the same series through adventure mode or something along those lines. The story would jnvolve freeing your companion, fighting your rival, etc.

I just hope unlockable/secret characters stick around
I like that idea. However, I'm not sure I can see Luigi and Jigg being starters from that alone. Maybe keep some like Bowser, Peach, Zelda, IC, DDD, and Ike with it?

D

Deleted member

So far this is all we have thought someone confirmed this fake but I guess not.
Confirmed fake loooooong ago.

We've only seen one new form so far; the other one can only be described as more "Mew-like" in design, part of the "rumors" on PokéBeach back in May that have been true so far.

Espio264

Smash Ace

If Fox were the Batman of the Smash universe, then Falco would be a likely Nightwing analogy. And when horrible, unspeakable, yet completely reversible things happen to Bruce Wayne for the sake of selling comics, **** Grayson steps in in this absence to become the new Batman. I feel that Falco is the deserving heir to that throne, and though he may be a clone, or like Nightwing, learned pretty much all his moves from Batman/Fox, he doesn't deserve to be cut. He's part of the legend. He's part of the bigger world. And as much a I want an awesome crop of new characters, Falco's the man and deserves to fight alongside Mario and Link and Fox.

In the same analogy. Krystal's sort of your Starfox Catwoman, (don't bite my head off). Slippy's kind of like Robin (not your new, dark, bad*** ninja Damian Robin, more of the goofy 80s/90s Tim Drake Robin) But WOLF IS NO JOKER! Don't get me wrong. Wolf is awesome. I love to play him and I sincerely hope he comes back, but he's more of a Two-face character. Unless you find some clever way to weave him into the story, Two-face shouldn't get higher billing than Nightwing. Falco tops Wolf. If Wolf were the Joker, then perhaps he'd beat Falco to death with a crowbar (I know, I mixing up my Robins here), but he's not. Falco's just much more important.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Still doesn't change my opinion that if a Star Fox character were to leave, it would be Falco.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Sorry about the multiple posts.
Something freaked out and made me think the window was frozen and nothing was sending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom