• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't see the problem with having Toon Ganondorf. I think it's unlikely, and that we'll get a Skyward Sword redesign on him however.
The thing about SS characters is I doubt that design will ever reappear unless there's a sequel to SS. AGAIN the TP desing represents the series as a whole instead of 1 specific game (with the exception of the Toon & CDI games of course.)

Also I noticed that rosters with SS characters have WW Toon Link. Wouldn't SS design's reason being for having been the last game mean Toon Link should be the ST one, meaning Toon Link won't be in the game because that version is on the train.

Also Wii U Zelda is already in development and was originally going to be shown at E3. For all we know it could either be a TP related design or entirely NEW design.

Also Toon Ganondorf would either mean one of the 3 not having the same design as the others or a 2nd Toon rep which I honestly doubt is likely at all because of limitations.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
The thing about SS characters is I doubt that design will ever reappear unless there's a sequel to SS. AGAIN the TP desing represents the series as a whole instead of 1 specific game (with the exception of the Toon & CDI games of course.)

Also I noticed that rosters with SS characters have WW Toon Link. Wouldn't SS design's reason being for having been the last game mean Toon Link should be the ST one, meaning Toon Link won't be in the game because that version is on the train.

Also Wii U Zelda is already in development and was originally going to be shown at E3. For all we know it could either be a TP related design or entirely NEW design.

Also Toon Ganondorf would either mean one of the 3 not having the same design as the others or a 2nd Toon rep which I honestly doubt is likely at all because of limitations.
I don't see how TP design represents all of Zelda. Besides we don't even have TP Link, we have the all-encompassing Link.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm up for Classic Link as the new Toon Link.

Heck, I prefer him even over the current Adult version.

Pegasus Boots sound great. His bow and arrows should create platforms to step on if they stick to walls. Or instead of that, the Cane of Somaria (was it called?) could create a block you can move/throw around.

The Ice/Fire rods would be awesome too, as a dSmash perhaps (alternates between the two, one causes a PK fire effect, the other one freezes for a brief second).

Roc's cape for recovery.
Switchhook instead of hookshot.
Sword Beam for regular attacks if % is at 0.
If you tap B, C.Link pokes with his sword. If he holds B, he performs a spin attack that can deflect projectiles. (Not useable as recovery)

Final Smash: Either Ether, Bombos, Quake, or all of them combined.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I think the design debates are really just to kill time, I don't take part in them a lot because idc what game Link's design is from. But I'm bored, so I think the closest Link model that exists to the one that we have in smash, is the one shown at the tech demo. He looks taller than almost every link, even TP, and has the colors of SS. I would like to see the next LoZ game have this link in it.

Toon Link is part of a stage guys. It's done.
I really doubt we'll get Toon Ganondorf. I even think we might get OOT3D Ganondorf before we get Toon Ganondorf. I think more likely is SSified, Wii Uified, TP Ganondorf though.

All in all, My LoZ roster predictions are:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Young/Classic/Toon Link (circle one)
Hopefully Tingle, otherwise nobody else.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think the design debates are really just to kill time, I don't take part in them a lot because idc what game Link's design is from. But I'm bored, so I think the closest Link model that exists to the one that we have in smash, is the one shown at the tech demo. He looks taller than almost every link, even TP, and has the colors of SS. I would like to see the next LoZ game have this link in it.

Toon Link is part of a stage guys. It's done.
I really doubt we'll get Toon Ganondorf. I even think we might get OOT3D Ganondorf before we get Toon Ganondorf. I think more likely is SSified, Wii Uified, TP Ganondorf though.

All in all, My LoZ roster predictions are:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Young/Classic/Toon Link (circle one)
Hopefully Tingle, otherwise nobody else.
...I'm just going to say...I kinda want Demise. :p

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Yeah That'd be completely awesome. But really no chance.
Maybe, since demise is the original spirit of all the other people throughout the timeline who tried to steal the triforce, and it is his soul inside of them, he could be a Ganondorf final smash!! Anybody? No? Ok understandable. Just some way to play as him, because I doubt he'll be playable. lol

But seriously man. Tingle is the most logical new LoZ addition, unarguably. Even if TL stays this is still the case. He should be extremely likely! Why do I feel as though he is not?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeah That'd be completely awesome. But really no chance.
Maybe, since demise is the original spirit of all the other people throughout the timeline who tried to steal the triforce, and it is his soul inside of them, he could be a Ganondorf final smash!! Anybody? No? Ok understandable. Just some way to play as him, because I doubt he'll be playable.
He probably won't be, but it'd be an interesting way to have a character actually based solely off of Skyward Sword. Not to mention he's part of the history of the series' main villain and is the reason Ganondorf is who he is, which should mean alot. Demise's fighting style would be a really bulky juggernaut sword style, something Ganondorf SHOULD HAVE BEEN. And if we do go back to OoT Ganondorf, he probably won't use a sword, and we don't even know if Ganondorf is in the new Zelda title or where it takes place in the timeline, all we know is that Link's new look may possibly be reminiscent of the new game.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I was just thinking. With all the changing to Bowser's moveset they've made for the better, I have no doubt in my mind Ganondorf will no longer be a clone type character. I cant wait

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If anybody's moves are changed, GET RID OF F.L.U.D.D. It's pointless

Just bring back the Mario Tornado using Galaxy Spin from Super Mario Galaxy.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
We had proof in the E3 2006 Brawl Trailer that Kirby's Hammer was circular like in Melee rather than horizontal like it was in Brawl.

They could change it at any time if they decide.
Well that's true, but aren't all characters built from the ground up this time around? If that's the case, if they wanted to change Mario's fighting moves...wouldn't they have done it while they were making his character? And also, it's not like they got rid of Kirby's Hammer, he still had the Hammer move but it was slightly altered to work differently in the air.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
personally i hope for way more change than just the FLUDD, which i agree is stupid to keep. like give Luigi the Poltergust somewhere, give Diddy the peanut groundpound, give Ganandorf a few moves that not only further differentiate him from Capt Falcon but represent his character better. and change a bunch of final smashes. those are just off the top of my head. i know theres more that bug me tho

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I wish that there was a chance for a TWEWY character to get repped as a 3rd party character. But that ain't gonna happen ever. ;-;

How's that for a new subject? o.o

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't think for a second that Classic Link will be in SSB4. I REALLY, REEEEEAAALLYY doubt Sakurai would switch Toon Link for Classic Link. That's just dumb. It's another "Oh, well that's the newest game" situation.

Toon Link is WAY more unique and different of a character from Normal Link than Classic Link is. Classic Link is like just smaller with different clothes. It just seems SO illogical.

Also don't use OOA & OOS as an excuse, otherwise you might as well just bring back Young Link because OOT3D. Or better keep Toon Link because of Wind Waker HD. Toon Link will still be used in the future and is the more popular choice.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I don't think for a second that Classic Link will be in SSB4. I REALLY, REEEEEAAALLYY doubt Sakurai would switch Toon Link for Classic Link. That's just dumb. It's another "Oh, well that's the newest game" situation.

Toon Link is WAY more unique and different of a character from Normal Link than Classic Link is. Classic Link is like just smaller with different clothes.

Toon Link is WAY more unique and different of a character from Normal Link than Classic Link is. Classic Link is like just smaller with different clothes. It just seems SO illogical.

Also don't use OOA & OOS as an excuse, otherwise you might as well just bring back Young Link because OOT3D.
Also don't use OOA & OOS as an excuse, otherwise you might as well just bring back Young Link because OOT3D and keep Toon Link because of Wind Waker HD. Toon Link will still be used in the future.
..why did you quote yourself? Edit: Nevermind, you edited it out.

Toon Link and Classic Link can BOTH be unique, given the variety of weapons and items found in their games, but Toon Link just has a different appearance.

How is OOA & OOS an excuse?

Yeah, I don't think Classic Link will appear, but It'd be cool if he did... just not as a replacement for Toon Link.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
..why did you quote yourself? Edit: Nevermind, you edited it out.

Toon Link and Classic Link can BOTH be unique, given the variety of weapons and items found in their games, but Toon Link has a much more different appearance.

How is OOA & OOS an excuse?

Yeah, I don't think Classic Link will appear, but It'd be cool if he did... just not as a replacement for Toon Link.
Because it's a re-release of an already existing game.

Also both can have their own moves, but Toon Link is more unique in appearance, as well as his smoke and explosions. Making him prioritized before Classic Link. Seriously Classic Link is too similar.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Uh, okay.

So how the **** are those re-releases of an already existing game?
I'm not understanding you.

The Oracles aren't remakes or re-releases of anything. Those games haven't even been remade.

Are you saying that the Oracles have been on the Virtual Console or something and thus are "recent" and aren't likely to have content in Smash just for being "recent"? (or something like that)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Then I'm not motivated to go further.
Yet you are motivated enough to make alternate accounts to evade bans and then post like that account is simply another member!

guehuehjuehueheuheuehueheuheuhe.

Highly recommending that the people spamming the report feature (again) that they use the ignore button.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yet you are motivated enough to make alternate accounts to evade bans and then post like that account is simply another member!

guehuehjuehueheuheuehueheuheuhe.

Highly recommending that the people spamming the report feature (again) that they use the ignore button.
Mind if I ask what your avatar is?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Toon Link hasn't been deconfirmed due to an appearance of another Link in the stage. Toon Link is a name in Smash specifically referring to WW Link, it does not apply to MC Link, ST Link, FS Link, etc.

However, out of the Zelda newcomers, Classic Link is definitely the most likely (provided that he replaces Toon Link). With the two Links, Sakurai has once stated he believes the importance in having a younger and older Link. If that still applies, Classic Link has a good chance. Classic Link replacing Toon Link makes more sense than any of the other replacements I've seen on prediction rosters

I'm not saying Classic Link is more likely than Toon Link. Far from it. But if anyone was to replace Toon Link, it would probably be Classic Link.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh snap!

Sh*t just got real!

TheCreator

Smash Lord

Also don't use OOA & OOS as an excuse, otherwise you might as well just bring back Young Link because OOT3D. Or better keep Toon Link because of Wind Waker HD. Toon Link will still be used in the future and is the more popular choice.
Alrighty there padre. If Classic Link was a replacement for Toon Link, I severely doubt it would be solely because he is in the newest game. Besides, WWHD comes out after ALBW anyways. If it happens it'll be because he wants to represent a different, older, and lesser known area of the LoZ Series. The Fact that it's getting a reboot does help matters though.
Next, you say these opinions of yours as if they are fact, like you are declaring something. Maybe you don't realize it, so I'm letting you know. Classic Link actually has a much different moveset potential than normal link, even compared to toon link. They are about even, but if ALBW has the same items and such as OOS, OOA and ALTTP, he will actually have MORE of an opportunity to have a unique moveset.
Smaller with different clothes...and a different face and hairdo. So just like Toony? SO illogical omg im urked
Also...OOA and OOS can be used...because they are games with Classic Link.
And you used the correct structure for your last sentence, in ACTUALLY declaring a fact when being declarative, but you should leave the last part out. Because frankly, you have no idea. You are a normal human being and cannot tell the future.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Alrighty there padre. If Classic Link was a replacement for Toon Link, I severely doubt it would be solely because he is in the newest game. Besides, WWHD comes out after ALBW anyways. If it happens it'll be because he wants to represent a different, older, and lesser known area of the LoZ Series. The Fact that it's getting a reboot does help matters though.
Next, you say these opinions of yours as if they are fact, like you are declaring something. Maybe you don't realize it, so I'm letting you know. Classic Link actually has a much different moveset potential than normal link, even compared to toon link. They are about even, but if ALBW has the same items and such as OOS, OOA and ALTTP, he will actually have MORE of an opportunity to have a unique moveset.
Smaller with different clothes...and a different face and hairdo. So just like Toony? SO illogical omg im urked
Also...OOA and OOS can be used...because they are games with Classic Link.
And you used the correct structure for your last sentence, in ACTUALLY declaring a fact when being declarative, but you should leave the last part out. Because frankly you have no idea. You are a normal human being and cannot foretell the future.
You gotta take peoples opinions with a grain of salt. Many many people word the opinions as facts, not all do it on purpose though. Even if it is worded as fact just take it as a opinion still. Besides I think I've seen you post your opinions as facts a couple of time also... everyone does it at some point...though I might be mistaking you for someone else. lol

TheCreator

Smash Lord
You gotta take peoples opinions with a grain of salt. Many many people word the opinions as facts, not all do it on purpose though. Even if it is worded as fact just take it as a opinion still. Besides I think I've seen you post your opinions as facts a couple of time also... everyone does it at some point...though I might be mistaking you for someone else. lol
I have, I'm sure. And yeah yeah....I know. It's just I've seen Noah do it quite a few times since he's been here and I had to let him know that It can be unpleasant. Nothing against him, just saying. We're all pals here

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmmmm...maybe, I'll give it some thought. Classic Link isn't exactly the character I want the most, that's obviously Ridley and Mewtwo...and Sylveon. There are alot of things to take from Classic Link to make the first truly unique second-Link.

Pwrsonally, I only want a Second Link if he is going to be mostly unique. Otherwise they should give the roster spot to someone else.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I always thought the brawl toon link never properly represented The Wind Waker TL. Maybe change his moveset in addition to Ganondorf's.
I think that there should be these reps for the Zelda series:

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf (Give him a sword and tweak his moveset)
Toon Link (Change moveset a little)
Toon Zelda/Tetra.

Toon Zelda and Tetra could be different from normal Zelda and Shiek. Also I'd be okay with Classic Link or Tingle as a 5th Zelda Rep. I think TL will still be in though.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I want demise alot because he is the next most important character to the entire series.
Couldn't you argue that Hylia is just as important? Not that I'm looking to get into any specifics...

On an entirely unrelated note, if Wario did warrant having a second representative in Smash Bros., who would seem ideal? Jimmy for seniority? Ashley out of popularity? Syrup out of representing a different side of the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom