• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Does anyone else here wish Assassin's Creed was a Nintendo game? I think it would be awesome if Desmond was a character and could transform into either Altair, Ezio, or Connor... It'll never ever happen though :/ ...you guys are probably gonna stab me now...
There's an Assassin's Creed support thread I made a while back: The Brotherhood. I don't have a link though.

Edit: link - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324488

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
I just started playing Fire Emblem (2003 GBA) yesterday. I have to say BEST GAME EVER. Now I know why you guys are obsessed with it :p

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Here is my predictions for where certain characters will end up in Smash Bros 4. I think only 45 will make it on the roster.
<confirmed characters>
we all know that these guys are in.
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Fox
Kirby
Pikachu
Pit
Bowser
Megaman
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Olimar

<probable characters>
If any of these guys don't make it on the roster I would be really surprised.
Luigi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Yoshi
Peach
Zelda/Sheik
Marth
Ganondorf
Diddy Kong
Wario
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Ice Climbers

<"maybe" characters>
These guys' chances are probably 40%-60% chance of making it.
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Sonic
Snake
Lucas
Falco
Wolf
Mr. Game & Watch
R. O. B.
Mewtwo
Roy
Ridley
Bowser Jr.
Chrom
Little Mac
Isaac
King K. Rool
Palutena
Ghirahim
Demise

<Previous characters I think/hope will not make it>
besides Lucario, I didn't think any of these were necessary
Lucario
Toon Link
Dr. Mario
Pichu
Zero Suit Samus
Young Link

<Characters I wish will make it but have little to no chance of doing so>
Anthony Higgs
Groose
Birdo
Funky Kong

All my opinion. Not based on anything I read on this site or other similar sites. :marth:
double post

allow me to correct this

green = Yes
yellow =maybe
red = No

we all know that these guys are in.
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Fox
Kirby
Pikachu
Pit
Bowser
Megaman
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Olimar

<probable characters>
If any of these guys don't make it on the roster I would be really surprised.
Luigi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Yoshi
Peach
Zelda/Sheik
Marth
Ganondorf
Diddy Kong
Wario
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Ice Climbers
Zero Suit Samus

<"maybe" characters>
These guys' chances are probably 40%-60% chance of making it.
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Sonic
Snake (I doubt neither snake nor sonic is going to get kicked)
Lucas
Falco
Wolf
Mr. Game & Watch
R. O. B.
Mewtwo
Roy ( sorry I don't see roy coming back because hes not as requested as before)
Ridley
Bowser Jr.
Chrom (no more fire emblem characters
Little Mac (very requested and the aerna is a boxing ring in smash 4)
Isaac (NO NO NO NO NO NO)
King K. Rool (second most requested character and reps need atleast one villain this on is DK )
Palutena
Ghirahim (I think ganondorf is all that we need)
Demise
Genesect (im adding genesect because hes the most likely pokemon newcomer zoroark and victini uset to be the main canidates but they're movies ending and not as popular anymore the genesect movie is to be released with mewtwo and genesect is in the top 10 most popular 5th gen pokemon countdowns and is the rival of mewtwo and there are more keys to this but ill remember later)

<Previous characters I think will not make it>
remember red is no so red means not going to get in
Lucario (just because its likely doesn't mean he is going to be kicked)
Toon Link (on stage background on one of stages)
Dr. Mario (alternate costume for Mario)
Pichu
Young Link (no more clones
Kystal (I don't see i think wolf falco and fox is all that we need)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well since I don't quite know what the current topic is I'm just gonna try and get a new topic started. :L

What is the chance of Smash 4 possibly getting 2 Pokemon Trainers instead of just one? Like a male and a femal one. With both being designed around multi-generations. Now hear me out here. The male PT could be designed based off of gens 1-3 and has a pokemon from each gen (like say Charizard, Grovyle, and Totadile or some other combaniation betwen the grass and water Pokemon) while the female PT is based off of gens 4-6 and has pokemon from each gen (like say Infernape, Dewot, and Chespin or some other kind of combonation. Just a thought. :L

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Ugh, more Mewtwo mumbo-jumbo. All I care about is if he's in the game and if he's been buffed. I'd rather have regular Mewtwo, but it's fine if they use Newtwo. As long as he's buffed from Melee, I'll probably be using him. After all, he is basically a Nintendo allstar, one of the only few we have left.
Well since I don't quite know what the current topic is I'm just gonna try and get a new topic started. :L

What is the chance of Smash 4 possibly getting 2 Pokemon Trainers instead of just one? Like a male and a femal one. With both being designed around multi-generations. Now hear me out here. The male PT could be designed based off of gens 1-3 and has a pokemon from each gen (like say Charizard, Grovyle, and Totadile or some other combaniation betwen the grass and water Pokemon) while the female PT is based off of gens 4-6 and has pokemon from each gen (like say Infernape, Dewot, and Chespin or some other kind of combonation. Just a thought. :L
I like the idea, and it'd be a great way to represent all the generations (making the Pokemon company happy), but I don't think we'll have two trainers. I think the one we have now is fine, but having three Pokemon from 3 different generations is plausible. I AM hoping that the trainer can have an alternate female costume, though, because that would be pretty cool.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
you guys think Viridi's chances are higher now that an area from her first appearance in Uprising is a stage now?
I think it deconfirms her, unless Sakurai is trying to give us a hint, which I kinda doubt. Still, it could be seen either way, but I think she'll be a stage element. Regardless, she has stiff competition with Palutena, Magnes, Medusa, and Hades ahead of her.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
you guys think Viridi's chances are higher now that an area from her first appearance in Uprising is a stage now?
NO! Despite my love for Viridi she would not fit as a playable character. She needs to be a stage background so I can listen to her wonderful dialouge while playing Smash. Same reasons Hades shouldn't be playable as his dialouge is just to good to not be used in Smash. >___>

But a serious non-fanboy answer of mine would be porbably not. Palutena is still the highest one and Viridi really doesn't have all that high chances even with the new stage. :/

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I'd have to say very little. Considering the Pokemon Trainer is 3 characters instead of one, that would be three slots taken away from reps from other series.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I honestly doubt she'll get in also. I see her making a cameo in the background after she nukes the humans with a reset bomb.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I like the idea, and it'd be a great way to represent all the generations (making the Pokemon company happy), but I don't think we'll have two trainers. I think the one we have now is fine, but having three Pokemon from 3 different generations is plausible. I AM hoping that the trainer can have an alternate female costume, though, because that would be pretty cool.
Yea I just like the concept of PT and really just want to see a second with different sets of Pokemon but just thought doing it in a way to rep all gens would be the best. In fact if it weren't for the stamin/fatigue system and forced switching of PT I would probably main him. :L

I'd have to say very little. Considering the Pokemon Trainer is 3 characters instead of one, that would be three slots taken away from reps from other series.
Well to an extent it does but it also depends on which Pokemon Sakurai cuts from Smash also I would think. :C

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Just woke up from a dream where Meowth was announced to be playable.
I was happy with that, but these boards had exploded with rage.

And then I was really bummed because Sakurai stated he STILL couldn't figure out a moveset for Little Mac. -_- And posted more Olimar pics instead.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Not when someone like BluePikmin11 is spamming me with ridiculous reasons to have absurd characters over others. It's clear he puts characters like Anna, Tom Nook, and Prince Sable over others because he wants them. I have nothing against him, I'm just tired of him saying my reasons for not having them are invalid because of some ridiculous bs. I know it's not really a big deal so I'd like to just let it go.
What's wrong with the bias. I'm just into the concept that DLC works so we can have more new characters.
I probably went too far with the reason I want them, but what's the point of liking characters now.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

And then I was really bummed because Sakurai stated he STILL couldn't figure out a moveset for Little Mac. -_- And posted more Olimar pics instead.
Last night I had a really weird dream. I went on the Smash Website (really vivid and realistic), and saw a video on the front page. It showed Toad with a gold coin, and then the video of him in Smash. Turns out he was just an item that you would throw at people. I thought it was real, and then it turned to Supernatural and Donkey Kong Country and I knew it was a dream.

Gune

Smash Lord
Last night I had a really weird dream. I went on the Smash Website (really vivid and realistic), and saw a video on the front page. It showed Toad with a gold coin, and then the video of him in Smash. Turns out he was just an item that you would throw at people. I thought it was real, and then it turned to Supernatural and Donkey Kong Country and I knew it was a dream.

You guys should try Lucid dreaming.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

lol.
I admit that would suck. Toad is really classic, seeing him as an item would be kind of insulting.
Brings me back to pre-Brawl days when I had a dream about "Super" Link being announced (it was Toon Link with a super saiyan aura for some reason).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I would like more opinions on this roster. (Besides Noah's)

I'll just state the changes.
- Sonic and Snake were removed and are now DLC to give opportunity for other characters. Probably risky though.
- Added K. Rool and Hades, was originally gonna add Nintendog.

So, another topic. When do you all think the next Nintendo Direct for Smash will be?
When Sakurai has enough characters to show off. :p

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

- Sonic and Snake were removed and are now DLC to give opportunity for other characters. Probably risky though.
Don't see us getting 2 AC or 3 KI characters. Also I think Pokemon Trainer is more important than Zoroark at this point. Pokemon Trainer represents the main character of the games, and uses some popular and recognizable Pokemon. Also don't see Anna at all. Also don't think we get Prof. Layton. Sakurai doesn't want to go overboard on third-parties, and I think adding 3 new ones is too much. Also, for DLC, I don't see third-parties being DLC. It seems much more likely Sakurai just sticks with Nintendo characters for DLC.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman

If you insist on giving opportunities for other characters, make THEM DLC. Cutting Sonic and co. for characters like Professor Layton and Prince Sable is really just an awful idea imho.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Don't see us getting 2 AC or 3 KI characters. Also I think Pokemon Trainer is more important than Zoroark at this point. Pokemon Trainer represents the main character of the games, and uses some popular and recognizable Pokemon. Also don't see Anna at all. Also don't think we get Prof. Layton. Sakurai doesn't want to go overboard on third-parties, and I think adding 3 new ones is too much. Also, for DLC, I don't see third-parties being DLC. It seems much more likely Sakurai just sticks with Nintendo characters for DLC.
The point of DLC is to give players characters from the past Smash games, so really it's an experience you had before. So essentially, it gives you space for other characters.
3 3rd parties on the full roster is not much, right?

Also one question for everyone do you guys consider Tom Nook one of the best Nintendo characters?

If you insist on giving opportunities for other characters, make THEM DLC. Cutting Sonic and co. for characters like Professor Layton and Prince Sable is really just an awful idea imho.
Yeah, but it would not be the "full experience" as Sakurai intended, you getting a new character as DLC, which you might find out it is an incomplete experience. Having new characters as DLC also gives less opportunity for future newcomers in future Smash games. Having past characters is a good idea, because you have experienced them before.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes, but when the characters that you're cutting from the main roster for DLC purposes are much better characters than some of the characters on the main roster, something is wrong. Characters like Tom Nook, Hades, and Anna should not be in the main roster over Lucario, Ike, Sonic or Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom