• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
He is already an alternate color for Metaknight. :troll:

No seriously though. I would love his song to make it in the game. If create-a-stage comes back... this would be the only song I would use. :awesome:
Are you sure? I thought that Galacta Knight didn't come around until after Brawl since Super Star Ultra wasn't released until after it was. :ohwell:

Anyways, there's alot of great music to take from the past Kirby games, this one being a personal favorite of mine from Super Star Ultra:

GentleGentleGentleGentlemen. (If you get that reference, kudos to you)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
[quote="Hotfeet444, post: 15666594, member: 220997"
And take this as you will, I really don't care, but I don't get in arguments I can't win.[/quote]

How modest....

Morbi

Scavenger
Are you sure? I thought that Galacta Knight didn't come around until after Brawl since Super Star Ultra wasn't released until after it was. :ohwell:

Anyways, there's alot of great music to take from the past Kirby games, this one being a personal favorite of mine from Super Star Ultra:

GentleGentleGentleGentlemen. (If you get that reference, kudos to you)
I was just joking. I was talking about his pink costume. :laugh:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Waluigi counting as a Mario rep when Wario doesn't seems a little strange to me. Be cool to see Waluigi with a biker outfit, or better yet in actual Wario games.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
lol
I think they're about the same since really any mario character past this point would just be another mario character. Not really important to the series.
I could see an argument against this for both toad and bowser jr

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
So I went a LOT of places on this lovely place known as the inter-web, and I've complied a big list of the most wanted characters in this game. Basically anyone who was mentioned more than 3 times is on here. Anyone circled in Red is requested a lot, and anyone in Gold is basically one of the most requested ever and everywhere I searched. Yes, unfortunately, I also went to YouTube! :p SO! Out of these which 10 would you most like to see? Not your prediction, just who you want. I read these threads everyday and you all fight over why someone can't get in. Well I think you should all chill for a bit and just forget all the rules! You have MONTHS to argue over who will actually be in! :)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just wanted to say how much I agree with this and one of the main reasons I like crossover games.
Crossovers always have that charm. Not just Super Smash Bros., but other crossovers in general over the years have that charm by essentially creating that little dream about who would win in a competition between Character X or Character Y, or Character X and Character Y teaming up to save the world and kick major ass while doing it. Not only that, but crossovers also allow people to be introduced to new "friends" because of the "staying for x, leaving with y" philosophy, whether that's intentional or not.

Whenever someone brings up the statement of "they should only limit characters to those familiar to the public", it makes me enraged because having such a limitation is such a drab proposition and wouldn't exactly work for a crossover. Having such a flimsy limitation wouldn't exactly create a sense of diversity, atmosphere, or surprise.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Just wanted to say how much I agree with this and one of the main reasons I like crossover games.

I'm just going to 3rd this.
Probably every living soul who's getting Smash Bros. knows what Mario, Zelda and Pokemon is.
However, Nintendo could feed a bit on the historical curiosity of Nintendo fans through this game by introducing lesser known franchises. I don't need to spend my whole day here for example, to be aware that Sin & Punishment is ridiculously overlooked for some reason, yet Fire Emblem seems to be overpopularized.
Ah! HEAR ME OUT.

I do enjoy a good Fire Emblem myself, the series is great, has lots of neat ideas, lots of memorable characters to relate to, and lots of character development... but if you ask me if we should have another sword user, or someone who uses a lasergun-lightsaber, who could aim his fire at any part of the screen, deflect stuff with his beam sword, and turn into an Evangelion look alike for a Final Smash... I could honestly not be any happier.

And I would really appreciate if Sakurai is true to his word and deviates to more unique type of characters. I totally think Chrom should be in the game because Fire Emblem Awakening has earned its bloody right. (And it's on my playlist for... someday hopefully).
But to be brutally honest... other than a slow swordsman and a fast swordsman... I see little room for a revolutionizing moveset.

I expect myself to be torn limb to limb now, and if I'm mistaken then I'll gladly take the beating. :D *activates Granite Djinni*

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I went a LOT of places on this lovely place known as the inter-web, and I've complied a big list of the most wanted characters in this game. Basically anyone who was mentioned more than 3 times is on here. Anyone circled in Red is requested a lot, and anyone in Gold is basically one of the most requested ever and everywhere I searched. Yes, unfortunately, I also went to YouTube! :p SO! Out of these which 10 would you most like to see? Not your prediction, just who you want. I read these threads everyday and you all fight over why someone can't get in. Well I think you should all chill for a bit and just forget all the rules! You have MONTHS to argue over who will actually be in! :)
Peter Pan for smash?

*shudders*

Bianca would be amazingly troll worthy though.

Morbi

Scavenger
I wouldn't mind seeing Goku or Master Chief. I wouldn't mind Mickey or Spyro too much either. Crash and Wreck-It Ralph are close too being some of my favorites too.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Crossovers always have that charm. Not just Super Smash Bros., but other crossovers in general over the years have that charm by essentially creating that little dream about who would win in a competition between Character X or Character Y, or Character X and Character Y teaming up to save the world and kick major *** while doing it. Not only that, but crossovers also allow people to be introduced to new "friends" because of the "staying for x, leaving with y" philosophy, whether that's intentional or not.

Whenever someone brings up the statement of "they should only limit characters to those familiar to the public", it makes me enraged because having such a limitation is such a drab proposition and wouldn't exactly work for a crossover. Having such a flimsy limitation wouldn't exactly create a sense of diversity, atmosphere, or surprise.
Once again, I agree with everything.

When I first heard about Melee, I only recognized the Mario characters, the Pokémon characters and Mr. Game & Watch (thanks to having played Game & Gallery Advance for GBA). Smash introduced me to Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem and many other Nintendo games I would probably have never played otherwise.

Crossover video games can be a stepping stone to expand your gaming horizons and it's actually fascinating for me to learn about new series and new characters I wouldn't have heard of otherwise.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
God damn ghirahim. Nay.
Yay classic link.
Yay pacman.
Yay mewtwo
Yay tingle.
lol @ disney characters and superheroes. And Mj.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Skull Kid and Masked Man are requested a lot to be fair
I wouldn't mind seeing Goku or Master Chief. I wouldn't mind Mickey or Spyro too much either. Crash and Wreck-It Ralph are close too being some of my favorites too.
Shantae, Raichu, & Metal Sonic kick ****ing ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Shantae would be awesome, and I didn't even get that far in the GBC game.

Godzilla is by far the most random thing I've ever seen. I'm surprised Simon Belmont isn't just a tad higher.

And I've actually seen a LOT of support for King Hippo (level red)... but mainly from places like Gameradar and online magazine-like sites.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Heck yeah! Vaati's one of the most requested! I love Youtube sometimes.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
This list...frightens me. On that note, I'd love to play as Shantae. Also kind of shocked that Demise, Magolor and Galacta Knight aren't on this list. :confused:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Crossovers always have that charm. Not just Super Smash Bros., but other crossovers in general over the years have that charm by essentially creating that little dream about who would win in a competition between Character X or Character Y, or Character X and Character Y teaming up to save the world and kick major *** while doing it. Not only that, but crossovers also allow people to be introduced to new "friends" because of the "staying for x, leaving with y" philosophy, whether that's intentional or not.

One of the reasons why I like Smash is because they bring attention to more obscure series and characters.

Kuru Kuru Kururin, Devil World, Card Hero, Magical Vacation/Starsign, Cubivore, X, and various Japan-only games and series, among others.
It's more than just a fighting game, but a museum of Nintendo's history. At least in my opinion.

Personally, I'd love to have lesser-known characters in the roster, but it's not gonna happen. Hopefully as Assist Trophies.

---

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
This list...frightens me. On that note, I'd love to play as Shantae. Also kind of shocked that Demise, Magolor and Galacta Knight aren't on this list. :confused:
It frightens me as well. :dizzy: I saw Demise like once, but I didn't see the other two...but who knows? Maybe I was in the wrong places....

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Victini
King Boo
Geno
Zoroak
Chrom&Lucina
Krystal
Waluigi
Master Hand
Mew
Jack Sparrow

I'm sad there aren't any TWEWY characters on there. :(

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Since we're all reminiscing about how magical crossovers are and how Smash is probably the best one every, I must say. When villager was announced, I started seriously considering buying New Leaf. I ended up doing this and was not let down at all, and can't wait to play as him. But smash also introduced me to Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Metroid, and Kirby. Crazy good man. They're so perfect together.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Demise is a character where you'd have to get far into the game to even know who he is.
*Cough* *Cough* Intro Video of Skyward Sword that tells the backstory of Demise *Cough* *Cough* First character seen when the game starts *Cough* *Cough* *Achoo*

It's suppose to be a reference to Marx.
Wow...that is an odd skin choice for Meta Knight of all people. It would be funny to see Meta Knight wear a jester hat though. :chuckle:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
AC is just to addicting. I don't want to play a game where it is required of me to play it everyday and almost every 3-4 hours incase I miss something that happens, no matter how fun the game is. And yes I have played AC games before, but they just require so much time compared to other games, even more then RPGs, which makes me sad cause AC is so fun. ;-;

But eh I don't think Smash got me into any games really.... Not even Fire Emblem...... By the time I had gotten my first FE game I forgot that it was even repped in Melee. lol But I still love cross overs. If it weren't for KH I would be more biased towards the cartoon Disney movies. lol Not to mention Project X Zone has me interested on allot of character... As I don't know most of the characters in that game... I just have yet to do research on the characters that I am interested in. lol

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Michael Jackson being on their just makes me laugh, but frightens me at the same time nice to see Lucina is in the gold though.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Since we're all reminiscing about how magical crossovers are and how Smash is probably the best one every, I must say. When villager was announced, I started seriously considering buying New Leaf. I ended up doing this and was not let down at all, and can't wait to play as him. But smash also introduced me to Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Metroid, and Kirby. Crazy good man. They're so perfect together.
I might actually buy New Leaf, it'll be the first Animal Crossing game I've ever played.

Also smash introduced me to:

Mother (One of my ALL-TIME favorite series now) :ness:
Fire Emblem (Very fun series)
F-Zero (Take it or leave it)
Kid Icarus (Uprising was great)
Ice Climber (one of my favorite NES games, I remember buying it with an NES at Game Xchange when I was a kid, along with Donkey Kong Classics & Donkey Kong 3)
Metroid (eh...)
R.O.B (Might get him just for fun, I don't have an NES or the 2 games :yeahboi:)
Game & Watch (I playd Game & Watch Gallery ALL THE TIIIIME, never noticed him :troll:)
Lucario (NOW ONE OF MY FAVORITE POKE'MON EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! And this is coming from a Hard Gen! Proof that I don't hate new PKMN because of nostalgia
:lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario:
:lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario::lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario: :lucario:

D

Deleted member

That seems reasonable, but if it's Kirby...where do the yellow highlights come from?
Just random coloring.

Seems more of a "What if Kirby became the new Meta Knight" color rather than "Meta Knight with Kirby palette" color.

D

Deleted member

Those theories don't really hold any water when you consider the fact Galacta Knight was sealed away long before Kirby's existence.

So unless Kirby became so powerful he traveled back in time for some reason, he cannot be Galacta Knight.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Demise is a character where you'd have to get far into the game to even know who he is.
And Shiek is a character where you'd have to get far into the game to know who her real identity is.

Also smash introduced me to:

Mother (One of my ALL-TIME favorite series now) :ness:
Fire Emblem (Very fun series)
F-Zero (Take it or leave it)
Kid Icarus (Uprising was great)
Ice Climber (one of my favorite NES games, I remember buying it with an NES at Game Xchange when I was a kid, along with Donkey Kong Classics & Donkey Kong 3)
Metroid (eh...)
R.O.B (Might get him just for fun, I don't have an NES or the 2 games :yeahboi:)
Game & Watch (I playd Game & Watch Gallery ALL THE TIIIIME, never noticed him :troll:)
Lucario (NOW ONE OF MY FAVORITE POKE'MON EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! And this is coming from a Hard Gen! Proof that I don't hate new PKMN because of nostalgia
Smash Bros 64 introduced me to Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, and Mother/Earthbound
SSBM introduced me to Animal Crossing (trophies), Custom Robo (trophies), Cubivore (trophy), and Fire Emblem.
SSBB introduced me to Magical Vacation (trophies)

I already knew about Ice Climber before I paid attention to Melee in 2004 because I had it on e-Reader in 2002.

Meh, I guess so. At least it's better than the theories of Kirby being Galacta Knight. :p
Wasn't aware of that theory, but I can see why it exists.

I better not get bottom post on the page.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Those theories don't really hold any water when you consider the fact Galacta Knight was sealed away long before Kirby's existence.

So unless Kirby became so powerful he traveled back in time for some reason, he cannot be Galacta Knight.
....Kirby, I am your father?

Also, has there ever been any statements to just how old Kirby is supposed to be?

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
If Smash4 gets Sora, that's it. I'm done. I will play nothing but Smash4 for the rest of my life, I swear to God.

D

Deleted member

....Kirby, I am your father?

Also, has there ever been any statements to just how old Kirby is supposed to be?
None in the game continuity, but in the anime, Kirby is still infantile. He was forcibily awakened long before he was supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom