• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Mona is the other character I WANT to get in.
Fixed.

I think that fits a little better.
Again, wanting a character doesn't make them likely. A less obscure Wario Ware character is what it should be. For example the more iconic 9-Volt and his Video Game Peripherals. Captain Syrup is more of a request.

may I ask why
also the best Wario Ware charcters are Dribble and Spitz so they should be in Smash Bros 4
Because 9-Volt is one of the more iconic and has several Video Game peripherals he can use as moves.

But, I think it should just be Wario.

FourStar

Smash Ace
He said that they aren't planning any DLC as of right now, but that he's open to the idea. Right now he just needs to focus on the game's launch content.
no i'm pretty sure i saw that he said he doesn't plan on DLC ever to happen at all

josh bones

Smash Lord
Again, wanting a character doesn't make them likely. A less obscure Wario Ware character is what it should be. For example the more iconic 9-Volt and his Video Game Peripherals.
How is 9-volt more iconic? Syrup represents Wario Land, while Jimmy is more iconic in Wario Ware. Main Villain> one of Wario's employees

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah...

9-Volt isn't as iconic as Jimmy T (who's suprisingly popular) and the main female lead of the franchise, Mona.

How is he more iconic?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Waluigi is as unlikely as Skull Kid and Midna from the previous discussions. I would be shocked if he made it into the game. I believe we will get Toad, Bowser Jr. and Daisy before Waluigi.
The way I would say it:

Waluigi is more likely than Skull Kid, but Midna is not likely at all. I think we will get Paper Mario, Bowser Jr, Toad, or Waluigi before Daisy.

How is 9-volt more iconic? Syrup represents Wario Land, while Jimmy is more iconic in Wario Ware. Main Villain> one of Wario's employees
9-Volt is just as iconic as Jimmy T., difference is he'd have better moves.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...

9-Volt isn't as iconic as Jimmy T (who's suprisingly popular) and the main female lead of the franchise, Mona.

How is he more iconic?
Being Female doesn't mean anything. And 9-Volt is pretty dang close to Jimmy T.

Let the arguments of the characters people want, being more iconic begin :facepalm:

Reznor

work in progress
Oh boy...here we go again...

I'm just going to pull out a book and pass the time until the upcoming pages of 9-Volt arguments are done with. Can I interest anyone in a copy?
what kind of book we talking about :bubblebobble:

Let the arguments of the characters people want, being more iconic begin :facepalm:
I want Dribble and Spitz but even I know Jimmy T. is more iconic

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What did I just do
Jimmy has TEH POWER OF DANCING while 9-volt has tossing toys. Who has the better moves to choose from?
9-Volt has NES Zappers as well as ANY Nintendo peripheral or console he wants. And Jimmy just dances, meaning his moves would just be normal Smash Attacks.

I like how you phrased this as a phone company commercial would.

This is At&t's speed: III

And THIS is Verizon's speed: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Which one's better???

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Female wasn't the word you should have looked at.

The word was "Lead."

She's Wariowario's Peach/Zelda. Or at least the closest thing to it.

Noah. Have you considered something? If you are the only person who says something, maybe its you who's being biased.

I honestly hope Warioware gets no new representation. I don't want Mona at all. But I can tell that she'd be in first. That or Jimmy T if we got lucky. 9-volt is one of my favorite characters in Warioware. His microgames are the best. Still, that doesn't make him more iconic than the people who are overall more important or famous in the franchise.

Reznor

work in progress
It's a magical book that becomes whatever you want it to, comes with a free set of armor so you too can read while wearing full armor. :p
so I can turn my book into anything ........... i'll turn my book into Sakurai and force him to hear all my Smash bros wish lists :demon:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
May I have a book as well? :3

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Female wasn't the word you should have looked at.

The word was "Lead."

She's Wariowario's Peach/Zelda. Or at least the closest thing to it.

Noah. Have you considered something? If you are the only person who says something, maybe its you who's being biased.
Considering Smash Noobs make up the majority of Smashfans in the world, NO. It's been made pretty clear most smashfans don't know what they are talking about and are blinded by what they want which keeps them from predicting what would actually happen. I think if everyone agreed on 9-Volt that might mean he's a BAD idea.

Although Smash boards has a lot of smart smash fans it's certainly not the majority.

Also in Nazi Germany, few people believed what was being done is wrong. Oh, but the majority didn't so they must be right.

Also please explain what makes her the peach/zelda of Wario Ware.

Reznor

work in progress
That'd be a little awkward if you can't understand Japanese though. :p

But of course. :grin:
ok I turn the book into a Sakurai that speaks english and just to be a **** only speaks english

and to stay on topic
what do you think are the chances we will be getting a Yoshi villain

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Considering Smash Noobs make up the majority of Smashfans in the world, NO. It's been made pretty clear most smashfans don't know what they are talking about and are blinded by what they want which keeps them from predicting what would actually happen. I think if everyone agreed on 9-Volt that might mean he's a BAD idea.

Although Smash boards has a lot of smart smash fans it's certainly not the majority.

Also in Nazi Germany, few people believed what was being done is wrong. Oh, but the majority didn't so they must be right.

Oh god, the self righteousness... it's... overpowering.

Also, thanks for proving Godwin's Law in A SMASH BROS FORUM.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Are we smash noobs though? No? Didn't think so.

I was talking about here.

Going to extremes huh. :rolleyes: The citizens of Nazi Germany who believed Hitler was wrong was a decent sized chunk of the population. Not the majority but not too small either. You on the other hand are the ONE and ONLY person saying this. To go to extremes (which you love to do :awesome: ) that would be that one crazy guy who believed Hitler was the second coming of Mohamed (however its spelled). One person does not make a minority.

-Main female character
-Been there since beginning
-Been in every Wario Ware game to date
-Arguable romantic interest for Wario
-Always second group of games in the series
-Important to the plot (at least what Warioware has)
-used to promote the series more than anyone not named Wario and Jimmy T.
Just some off of the top of my head.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
but we are getting a new Yoshi game so it might be higher than zero
close to zero though :(
It personally all depends on whether or not the rumors of a new playable character in Yarn yoshi being true or not, because if it is, then that character can go in so that Yoshi's not alone again. Also, I'm only supportive of this if Metroid gets a second rep first.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Mr.Satan for SSB4!:awesome:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Wut? he's far more likely than Midna or Skull Kid.

Toad and Bowser Jr.deserve to get in before him, yes, but Daisy? I don't think so.
Daisy actually appears in a Mario game, has been in more sports/party games than Waluigi, and is popular at least with Nintendo because they stick her all over the place. I can see her getting in before Waluigi. Neither are really deserving.

Reznor

work in progress
It personally all depends on whether or not the rumors of a new playable character in Yarn yoshi being true or not, because if it is, then that character can go in so that Yoshi's not alone again. Also, I'm only supportive of this if Metroid gets a second rep first.
its a yoshi game 2 player will probably just be different color yoshis
agreed Metroid needs another rep

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
On the subject of a Yoshi villain, the prime choice would be Kamek. And that would be amazing.

Sadly, I don't think that's gonna happen. :(

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I keep explaining this.
Jigglypuff was towards the end of character data after R.O.B. along with other veterans Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario, as well as Newcomers Toon Link, Wolf, Toon Zelda/"Toon Sheik", and theoretically, "pra_mai". If she was not low priority, she would be inbetween Ness and Bowser in the data instead.
This meant that she was among the expendable characters if time would not allow for everyone planned.
And no, being "easy to make" is not an excuse. Mr. Game & Watch was pretty much the easiest character to make in the series, and he was still among the higher-priority veterans rather than with Jigglypuff and co.
Original 12 is a legit argument. I'd say she was originally supposed to axed from melee along with the other characters mentioned, but was included anyway. I'd say there's no going back now, and its too early to assume she'll be low priority in the next smash. Jiggs is going nowhere.
Other than face structure, the SF characters are pretty much original design.
Was gonna provide an image set, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to collapse in the "spoiler tab" #n00b So I'll just say: New Boots. Waist strap. This is pretty much where the originality ends with Fox/Falco. Like I said, Wolf is a different case, and the limitations on the DS may or may not have required simpler character models to be used. The other details implemented were mostly likely due to 1.Brawl's realistic style 2. The Starfox series not having many recent games before Brawl's release. Your other example Pit who, along with the Starfox Trio, has not gotten consistent design/game releases unlike Waluigi who has maintained his look in whatever Mario game he appeared in, making that argument unusable.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
its a yoshi game 2 player will probably just be different color yoshis
agreed Metroid needs another rep
Well, actually, there was rumors of a character by the name of "Debu" or something like that. I'm unsure if it was ever deconfirmed, but it's better than nothing. That or they could take the cheap route and put in Yarn Yoshi as a separate character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Are we smash noobs though? No? Didn't think so.

I was talking about here.

Going to extremes huh. :rolleyes: The citizens of Nazi Germany who believed Hitler was wrong was a decent sized chunk of the population. Not the majority but not too small either. You on the other hand are the ONE and ONLY person saying this. To go to extremes (which you love to do :awesome: ) that would be that one crazy guy who believed Hitler was the second coming of Mohamed (however its spelled). One person does not make a minority.

-Main female character (because she's a female)
-Been there since beginning (so has (9-Volt)
-Been in every Wario Ware game to date (So has 9-Volt)
-Arguable romantic interest for Wario (That's ridicolous/Because she's female)
-Always second group of games in the series (Meaning>)
-Important to the plot (at least what Warioware has)
-used to promote the series more than anyone not named Wario and Jimmy T. (So is (9-Volt)
Just some off of the top of my head.
All your reasons were either because she's female or something that applies just as well if not more for 9-Volt. Also everybody says they WANT these characters.

If everybody says that Dribble & Spitz is more likely than 9-Volt and gives no reason why that doesn't make them right because it's a minority.

Also you continue to believe that if something is not agreed upon by Smashboards that whoever posted ever is the only one, where as there are plenty of other sites. Anybody can join smashboards so that doesn't make them better.

Also people deny Dry Bowser only because they don't care for it and continued to simply contradict his obvious importance and relevance/recurrence as a Dry Bowser transformation saying the 8 titles he was in meant nothing simply because they said so. Another case of what people think should getting in the way of what would.

Skull Kid and Ninten have been agreed upon by some on Smashboards.

If I was the one and only person supporting Wii Fit Trainer, that doesn't mean jack. Also 50 people agreeing on something with no logic against 1 person using logic doesn't mean jack for them either.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
All your reasons were either because she's female or something that applies just as well if not more for 9-Volt. Also everybody says they WANT these characters.

If everybody says that Dribble & Spitz is more likely than 9-Volt and gives no reason why that doesn't make them right because it's a minority.

Also you continue to believe that if something is not agreed upon by Smashboards that whoever posted ever is the only one, where as there are plenty of other sites. Anybody can join smashboards so that doesn't make them better.

Also people deny Dry Bowser only because they don't care for it and continued to simply contradict his obvious importance and relevance/recurrence as a Dry Bowser transformation saying the 8 titles he was in meant nothing simply because they said so. Another case of what people think should getting in the way of what would.

If I was the one and only person supporting Wii Fit Trainer, that doesn't mean jack. Also 50 people agreeing on something with no logic against 1 person using logic doesn't mean jack for them either.
Heeyy Kirby, have you ever, met a knight? :awesome:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, if we're basing the priority of characters off of the ordering of their data, that would give a lot more credence to the theory that series receive characters in the order of 'protagonist, sidekick, villain, sidekick.' People always claim the theory doesn't work because the likes of Bowser/Peach and Zelda/Ganondorf were added simultaneously, but the data suggests otherwise (and Ganondorf was a last-minute addition anyways).

Reznor

work in progress
Well, actually, there was rumors of a character by the name of "Debu" or something like that. I'm unsure if it was ever deconfirmed, but it's better than nothing. That or they could take the cheap route and put in Yarn Yoshi as a separate character.
Debu is kind of a cool name hope the rumors are true

mimgrim

Smash Hero

That's all I had to say on the matter. Don't mind me to much. :S

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman

The real question is: Do we really NEED another Wario rep at all? I mean idk much about the games in general, but I'd say they're more deserving franchises who need reps, rather than tack on Mario sub-series derived characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom