• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think finally divorcing Sheik from Zelda would be the best thing that could happen to her, and the easiest way to do this would be to add Impa in a separate slot as the "new shiek". (And this is coming from a Sheik main.) Zelda finally grew into her own some in brawl, but with Sheik and Zelda attached to a slot I feel like the devs try to balance them against each other, at the same time as balancing the combo of the two against the rest of the cast. Where if they were separated entirely they could be completely focused on as their own entities.
I actually agree with this. Impa is a pretty important character in the Legend of Zelda franchise, alot more important to the franchise than Sheik. If Skyward Sword Zelda and Impa were paired up, I'd have absolutely no issue with it, and would actually make sense rather than make up a random Sheik for SS Zelda.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It's porbably just a taunt or something like that, maybe even some that is part of the background of the stage. I really doubt it's a leak to Palutena. Don't go looking to deep into the pics Sakurai posts.
I'm telling you all, the Trainer is shooting Solar magic out of her chest!!! ;)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm telling you all, the Trainer is shooting Solar magic out of her chest!!! ;)
So it's "Boob Love"? :p

It's porbably just a taunt or something like that, maybe even some that is part of the background of the stage. I really doubt it's a leak to Palutena. Don't go looking to deep into the pics Sakurai posts.
...I can dream! Who knows, maybe it's a new attack of Pikachu? AKA Electro Ball? That's what it looks like. :ohwell:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So it's "Boob Love"? :p

...I can dream! Who knows, maybe it's a new attack of Pikachu? AKA Electro Ball? That's what it looks like. :ohwell:
It'd be cool if it was a new attack of Pikachu, but I don't think so, I think we've seen all of Pikachu's specials in either pictures or gameplay, POSSIBLY. Quick thing to anyone, though: tomorrow it will be a month since the e3 reveal. Any thoughts if they might do anything?

TheCreator

Smash Lord
No thoughts. Hopes out the ass though.

And while I don't think Impa is important enough to be in smash, and I have my reasons for this, Diddy Kong has made me hate discussing Impa so Im just gonna pass here.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well I'd actually like to say that it isn't out of the realm of possibility, but every other time the new eeveelutions are released at the same time so that they can gain popularity and attention equally instead of having one Favorited over the other. The point I'm trying to say is that if there was a second form, they probably would've released it along with Sylveon. But hey, I could be wrong on that.
Though I personally don't really like eevee/his evolutions I won't deny any characters viability just because I don't like them (I can't deny Diddy's large chance of returning just because I have a distaste for monkeys XD) But yes I will say that sylveon was created as a main selling point for the new fairy type because you know, flabébé isn't going to get us too excited by it self XP (even though I decided I actually really like that guy even though this contradicts my usual taste in pokemon XD) and due to its advertisements it seems obvious that it and it alone is supposed to be the cool new eeveelution, and they're probably not going to be like, "Oh wait we also have Toxeon well tell you about him later but Sylveon's simply more important" but still, frankly as far as I'm concerned Sylveon's getting a cute little pikachu short, Mewtwo's new form is a part of a new movie. This alone makes it a little obvious who's a bit more important XD

Gune

Smash Lord
Low priority =/= definate cut. The reason Jigs is low priority is because it is eseay to create but just because it is low priority doesn't mean it doesn't have one heck of a chance to get into the new game.

Again, we don't know what he means by no cuts. He could mean that vets haven't been cut, it could mean no one on the Brawl roster has been cut yet, or it could mean that the current roster he has, which is "finalized" I might add, hasn't had any cuts yet. None of those scenarios are him lying and are all very likely. Or he could mean something else with the no cuts. Saying it is a sure thing that it means Brawl roster is currently not cut in anyway is 100% false just like saying any of the other scenarios are 100% true. Making the no cuts argument invalid as we don't know what context he means by no cuts.

But again we can't no that for sure, he could just as easily mean something else (like I posted above in this post). Making the whole "no cuts" argument to keep character you really really like from Brawl to stay invalid. That my only problem with that theory or any of the other theories, people trying to use them as concrete evidence that X chacter will stay because Sakruai said "no cuts" and we just assumen he means X when it possibly mean Y or Z to. e_e
No one was using it in that context though, only time people do use it is refute the "replacement pattern" and to show that charecter's like Ike Toon Link and Lucario actually have a chance at coming back, not to autimatically say noone has been cut so my favorite charecter is going to be in and using like that isnt necessarily invalid true he said no cut's have happened and that may have been vague but he was being asked about veterans at the time, so one could assume he ment brawl vets and melee vets the only ones in danger.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hotfeet, please yell at Lucario fans! NOW!
I'm just going to say this...I don't hate Lucario, not in the slightest actually. I've used one at least four different times in both Platinum and Black/White 2, it's an amazing pokemon and one of my favorite 4th Gen pokemon next to pokemon like Weavile and Giratina. However, as great a pokemon as it is, it doesn't feel as if it has enough importance to the franchise to warrant a returning role. I just feel as if Lucario's time has passed, and while it's still somewhat popular, I feel as if there's alot more important pokemon to represent in Smash Bros, and the Eevee family is much more important to the franchise than that of Lucario. I'd also like for there to always be something changing in the pokemon roster when it comes to playable characters, and I think that while Lucario was good back then, now it's time for something new. But hey, I respect your opinion for liking Lucario and I like Lucario too...as a pokemon, just not a Smash Bros character. Maybe it was because Lucario didn't FEEL like a Lucario, but it just didn't fit very well in my opinion. But hey, if you want to continue supporting Lucario, feel free to, it's all up to you. Also, I wouldn't take Noah's statements on how I reply, just because he's ignorant doesn't mean I am. Do what you want, but I just don't feel like supporting Lucario.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I actually agree with this. Impa is a pretty important character in the Legend of Zelda franchise, alot more important to the franchise than Sheik. If Skyward Sword Zelda and Impa were paired up, I'd have absolutely no issue with it, and would actually make sense rather than make up a random Sheik for SS Zelda.

It would be better for Impa to take a fifth Zelda slot than to replace Sheik for the following reasons:

Much like with the backlash of Roy and Mewtwo, cutting Sheik too will create a large backlash, especially being a two-time veteran.

Canon doesn't really matter in Smash, Sheik was still a 'random' transformation for TP Zelda in Smash even though she never appeared in TP (Yeah she had a design but still never appeared in game), Rest never deallt explosive damage, Pikachu can't learn Skull Bash outside of Gen I games, etc.

Impa has more than enough material to differentiate herself from Sheik, thus there is no need for gameplay improvement or diversity of Sheik's established moveset. Instead we can have an additional unique character.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
No one was using it in that context though, only time people do use it is refute the "replacement pattern" and to show that charecter's like Ike Toon Link and Lucario actually have a chance at coming back, not to autimatically say noone has been cut so my favorite charecter is going to be in and using like that isnt necessarily invalid true he said no cut's have happened and that may have been vague but he was being asked about veterans at the time, so one could assume he ment brawl vets and melee vets the only ones in danger.
Except people were using it in that context. >_>

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
If they add other Zelda character I expect it to be either Toon Zelda or Ghirihim. I do not think they will cut Shiek or replace her with Impa. They could just-redesign Shiek.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Though I personally don't really like eevee/his evolutions I won't deny any characters viability just because I don't like them (I can't deny Diddy's large chance of returning just because I have a distaste for monkeys XD) But yes I will say that sylveon was created as a main selling point for the new fairy type because you know, flabébé isn't going to get us too excited by it self XP (even though I decided I actually really like that guy even though this contradicts my usual taste in pokemon XD) and due to its advertisements it seems obvious that it and it alone is supposed to be the cool new eeveelution, and they're probably not going to be like, "Oh wait we also have Toxeon well tell you about him later but Sylveon's simply more important" but still, frankly as far as I'm concerned Sylveon's getting a cute little pikachu short, Mewtwo's new form is a part of a new movie. This alone makes it a little obvious who's a bit more important XD
Perhaps, but do remember that even with a new forme, it's still Mewtwo overall, not a brand-new pokemon. I'd also like to add that Sakurai likes representing the Pokemon series overall rather than what's recent, which leads me to believe that Mewtwo will be represented in the forme he's best known in, which is his original look. But hey, I might be wrong, but I do feel as if the Eevee family is important enough to the franchise to represent in Smash, and having pretty much nothing from the Eevee family, not even a pokeball pokemon, is kind of insulting.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Why do people keep using the no cuts argument. .-. We don't know what he means by no cuts, he could just as easily mean there haven't been any cuts from the already finalized roster they have for ssb4 or something else entirely. .-. If I had to put money on something though it would be that there haven't been cuts on the "finalized" roster yet, we just don't know what the "finalized" roster is yet. But it could just as easily be something else to. Making the argument pretty invalid due to how vague it is. .-.
Welll...... I know there's going to be cuts going on or maybe not going to happen, but we don't really know who's going to get cut. It's MUCH easier to just keep all characters than having to decide which character to cut.

But hey, who bring up the "no cuts" topic?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If they add another Zelda character, I can see it being either Impa, Tingle, or Vaati. All the others don't make much sense to me.
It depends on wethere or not Toon Link stays. If he does end up staying, its plausible that a 5th Zelda character would be Toon Zelda&Tetra. Then after that if Zelda got a 6th (like in the SSB5) one with none of the Toons leaving then it could be Toon Ganondorf to have a full set of "realistic" ones and "goofy" ones. :/

Gune

Smash Lord
I'm just going to say this...I don't hate Lucario, not in the slightest actually. I've used one at least four different times in both Platinum and Black/White 2, it's an amazing pokemon and one of my favorite 4th Gen pokemon next to pokemon like Weavile and Giratina. However, as great a pokemon as it is, it doesn't feel as if it has enough importance to the franchise to warrant a returning role. I just feel as if Lucario's time has passed, and while it's still somewhat popular, I feel as if there's alot more important pokemon to represent in Smash Bros, and the Eevee family is much more important to the franchise than that of Lucario. I'd also like for there to always be something changing in the pokemon roster when it comes to playable characters, and I think that while Lucario was good back then, now it's time for something new. But hey, I respect your opinion for liking Lucario and I like Lucario too...as a pokemon, just not a Smash Bros character. Maybe it was because Lucario didn't FEEL like a Lucario, but it just didn't fit very well in my opinion. But hey, if you want to continue supporting Lucario, feel free to, it's all up to you. Also, I wouldn't take Noah's statements on how I reply, just because he's ignorant doesn't mean I am. Do what you want, but I just don't feel like supporting Lucario.
I can see why swift thought you hated Lucario though most people were counting him cut before ssb4 was even announced even when he was still relevant it's just been a rough road for Lucario fans. I dont agree with alot of your post but in general I have newfound respect for you.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Ghirahim is a one game not so final villain in a series with plenty of the same thing. Plus he's creepy and loved for it while Tingle is creepy and hated for it. I just don't understand. Toon Zelda? I don't even think Toon LINK is returning. And Impa? Not as bad as ghirahim I'll admit. But the princesse's guard? Don't we have that formula in another big series? And it didn't happen there either did it?
Sheik made it BECAUSE she is princess Zelda. Not because she was important or wanted or anything close to that. They had Zelda and said well we COULD make her transform...alright lets do it. Just to do it. They saw Zelda had another form, and thought that would make a cool new thing, so they implemented it.
This is what it seems like anyway, given sheik was a WTF character. Given that, what exactly does Impa have going for her to replace this character, or be in over a character from that series with his own games?

I hope sakurai starts doing updates like he did on dojo, and no more of this picture of the day

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ghirahim is a one game not so final villain in a series with plenty of the same thing. Plus he's creepy and loved for it while Tingle is creepy and hated for it. I just don't understand. Toon Zelda? I don't even think Toon LINK is returning. And Impa? Not as bad as ghirahim I'll admit. But the princesse's guard? Don't we have that formula in another big series? And it didn't happen there either did it?
Sheik made it BECAUSE she is princess Zelda. Not because she was important or wanted or anything close to that. They had Zelda and said well we COULD make her transform...alright lets do it. Just to do it. They saw Zelda had another for, and thought that would make a cool new thing, so they implemented it. Given that, what exactly does Impa have going for her to replace this character, or be in over a character from that series with his own games?

I hope sakurai starts doing updates like he did on dojo, and no more of this picture of the day

Midna and Skull Kid are both better options than any of those and yet they are not popular enough to make it which stinks. Vaati would also be another great pick.

Honestly, I also wouldn't mind just seeing a random villian like Darknut or Moblin which are iconic to the series.

WizKick

Smash Apprentice

To clarify, I was trying to say Zelda doesn't need to be paired up with anyone, and that Impa and Zelda should be in separate slots, and each stand on their own.

Sheik made it BECAUSE she is princess Zelda. Not because she was important or wanted or anything close to that. They had Zelda and said well we COULD make her transform...alright lets do it. Just to do it. They saw Zelda had another form, and thought that would make a cool new thing, so they implemented it.
This is what it seems like anyway, given sheik was a WTF character. Given that, what exactly does Impa have going for her to replace this character, or be in over a character from that series with his own games?

The biggest thing Impa has going for her is that she seems very much like Sheik and at the same time Sheik is no longer relevant, the transition from Sheik to Impa would be painless for devs and players alike, I imagine. (Of course, I hope they'd change one or two things.)

Soz for double post. X_x

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Midna and Skull Kid are both better options than any of those and yet they are not popular enough to make it which stinks. Vaati would also be another great pick.

Honestly, I also wouldn't mind just seeing a random villian like Darknut or Moblin which are iconic to the series.
Ermmmmm both of them are actually popular. o_O But they are just basically one time characters. Though I believe Kid made a small apperance in OoT. But still, saying they are better options is just wrong. Hacing characters who appeared in more then 1 game of the series will always be the better option. Which is why people argue Tingle/Vaati/Impa as they all appeared in more then 1 game. However if Toon Link stays I would say Toon Zelda&Tetra has the best chance of coming in. :/

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

I think Ghirahim is liked for alot more than being creepy, it was mainly because he's one of the first villains in the LoZ franchise to have a likeable personality. He was creepy, he was funny, he was flamboyant, he had alot of likeability. Not to mention he's pretty quote-able and of course...those dance skills...

And it even fits his personality so it's not out of character. But in honesty...I'd want Midna before Ghirahim...I love Midna, she's easily the best partner character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Link in SSB4 isn't Twilight Princess Link. If anything, he is a mix of Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess/ E3 demo Link.

Disagreeing with you =/= ignoring you. That last chunk of your post is applicable to you as well.

Again, stop posting like you know what Sakurai thinks. You don't. I don't. Nobody does.
Meaning Zelda & Ganondorf would be as well, and not SS or OOT only as everybody seems to think.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ermmmmm both of them are actually popular. o_O But they are just basically one time characters. Though I believe Kid made a small apperance in OoT. But still, saying they are better options is just wrong. Hacing characters who appeared in more then 1 game of the series will always be the better option. Which is why people argue Tingle/Vaati/Impa as they all appeared in more then 1 game. However if Toon Link stays I would say Toon Zelda&Tetra has the best chance of coming in. :/
That is a weak argument though. Skull Kid and Midna are WAY more popular. They are also more important to their respective games. A character doesn't need to make multiple appearances to become an icon of the series. If more people want Skull Kid/Midna (which they do) they have better chances than someone who no one really wants but they have made more than one appearance. Just my opinion. If you can link me where Sakurai says that he will choose a character that isn't really wanted over a character that is wanted simply because they made one appearance that would be great. :awesome:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I can see why swift thought you hated Lucario though most people were counting him cut before ssb4 was even announced even when he was still relevant it's just been a rough road for Lucario fans. I dont agree with alot of your post but in general I have newfound respect for you.
Yeah, actually, I was joking about the "hatred" part. :p I expect Lucario to stay for the SSB4 for many reasons, such as what was happening to Mewtwo and Sakurai has promised to not do it again, and the contexts during interviews with Sakurai ("no cuts so far", "do his best to not cut anyone this time", etc).

But then I saw Sylveon in your roster and I thought, O RLY? XD

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
If Toon Link stays in I would have to put my bet on Toon Zelda/Tetra. If not then it's fair game between Ghirahim, Impa and Skull Kid.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Actually...Skull Kid did make another appearance outside of MM and OoT, although it isn't enough to warrant Skull Kid any importance.

Those GODDAMN puppets...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
That is a weak argument though. Skull Kid and Midna are WAY more popular. They are also more important to their respective games. A character doesn't need to make multiple appearances to become an icon of the series. If more people want Skull Kid/Midna (which they do) they have better chances than someone who no one really wants but they have made more than one appearance. Just my opinion. If you can link me where Sakurai says that he will choose a character that isn't really wanted over a character that is wanted simply because they made one appearance that would be great. :awesome:
You see here is where your logic is flawed. Midna and Kid might be more popular, but Imp/Tingle/Vaati are also pretty friggen popular and pretty highly requested as well and with that along with them being in more games gives them a better shot over all. They might not be as popular as Midna and Kid but they certainly have popularity to them and fan demand and have more over all imprtance to the games as a whole then one time characters. Like hers a hypothetical example, lets says X character has 100k fans and only appeared in one game out of say 8 but character Y has 70k fans and has appeared in 5 of the 8 games. Even though character X is more popular he has less importance to the series as a whole then character Y who is less popular but still popular and has more importance to the series as a whole. You see what I'm getting at?

Morbi

Scavenger
You see here is where your logic is flawed. Midna and Kid might be more popular, but Imp/Tingle/Vaati are also pretty friggen popular and pretty highly requested as well and with that along with them being in more games gives them a better shot over all. They might not be as popular as Midna and Kid but they certainly have popularity to them and fan demand and have more over all imprtance to the games as a whole then one time characters. Like hers a hypothetical example, lets says X character has 100k fans and only appeared in one game out of say 8 but character Y has 70k fans and has appeared in 5 of the 8 games. Even though character X is more popular he has less importance to the series as a whole then character Y who is less popular but still popular and has more importance to the series as a whole. You see what I'm getting at?
Of course. That wasn't my point though. My point was that getting in one game isn't relevant until you find me a quote from someone at Sora Ltd. Nobody knows if characters that have appeared in one game don't have a chance. Skull Kid is VASTLY more popular than Vaati. So it doesn't really matter if Vaati appeared a little bit more. Same with Ghirihim vs. Vaati too.

I am mostly attacking Vaati's chances. I don't care about Tingle. I actually wouldn't mind Impa.

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
Of course. That wasn't my point though. My point was that getting in one game isn't relevant until you find me a quote from someone at Sora Ltd. Nobody knows if characters that have appeared in one game don't have a chance. Skull Kid is VASTLY more popular than Vaati. So it doesn't really matter if Vaati appeared a little bit more. Same with Ghirihim vs. Vaati too.

I am mostly attacking Vaati's chances. I don't care about Tingle. I actually wouldn't mind Impa.

I honestly don't think anyone in their right mind would mind Impa, unless there reason for minding Impa is wanting a different Zelda character instead... I guess. :p

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

How is Skull Kid more important than Vaati?

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly don't think anyone in their right mind would mind Impa, unless there reason for minding Impa is wanting a different Zelda character instead... I guess. :p
Apparently a user named Diddy Kong made everyone hate her. It is hard to explain. I wasn't around when it happened. I don't think people mind her as her own character. They just get butt-hurt if you mention that she would be a good replacement for Sheik.

How is Skull Kid more important than Vaati?
I never said that, I said he was more popular. The very notion is subjective anyways. I believe he was the closest to destroying the world in Zelda. So I view him as more important. That is my prerogative. It isn't really based on anything. Majora's Mask was also a really popular home console game. Which in my opinion is more important than a portable game that never really gained much traction outside of the hardcore Zelda fans.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Aside Mother, and to an extent FE, all characters in the roster have appeared in more then 1 game of the series they belong in, excluding games that never got sequals or w/e, in case there are any. But also Mother and FE are entirely different from other games in the roster. But heck it could be argued that FE has always had a character that has appeared in at least 2 games, Marth has 4 while Ike has 2 and Roy made a brief apperance as a baby in the prequal to his game but many would say that it wouldn't count and I see their reasoning for that and ofc all that shiz happened AFTER he was put into Smash. While Mother only has 3 games with each game having different characters each time, correct me if I'm wrong on this, making it different. And to back up FE some more after Marth and Ike they are limited to who they have again but again a differnce between zelda and FE is that FE has different a different MAIN character for most games. Now for LoZ games they always have the same main character, Link. Again, do you see what I am getting at? >_>

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Perhaps, but do remember that even with a new forme, it's still Mewtwo overall, not a brand-new pokemon. I'd also like to add that Sakurai likes representing the Pokemon series overall rather than what's recent, which leads me to believe that Mewtwo will be represented in the forme he's best known in, which is his original look. But hey, I might be wrong, but I do feel as if the Eevee family is important enough to the franchise to represent in Smash, and having pretty much nothing from the Eevee family, not even a pokeball pokemon, is kind of insulting.
So you're saying I should be insulted that Omastar never got his character/pokeball- Oh wait nobody likes him but me XD but personally I think if Mewtwo is reimplemented (he probably/hopefully will) His other form is bound to be made use of SOMEHOW like maybe a final smash or something but yeah, I'd rather see Mewtwo just be a fighter in his normal form :p

Morbi

Scavenger
Aside Mother, and to an extent FE, all characters in the roster have appeared in more then 1 game of the series they belong in, excluding games that never got sequals or w/e, in case there are any. But also Mother and FE are entirely different from other games in the roster. But heck it could be argued that FE has always had a character that has appeared in at least 2 games, Marth has 4 while Ike has 2 and Roy made a brief apperance as a baby in the prequal to his game but many would say that it wouldn't count and I see their reasoning for that and ofc all that shiz happened AFTER he was put into Smash. While Mother only has 3 games with each game having different characters each time, correct me if I'm wrong on this, making it different. And to back up FE some more after Marth and Ike they are limited to who they have again but again a differnce between zelda and FE is that FE has different a different MAIN character for most games. Now for LoZ games they always have the same main character, Link. Again, do you see what I am getting at? >_>
I see what you are getting at. You are under the impression that I do not understand your perspective, I do. It isn't new or unique. It is almost everyone's. I am offering a new perspective. There is always the possibility that something new and unique will happen. Something does every smash game... That is ALL I am saying.

Skull Kid placed quite high on a poll. Vaati? Not so much. The demand isn't there. He is important... sure. That doesn't mean he will get in. Black Shadow is important to F-Zero. He isn't in yet. Ridley is important to Metroid (arguably the only important character missing). So just because Vaati is important... doesn't mean he will get in. I actually think his popularity is a little over-rated. Tingle and Impa? They actually have some traction.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
So you're saying I should be insulted that Omastar never got his character/pokeball- Oh wait nobody likes him but me XD but personally I think if Mewtwo is reimplemented (he probably/hopefully will) His other form is bound to be made use of SOMEHOW like maybe a final smash or something but yeah, I'd rather see Mewtwo just be a fighter in his normal form :p
Omastar is important to the franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom