• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Who is "deserving" in your opinion? I am really curious. The only Pokemon I want is Mewtwo, and he seems like a very likely character. I am not really sure if you are implying that Zoroark should be in the game or what. She is the only Pokemon from Gen 5 that I think has a CHANCE.
It's the first one that comes to mind yes. It's arguing for a 6th gen pokemon that MAY be popular seems ridiculous as no pokemon that even be compared to the stature of Lucario/Zoroark hasn't even been revealed yet. So skipping 5th gen on the somewhat false hope that a 6th gen rep will become more popular should not be considered a good decision. Like I said before, our best hopes for a 6th gen rep are Mewtwo/Jigglypuff.
I don't think Sakarai really cares about representing every generation, just the newest one. I really would have wanted to see a 3rd generation character but I didn't get one.
6th gen would, in a sense, be TOO new to include a character from it. Plus, BW2 was released last year. 5th gen is by no means "old" now.

Morbi

Scavenger
"I forgot to mention that I view Toon Link Super Smash Brothers as Wind Waker Link. His taunt led me to that conclusion. So..."
So it is because of your little idea that you are $hitting on facts? I'm gonna take this from Toon Link's brawl character page, just like golden did.

So with that definintion of toon link...make your on conclusions.
Later on he also says that as a rule, the special attacks are the same. Which further proves things discussed earlier.
And I'm not saying he's not returning either, I have less of an idea about that than I do about other things in the game at this point. I'm also saying they are the same. His liklihood is above me.
Sorry for the continuation of this, I'm being stubborn.

Please dear god no fire emblem, I JUST unloaded the gun :039:

lol Im totally down for a change of subject though. So.....New Series reps? Just list every new rep from a currently unrepresented series you think we will get.

Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Isaac
Lil Mac
Takamaru
possibly one more.
What the hell? I already told you. I think the Toon Link is actually Wind Waker Link. We have a Wind Waker stage in Brawl. We don't have any other Zelda stages from any other games Cat-Eyed Link is from. His taunt is the Baton. It is called the Wind Waker. Toon is just a designation. Sora Ltd. couldn't have called both of them Link without something to distinguish them. So it IS subjective.

Essentially you are calling your opinion a fact... and my opinion excrement. That is fine. That only solidifies the very notion that the premise IS subjective.

Wind Waker Link =/= Spirit Tracks Link

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
6th gen would, in a sense, be TOO new to include a character from it. Plus, BW2 was released last year. 5th gen is by no means "old" now.
I highly doubt it's too new. By the time Smash 4 comes out, it would have been out for a little more than a year, which is about the amount of time 4th gen was out before Brawl.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I don't think Sakarai really cares about representing every generation, just the newest one. I really would have wanted to see a 3rd generation character but I didn't get one.
I don't think Sakurai cares much for Pokemon in general. It feels like he doesn't really do a lot of research in representing the series. Pokemon Trainer rather than Red, Pikachu having a move it isn't supposed to have and a move that doesn't even exist, Pokemon Stadium and Pokefloats as stages rather than in-game locations, Saffron City resembling nothing of what it's based on, multiple of Lucario's and Mewtwo's moves resembling nothing like what they're based off of, Pokemon trophies being a near copy-paste of what's said in their PokeDex entries... It honestly seems like he doesn't care much about the series in the first place, considering how many generic aspects he uses to represent the series rather than specific examples. You honestly can't tell me it's hard to think of movesets and stages for Pokemon based off the game content like it is for Star Fox or F-Zero. Unless it's misspeculation on my part, I really don't think he puts in effort for the Pokemon series.

That said, he does what he wants and what Game Freak says is hot, not much else. Considering how he already has to keep track of several dozen Pokeball Pokemon in addition to the 4+ characters of the series, I could see why.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My prediction for new series representation:
+ = revealed
- = prediction

CHARACTERS:
+Mega Man
+Wii Fit
+Animal Crossing
-Punch Out
-Golden Sun
-Sin & Punishment
-Nazo no Murasame Jo
-Dillon's Rolling Western

STAGES
+Mega Man
+Wii Fit
+Animal Crossing
+Punch Out
-Golden Sun
-Nazo no Murasame Jo
-Sin & Punishment
-Nintendoland
-Balloon Fight/Excite Bike
-Pac Man
-Wii Sports Resort / Pilotwings (Wuhu Island)
-Dillon's Rolling Western

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think Sakurai cares much for Pokemon in general. It feels like he doesn't really do a lot of research in representing the series. Pokemon Trainer rather than Red, Pikachu having a move it isn't supposed to have and a move that doesn't even exist, Pokemon Stadium and Pokefloats as stages rather than in-game locations, Saffron City resembling nothing of what it's based on, multiple of Lucario's and Mewtwo's moves resembling nothing like what they're based off of, Pokemon trophies being a near copy-paste of what's said in their PokeDex entries... It honestly seems like he doesn't care much about the series in the first place, considering how many generic aspects he uses to represent the series rather than specific examples. You honestly can't tell me it's hard to think of movesets and stages for Pokemon like it is for Star Fox or F-Zero. Unless it's misspeculation on my part, I really don't think he puts in effort for the Pokemon series.

That said, he does what he wants and what Game Freak says is hot, not much else. Considering how he already has to keep track of several dozen Pokeball Pokemon in addition to the 4+ characters of the series, I could see why.
It doesn't really matter too much. I feel the same way about the Zelda series and how Sora Ltd. treats it. I mean, if you know a lot about the series... and you are introduced to the watered down version in Smash, of course it is going to feel neglected.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt it's too new. By the time Smash 4 comes out, it would have been out for a little more than a year, which is about the amount of time 4th gen was out before Brawl.
D/P:06 Brawl:08 That's 2 years, and why go with 6th when it has YET to establish a recognizable mascot for it, IF there is one. I'm saying 5th gen would be a safer, more reasonable bet, and waiting to see what happens with 6th gen is really a bad decision development wise, when the roster should already be finalized for the most part by the time whoever gets popular. You're supporting a 6th gen rep but really have no idea who you're supporting.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
What the hell? I already told you. I think the Toon Link is actually Wind Waker Link. We have a Wind Waker stage in Brawl. We don't have any other Zelda stages from any other games Cat-Eyed Link is from. His taunt is the Baton. It is called the Wind Waker. Toon is just a designation. Sora Ltd. couldn't have called both of them Link without something to distinguish them. So it IS subjective.

Essentially you are calling your opinion a fact... and my opinion excrement. That is fine. That only solidifies the very notion that the premise IS subjective.

Wind Waker Link =/= Spirit Tracks Link
Read Toon Link's character page from the dojo man. It says Toon link is the cat eyed cartoony version of link. ST link is this. Just because you think he was only wind waker/ phantom hourglass link, doesn't mean he was. But you do think so, regardless of the game's website stating it is general, so apperantly it is subjective. It's like the grass being green, and somebody saying "Well I think the grass is blue. So that's subjective."

I'm done here dude, we've gone on too far. I respect you though. Btw, dig the username. Morbid altruism.
So perfect together

Morbi

Scavenger
D/P:06 Brawl:08 That's 2 years, and why go with 6th when it has YET to establish a recognizable mascot for it, IF there is one. I'm saying 5th gen would be a safer, more reasonable bet, and waiting to see what happens with 6th gen is really a bad decision development wise, when the foster should already be finalized for the most part by the time whoever gets popular. You're supporting a 6th gen rep but really have no idea who you're supporting.
Sylveon is pretty popular. 6th gen is right around the corner. I am sure we will be getting some established Pokemon. Most Pokemon become popular because the Pokemon Company pushes them. In the case of Lucario, they made him a special egg and put him in the movies. So he felt different. I am sure we will be getting some soon. Most of the popular Pokemon are popular because of their exposure.

However, I do feel like a 5th Gen would be safer.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
D/P:06 Brawl:08 That's 2 years, and why go with 6th when it has YET to establish a recognizable mascot for it, IF there is one. I'm saying 5th gen would be a safer, more reasonable bet, and waiting to see what happens with 6th gen is really a bad decision development wise, when the foster should already be finalized for the most part by the time whoever gets popular. You're supporting a 6th gen rep but really have no idea who you're supporting.
I'm supporting Mewtwo's new form. The only reasonable 5th generation character that I think could be in is Genesect and I don't believe Genesect should replace Lucario. It was actually about a 1 year and 4 months which will be pretty close to 1 year and 3 months if SSB4 is released holiday season.

Morbi

Scavenger
Read Toon Link's character page from the dojo man. It says Toon link is the cat eyed cartoony version of link. ST link is this. Just because you think he was only wind waker/ phantom hourglass link, doesn't mean he was. But you do think so, regardless of the game's website stating it is general, so apperantly it is subjective. It's like the grass being green, and somebody saying "Well I think the grass is blue. So that's subjective."

I'm done here dude, we've gone on too far. I respect you though. Btw, dig the username. Morbid altruism.
So perfect together
Thanks.

I'm supporting Mewtwo's new form. The only reasonable 5th generation character that I think could be in is Genesect and I don't believe Genesect should replace Lucario. It was actually about a 1 year and 4 months which will be pretty close to 1 year and 3 months if SSB4 is released holiday season.
Says the guy with the Hercule emblem. I am a big Dragon Ball Z fan too. So I am going to support Frieza and Superbuu's fusion.

In all seriousness, I don't think Genesect should replace Lucario either. Zoroark would be the better replacement. :troll:

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I've said the only representation 6th gen would get would be Mewtwo/Jigglypuff. I was under the assumption that you were going for some "to be discovered" popular pokemon from X/Y. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Sylveon is pretty popular.
How bout no? But seriously I doubt it making an appearance. Overall Evee would be a better representation in general. Glaceon/Leafeon got their fair share of hype prior to 4th gen release. Aside from being the new fairy type, which Jigglypuff already has, it really doesn't have anything else going for it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I've said the only representation 6th gen would get would be Mewtwo/Jigglypuff. I was under the assumption that you were going for some "to be discovered" popular pokemon from X/Y. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
How bout no? But seriously I doubt it making an appearance. Overall Evee would be a better representation in general. Glaceon/Leafeon got their fair share of hype prior to 4th gen release. Aside from being the new fairy type, which Jigglypuff already has, it really doesn't have anything else going for it.
I think most people want Mewtwo. I also think he is the one we are going to get.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Don't forget Robert's Syndrome. :troll:
It's more of a case of GRC. God Robert's Complex. A dreadful condition, really.
Shall I call the HosPITal for you guys?
Only if I get to ride in the Scatmansberlance. I'd be weary if the driver has Kikwi-Leukemia, however. Or Chronic Kikaru Syndrome.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Only if I get to ride in the Scatmansberlance. I'd be weary if the driver has Kikwi-Leukemia, however. Or Chronic Kikaru Syndrome.

I'll be sure to forward that to the HosPITal. You will get to be in a nice cozy Scatmansberlance driven by a Kikwi-Leukemia or Chronic Kikaru Syndrome free driver. Promise, Oh and you get a free healthy GoldenYuiijuice too. ;)

D

Deleted member

I have been revived as TechnoGolden.
The purpose of my creation is to argue with random people online as method to pass time until Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is released.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ummm no. But frankly you and I both know that smash does implement some characters for pretty much one reason, they're recent. Roy's inclusion was solely for promotional purposes, Ike got in for pretty much that reason Lucario... You know the drill. It is for this reason and this reason alone that someone like Chrom, Lucina or (preferably but less likely imo) Robin or whatever will likely become a higher priority in this game
People do get in for being recent, but they are not prioritized over others for being recent.

I'd say that Genesect has a better chance than she does.
I disagree, and because Gen 5 is not the newest gen, Lucario would get in over both.

Ahem. This thread hasn't given anyone...

Scoliosis?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
So clearly we should be talking about Fever Emblem character discussion.

Staph Lynfection, GonoRoyea, or Chromic Fatigue Syndrome?

If more FE talk and all these puns are making your heart ache, you may have Annagina.

I'll be here all week.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I would have liked to see a Gen 2 Pokemon that wasn't a troll character pre-evolution clone. Just kidding. Meh boy Pichu is a real hard gangsta.
Pichu is the dumbest Smash Character that's ever gotten in. He's a pointless waste of a slot..........but, he's my pointless waste of a slot :awesome:

4th gen isn't either. Your point?
That if you're going to have a Poke'mon that's not NEW or 1st gen, Lucario would be the one. I thought that was pretty self explanatory.

Gune

Smash Lord
4th gen isn't either. Your point?
He who is the one thats was more prominent in gen 5 then Zoroark or Genesect who is still till this day a fan favorite of pokemon fans who is still favored by gamefreak, point is Lucario is at this point and time STILL in a better position than those two no offense just facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom