• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
He who is the one thats was more prominent in gen 5 then Zoroark or Genesect who is still till this day a fan favorite of pokemon fans who is still favored by gamefreak, point is Lucario is at this point and time STILL in a better position than those two no offense just facts.
It holds true that Lucario has popularity, no one doubts that. It's just he's the most likely rep from pokemon to be replaced, since he's kinda in that "FoM position". I wasn't trying to doubt what he was saying, just interpret what was said.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So clearly we should be talking about Fever Emblem character discussion.

Staph Lynfection, GonoRoyea, or Chromic Fatigue Syndrome?

If more FE talk and all these puns are making your heart ache, you may have Annagina.

I'll be here all week.

We should totally talk about which Poxmon should get in and replace Leprocario.

Zoroanthrax, Dengue Sylvirus, or Genesalmonella?

If more Pokémon talk and all these puns are giving you fever, chills or fatigue, you may have Mewtuberculosis.

This is fun!

D

Deleted member

After seeing this:

I'm kind of really wanting B. Shadow taking Ganondorf's cloned moves while making his punch into the shape of a bull now. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Now that I think of it, I wonder if Black Shadow's initials being B.S. was intentional.....

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It holds true that Lucario has popularity, no one doubts that. It's just he's the most likely rep from pokemon to be replaced, since he's kinda in that "FoM position". I wasn't trying to doubt what he was saying, just interpret what was said.
He's the most likely to be replaced, because of Gen 6 and Mewtwo. Those are the ONLY reasons.

Moving to another subject:

Just for fun, here are my Starter Predictions

D

Deleted member

On another note, I found that old video from GameTrailers from 2008 that had the Forest Mushroom music from Japanese Brawl. The one I said before sounded like it was a Mario Paint remix used on a Custom Stage designed like a Mario Paint face with Mario and Yoshi fighting.
It was reuploaded in 2011.
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/5yl1le/super-smash-bros--brawl-ssbb-mario-vs-yoshi

However, something I learned about it:
It turns out, it's fake.
The music was edited in the video (this was before even music hacks were possible), as the song used on the stage itself is the "Opening/Ending (Super Mario World)" song when you look at the song name at the stage intro (in Japanese, of course).
Apparently, the music and face together was an odd Japanese meme, and someone in Japan decided it would be funny to make a video about it in Brawl.

So all these years, I thought I was crazy that I was somehow the only one here that knew what the scrapped Mario song sounded like, just to find out it was all a joke. -_-

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
CORN FOR SSB4
All this Corn talk reminds me of this: =P
Untitled-3.png

Or are you referring to this Corn?

Also, if Black Shadow gets in, one of his special moves should be that dark electricity thing that he did to Captain Falcon in one of F-Zero GX's story mode cutscenes.

He's the most likely to be replaced, because of Gen 6 and Mewtwo. Those are the ONLY reasons.

I think Sherrif and K.Rool should be unlockable, and maybe Palutena or Chrom, but I'm not sure about them.

On another note, I found that old video from GameTrailers from 2008 that had the Forest Mushroom music from Japanese Brawl. The one I said before sounded like it was a Mario Paint remix used on a Custom Stage designed like a Mario Paint face with Mario and Yoshi fighting.
It was reuploaded in 2011.
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/5yl1le/super-smash-bros--brawl-ssbb-mario-vs-yoshi

However, something I learned about it:
It turns out, it's fake.
The music was edited in the video (this was before even music hacks were possible), as the song used on the stage itself is the "Opening/Ending (Super Mario World)" song when you look at the song name at the stage intro (in Japanese, of course).
Apparently, the music and face together was an odd Japanese meme, and someone in Japan decided it would be funny to make a video about it in Brawl.

So all these years, I thought I was crazy that I was somehow the only one here that knew what the scrapped Mario song sounded like, just to find out it was all a joke. -_-
Oh my word, I remember watching that on YouTube back then.
That funny sounding remix stayed in the back of my head for years.

What's funny is that the first time I heard the Forest Maze music was in an online game called Zwill, where you play as a mouse with a sombrero and collect cheese. I didn't realize it was from Super Mario RPG until later.

---

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I just thought it was pronounced like that. It really shouldn't bother you as much as it does.

She's still a classic Pokemon like Squirtle. (well, technically she surpasses Squirtle.) She's still relevant though, having an old origin doesn't make y-

wait!!!!!! :idea:

I just realized something, she's a fairy Poke'mon now! She's more relevant than she already was.

She's being exploited in Pokemon X & Y! Guess we can mark her off the removal list :happysheep:

He's not going anywhere.
So you're saying a type addition/change or whatever makes a Pokemon relevant to the series as a whole? Gee guess Magnemite really was important to Pokemon since he gained Steel Type -_-

If you think she's still relevant to Pokemon, quit living in the past haha. She's relevant to Smash, not Pokemon anymore.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Only worth it if Miror B. makes a cameo.
Just add his music and it'll be epic

After seeing this:

I'm kind of really wanting B. Shadow taking Ganondorf's cloned moves while making his punch into the shape of a bull now. :laugh:
You nearly had me going that was real

Nice. I had mine made awhile back but now have to tweak it since Olimar is back as starter

Before anyone ask, I had Wario, Olimar, and Meta Knight changed to unlockables. Since Olimar's back, that pretty much makes me have to change it. :/

D

Deleted member

You nearly had me going that was real
Well, that depends on what you mean as "real".
If you mean, is that a hack, then yes. A hack which does in fact feature the bull replacing the falcon.
If you mean, is that a photoshopped image, then no.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Can someone provide a summary of whatever happened here? :p
People wanted to talk about corn at the same time as people fighting over whether there'd be cuts, again.
Noah spent most of his time arguing by posting more gifs and whining, again.
Golden got herpes from this thread, I started a plague of username/medical term puns.
And then we all just moved on.

The end.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Just add his music and it'll be epic
Nice. I had mine made awhile back but now have to tweak it since Olimar is back as starter

Before anyone ask, I had Wario, Olimar, and Meta Knight changed to unlockables. Since Olimar's back, that pretty much makes me have to change it. :/
I also think Meta Knight could fit more as an unlockable, given the whole "mysterious guy" vibe he emanates. Wario, not so much, I guess.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I may be in the minority, but I liked Miror B's XD theme more than his Colosseum theme.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think Sherrif and K.Rool should be unlockable, and maybe Palutena or Chrom, but I'm not sure about them

---
I don't see why King K. Rool or Palutena should be unlockable, not to mention they probably would be the kind of characters Sakurai would want to advertise on the box and trailers. And Sheriff's status resembles that of Ice Climbers, so I had him as a starter.

So you're saying a type addition/change or whatever makes a Pokemon relevant to the series as a whole? Gee guess Magnemite really was important to Pokemon since he gained Steel Type -_-

If you think she's still relevant to Pokemon, quit living in the past haha. She's relevant to Smash, not Pokemon anymore.
That's a terrible analogy. Don't know why you are comparing her to someone who wouldn't be playable in the first place or ever served an equal status to JigglyPuff. And you're also pretending Magnemite is forgotten. JigglyPuff is still relevant to Pokemon regardless of her new abilities. And stop acting like the past doesn't exist or serve any importance in Super Smash Brothers or gaming in general.

If that were true Mewtwo and Roy probably would've gotten in :p
Ike is more popular than Roy and had 2 installments unlike him and most Fire Emblem characters. Chrom is not more popular and important than Ike. And Mewtwo was a Pokemon, Sakurai always adds the hottest Pokemon. Regardless they were both planned to appear alongside Ike & Lucario.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Concerning unlockable characters, Im hoping we get a very minimal number of characters to start. One large part of SSB that I like is unlocking characters and working towards that full roster. To me, the game has 3 parts. Getting all the characters is a start, then completing all the challenges and events, then getting extremely godly with a few characters after all the experimentation.

The ideal starting roster for me would be the original 12 only, and slowly build towards the full roster, with each character getting increasingly difficult to unlock. Of course, another option would be to include one character from each series, getting the other characters from the same series through adventure mode or something along those lines. The story would jnvolve freeing your companion, fighting your rival, etc.

I just hope unlockable/secret characters stick around

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd be totally satisfied if there were only like 4-6 starting newcomers and the rest were unlockable, in fact I'd prefer it, but I just can't see Sakurai dragging the hype out til likely Q3/Q4 next year without a good amount of newcomers to keep the hype momentum. Not as many as Brawl necessarily had... but I'm guessing we'll probably get at least like five or six more revealed before release. Hopefully I'm wrong though, I'd much prefer to find out about them when I unlock them (or more realistically, when the game leaks in Japan :rolleyes::laugh:).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Don't you all want to NOT find out about the unlockables so you can **** your pants when you see that "A New Foe Has Appeared" Silhouette, but realize everybody on the internet including Sakurai and yourself is gonna spoil it :(

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Don't you all want to NOT find out about the unlockables so you can **** your pants when you see that "A New Foe Has Appeared" Silhouette, but realize everybody on the internet including Sakurai and yourself is gonna spoil it :(
If only I had that amount of self-discipline to not ruin the surprises for myself as soon as the news leaks. :laugh:

I guess it depends on how close together the release dates are this time though, if they aim for a universal release, I might give it a shot... but there will still be leaks before that that will be hard to avoid.

Reznor

work in progress
i'd rather know all the characters so I know how to unlock them

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Villager and Wii Fit Trainer being characters doesn't mean Nintendog and Dr. Kawashima suddenly also become realistic, or even plausible choices.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Do you guys think Nintendog and Dr. Kawashima will happen, I think SSB4 has the time to cut in joke characters since we actually got Wii Fit Trainer.
Don't even consider it.

My DLC Roster

Melee Pack:

Pichu
Dr. Mario
Roy
Lucario

New Pack:

Medusa (Semi-Clone of Palutena)
Donkey Kong Jr (Semi-Clone of Donkey Kong)
Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment
Ray (Custom Robo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom