• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well, I guess we can't go by the anime, because if we did, Dedede would be a texan and Meta Knight would be a Mexican Vampire.
I'm a Texan and I take offense to that. Texans aren't that dumb you know. We aren't the dumb talking idiots everyone makes us out to be. >_>

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm a Texan and I take offense to that. Texans aren't that dumb you know. We aren't the dumb talking idiots everyone makes us out to be. >_>
I'm offensive and I find this a Texan.

The fat Texan stereotype is true (does Texas still have the highest percentage of fat people in the U.S.?), but not sure about the dumb Texan one. Too lazy to do research.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm offensive and I find this a Texan.

The fat Texan stereotype is true (does Texas still have the highest percentage of fat people in the U.S.?), but not sure about the dumb Texan one. Too lazy to do research.
I wasn't talking about the part of Dedede being fat. >_>

Dedede is portrayed in the anime as highly dumb, he can't even read. Thats what I was getting at. >_>

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like how he never implies that being Texan is bad and yet you go off on him.

All he said was that Dedede would be Texan. He never stated that was a bad thing.

D

Deleted member

Never heard Texan out of Dedede. Just Southern in general.

I get a Foghorn Leghorn vibe from him, and that may or may not have been deliberate. (like how Escargoon is voiced in parody of the late Paul Lynde)

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I might actually buy New Leaf, it'll be the first Animal Crossing game I've ever played.

Also smash introduced me to:

Mother (One of my ALL-TIME favorite series now) :ness:
Fire Emblem (Very fun series)
F-Zero (Take it or leave it)
Kid Icarus (Uprising was great)
Ice Climber (one of my favorite NES games, I remember buying it with an NES at Game Xchange when I was a kid, along with Donkey Kong Classics & Donkey Kong 3)
Metroid (eh...)
R.O.B (Might get him just for fun, I don't have an NES or the 2 games :yeahboi:)
Game & Watch (I playd Game & Watch Gallery ALL THE TIIIIME, never noticed him :troll:)
Lucario (NOW ONE OF MY FAVORITE POKE'MON EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! And this is coming from a Hard Gen! Proof that I don't hate new PKMN because of nostalgia
:lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario:
:lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario:
It's definantly worth the money. On my salary I save every bit I can for games and I had a list of M&L:DT, LoZ: ALBW, SLW and Pokemon X, and I impulsively added New Leaf to the list and got it, and it was definently worth the spot on my list and my money. Should have been on there from the start. Plus if you're like me you like to know your fighter's story or history or whatever you could call it, and it kindof makes you better appreciate the villager.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's definantly worth the money. On my salary I save every bit I can for games and I had a list of M&L:DT, LoZ: ALBW, SLW and Pokemon X, and I impulsively added New Leaf to the list and got it, and it was definently worth the spot on my list and my money. Should have been on there from the start. Plus if you're like me you like to know your fighter's story or history or whatever you could call it, and it kindof makes you better appreciate the villager.
I actually appreciate the Villager for being an ax murder. I love the repugnant twist on such a seemingly innocent little boy. The concept is simply immaculate. When playing as him, I will truly feel like a sadistic killer ready to eviscerate and dismember every Nintendo character. So that is why I actually think the fighter's history is important... even if it is headcanon. :awesome:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
THE ULTIMATE PAPER MARIO MOVE SET (because nobody posts in the move set thread.)

Partners used in Moveset:
Parakarry
Bombette
Kooper/Koops
Lady Bow
Vivian
Thoreu
Watt
Lakilester/Madame Flurry/Sushi

Animations:

Entrance: A piece of white Paper with a picture of Mario uncrumbles, the white background flashes away, beginning Paper Mario's Idle animation.

Ducking: Folded down as Paper does.
Holding Item: Same as in Super Mario Bros. 2 and when Paper Mario obtains an Item. (He is the first character in SSB to do so.)
Roll: Vivian takes him underground and out to where a normal character would end their rolling dodge.
Grab: Thoreu, Long Range Grab.
Swim: Paper Boat (Shakes when running out of time)
Stamina Death: Same as Paper Mario 1
Sheild: Crouches holding hat (like when using Stone Cap)

Special Abilities:

Jump 1: Normal Jump
Jump 2-5: Parakarry

1.Hold the jump button while in mid-air to become a Paper Airplane and glide.
2. Paper Mario can stick to walls like a sticker
3. You can activate a secret taunt which will cause Goombario/Goombella to tattle on the opponent.

Attacks:

A: Punch
AA: Punch, Punch
AAA: Punch, Punch, Hammer

F-tilt: Thrusts forward (Like Olimar)
D-tilt: Spin attack
U-tilt: Raises Hands (position used in Paper Mario when Item obtained)
Running Tilt: Paper Mario trips and get's back up using the same animations from the game. This was occasionally done when entering a battle in the first 2 Paper Mario Installments.

N-air: Crumbles up into ball (works same as Sonic)
U-air: Thrusts Hammer up like a Picket Sign.
F-air: Watt (explanation is not necessary)
D-air: Spinning Ground Pound

U-throw: Tosses into the sky using Thoreu
D-throw: Throws down and rolls back and forth while literally rolled up like in Paper Mario 2 (Tube powerJigglyPuff(13%)
F-throw: Uses Thoreu
B-throw: Uses Thoreu

U-smash: Fire Flower (Charge it and Fireballs spew out upwards)
D-smash: Bombette. The longer you charge the further she walks before exploding.
F-smash: Hammer Spin, charges, can move once released.

Taunts:

U-Taunt: Focus
D-Taunt: Kersti
F-Taunt: Appeal
Secret Taunt: Goombario/Goombella (same as Snake & Fox)

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Hammer. Hold 'B' to charge Hammer, if you charge to long the head of the hammer will fall off causing damage of only 1% to the opponent.
Forward Special: Kooper/Koops. The longer you charge, the further it shoots. Does not fall off Cliffs. This can also grab Items. (Does NOT charge)
Downward Special: Lakilester uses his powers to blow enemies away (This could also work with Sushi or Madame Flurry) It's basically the same as F.L.U.D.D.
Upward Special: Lady Bow (This move makes you breifly invisible making you 100% immobile, but unhurt able. like Wario's Fart or R.O.B.'s laser, this must charge when not in use)

OTHER:

Victory Theme:

Questions???

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Hotfeet... why do you have to hate Lucario so much? (Even so, maybe you secretly do)
1. Sakurai has expressed his hatred toward cutting characters out of the roster. He will do his best for the next Smash game.
2. Lucario is not a clone/replacement
2.1. The five fallen Melee fighters got cut and most of them are clones: Roy=Marth, Pichu=Pikachu, Dr.Mario=Mario, YoungLink(replaced by TL)=Link and there is ONLY ONE that isn't a clone: Mewtwo, he got cut due to time contraints, the only one reason alone.
2.2. Despite popular belief, Lucario never replaced Mewtwo.
3. Lucario's not going to go because
4. Lucario will not go even if Pokemon rep count went out of balance (rep balancing doesn't 'really' matter)
5. Lucario is easier to program:
5.1. He's simpler than complicated fighters like PKMN Trainer
5.2. He don't have partner like I.C.
5.3. Not a transformation character like Zelda/Sheik
Sakurai prefers throwing curve-balls instead of whats expected/deserving/popular
Your (hatred) toward Lucario and admiration toward Sylveon is showing thanks to your absurd roster. If you wanto to prove that you don't hate Lucario like you said so in several pages ago, then don't even bother trying to get Lucario out of your roster unless you have several very good reasons! Time contraint is the one and only good reason but it will not impact Lucario's likelihood that much, and then there won't be any more good reasons left, so you're stuck; Lucario's going to stay.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
It's a Louisiana type accent.
I am from Louisiana and now live in Texas and couldn't care less if they were being stereotyped
(Bbecause momma said not to.[Waterboy]) lol jk but no, I don't give a ****. Anywho, Smash Bros!

Guys I really cannot stand ghirahim. He's an ok character, but no way deserving to be in smash. And people like him SOOOOO much it's ridiculous!!! Some people even say he's basically a shoe in. Of course they don't know what the hell they're talking about, but the audacity! His fanbase too. I just don't get it. He's even huge in the west, and what's Tingle...got a hatebase....because he's creepy. Oh totally man. Because ghirahim sensually licking Links neck is considered normal bbehavior for characters of that series. Tingle's just a bit mislead is all. He's a cool guy, if you play his games you'll know. In fact I think he might be the only Nintendo character to get laid in his game.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Hotfeet... why do you have to hate Lucario so much? (Even so, maybe you secretly do)
1. Sakurai has expressed his hatred toward cutting characters out of the roster. He will do his best for the next Smash game.
2. Lucario is not a clone/replacement
2.1. The five fallen Melee fighters got cut and most of them are clones: Roy=Marth, Pichu=Pikachu, Dr.Mario=Mario, YoungLink(replaced by TL)=Link and there is ONLY ONE that isn't a clone: Mewtwo, he got cut due to time contraints, the only one reason alone.
2.2. Despite popular belief, Lucario never replaced Mewtwo.
3. Lucario's not going to go because
4. Lucario will not go even if Pokemon rep count went out of balance (rep balancing doesn't 'really' matter)
5. Lucario is easier to program:
5.1. He's simpler than complicated fighters like PKMN Trainer
5.2. He don't have partner like I.C.
5.3. Not a transformation character like Zelda/Sheik

Your (hatred) toward Lucario and admiration toward Sylveon is showing thanks to your absurd roster. If you wanto to prove that you don't hate Lucario like you said so in several pages ago, then don't even bother trying to get Lucario out of your roster unless you have several very good reasons! Time contraint is the one and only good reason but it will not impact Lucario's likelihood that much, and then there won't be any more good reasons left, so you're stuck; Lucario's going to stay.
Don't even try, I'd let it go before he gets really pissed and starts yelling.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't like what you said, Noah. So it's not a decent argument. I'm just going to end the argument because of that.

Your Zelda choices are farfetched in every meaning of the word.

OOT3D is why Gerudo Valley is a handheld stage. Not why it IS a stage. And in case YOU haven't noticed, the TP designs are a mixture of OOT & TP, where as SS is just SS. And if Fox is a mixture of Command and 64, than you admit the same should work for Zelda characters, a mixture of other Zelda games rather than specifically 1. Also you said that my suggestion of keeping Toon Link means characters are added because of stages. How does that work? In your roster Toon Link isn't a character, there are no Spirit Tracks characters.

Also you said "You haven't given any arguments as to why she isn't a good choice" again because you don't like what I said, you refuse to acknowledge that what I said ever existed.

Let me Copy & Paste what I already said:
The TP styled design was kind of an overall design for the characters, that's why Link has it in SSB4. So why would Zelda not? Let alone the fact that the SS design of Zelda represents SS alone. Plus I honestly doubt this design will ever be used in future Zelda games unless a sequel to SS. You're using a design that represents ONE specific Zelda game, rather than a mixture of multiple Zelda games (which is why Link has the TP styled design.)

Link has an overall design. Your Zelda does not. And if it's the most recent versions what about Ganondorf, I hardly think Remakes count.

Also how do you propose to "not let somebody start a debate" about a likely character.

Seriously if it's not what you guys want, you get mad. Oh, this guy has a different opinion, INSTANT IGNORE! You go so far as to act as if your suggestions for these Zelda characters are flawless and certain. PlatinumGamer is expressing why something doesn't work! HE'S A PRICK! CRUCIFY THE NON BELIEVER!

It's just a different opinion that's clearly reasonable, stop taking things so seriously and learn to accept that not everybody is going to have the same roster as you.
Link in SSB4 isn't Twilight Princess Link. If anything, he is a mix of Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess/ E3 demo Link.

Disagreeing with you =/= ignoring you. That last chunk of your post is applicable to you as well.

Again, stop posting like you know what Sakurai thinks. You don't. I don't. Nobody does.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Convince me that Lucario isn't a low priority character. I see nothing that convinces me.

Convince me that he's a higher priority to complete than Toon Link, Ike, Lucas or Pokemon Trainer.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Convince me that Lucario isn't a low priority character. I see nothing that convinces me.

Convince me that he's a higher priority to complete than Toon Link, Ike, Lucas or Pokemon Trainer.
Priority =/= tech limination, easy to program (Purin is good example at this one)

Could be that Lucario has the lowest priority but end up staying and cutting I.C., P.T., and Z.S.S. out of the roster.

...who knows? XD

Starbound

Priority =/= tech limination, easy to program

Could be that Lucario has the lowest priority but end up staying and cutting I.C., P.T., and Z.S.S. out of the roster.

...who knows? XD
Higher priority characters get developed first.

ICs are a high priority character due to being the face of a franchise that's been in the game for 12 years, not to mention that they're unique.

They aren't going anywhere.

and why would ZSS get cut for technical reasons? o.O

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Priority =/= tech limination, easy to program

...who knows? XD
Why would they cut out those 3, they are all iconic in both Smash and their games. This PT hate is mostly because of how low in tier he is, I find them all safe epescially IC and ZSS. Sakurai said IC was a problem, but it didn't say it wasn't worth the trouble. All 3 of them are staying I bet

TheCreator

Smash Lord

Well...toon link is gone. He's part of a stage. Spirit tracks link is toon link too so don't say he's not. But Ike, Lucas, and PT are complete characters so. Yeah.
Convince me that he is? Eh. I kindof think he is too. Makes sense that he would be especially if mewtwo is coming back. But hey, if Lucario returns, they need to un**** his moveset big. He's so slow and heavy. In any way he's represented in the pokemon series, he is never slow or heavy. More fast and light, and a little less strong than he is in brawl seems right. And skinnier.
Besides not getting people who think ghirahim will be in this game, I also don't understand why anybody thinks pokemon trainer will get cut. Can somebody explain why people seem to think so?

Starbound

PT is the main protagonist from a household name franchise. Everyone knows about Pokemon

and PT is the guy you play as. He's you in the game.

He's not going anywhere.

Well...toon link is gone. He's part of a stage. Spirit tracks link is toon link too so don't say he's not. But Ike, Lucas, and PT are complete characters so. Yeah.
We know that they haven't made any cuts to the roster yet.

Toon Link is still here. Even if the Spirit Tracks stage says otherwise.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
I want Pokémon Trainer to be named Red.
Also, the Toon Link is from the Spirit Tracks stage is a different Link from the one of Wind Waker in canon and from a game that was released after Brawl. So we haven't got any confirmation if this time Toon Link will also represent Spirit Tracks' Link.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Plus there haven't been any cuts, so this may include Toon Link, I just hope they bring Toon Zelda in the roster like they were planning Brawl

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't think anyone is gone yet, but I'd have to say that Toon Link is probably one of the first to go if time is a problem. Idk about others at this point unless it's gameplay problems.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
if they take out toon link I think we will just get another second link before any other Zelda reps.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Oh boy bronies and furries all over the smash speculation thread whoopie my favorite.

To hopefully draw people's attention away from the obvious attention seekers here, I've done a bit of (admittedly painful) fiddling with my roster to get it down to a slot number below 50.

It's got a total of 48 slots and 52 characters, which I think is definitely a possibility, I feel like this is the most concise roster I can make without injuring myself. Newcomers added outside of the three we know are:

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Palutena
4. Little Mac
5. Takamaru
6. Saki
7. Isaac
8. Shulk
9. Samurai Goroh

In addition to the 12 newcomers, Mewtwo and Roy make triumphant comebacks. Certain characters are completely reworked, such as Ganondorf and Toon Link, while others, like Falco, Lucas, and Wolf, have some minor changes to Final Smashes and B-moves. Lucario and Sheik are the only two cuts made in this roster, but Sheik lives on in spirit as Impa's moveset, with some slight alterations. And this is where the actual prediction part of this post ends, and the DLC shenanigans begin.

With DLC seemingly being a decently likely prospect this time around, seeing as how Sakurai has expressed interest in it, I took the opportunity to create a potential post-DLC roster for the game as well, as a way to include some of my second tier/more unlikely character desires.

Released in three packs of three, the DLC cast consists of nine more characters, organized into groups of three based on time of origin. These packs are:

The Classic Pack, featuring Dixie Kong, Pac-Man, and Ray.

The Recent Pack, featuring Bowser Jr., Starfy, and Lucario.

And the Modern Pack featuring Chrom, Ghirahim, and Mii.

These characters all stand a chance on their own, and could definitely end up being in the initial roster, but due to priority or other reasons, I decided to bump them down here instead.

And that's really all I have to say about these. Thoughts/comments/why do I hate (Lucario/Waluigi/Chrom/Black Shadow) questions?

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
I feel like 50 characters is the most we can expect, but I'm expecting the number to still be around where Brawl's was. I just get that feeling. :/ As far as what I'd like though, well I would like Zelda to retain her current moveset and Impa to take the place of Sheik, forever divorcing the two. Hopefully this would allow for some update to "sheik" as well. but really, I don't care what happens If we get Isaac. As for everything going on in this thread, don't take it so serious ya'll. Enjoying the same things is always a good thing (or should be).

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Oh boy bronies and furries all over the smash speculation thread whoopie my favorite.

To hopefully draw people's attention away from the obvious attention seekers here, I've done a bit of (admittedly painful) fiddling with my roster to get it down to a slot number below 50.

It's got a total of 48 slots and 52 characters, which I think is definitely a possibility, I feel like this is the most concise roster I can make without injuring myself. Newcomers added outside of the three we know are:

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Palutena
4. Little Mac
5. Takamaru
6. Saki
7. Isaac
8. Shulk
9. Samurai Goroh

In addition to the 12 newcomers, Mewtwo and Roy make triumphant comebacks. Certain characters are completely reworked, such as Ganondorf and Toon Link, while others, like Falco, Lucas, and Wolf, have some minor changes to Final Smashes and B-moves. Lucario and Sheik are the only two cuts made in this roster, but Sheik lives on in spirit as Impa's moveset, with some slight alterations. And this is where the actual prediction part of this post ends, and the DLC shenanigans begin.

With DLC seemingly being a decently likely prospect this time around, seeing as how Sakurai has expressed interest in it, I took the opportunity to create a potential post-DLC roster for the game as well, as a way to include some of my second tier/more unlikely character desires.

Released in three packs of three, the DLC cast consists of nine more characters, organized into groups of three based on time of origin. These packs are:

The Classic Pack, featuring Dixie Kong, Pac-Man, and Ray.

The Recent Pack, featuring Bowser Jr., Starfy, and Lucario.

And the Modern Pack featuring Chrom, Ghirahim, and Mii.

These characters all stand a chance on their own, and could definitely end up being in the initial roster, but due to priority or other reasons, I decided to bump them down here instead.

And that's really all I have to say about these. Thoughts/comments/why do I hate (Lucario/Waluigi/Chrom/Black Shadow) questions?
There's only things I would switch really.
-King K Rool should Swap with Dixie because of Tropical Freeze.
-Mii should be either on the non-DLC roster or not in at all TBH
-Also since you don't like Chrom, replace him with a different FE rep like Lucina/Robin/Lyn/etc.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If you want to talk number of character slots on the roster my guess is 43 - 45... most likely 43 "characters" and the two remaining squares being random and Mii.

my reasoning: The online brawl site has a system of 9 places per page and the mobile site has 5 meaning some number divisible by both (45). However the sites will most likely reveal Zero Suit Samus and Sheik seperately from samus and zelda respectively. This is how the brawl site did those characters (but kept pokemon trainer on one page) and we already have samus revealed without including zero suit samus, thus again a separate page for a separate reveal. that cuts 45 down 2 spaces but because I think Mii's will be more of a gimmick and less of a new character the roster itself will have 45 squares, again with random and mii filling in two spots. It's also possible zerosuit samus and sheik simply get put on the samus and zelda pages when they are revealed, pokemon trainer had all the pokemon on one page for example, leaving us with 45 squares on the roster select screen. This is of course assuming that a roster of characters has been decided already at this point.

It's not a perfect definitive guess, it could be way off, but it's about the only practical guess at number of spots on the roster we have.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

I don't see why it would be Impa and Zelda. Zelda can't transform into Impa. If they want keep Zelda's moveset the same, they will just keep her as TP or OOT Zelda, like they kept a brighter TP Link.

I never understood the appeal behind Samurai Goroh, since he's from a racing game where you never leave your car. Other than his AT, I don't he will be a character, as there really isn't any type of demand to what he brings.

Otherwise, all solid choices, other than Chrom (or a new rep) being relegated to DLC rather than Roy, and Mewtwo in his non-awakening form.

I think DLC characters will be characters that rely heavily on other characters for movesets, or characters that are basic and really easy to make. They also would be more popular characters that people would be willing to buy, and many times will be from already represented franchises. I also don't see them going beyond 8, if that. Designing characters for Smash is different than other fighting games, where all characters use the same basic base.
DLC type characters
Paper Mario
Roy
Bowser Jr
Mewtwo (either form)
Dr. Mario
Toon Zelda
Dixie Kong
Lyn
Chrom
Lucina
Palutena
Krystal

Most of these would be considered likely or possible for the main roster any way.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
There's only things I would switch really.
-King K Rool should Swap with Dixie because of Tropical Freeze.
-Mii should be either on the non-DLC roster or not in at all TBH
-Also since you don't like Chrom, replace him with a different FE rep like Lucina/Robin/Lyn/etc.
1. Tropical Freeze will most likely have no effect on K. Rool and Dixie's respective chances seeing as how it's being developed at the same time as Smash 4, and with K. Rool being the more requested and more unique character by far, I'd definitely bet on his appearance more than I would Dixie's. Besides, for all we know at this point, K. Rool could very well be in Tropical Freeze. I mean, at the end of DKC 3, he was exploring the Northern Kremisphere. Who knows, maybe he went a little further north and recruited some vikings? Not to say I don't like Dixie nor do I consider her a non-factor in terms of likelihood; I very much would appreciate her being added to the game, but K. Rool definitely has seniority in a contest between the two.

2. I actually agree with you on this point, but in shaving as much off of my roster of main wants as I could, I decided that Mii's were some of the least important/appealing additions to me, hence why I dropped them, but I knew they had a pretty darn good chance, hence why I included them on my expanded/DLC roster.

3. I don't dislike Chrom per se, I like him better than a lot of the alternatives (lord knows that I will never understand why Lyn is so popular and requested and all of that jazz), but because of the issue of differentiating him from the others and with Roy's popularity FAR exceeding his own, I decided to include Roy on the initial list and relegate Chrom to DLC. It could honestly go either way with their inclusion on the main roster, but I am definitely convinced that one will be added alongside Marth and Ike in the initial roster and that the other will be added by DLC.

I don't see why it would be Impa and Zelda. Zelda can't transform into Impa. If they want keep Zelda's moveset the same, they will just keep her as TP or OOT Zelda, like they kept a brighter TP Link.

I never understood the appeal behind Samurai Goroh, since he's from a racing game where you never leave your car. Other than his AT, I don't he will be a character, as there really isn't any type of demand to what he brings.

Otherwise, all solid choices, other than Chrom (or a new rep) being relegated to DLC rather than Roy, and Mewtwo in his non-awakening form.
1. Seeing as how some spin on Skyward Zelda is most likely the look we're going to be getting for this game (As the Link we have is Skyward Link with some TP elements), and that Impa fulfills a very Sheik-like role in Skyward Sword, while also having a very similar build to Sheik, I feel that it's pretty likely that Impa will simply adopt Sheik's moveset, and that instead of transforming into one another, Zelda and Impa would simply just switch out in battle ala Pokemon Trainer via some sort of magic switching spell or a portal.

2. Samurai Goroh is on the roster as part of my own (probably stubborn) insistence that F-Zero at least deserves one more playable rep before it dies off as a series, and that hopefully Sakurai realizes that his only real competition is only wanted for very superficial reasons. (his Japanese voice actor, preserving Ganondorf's Melee/Brawl moveset, etc.) And with Goroh being in every F-Zero game to date, having been in Melee's intro, and making the cut as an Assist Trophy (as the first one revealed), gives me hope that he's who Sakurai would choose, and that he's decently likely as well. Even with all of that behind him, he's still probably the least likely character on my main list, but also one I'm not going to surrender on until the bitter end.

3. See my Roy-over-Chrom from above, and on Mewtwo, I figure that Awakening Mewtwo will most likely just be an alternate costume or Final Smash of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom