• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I've literally spent the past two days just trying to catch up with this topic.
2tough4me

That's not my point the 2 years thing was kinda coincidental. I mean that 06-08 was brawl's development window as 2012-2014 is here. I'm saying it wouldn't make sense to skip over an entire generation that was received so well for a rep from 6th gen. Mewtwo/Jigglypuff will like be the best we get from it, and a maybe some pokeballs. But I doubt an another pokemon will be playable because by the time said pokemon gains enough popularity to be recognized, the game will likely be too close to release date, and like I said, they wouldn't wait so long to include a rep for a franchise like pokemon.
That's why we have Pokeballs in the first place.
Gen 5 will most likely be primarily represented by having the most Pokeball Pokemon next to Gen 6 with a few from Gen 1 too. There will probably also be some in the background of the next Pokemon Stadium and maybe Kyurem could be the Boss for the Pokemon franchise.

My prediction for new series representation:
+ = revealed
- = prediction

CHARACTERS:
+Mega Man
+Wii Fit
+Animal Crossing
-Punch Out
-Golden Sun
-Sin & Punishment
-Nazo no Murasame Jo
-Dillon's Rolling Western

STAGES
+Mega Man
+Wii Fit
+Animal Crossing
+Punch Out
-Golden Sun
-Nazo no Murasame Jo
-Sin & Punishment
-Nintendoland
-Balloon Fight/Excite Bike
-Pac Man
-Wii Sports Resort / Pilotwings (Wuhu Island)
-Dillon's Rolling Western
I think we'd see a Rhythm Heaven stage.
But Pac-Man as a stage exclusive? I think it could be possible if he stuck to his roots, which probably won't happen with Namco rebranding him. So I'd say that it would be weird to have a Pac-Man stage without Pac-Man himself.

Just for fun, here are my Starter Predictions

A little too many newcomers to start with for my liking. I would suggest moving Sheriff, K. Rool, and Takamaru to being Hidden characters. Maybe Starfy too.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Don't even consider it.

My DLC Roster

Melee Pack:

Pichu
Dr. Mario
Roy
Lucario

New Pack:

Medusa (Semi-Clone of Palutena)
Donkey Kong Jr (Semi-Clone of Donkey Kong)
Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment
Ray (Custom Robo)
You called him Neomew on the roster...lol.

Why no Young Link? He's similar to Toon Link, but he's still a separate character. (Toon Link could get a new moveset since Young Link is the original Link clone)

DK Jr. is an interesting choice.
I'm also surprised you didn't have Ninten as a DLC character.

---

Gune

Smash Lord
Don't even consider it.

My DLC Roster

Melee Pack:

Pichu
Dr. Mario
Roy
Lucario

New Pack:

Medusa (Semi-Clone of Palutena)
Donkey Kong Jr (Semi-Clone of Donkey Kong)
Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment
Ray (Custom Robo)
Never new Lucario was in melee! but in all seriousness that should be original mewtwo in the melee pack not Lucario he should be on the roster.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Never new Lucario was in melee! but in all seriousness that should be original mewtwo in the melee pack not Lucario he should be on the roster.
I have to disagree, I think that Mewtwo/Buutwo should be on the roster before Lucario since Mewtwo is alot more important than Lucario is right now and is alot more popular too. If he had a 5th character for the big 3, then I think Lucario should be in.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I may be in the minority, but I liked Miror B's XD theme more than his Colosseum theme.
Everyone here can go die for all I care, both his themes are absolutely fabulous.
My DLC Roster
Why are you still using that horrible nickname?
Why the hell is DK Jr. a character with Dixie outright missing?
Why do we have Dr. Mario as a DLC character rather than an outfit when you already have two Marios?
And why am I asking all of this when you won't even see it?
I have to disagree, I think that Mewtwo/Buutwo should be on the roster before Lucario since Mewtwo is alot more important than Lucario is right now and is alot more popular too. If he had a 5th character for the big 3, then I think Lucario should be in.
This. Lucario is a veteran and is still seen in a lot of Pokemon advertising, but he falls behind Mewtwo in both recency and relevancy in the face of things. Lucario should not be anything more than an additional 5th to the Pokemon series after Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, Jiggs, and Pikachu.

Gune

Smash Lord
Original MELEE mewtwo should be in the MELEE pack Lucario doesent make sense being in there he should be on the roster with everyone else its very likely for pokemon to get 5 slots.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Not really, Lucario is there, Mew2 isn't .... it's pretty obvious that Sakurai is using Brawl as the base for the Wii U version, what they are actually taking time with is the 3DS version...after seeing how this game looks, I'm pretty sure Sakurai will be tempted to use the skeleton of the Brawl characters. Lucario will not be removed in favor of Mew2 who was cut from Brawl, I love Mew2 but if Mew2 will come back than Lucario will be there....and I've heard somewhere that GameFreak have some control over the roster of Pokemon...

Autumn ♫

Not really, Lucario is there, Mew2 isn't .... it's pretty obvious that Sakurai is using Brawl as the base for the Wii U version, what they are actually taking time with is the 3DS version...after seeing how this game looks, I'm pretty sure Sakurai will be tempted to use the skeleton of the Brawl characters. Lucario will not be removed in favor of Mew2 who was cut from Brawl, I love Mew2 but if Mew2 will come back than Lucario will be there....and I've heard somewhere that GameFreak have some control over the roster of Pokemon...
But if Pokemon only has 4 characters, then Lucario will most likely get cut, and if GameFreak has some control of the roster, that should point out towards Mewtwo's inclusion.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I've literally spent the past two days just trying to catch up with this topic.
2tough4me

That's why we have Pokeballs in the first place.
Gen 5 will most likely be primarily represented by having the most Pokeball Pokemon next to Gen 6 with a few from Gen 1 too. There will probably also be some in the background of the next Pokemon Stadium and maybe Kyurem could be the Boss for the Pokemon franchise.

I think we'd see a Rhythm Heaven stage.
But Pac-Man as a stage exclusive? I think it could be possible if he stuck to his roots, which probably won't happen with Namco rebranding him. So I'd say that it would be weird to have a Pac-Man stage without Pac-Man himself.

A little too many newcomers to start with for my liking. I would suggest moving Sheriff, K. Rool, and Takamaru to being Hidden characters. Maybe Starfy too.

Oops, my bad. I meant to add Pac Man as character as well. I just remembered him when I reached the last Stage, and forgot to add him as character.

Gune

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait! before I accidently start a argument that i know thats gonna piss me off let me clarify what I meant. Newtwo= the new mewtwo not the same mewtwo as old one Original mewtwo= Melee's mewtwo. Its a good chance were getting the new one most likely with a brand new moveset I said add Original Mewtwo to the Melee pack and put Lucario in the original roster him being in the melee pack makes about much sense as putting lucas in a 64 pack, I did not mean Replace Newtwo with Lucario and add Newtwo to the melee pack I just implied pokemon should get 5 slots.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Mewtwo is on the roster because he is a gen 6 representative.

You called him Neomew on the roster...lol.

Why no Young Link? He's similar to Toon Link, but he's still a separate character. (Toon Link could get a new moveset since Young Link is the original Link clone)

DK Jr. is an interesting choice.
I'm also surprised you didn't have Ninten as a DLC character.

---
Having Young Link while Toon Link is present doesn't make a bit of sense, it doesn't matter if they are different people, Toon Link is a Young Link except he has more to him. There's not a sliver of logic in having both, even in DLC.

And NeoMew is nickname, combining "Neo" and "Mew".

Lol, Starfy as an unlockable :laugh:

And I highly doubt King K. Rool would be either. I have Sheriff because Ice Climbers was a starter, but Takamaru works as an unlockable, I have him because he's the biggest Retro rep.

Not neccesarily mewtwo has 2 forme's so he might replace PT.
How many times do I have to say PT is NOT getting cut. It makes NO sense. And why would you think Mewtwo having a 2nd form that's pretty much the same form would make up for the removal of 3 Pokemon as well as the main character. We don't even know HOW Mewtwo becomes this form. Mew became Mewtwo through a lab experiment. Pokemon never said he can change at will and WHY would he change BACK to a less powerful form, wouldn't that be pointless.

Autumn ♫

Not really, GAMEFREAK love Lucario, he is somewhat of a mascot alongside Pikachu....
Thought you were yelling GameFreak for a second there.

That's why I believe he should be in, I think that they care a little bit more about Mewtwo now though, as he has gotten a new form and is apparently the Lucario/Zoroark of the 6th generation making him our 6th generation rep.
Not neccesarily mewtwo has 2 forme's so he might replace PT.
I doubt it. Pokemon Trainer is too important of a character to really leave now, being in every single generation, has the most popular and iconic pokemon, and can represent both the protagonist and the Elite 4. If anyone were to leave other than Lucario, I think it would be Jigglypuff.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Wait wait wait! before I accidently start a argument that i know thats gonna piss me off let me clarify what I meant. Newtwo= the new mewtwo not the same mewtwo as old one Original mewtwo= Melee's mewtwo. Its a good chance were getting the new one most likely with a brand new moveset I said add Original Mewtwo to the Melee pack
That's almost as dumb as having Toon Link in the game and then making Young Link as a DLC. Emphasis on "almost" because having Toon Link and Young Link is beyond illogical.

Also calm down about what pack he's in. People didn't get this riled up when Seaside Hill was a Dreamcast stage in Sonic Generations. It's simply easier to have him come with the Melee pack than to have 2 Downloadable packs and then just Lucario as his own pack. The Melee pack consists of past characters. Most of them are Melee so I called it that. I was going to have the original Mewtwo, but then we wouldn't have a gen 6 rep.

As for people who predict Mewtwo will be a transforming character

1. It was never confirmed HOW he becomes Newtwo
  2. It was never mentioned that he could switch between forms at will. Mewtwo couldn't switch back to Mew.

Gune

Smash Lord
How many times do I have to say PT is NOT getting cut. It makes NO sense. And why would you think Mewtwo having a 2nd form that's pretty much the same form would make up for the removal of 3 Pokemon as well as the main character. We don't even know HOW Mewtwo becomes this form. Mew became Mewtwo through a lab experiment. Pokemon never said he can change at will and WHY would he change BACK to a less powerful form, wouldn't that be pointless.
Just because you say it doesent make it true or factual mewtwo has 2 forms as of now original and awakened you denie it all you want but if sakurai wants to keep it balanced hes gonna cut out the other rep with 3 charecters in one for another charecter with 3 in one.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Just because you say it doesent make it true or factual mewtwo has 2 forms as of now original and awakened you denie it all you want but if sakurai wants to keep it balanced hes gonna cut out the other rep with 3 charecters in one for another charecter with 3 in one.
  1. What are you talking about? When did I deny he had 2 forms? I just said there's no proof he can switch whenever he wants.
  2. What did I say that isn't true because I said it?
  3. You just said Sakurai would replace someone with 3 forms for another character with 3 forms. WHAT'S THE THIRD FORM???

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Having Young Link while Toon Link is present doesn't make a bit of sense, it doesn't matter if they are different people, Toon Link is a Young Link except he has more to him. There's not a sliver of logic in having both, even in DLC.
But Toon Link cold be given a new moveset.
It's weird that you have Dr. Mario and Pichu as DLC characters, yet no Young Link.

We don't even know HOW Mewtwo becomes this form. Mew became Mewtwo through a lab experiment.
There's a journal in the Pokemon Mansion that says that Mew gave burf to Mewtwo. Y'know. Birth. He done give burf.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I must seriously ask...why are you all getting into an argument with an individual who honestly thinks Mewtwo and Mew are the same Pokemon just transformed? :p No, seriously, does he even know how wrong he is on that?

Gune

Smash Lord
I doubt it. Pokemon Trainer is too important of a character to really leave now, being in every single generation, has the most popular and iconic pokemon, and can represent both the protagonist and the Elite 4. If anyone were to leave other than Lucario, I think it would be Jigglypuff.
All im saying for now is that Mewtwo getting in with same mechanic of having 3 charecters in one is a possibility and PT getting cut because of that is also a possibility.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
All im saying for now is that Mewtwo getting in with same mechanic of having 3 charecters in one is a possibility and PT getting cut because of that is also a possibility.
WHAT'S THIS THIRD FORM YOU SPEAK OF?????????

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You guys probably won't like the removal of Sonic and Snake, but I actually made it up with K. Rool along with Hades and Professor Layton. Realizing the third parties are likely to change.

D

Deleted member

Tensions are rising here again.

.....time to bring in the Rhythm Wrestlers.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Because they're all Melee clones.
It's more of a personal thing, really.

Why?

If I recall, the Pokedex says he was a lab experiment.
Yeah, but what about how Mewtwo came to be in said experiment?

I think they used Mew's DNA with an egg and implanted it in Mew, and then Mew later gave birth. (by live birth or by laying an egg?)
It's like how Solid, Liquid, and Solidus Snake were born, if I recall.

Too lazy to do research right now so I may be wrong. =P

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Hey, Guys! Nintendo is thinking about buying Atlus! I know who the next Smash rep is gonna be.........

:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom