• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
As one of the only fossils? Yes. He is. Not more so than Eevee. He is one of the more important Pokemon though. To argue differently would be crazy.
come to think about it I don't think ANY fossil pokemon has been a pokeball pokemon. Though, to be fair I'm pretty sure in pokemon stadium 2 on the rock stage it shows a reference to them with their fossils... But those guys are now on my pokeball wishlist :D

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I see what you are getting at. You are under the impression that I do not understand your perspective, I do. It isn't new or unique. It is almost everyone's. I am offering a new perspective. There is always the possibility that something new and unique will happen. Something does every smash game... That is ALL I am saying.

Skull Kid placed quite high on a poll. Vaati? Not so much. The demand isn't there. He is important... sure. That doesn't mean he will get in. Black Shadow is important to F-Zero. He isn't in yet. Ridley is important to Metroid (arguably the only important character missing). So just because Vaati is important... doesn't mean he will get in. I actually think his popularity is a little over-rated. Tingle and Impa? They actually have some traction.
Remember that big giant roster that oine person posted a couple pages back based on most popular characters to get into Smash4? I believe Vaati was circled in red along with Kid, so that right there is saying something on popularity I think thoug Kid might have been in gold I don't quite remember and am to lazy to go look. But the popularity is still there for him. I honestly have no personal opinion on Vaati myself. I'm just saying that he seems to have a better chance compared to popular one time characters that are more popular then him, though still popular himself. I'm not saying he's a shoe in or anything, just that he has better odds overall. I am still rooting for Toon Zelda&Tetra myself. :L

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Perhaps, but do remember that even with a new forme, it's still Mewtwo overall, not a brand-new pokemon. I'd also like to add that Sakurai likes representing the Pokemon series overall rather than what's recent, which leads me to believe that Mewtwo will be represented in the forme he's best known in, which is his original look. But hey, I might be wrong, but I do feel as if the Eevee family is important enough to the franchise to represent in Smash, and having pretty much nothing from the Eevee family, not even a pokeball pokemon, is kind of insulting.

That always was a headscratcher for me, the Eevees are very popular and relatively important to the franchise and yet they only get one trophy dedicated to them. That's really strange...

volbound1700

Smash Master
I honestly would love Midna/Wolf Link and Skull Kid to be in Smash. Both would have unique movesets (something Sakurai likes to have) and would be very popular. Both also come from top Zelda games.

Impa/Tingle/Vaati are in more than one game but none of their games can touch MM or TP in popularity or quality of the game.

Midna is popular enough to merit her own link i wikipedia under the list of top Zelda characters. (I know this isn't a major point but it is noteworthy).

Morbi

Scavenger
Remember that big giant roster that oine person posted a couple pages back based on most popular characters to get into Smash4? I believe Vaati was circled in red along with Kid, so that right there is saying something on popularity I think thoug Kid might have been in gold I don't quite remember and am to lazy to go look. But the popularity is still there for him. I honestly have no personal opinion on Vaati myself. I'm just saying that he seems to have a better chance compared to popular one time characters that are more popular then him, though still popular himself. I'm not saying he's a shoe in or anything, just that he has better odds overall. I am still rooting for Toon Zelda&Tetra myself. :L
Yeah. Master Chief, Wreck It Ralph, Goku, and a few other random third-party characters were also circled. That list didn't mean anything. That was just someone's empirical data.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Impa/Tingle/Vaati are in more than one game but none of their games can touch MM or TP in popularity or quality of the game..
Pretty sure, Tingle was in MM and WW both of which I'd put above TP.
Vaati was in Minish Cap, probably the MOST underrated Zelda game in existence.
And Impa was in OoT which, again I feel is better than TP.

But really, we shouldn't bring opinions into this.

Morbi

Scavenger

1. Tingle is super important. There is no denying that. MM and WW are WAY above TP.
2. Minish Cap is underrated. That is why Vaati doesn't have the traction he deserves. That is obviously beside the point.
3. Impa was also in SS... which I would put about TP.

volbound1700

Smash Master

TP beats WW and MM in overall ratings for all gaming magazines/sources (Famitsu, IGN, Gamespy, etc.) and in sales. So you must be basing it on Personal Opinion. Also Skull Kid's role in MM > Tingle's any day of the week.

If you look at the table on game ratings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_Zelda_series

Gamecube Twilight Princess has the 2nd highest Gameranking after original N64 OOT. Wii TP is ranked 3rd overall after N64 OOT and GC TP.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yeah. Master Chief, Wreck It Ralph, Goku, and a few other random third-party characters were also circled. That list didn't mean anything. That was just someone's empirical data.
That list was just based on what people want. And just because people want those characters for Smash, no matter how unlikely it is or ludricous it sounds, it shouldn't take away it validivity when it had allot of other characters that are more likely and highly wanted. It still shows how characters are popular still. I don't see why just because it has some ludicrous characters on it takes away from showing how other characters are popular or not. e_e

Morbi

Scavenger
That list was just based on what people want. And just because people want those characters for Smash, no matter how unlikely it is or ludricous it sounds, it shouldn't take away it validivity when it had allot of other characters that are more likely and highly wanted. It still shows how characters are popular still. I don't see why just because it has some ludicrous characters on it takes away from showing how other characters are popular or not. e_e
Treating empirical data as evidence? What the living? Toto... we aren't in Kansas anymore!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I see what you are getting at. You are under the impression that I do not understand your perspective, I do. It isn't new or unique. It is almost everyone's. I am offering a new perspective. There is always the possibility that something new and unique will happen. Something does every smash game... That is ALL I am saying.

Skull Kid placed quite high on a poll. Vaati? Not so much. The demand isn't there. He is important... sure. That doesn't mean he will get in. Black Shadow is important to F-Zero. He isn't in yet. Ridley is important to Metroid (arguably the only important character missing). So just because Vaati is important... doesn't mean he will get in. I actually think his popularity is a little over-rated. Tingle and Impa? They actually have some traction.
Skull Kid would be considered before Giriham. But, more so Tingle would be.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Hey guys, pardon me, but I believe we may have a topic on our hands:

What the hell is that? It looks something like Pikachu's Volt Tackle but is too small. It looks like Light Magic to be honest...a possible Palutena leak perhaps? :p
Well there is a pose in Wii Fit called the Solar Salutation, and she's doing that exact same pose.

and the image is back online at the main site so I doubt it's an unintentional leak.

Also Hotfeet, you should make a Sylveon thread.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well there is a pose in Wii Fit called the Solar Salutation, and she's doing that exact same pose.

and the image is back online at the main site so I doubt it's an unintentional leak.

Also Hotfeet, you should make a Sylveon thread.
Solar Salutation? I misread it as Solar Saturation in the other thread... lol.

volbound1700

Smash Master
@ Fal Koopa

Also Tingle has a minor role in both WW and MM (he has a bigger role in WW) while Skull Kid is tied to the final villian of Majora and practically the whole story revolves around him. Tingle is simply a map seller in the game/merchant.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Treating empirical data as evidence? What the living? Toto... we aren't in Kansas anymore!
I don't get what your getting at..... That list showed which character were popular for smash.....And he got his data from all over the web based on what people want for the next Smash...... I don't see what your getting at.......

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
TP beats WW and MM in overall ratings for all gaming magazines/sources (Famitsu, IGN, Gamespy, etc.) and in sales. So you must be basing it on Personal Opinion.
I checked Wikipedia.
IGN gave MM 9.9, WW 9.6 and TP 9.5

Do you even research?

Also Skull Kid's role in MM > Tingle's any day of the week.
You can't be serious.
Tingle has been a playable character in TWO goddamn games of his own.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I checked Wikipedia.
IGN gave MM 9.9, WW 9.6 and TP 9.5

Do you even research?

You can't be serious.
Tingle has been a playable character in TWO goddamn games of his own.
FalKoopa, yes I provided a link. The wikipedia source is a conglomerate of multiple media sources and not just IGN.

I cannot even name a game where Tingle has been playable. I guess he is popular in Japan but in most other polls, Skull Kid and Midna crush him. Furthermore, mentioning Tingle's role in other games did not discard my statement that Skull Kid had a FAR MORE important role in Majora's Mask so I am not sure what you are getting at. Perhaps respond to what I am actually saying instead of deflecting :).

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
So ignore the post.
...When you didn't?
I don't get what your getting at..... That list showed which character were popular for smash.....And he got his data from all over the web based on what people want for the next Smash...... I don't see what your getting at.......
I think he's saying that those circles of being "the most popular characters" are more or less opinionated rather than actual fact. He said one of the most universally wanted characters was Goku... Are you about to say that seems legit?

Morbi

Scavenger
You know what. In my experience everyone loves Majora/Skull-Kid. The only requests from Vaati I have seen are from this thread. I scoured the web too. Everyone wants Skull-Kid. It is strange. I don't even see any other Zelda requests!

Yo dawg. I saw a ghost... and the Lochness monster! THEY ARE REAL. I SAW THEM. While I am at it... Aliens are real too. Tons of people see aliens. Conspiracy!

Do you now see what the problem with treating empirical data as evidence is? It is one of the worst things you can do.

volbound1700

Smash Master
However, if you want to argue appearances.

Skull kid appears in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess. These are arguably the three greatest 3D titles of the Zelda series and best sellers. He plays the villain of one and is a big part of OOT as well.

That is far more ammo than appearing in mediocre selling titles like Tingle has done.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
FalKoopa, yes I provided a link. The wikipedia source is a conglomerate of multiple media sources and not just IGN.

I cannot even name a game where Tingle has been playable. I guess he is popular in Japan but in most other polls, Skull Kid and Midna crush him.
Tingle's Rupee Land & Tingle's Balloon Fight :troll:

Midna will never be playable for reasons that have nothing to do with her appearance in games. She is a dumb idea and also is not deserving. Skull Kid on the other hand is on the same amount of likeliness as Tingle, MAYBE.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I cannot even name a game where Tingle has been playable. I guess he is popular in Japan but in most other polls, Skull Kid and Midna crush him. Furthermore, mentioning Tingle's role in other games did not discard my statement that Skull Kid had a FAR MORE important role in Majora's Mask so I am not sure what you are getting at. Perhaps respond to what I am actually saying instead of deflecting :).
Tingle is important in two games. Skull Kid is in only one. :upsidedown:

And I'm sure you know that popularity isn't the be all, end all factor.
Tingle was important enough to become an Assist Trophy in Brawl. Your precious Skull Kid didn't even have a trophy. :troll:

That is far more ammo than appearing in mediocre selling titles like Tingle has done.
Again, sales DON'T matter.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
You know what. In my experience everyone loves Majora/Skull-Kid. The only requests from Vaati I have seen are from this thread. I scoured the web too. Everyone wants Skull-Kid. It is strange. I don't even see any other Zelda requests!

Yo dawg. I saw a ghost... and the Lochness monster! THEY ARE REAL. I SAW THEM. While I am at it... Aliens are real too. Tons of people see aliens. Conspiracy!

Do you now see what the problem with treating empirical data as evidence is? It is one of the worst things you can do.
On Youtube you almost never see any request for Skull Kid. It's all about that Vaati!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
...When you didn't?

I think he's saying that those circles of being "the most popular characters" are more or less opinionated rather than actual fact. He said one of the most universally wanted characters was Goku... Are you about to say that seems legit?
I wouldn't be surprised honestly, not saying that is actually the case jsut that I wouldn't be surprised, as there are quite allot of peopleout there who want characters like that badly..... But I'm not saying it's legit or anything though.

After finally looking up what empirical data means, I see what you mean. My bad on that part. xD

volbound1700

Smash Master

And I'm sure you know that popularity is't the be all, end all factor.
Tingle was important enough to become an Assist Trophy in Brawl. Your precious Skull Kid didn't even have a trophy. :troll:

Again, sales DON'T matter.

True. As much as I hate the chance of Tingle being in the game, he will likely get in over Skull Kid or Midna although I think both are more important.

If you look at the LoZ wikipedia site (and you can argue against it but Wikipedia is the most popular site for information on the internet) they list LoZ characters and Midna despite having one game appearance makes a list that includes only Link, Zelda, Ganon, Epona, her, and Tingle.

Most fans would accept Midna and Skull Kid over Tingle but the Japanese love Tingle which will be why he is more likely than any other Zelda newcomer IMO.

However, sales and overall popularity indicate that he is not well recieved outside of Japan.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Skull Kid surpasses Vaati by a LOOOOOOONG Shot

Vaati is a PERFECT example showing that appearing in more installments does not always make you more likely than another character.

And I'm sure you know that popularity is't the be all, end all factor.
Barbara had an assist trophy, I guess she's more iconic than Skull Kid now :troll:

Also there were numerous Majora's Mask stickers.

I think you'll find that the trophies in SSBB were limited to people who would be, well.........GOOD Assist Trophies. Also the normal trophies were mostly limited to recent characters (with the exception of a few in the 'OTHER' section as well as anybody who was an assist trophy.) There weren't even any Yoshi trophies besides Yoshi himself and I think Baby Mario.

volbound1700

Smash Master
@ mimgrim, kudos to you for admitting you are wrong about something. I know people on here that are proven wrong on something and will not admit it and keep it going for five-ten pages.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Link, Ganon, Zelda (+ Sheik) are pretty much the necessary choices for The Legend of Zelda, anything else is just ridiculous.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Link, Ganon, Zelda (+ Sheik) are pretty much the necessary choices for The Legend of Zelda, anything else is just ridiculous.
I disagree. I would like to see Smash have more flavor, i.e. add charaters with different styles from popular series.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If you look at the LoZ wikipedia site (and you can argue against it but Wikipedia is the most popular site for information on the internet) they list LoZ characters and Midna despite having one game appearance makes a list that includes only Link, Zelda, Ganon, Epona, her, and Tingle.
Eh, this isn't really a point. I have an account on Wikipedia, and I can just as easily make a page on Ghirahim or Vaati.

EDIT: I think we've come to an agreement though. :)

Morbi

Scavenger
I can see where you are coming from. However, we always get 4. I don't really think we will back track now. I am fairly certain we will be getting another Zelda newcomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom