• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
There's absolutely no doubt the awakened form is a Final Smash!

But, now I don't have a Gen 6 Rep!!! What do I do!?!?!? Just wait for the game to come out! This means no new roster posts until 2 days after my Birthday guys. Sorry, I know the suspense is killing you gueyz but, YA KNOW!

I think I may be leaning towards 5 Pokemon reps though.

Sorry about the multiple posts.
Something freaked out and made me think the window was frozen and nothing was sending.
That happens, I made 8 Posts with that once :lol:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well like the Rare rumor I doubt it's more than just speculation at this point, but unlike the rumor there is actually some reasoning behind it, as Nintendo and Atlus are fairly close even to the point of crossover collaboration, which Nintendo rarely does, so that kinda makes it more than the occasional Rare rumor which pretty much just stems from playing on upset Rare fans, nothing to actually back up any claims.

I would love to have Jack Frost play any kind of role in Smash, he just seems like he would fit so well... and if Nintendo does buy Atlus, he's honestly one of the only Atlus characters (as mascot of Atlus) that I could see Sakurai going to the effort of making an AT. Or at least a trophy.
I could even see Jack ending up as a sticker if this situation turns out to be true.

Gune

Smash Lord
Confirmed fake loooooong ago.

We've only seen one new form so far; the other one can only be described as more "Mew-like" in design, part of the "rumors" on PokéBeach back in May that have been true so far.
kinda found it was fake after seeing that eclair form was called m2x on the official site and this has it under y.

D

Deleted member

The "m2x" thing is likely not related to Pokémon X itself, but rather an extra addition to Mewtwo's character bio. Of which is the alternate form.

It could be the X exclusive Mewtwo form while the unrevealed one is the Y exclusive form, but the website isn't evidence for it.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Ugh i hate the idea of a final smash being a transformation when it limits its use and potential (also forcing players into a different style they might not like when getting the final smash), im still hoping samus can change at will this time around. And mewtwo should be able to as well if it does indeed change.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ugh i hate the idea of a final smash being a transformation when it limits its use and potential (also forcing players into a different style they might not like when getting the final smash), im still hoping samus can change at will this time around. And mewtwo should be able to as well if it does indeed change.
Mewtwo would use the new signature move he got in B/W, Psystrike/Psycho Break, which is some sort of wicked psychic pulse.

As for the Awakened form, it might be and alt. costume (if they actually go with that idea), or, again, have him transform into said form during his FS, let out a Psystrike, then revert back to normal Mewtwo.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, you could always change instantly in ZSS by doing a taunt combo in Brawl, but I don't know about how it'd be incorporated here, especially since the only real way to her change on the fly is through the use of a taunt transformation. And, since Samus is designed off of her look in Other M, Samus was pretty good at switching on the fly in that game, so I can't see why it can't be done.

dont assume you make a *** out of u and me.
Hey, I wouldn't worry about it, especially since I highly doubt YOU yourself will be mocked and/or are being mocked for it.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
As for people who predict Mewtwo will be a transforming character
1. It was never confirmed HOW he becomes Newtwo
Mewtwo has the ability to switch forms at will. Meaning the possibility of her switching forms in her regular moveset, while not exactly favorable, is certainly possible. If you watched the anime special showing off Mewtwo, you could see that she can switch forms whenever she wants, but it does take a lot out of her to do it.
2. It was never mentioned that he could switch between forms at will. Mewtwo couldn't switch back to Mew.
Mewtwo is not Mew. Mewtwo is a technically an unsuccessful, yet more powerful man made clone of Mew. They are not the same being by any means. However while this Mewtwo may have a different from one from the original Mewtwo, it can be safely assumed that this Mewtwo was created as well.
I'm being tempted to put you on ignore.
Ignoring people with different opinions of yours sort of defeats the purpose of creating a roster for everyone.
Tensions are rising here again.

.....time to bring in the Rhythm Wrestlers.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
dont assume you make a *** out of u and me.
I'm saying it'd be a Super Sonic Situation, not a Zero Suit Samus situation.

Mewtwo has the ability to switch forms at will. Meaning the possibility of her switching forms in her regular moveset, while not exactly favorable, is certainly possible. If you watched the anime special showing off Mewtwo, you could see that she can switch forms whenever she wants, but it does take a lot out of her to do it.

Ignoring people with different opinions of yours sort of defeats the purpose of creating a roster for everyone.

Not when someone like BluePikmin11 is spamming me with ridiculous reasons to have absurd characters over others. It's clear he puts characters like Anna, Tom Nook, and Prince Sable over others because he wants them. I have nothing against him, I'm just tired of him saying my reasons for not having them are invalid because of some ridiculous bs. I know it's not really a big deal so I'd like to just let it go.

Also I saw the trailer just before you posted this. I am convinced this will be a Final Smash like Super Sonic. But, now we don't have a 6th Gen to predict :(

WAIT! I FOUND THE SOLUTION FOR MY GENERATION 6 REP!!!!

(You'll probably be dissapointed, but I hope not too much...)

Bajef8

Smash Ace
That's a terrible analogy. Don't know why you are comparing her to someone who wouldn't be playable in the first place or ever served an equal status to JigglyPuff. And you're also pretending Magnemite is forgotten. JigglyPuff is still relevant to Pokemon regardless of her new abilities. And stop acting like the past doesn't exist or serve any importance in Super Smash Brothers or gaming in general.

*Jigglypuff

Terrible analogy? I'm asking you if your logic for saying Jiggs became relevant because of a new type addition. Trying to attribute that to her being a relevant Pokemon again is absurd. She's a Gen 1 character with popularity from the anime. She hasn't been important to Pokemon in ages and just because she's now fairy type doesn't make her any more relevant.

"And stop acting like the past doesn't exist or serve any importance in SSB or gaming in general"? What? You're kidding right? When did I ever say that? I even told you I think she's relevant to Smash because she's classic. True story. Obviously the past holds MASSIVE importance to gaming and Smash. Don't be stupid.

Point is, I love Jiggs. She's hilarious and, to me, important to Smash as a series. All I'm saying is
a) she isn't relevant to Pokemon very much
b) Don't be extremely surprised if she were cut since; it almost happened in Brawl and her Pokemon relevancy pales in comparison to what it used to be
However I still think her chances are pretty significant because she's a huge part of Smash history.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
WAIT! I FOUND THE SOLUTION FOR MY GENERATION 6 REP!!!!
(You'll probably be dissapointed, but I hope not too much...)
Yes, it's called a Mewtwo with the ability to swap forms.

also excuse me as I 1up myself

i am convinced rhythm wrestler for smash brothers

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yes, it's called a Mewtwo with the ability to swap forms.

also excuse me as I 1up myself

i am convinced rhythm wrestler for smash brothers
It makes more sense as a Final Smash, and if that's the case that won't technically count as a gen 6 rep. It's clear Mewtwo uses this form to power up, what's the point in having the original form if it's interchangeable, you'd just be the Awakened form all the time. It's not like he's transforming into a different type like a fire Pokemon.

If its anything with sylveon ill pass.
I'm not gonna put Sylveon if we have JigglyPuff.
*Jigglypuff

Terrible analogy? I'm asking you if your logic for saying Jiggs became relevant because of a new type addition. Trying to attribute that to her being a relevant Pokemon again is absurd. She's a Gen 1 character with popularity from the anime. She hasn't been important to Pokemon in ages and just because she's now fairy type doesn't make her any more relevant.

"And stop acting like the past doesn't exist or serve any importance in SSB or gaming in general"? What? You're kidding right? When did I ever say that? I even told you I think she's relevant to Smash because she's classic. True story. Obviously the past holds MASSIVE importance to gaming and Smash. Don't be stupid.

Point is, I love Jiggs. She's hilarious and, to me, important to Smash as a series. All I'm saying is
a) she isn't relevant to Pokemon very much
b) Don't be extremely surprised if she were cut since; it almost happened in Brawl and her Pokemon relevancy pales in comparison to what it used to be
However I still think her chances are pretty significant because she's a huge part of Smash history.
You have no source she was going to be removed in Brawl, only reasons why you think she might have been. You also haven't given reasons that she's not relevant other than she's gen 1. And I didn't say it made her relevant, I'm saying she's already relevant and being a Fairy type adds on to that.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought Jigglypuff's relevance was only due to her appearance in the anime and SSB. I played the Pokemon games since fist Gen and have done competitive level battles, if you roll through Pokemon with a Jigglypuff (or Wigglytuff), you are either a true swag lord or you are really bad at Pokemon (or you only need 5 Pokes on your crew lol).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
IYou have no source she was going to be removed in Brawl, only reasons why you think she might have been.
Low priority character. If push came to shove, Sakurai saw Jiggs as someone he could remove. It's all there in the coding.

You also haven't given reasons that she's not relevant other than she's gen 1.
She was relevant in Gen 2 as well, but she hasn't been relevant in years.

She hasn't appeared in the anime or movies in ages.
She hasn't been promoted in games since gen 2.
She is being treated as a normal pokemon now. About as important as Gardevoir and Maril.
Being given a new type doesn't mean a lot. Magnamite wasn't important when he gained a new type in Gen 2.

Really? How is Jiggs relevant today? She's a great piece of history yeah, but she's hardly relevant anymore.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Didn't Jigglypuff show up a lot in that Pokemon Conquest game? :/ Not that it matters too much, I can't really see Jigglypuff going, the most likely cause would be time constraints if she will probably be a last priority character again..... At least if Brawl is anything to go by.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Low priority character. If push came to shove, Sakurai saw Jiggs as someone he could remove. It's all there in the coding.

She was relevant in Gen 2 as well, but she hasn't been relevant in years.

She hasn't appeared in the anime or movies in ages.
She hasn't been promoted in games since gen 2.
She is being treated as a normal pokemon now. About as important as Gardevoir and Maril.
Being given a new type doesn't mean a lot. Magnamite wasn't important when he gained a new type in Gen 2.

Really? How is Jiggs relevant today? She's a great piece of history yeah, but she's hardly relevant anymore.

That's what I've been trying to say, but he just goes, "Well you can't prove me otherwise since you have no proof."

I didn't know I needed physical proof for an obvious statement -_- I assumed your 1st 3 reasons were completely obvious, and already brought of the Magnemite thing to him.

Her only relevancy now is to Smash, not Pokemon.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's what I've been trying to say, but he just goes, "Well you can't prove me otherwise since you have no proof."

I didn't know I needed physical proof for an obvious statement -_- I assumed your 1st 3 reasons were completely obvious, and already brought of the Magnemite thing to him.

Her only relevancy now is to Smash, not Pokemon.
I can prove each of those things for ya, and if Noah doesn't think Jiggs was low priority, just let him look at Brawl's data.

The proof is in the pudding.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It makes more sense as a Final Smash, and if that's the case that won't technically count as a gen 6 rep. It's clear Mewtwo uses this form to power up, what's the point in having the original form if it's interchangeable, you'd just be the Awakened form all the time. It's not like he's transforming into a different type like a fire Pokemon.
I don't know, the only things I see that are notably different between the forms are her stats. No attacks appear to be unique to the awakened form. I'd much rather have what the ability to swap forms with the ability to change your weight, damage output, speed, and mobility through the transformation (Essentially what the rumor that suggested what Mewtwo's unique playstyle is).
I mean nothing really would be better than to have Psystrike be her final smash, I mean what would be better than her signature move?

But out of sheer curiosity, what would you think our Generation 6 character would be if Mewtwo was not considered it?
I'm going to go ahead and guess Serena.
EDIT: Before I forget use this if you want,

Since everybody is against the nickname, I went ahead and made another one of the Mewtwo slots with her actual name on it rather than your nickname for her Awakened Form. If you want to use it, feel free to.
But considering that you're more supportive of her having the second form as a final smash now, I'm having my doubts that you'll use it. But it's there if you want it.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I can prove each of those things for ya, and if Noah doesn't think Jiggs was low priority, just let him look at Brawl's data.

The proof is in the pudding.

Exactly. Clearly her dancing entrance in SSE was the only reason the Smash crew defeated Tabuu...

I guess Noah must only watch the early seasons of Pokemon since he thinks Jiggs is still around and all relevant and such.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ugh, I really won't like to see Mewtwo as a Zelda/Sheik character, especially since the differences will apparently be minimal; all the moves he has have a purpose and reason; Shadow Ball being his trump card and main method of dealing damage, Confusion being a reflector type attack, Teleport being... well, teleport, and Confuse Ray being an attack that stuns opponents so that they have no chance of dodging a back throw/fully charged Shadow Ball.

... Sorry, had to bent there for a moment. I think an alt. costume might be all we need.

I guess Noah must only watch the early seasons of Pokemon
Considering how things are going on lately with the anime... that wouldn't really be surprising.

D

Deleted member

Ugh, I really won't like to see Mewtwo as a Zelda/Sheik character, especially since the differences will apparently be minimal; all the moves he has have a purpose and reason; Shadow Ball being his trump card and main method of dealing damage, Confusion being a reflector type attack, Teleport being... well, teleport, and Confuse Ray being an attack that stuns opponents so that they have no chance of dodging a back throw/fully charged Shadow Ball.

... Sorry, had to bent there for a moment. I think an alt. costume might be all we need.
Body proportions are too different to be a costume.

And really, I don't see it as a Zelda/Sheik deal where it's two different styles.
I see it as having the same (or remotely the same in some cases) attacks, but stats are changed. Such as the Awakened Form being faster, stronger, and lighter (Melee Mewtwo weight; regular Mewtwo gets a weight buff).

However, Confusion needs to go. If it's purpose is to reflect, it does a terrible job.
Disable is pretty bad too since it's too situational. It either needs a decent buff or be replaced.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

And really, I don't see it as a Zelda/Sheik deal where it's two different styles.
I see it as having the same (or remotely the same in some cases) attacks, but stats are changed. Such as the Awakened Form being faster, stronger, and lighter (Melee Mewtwo weight; regular Mewtwo gets a weight buff).

However, Confusion needs to go. If it's purpose is to reflect, it does a terrible job.
Disable is pretty bad too since it's too situational. It either needs a decent buff or be replaced.
Well, if that's what they're going for, then that's not much of a deal...

Admittedly, Confusion was weird. There's the small things, such at it being named after, like, the weakest of all psychic attack, which you wouldn't expect from one of the strongest psychic Pokémon, but also the big things, such as it being virtually useless and ultra-glitchy. And Disable... yeah, good riddance.

I think the best bet would be fusing Confusion and Disable into one move. Y'know, some flashy attack with moderate range that reflects projectiles and stuns nearby foes. And should be called Confuse Ray. That could open up space for Newtwo transforming shenanigans.

Wait, holy ****, how did I pass from being totally against Newtwo to being totally OK with it!? ... Are you... are you a wizard... ?

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is genderless.
Not she...
But yeah I want mewtwo in the game, idgaf. If it was my choice, I would make it a ZSS type of deal, only with a time limit. Or something along those lines. Ideally the Mewtwo we all knew and loved for years doesn't have any reason to have a transformation IN it's moveset. this one does, but even here he only goes Awakened whenever he needs a boost in power, so a ZSS esque idea seems right.

D

Deleted member

Well, if that's what they're going for, then that's not much of a deal...

Admittedly, Confusion was weird. There's the small things, such at it being named after, like, the weakest of all psychic attack, which you wouldn't expect from one of the strongest psychic Pokémon, but also the big things, such as it being virtually useless and ultra-glitchy. And Disable... yeah, good riddance.

I think the best bet would be fusing Confusion and Disable into one move. Y'know, some flashy attack with moderate range that reflects projectiles and stuns nearby foes. And should be called Confuse Ray. That could open up space for Newtwo transforming shenanigans.

Wait, holy ****, how did I pass from being totally against Newtwo to being totally OK with it!? ... Are you... are you a wizard... ?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Mewtwo is genderless.
Not she...
Well, Newtwo has a more feminine voice than the old Mewtwo. There are plenty fan theories that support that most, if not all, legendary Pokémons will have gender starting from X and Y (though still unable to reproduce)...

But yeah, for the time being, it's genderless.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't know, the only things I see that are notably different between the forms are her stats. No attacks appear to be unique to the awakened form.
That's why he should be a Final Smash. Nobody wants to take the 4 seconds to transform into something with different physics that nobody would notice exist unless they were told.

But out of sheer curiosity, what would you think our Generation 6 character would be if Mewtwo was not considered it?
I'm posting it tomorrow. Probably not gonna be surprising.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
For all we know, Mewtwo might be dubbed into having a more masculine voice for the English version of the movie, so it may lose its femininity altogether. Might as well call it an it so as to avoid the chance of being politically incorrect in the long run.

Personally, I'd like to see a moveset like one of the following:
[collapse="Mewtwo with Awakened Forme Final Smash"]
Neutral Special: Shadow Ball - Equivalent to his move in Melee.
Side Special: Confusion - Mewtwo grabs any projectile that flies towards him and launches it back at a faster speed. If used directly on an opponent, they become dazed and vulnerable to attack.
Up Special: Teleport - Equivalent to his move in Melee, except longer distance and allows attacks in his helpless state.
Down Special: Light Screen - Mewtwo creates a wall of light on both sides of him. Energy projectiles instantly disappear when they hit one. Physical projectiles disappear after passing through one and hitting the other. If used in the air, Mewtwo creates a horizonal barrier above him instead. This acts like a floating stage platform that allows physical projectiles to drop through.
Final Smash: Awakened Forme - Mewtwo changes his form into Newtwo, who flies around shooting Focus Blast projectiles. The projectiles fly in whichever direction Newtwo is currently flying, gaining size and losing its erratic movement when charged before being shot. Compare and contrast to a Super Sonic that moves slower and releases blood-red shadow balls.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Mewtwo & Newtwo"]
Mewtwo - Anti-projectile moveset
Neutral Special: Shadow Ball - Equivalent to his move in Melee.
Side Special: Confusion - Mewtwo grabs any projectile that flies towards him and launches it back at a faster speed. If used directly on an opponent, they become dazed and vulnerable to attack.
Up Special: Teleport - Equivalent to his move in Melee, except longer distance and allows attacks in his helpless state.
Down Special: Transform - Changes Mewtwo into Newtwo.

Newtwo - Anti-aerial moveset
Neutral Special: Psyshock - Holding down the button charges energy in Newtwo, doing more damage and being overall larger the longer it's charged. Releasing it makes Newtwo launch a pink, psychic projectile that behaves like a physical projectile.
Side Special: Telekinesis - Similar to Melee's Confusion, Newtwo flips an opponent up into the air. If used in the air, the opponent is sent flying upwards, but leaves them in a falling state. Bad for blocking an enemy's recovery, but good for setting up aerial combos.
Up Special: Parting Shot - Newtwo floats up into the air, having slight horizontal control. If it hits an opponent when initially used, Newtwo's ascent gives him superarmor and slight damage reduction.
Down Special: Transform - Changes Newtwo into Mewtwo.

Final Smash: Psystrike - Mewtwo of either form glows in a light-blue aura before sending out purple rings of energy from its body. If Mewtwo is within a certain radius of an opponent, the opponent is held in place in the air before being spectacularly slashed and distorted by a cloud of purple energy and rings. A final crescent shape of pink energy then launches the opponent away from Mewtwo, the direction depending on where the victim was relative to Mewtwo using the final smash.
[/collapse]
I also notice that I tend to zone out everything around me as I write movesets, as evident from just now noticing my phone's alarm having gone off while I worked.

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else here wish Assassin's Creed was a Nintendo game? I think it would be awesome if Desmond was a character and could transform into either Altair, Ezio, or Connor... It'll never ever happen though :/ ...you guys are probably gonna stab me now...

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Does anyone else here wish Assassin's Creed was a Nintendo game? I think it would be awesome if Desmond was a character and could transform into either Altair, Ezio, or Connor... It'll never ever happen though :/ ...you guys are probably gonna stab me now...

Only because Desmond should never be used in a sentence with awesome. Unless it says Desmond is not awesome.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Mewtwo is genderless.
Not she...
I'm fairly certain that the Mewtwo in the new movie is confirmed to be a female.
That's why he should be a Final Smash. Nobody wants to take the 4 seconds to transform into something with different physics that nobody would notice exist unless they were told.
That's exactly why it would be a noticeable change. Attacks could have different properties depending on the form too.

D

Deleted member

GG is dead Jon killed it by leaving
Dan>>>>>>>>Jon

Dan is more funny and doesn't resort to saying random crap and singing out of nowhere to fill in time. He's also much more intelligent than Jon.

Plus Ego and Dan have better banter than Ego and Jon as they seem to get along much better.

The only thing I'm wondering is why Jon left in the first place.

D

Deleted member

I agree 100%.

Only reason I want that rumor to be true is so Mewtwo can be made into an awesome competitive character.

I was thinking along the lines of Valkenhayn in Blazblue.

Something like what you said. The Awakened forme basically boosts his stats, maybe even gives him a couple different neutrals. I'd say it could be balanced like Lucario where he builds a meter over time, and can use it to transform (just like Val).

So I'd say
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic (a buffed confusion)
-Teleport
-Awakened Forme

FS is Psystrike, and the AF basically improves his mobility and speed, especially in mid-air for a while, it also changes some of his aerials to be better approach rush-down moves, he can transform in an out of it at will at a whim, so you can combo in and out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom