• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't see why we should have Toon Ganon in ssb5 if he's only appeared in one game
*sigh* I'm not saying any of this is likely to happen, excpet for the Toon Zelda&Tetra if we keep Toon Link. e_e Being in more games is a helpful factor but not all deciding it just give characters better odds but again I'm not saying Toon Ganondorf would be likely or anything. I only say Toon Zelda is likely IF we keep Toon Link. e_e

Three pairs of clones. Delightful. :ohwell:
"Clones" can in all honest be debated. But in this sense it kinda makes sense to an extent, however I'm sure Tetra would keep Toon Zelda from being a clone. Toon Ganondorf could use swords for his moveset, but you never know. :/

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I meant "clone" as in "incarnation". Tetra is clearly not a ninja and Toon Ganondorf is easily different. We don't need multiple Toon characters. We only need one. It'll get stale if we overdo it. That was what I was getting at.
I don't think it would get stale. I would enjoy it in all honesty. All of that is very subjective though. :/

Is Toon Ganondorf the best representation for Zelda?
No, pigs are. x.x

EDIT - Ugh sorry for double post. e_e

D

Deleted member

Guys.
New WFT style character.

Prof. Kawashima from Brain Age.

He's got floating hands, don't worry. :troll:

Oh, and his Final Smash: Devilish Training. :awesome:

Wii Fit Trainer trains your body, Prof. Kawashima trains your mind.
Together, they work to create the ideal being.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wait.... There was a Toon Link discussion and no one used the Spirit Train argument??? Or did I just miss it somehow?

Gee we are improving...

Ah well, if Toon Link returns I can see Sakurai including Toon Zelda as well if she really was planned for Brawl. Just hope Tetra comes along with her.

Edit: Oh we are talking about Kawashima now?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Guys.
New WFT style character.

Devil Kawashima looks like he is ready to grab Wii Fit Trainer's melons. :S

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Guys.
New WFT style character.

Well hello new head-canon.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I honestly don't think anyone in their right mind would mind Impa, unless there reason for minding Impa is wanting a different Zelda character instead... I guess. :p
This is ENTIRELY why I would mind Impa. She's no place before Tingle, who has had just as many game appearances if not more, and a series of his own. Along with my being a member of his fanbase.
Edit: lol

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Okay, Toon Zelda WAS possible. But, Toon Ganondorf is really pushing it. There's too many things wrong with that.

Also I see TP design to be the only sensible design. It's modern and it represents more than 1 form of the characters (unlike SS). Not to mention there is no SS Ganondorf. It makes no sense to have a character use the design from 1 series while the other character uses another, unless that's the point of the character like Toon Link.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Nope. If you readed the Toon Link trophy, you will see it refers to him specifically as the Link from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass which is the same. There is no evidence that this also refers to the Links from Four Swords Adventures, Four Swords, Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks (which came out AFTER Brawl.)
If you're going to get technical you're right. But let's look at it this way, shall we?
Each different link that has been playable in LoZ represented a different timeline. Say in melee, adult link is the quinessential link and represents the hero of time, and the link before the split in timelines.
Child link is that of Majora's Mask and represents the child's timeline after the hero of time is victorious. Toon Link is a generic representative, of the adult timeline after the hero of time is victorious. They all look like him. If spirit tracks had been out at the time of brawl's release, it would be listed as well.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Okay, Toon Zelda WAS possible. But, Toon Ganondorf is really pushing it. There's too many things wrong with that.

Also I see TP design to be the only sensible design. It's modern and it represents more than 1 form of the characters (unlike SS). Not to mention there is no SS Ganondorf. It makes no sense to have a character use the design from 1 series while the other character uses another, unless that's the point of the character like Toon Link.
I want a second Ganondorf so we can have clone/semi-clone "Captain Ganon" using dark magic attacks, and a sword-wielding Ganon with a new original moveset. It's not gonna happen, but I can dream, right?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't see the problem with having Toon Ganondorf. I think it's unlikely, and that we'll get a Skyward Sword redesign on him however.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Isn't there anything else to talk about rather than a daily Zelda discussion that usually ends up with frustration and annoyance. There really isn't anything to talk about that we've literally come full circle this fast?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Isn't there anything else to talk about rather than a daily Zelda discussion that usually ends up with frustration and annoyance. There really isn't anything to talk about that we've literally come full circle this fast?

I don't see how the Zelda discussions are annoying to me. (so far) I found the Skull Kid argument last week to be entertaining.
Maybe we could keep talking about a second Ganondorf character?

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I tried to insert a picture of the cool ass looking link from LoZ:ALBW, but it didn't work.
I really think this guy can make an appearance. Can. Do I think he will? I have no idea. I can't say a logical prediction because I really want the character to show up. But ever since I saw Toon Link as part of that stage, I was like "This Guy. Classic Link"

Also, how likely do you fellows consider Tingle? I mean...he's such an obvious next in line character for LoZ yet so underlooked and unlikely. It's crazy...and sad.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To be honest... and ever since Brawl days, the cycle goes:

Zelda <> Fire Emblem <> Pokemon

Back and forth, back and forth.

Of the 3 I only enjoy Pokemon talk, to an extent. But credit is given where credit is due, at least now there's been a lot of WTF and Retro talk. :)

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
If you're going to get technical you're right. But let's look at it this way, shall we?
Each different link that has been playable in LoZ represented a different timeline. Say in melee, adult link is the quinessential link and represents the hero of time, and the link before the split in timelines.
Child link is that of Majora's Mask and represents the child's timeline after the hero of time is victorious. Toon Link is a generic representative, of the adult timeline after the hero of time is victorious. They all look like him. If spirit tracks had been out at the time of brawl's release, it would be listed as well.
Let's just way until Sakurai confirms if Toon Link also represents Spirit Tracks then.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I tried to insert a picture of the cool *** looking link from LoZ:ALBW, but it didn't work.
I really think this guy can make an appearance. Can. Do I think he will? I have no idea. I can't say a logical prediction because I really want the character to show up. But ever since I saw Toon Link as part of that stage, I was like "This Guy. Classic Link"

Also, how likely do you fellows consider Tingle? I mean...he's such an obvious next in line character for LoZ yet so underlooked and unlikely. It's crazy...and sad.

You're welcome. And yes I do think he can appear...hoping for that Side + B Pegasus Boost.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
personally im all for Tinlge. he'd be a fun addition in my opinion and his inclusion isnt unwarranted in any way imo. people over estimate his hatebase tho, making it seem way larger than it really is.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom