• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio264

Smash Ace
With the beam sword turned on, everyone's a sword user.

Forgive me, I'm feeling very philosophical today.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Top 5 Pokemon:

1. Entei
1. Mewtwo
2. Hawlucha
3. Mega Blaziken
4. Lucario
5. Zoroark

Espio264

Smash Ace
Pokémon newcomer is going to be Entei.
Quit kidding yourselves, guys.
It's about time we got a quadrupedal Smash character. I mean, I love me some Ivysaur, but he's awfully stumpy. Somebody who can devastate with their legs, and I think the people who care about things and stuff would be against Epona's inclusion. So, go Entei.

EDIT: I want in on this Pokemonning.

1. Mewtwo
2. Scizor
3. Raichu
4. Gengar
5. Poliwhirl

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Top Pokemon newcomers for Smash:

1. Grovyle (the one from PMD2)
2. Greninja (as part of Kalos Trainer along with Chespin and Braixen)
3. Shedinja (joke character)
4. Arceus
5. Meowth
6. Reshiram and Zekrom (part of a tag team with N)

Top Pokemon in general:

1. Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile (yeah, I cheated)
2. Flygon
3. Meganium
4. Mawile
5. Greninja
6. Seviper
7. Snivy/Servine/Serperior (cheated again)
8. Nidoqueen
9. Charmander
10. Ariados
11. Ninjask
12. Shedinja
13. Venomoth
14. Larvesta
15. Hawlucha

----

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I should just have a copy of my Snake rants on hand for anyone who thinks he's for sure going to get the axe. I PITY TEH FOOS.

Anyway, Snake shouldn't be cut. Here's why in a short amount of time:

1) If Sakurai cared about Snake hardly being memorable to Nintendo, that would have stopped him from getting in the first time

2) Third Party spots are reserved for Legendary characters only, meaning that Snake is eligible here as well.

3) Snake can't just be "cut". There are contracts to be written and such, meaning that Sakurai can't just back out last minutes and say, "OOPS. MUH BAD" If Snake is planned, then he is already in. Especially if Sakurai is honest in saying that all characters are planned to return as long as time allows.

4) MGS has always been on other systems, but it all comes back to reason #1. If it didn't matter then, it doesn't matter now.

5) Kojima wanted Snake in for 2 reasons. First, for his son to be able to play as one of his father's characters, and second, because he wanted younger players to be introduced to MGS. I don't see any problems with that.

This needed to be said

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Signs(pure speculation on my part) are pointing to a Gen 3 remake, yes. I suspect the Gen 5 games didn't include Ruby/Sapphire remakes only because they were on the regular DS and could thus interact with the original Gen 3 games.

Also, I thought I'd post my roster.
View attachment 7389
I am fully aware how unlikely some of my choices are, so I arranged the roster so that ignoring the rightmost column suddenly makes the roster much more realistic. Also, Hoenn Trainer is interchangeable with Kanto Trainer if one sees fit, since I honestly couldn't decide on one or the other.
I don't care if it's not going to happen realistically at all.

Quote, Dillon, and Mach Rider would sell for me (although the lack of Palutena is very disappointing D: ).

Morbi

Scavenger
Wouldn't Mewtwo and Charizard be returning veterans?

----
Not if they cut Pokemon Trainer, as the character is Pokemon Trainer, not Charizard.

As for Mewtwo, I like to call him a newcomer as opposed to a returning veteran, as all veterans are returning veterans. It is just a personal thing, my perspective dictates that many Smash players have played Brawl whilst never touching Melee. In that same vein, even more players will pick up Smash 4 without ever experiencing Melee. So in that event, he more closely resembles a newcomer. We are not entirely aware of whether or not this is going to be a different Mewtwo either (such as Femtwo or a Mega Form). We aren't sure whether or not Mewtwo is going to receive a move-set overhaul either. In general, you can stretch the definition of newcomer to accommodate Mewtwo.

andimidna

Smash Master
Umm I'm sorry what are you talking about?

Samus didn't change at all in Brawl she got I new add on move (super missles) that's it. Zero Samus was a completely different character and got in because after metroid Zero Mission she was the face of metroid. Midna on the other hand, while well liked was
1. only in one game
2. not the face of zelda (link and the triforce are)
3. not even the main character.........
so there is absolutely no reason to put her with link. Midna isn't Link and Samus is Samus your arguement is invalid.

And while wolf link is link, it again makes no sense to use this as a final smash because wolf link is a cursed/worse version of link. The triforce being part of his final smash because he is one of ONLY three people in his world to have it's unique power. FURTHERMORE this link isn't twilight princess link, it is the link from the new game coming out on the Wii U.

I did not say to add Impa/T. Zelda/Vaati, I said that they are much more likely to appear over Girahim who has almost no chance whatsoever of making Smash 4.

Also don't just say you disagree. State why otherwise you make no valid argument for yourself.

I think the earthbound guys are fine as long as they are next to each other.

I believe I gave a neutral for Dixie because she isn't more or less likely than K. Rool and a Neutral for Chrom/Lucina because Chrom can easily get in while Lucina is much less likely..

The main mechanic of Twilight Princess was transforming into a wolf, which TP Link can do. It's just weird that he can't do what makes him, him in Smash Bros. And instead he does a "triforce slash". This incarnation of Link is only in one game. TP Link is Wolf Link. Midna transforms them. If you think I said Midna and Link are the same person I am going to question your ability to read. Transforming into Wolf Link was a bigger deal than the Gale Boomerang. Every Zelda game has it's one main unique factor. ALBW has Ravio's Bracelet, OoT had young to adult travel, MM has masks... and so on. He's not transforming into Midna, he's transforming into Wolf Link. Which is Link plus a Shadow Crystal. And Midna is always on his back. Her magic and hair would be the special moves, Wolf Link would scratch, claw, pounce for standards. It would separate Link from Toon Link. And unlike Samus users in Melee and Brawl, Link users that didn't like the mechanic would be able to go to Link #2, Toon Link. His play-style isn't that unique, Toon Link is really just a lighter Link with a better recovery, and is shorter. Overall, the inclusion wouldn't hurt anybody, but would help separate the 2. Maybe Toon Link could get a unique Final Smash from WW or PH. This would only be good, and I honestly think it was a missed opportunity in Brawl. I disagree with Impa, Toon Zelda, and Vaati and have already posted giant freakin' essays on them. No thanks. After a third of Twilight Princess, Wolf Link is used to solve puzzles and complete certain tasks, it's only a curse for a third of the game. This Link is easily Twilight Princess Link. And if it's Zelda U Link, which I think it is too. Then that means Zelda U is a sequel to Twilight Princess. Since these are slightly altered HD models from TP. Just look at SS and OoT, they don't just barely change Zelda and Link's design in each installment. So if this is Zelda U Link, Wolf Link and Midna became very worthy options, as this means a game without a release date has already affected the game, so it can affect it's characters. And I don't think Dixie is equal to King K Rool, Nintendo has shown no interest in returning the character in his own series. Yet Dixie got a big ND announcement. And Cranky got the big VGX announcement. If KKR is a secret boss in Tropical Freeze, I'll put him on my roster in a heartbeat. What does Chrom do that Marth and Ike don't? And Lucina? Name one sword duo in SSB. That's why.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The main mechanic of Twilight Princess was transforming into a wolf, which TP Link can do. It's just weird that he can't do what makes him, him in Smash Bros. And instead he does a "triforce slash". This incarnation of Link is only in one game. TP Link is Wolf Link. Midna transforms them. If you think I said Midna and Link are the same person I am going to question your ability to read. Transforming into Wolf Link was a bigger deal than the Gale Boomerang. Every Zelda game has it's one main unique factor. ALBW has Ravio's Bracelet, OoT had young to adult travel, MM has masks... and so on. He's not transforming into Midna, he's transforming into Wolf Link. Which is Link plus a Shadow Crystal. And Midna is always on his back. Her magic and hair would be the special moves, Wolf Link would scratch, claw, pounce for standards. It would separate Link from Toon Link. And unlike Samus users in Melee and Brawl, Link users that didn't like the mechanic would be able to go to Link #2, Toon Link. His play-style isn't that unique, Toon Link is really just a lighter Link with a better recovery, and is shorter. Overall, the inclusion wouldn't hurt anybody, but would help separate the 2. Maybe Toon Link could get a unique Final Smash from WW or PH. This would only be good, and I honestly think it was a missed opportunity in Brawl. I disagree with Impa, Toon Zelda, and Vaati and have already posted giant freakin' essays on them. No thanks. After a third of Twilight Princess, Wolf Link is used to solve puzzles and complete certain tasks, it's only a curse for a third of the game. This Link is easily Twilight Princess Link. And if it's Zelda U Link, which I think it is too. Then that means Zelda U is a sequel to Twilight Princess. Since these are slightly altered HD models from TP. Just look at SS and OoT, they don't just barely change Zelda and Link's design in each installment. So if this is Zelda U Link, Wolf Link and Midna became very worthy options, as this means a game without a release date has already affected the game, so it can affect it's characters. And I don't think Dixie is equal to King K Rool, Nintendo has shown no interest in returning the character in his own series. Yet Dixie got a big ND announcement. And Cranky got the big VGX announcement. If KKR is a secret boss in Tropical Freeze, I'll put him on my roster in a heartbeat. What does Chrom do that Marth and Ike don't? And Lucina? Name one sword duo in SSB. That's why.
Can you make, like, a single sentence version of this? I have no idea what to take from this.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You weren't responding to me but I'm sharing my opinion anyways!!
The main mechanic of Twilight Princess was transforming into a wolf, which TP Link can do. It's just weird that he can't do what makes him, him in Smash Bros. And instead he does a "triforce slash". This incarnation of Link is only in one game. TP Link is Wolf Link. Midna transforms them. If you think I said Midna and Link are the same person I am going to question your ability to read. Transforming into Wolf Link was a bigger deal than the Gale Boomerang. Every Zelda game has it's one main unique factor. ALBW has Ravio's Bracelet, OoT had young to adult travel, MM has masks... and so on. He's not transforming into Midna, he's transforming into Wolf Link. Which is Link plus a Shadow Crystal. And Midna is always on his back. Her magic and hair would be the special moves, Wolf Link would scratch, claw, pounce for standards. It would separate Link from Toon Link. And unlike Samus users in Melee and Brawl, Link users that didn't like the mechanic would be able to go to Link #2, Toon Link. His play-style isn't that unique, Toon Link is really just a lighter Link with a better recovery, and is shorter. Overall, the inclusion wouldn't hurt anybody, but would help separate the 2. Maybe Toon Link could get a unique Final Smash from WW or PH. This would only be good, and I honestly think it was a missed opportunity in Brawl. I disagree with Impa, Toon Zelda, and Vaati and have already posted giant freakin' essays on them. No thanks. After a third of Twilight Princess, Wolf Link is used to solve puzzles and complete certain tasks, it's only a curse for a third of the game. This Link is easily Twilight Princess Link. And if it's Zelda U Link, which I think it is too. Then that means Zelda U is a sequel to Twilight Princess. Since these are slightly altered HD models from TP. Just look at SS and OoT, they don't just barely change Zelda and Link's design in each installment. So if this is Zelda U Link, Wolf Link and Midna became very worthy options, as this means a game without a release date has already affected the game, so it can affect it's characters.
So this is why Link turned into Wolf Link in Brawl right?

But wait, he didn't. So why would he do that now? The concept is cool, but it's not going to happen with Link. The concept is easier to swallow and more realistic if it was Midna + Wolf Link that had nothing to do with changing Link's character at all (not like Midna + Wolf Link is a likely character combination to appear in the first place, that is).

As for the Triforce Slash, it's easier to translate something we can assume all heroes of time would be able to do. After all, it's not likely that Sakurai knew that the Twilight Princess design was to be used again. So for the sake of allowing Link to keep the same Final Smash in the next game, the Triforce Slash probably isn't going anywhere.
...Now I don't think the same should be said for Toon Link, but my theory works when we consider that Toon Link's final smash is the exact same. Since every incarnation of the Hero of Time should be able to do the Triforce Slash, it makes sense that it would be Toon Link's ultimate attack too. So any other kind of final smash for any Link is highly improbable.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The main mechanic of Twilight Princess was transforming into a wolf, which TP Link can do. It's just weird that he can't do what makes him, him in Smash Bros.

[A bunch of other suff I skipped over]

That's why.
what I ended up reading.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
As far as pokemon go, i dont care what we get, but we should get some mega evos for the ones that can have them. Final smash or other

I dont care how or why, just give me that charizard X (I dont give a damn if many find him overrated either)

along with mewtwo gamefreak pushed this one full force for these latest games, so id like to see how smash bros handles him.

andimidna

Smash Master
Subjective.

You play Pokemon for the Pokemon, not the trainer. It's why is the game called "Pokemon" not "Pokemon Trainer" or "Gotta catch em all"

Zelda/Shiek makes sense as a transformation, and doesn't take as much work as 3 characters together. You can add the 3 Pokemon Trainer Pokemon as seperate characters and it would be easier, and it would still make sense. Also, I never talked about priority.

3 characters as one =/= 3 slots, time wise. Sakurai said himself that adding characters to Smash is not addition, rather, its multiplication. If that is indeed true, you can think of more than one character in a slot as exponential. Balance has been discussed before, and its not easy to do such a thing with a character like this. It takes alot of time.

I will use Zelda/Shiek as a comparison. When balancing the roster, this is the process it must take:
  • Zelda by herself
  • Shiek by herself
  • Zelda/Shiek by themselves
  • Zelda against everyone
  • Shiek against everyone
  • Zelda/Shiek together against everyone.
Now, Pokemon Trainer:
  • Charizard by himself
  • Squirtle by himself
  • Ivysaur by himself
  • Charizard/Squirtle against everyone
  • Charizard/Ivysaur against everyone
  • Ivysaur/Squirtle against everyone
  • Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle with themselves
  • Charizard against everyone
  • Squirtle against everyone
  • Ivysaur against everyone
  • Charizard/Squirtle against everyone
  • Charizard/Ivysaur against everyone
  • Ivysaur/Squirtle against everyone
  • Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle against everyone
So, Zelda/Shiek is 6 steps, Pokemon Trainer is 14. Zelda/Shiek was a new concept when introduced in Melee, so it fit well. We haven't seen Zelda without a Shiek transformation, so we dont know how it would work. Pokemon can exist without a trainer, as seen with every other pokemon in Smash, which is what i was trying to accomplish with Charizard in the roster.

While the idea of Pokemon Trainer wasn't bad, it was poorly executed. The whole concept of him wasn't well recieved either, with the stamina mechanic and the weaknesses mechanic. The pokemon were fairly underpowered to make up for their variety of moves, but it was unsatisfying to play as.

I guess we should just take the time away in developing newcomers so that this one slot can be created. thats pretty exciting :troll:

It's called "Metroid" not "Samus", you play Metroid for the Metroid? Metroid for Smash?

Beetle confirmed as an item! I wonder if it will work similarly to the Steel Driver.

"Pic of the day. The Beetle item from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a comical item that grabs characters and carries them into the air."

Nevermind that Steel Driver thing.

Pretty sexy pic of the day, IMO.

Edit: Please use a permanent image link, as the daily pic link's image changes with every update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
You know very well I meant character-wise. Don't even...
PS... the Spirit Train is from Spirit Tracks, not Phantom Hourglass.
That was a mistake, I meant ST.
and even character-wise it's still not true, Zelda has OoT inspired moves and Toon Link represents PH.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well at least now no one will get any ideas of replacing Link's Boomerang. Beetle should be interesting to use.

andimidna

Smash Master
That was a mistake, I meant ST.
and even character-wise it's still not true, Zelda has OoT inspired moves and Toon Link represents PH.
The names of some of Zelda's moves are the same as the names of the magic Link used in OoT. PH was a sequel to WW.
That's kind of weak, but OK.

Doesn't relate to the original point.

But cool.:ness:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Overall the Zelda series is too big to have character only representing specific games. That's why all the current cast are character that can represent multiple games. Link represent all the Links, Zelda represent all the Zeldas, Ganondorf represent all Ganons, Toon Link represent the younger Links and the toon style.

andimidna

Smash Master
Overall the Zelda series is too big to have character only representing specific games. That's why all the current cast are character that can represent multiple games. Link represent all the Links, Zelda represent all the Zeldas, Ganondorf represent all Ganons, Toon Link represent the younger Links and the toon style.
I know you must have seen this reply coming, but Sheik is only in OoT. And is a transformation for Zelda in SSB. A one time character. Transforming from an incarnation that doesn't actually transform at all. So even if we have Zelda U Link and for some reason he's not the same Link as TP Link, he can still transform into Wolf Link, and Midna would be on his back.
wait.
Was that the argument? Or was I in that argument with somebody else?...
Anyways Wolf Link and Midna could happen if it was implemented as part of Link, because it is part of Link.
And Ghirahim. Well... I don't mind if he's not included, but there are better reasons against the other characters than him only representing one game. We have non-Zelda characters on the roster that were only in one game. And many that were only in 2 or 3.
Really, all I wanted from this game was to play as Midna and Rosalina. I already got Rosalina so I'm going to support this new transformation w/o consent of the people of SmashBoards.
And if Toon Zelda/Impa/Vaati get added as the 5th instead of Ghirahim. Yay, I guess. I love the series more than any other. Even though I argue against him the most and he's probably the least likely of the 3, I'd personally want it to be Vaati... well, I like female characters more... I just don't see Tetra or Impa being unique from Sheik. Or Toon Zelda being unique from Zelda. When Toon Link is a clone with a reason to be added. I really hope the series gets a character. I guess I don't care who it is that much... oh god I forgot Tingle. Hopefully, if they add him, they'll realize he is much more established in his own series than Yoshi. I'd only be fine with Tingle if he was a Tingle character with moves from his own games.
Well that was my ramble of the day. This is also to whoever else I was arguing with. Meh. I just want more Zelda. And this pic of the day got me hyped up for some.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Kamek is not the same as magikoopa. Even in Japan. (Even though kamek is the race and the character, there is THE kamek, similar to waddle Dee but unlike toad)

CHALLENGE IDEA

If no Kanto characters are playable in Smash and there were six Pokemon characters, (PK Trainers count as one) who would they be?
Blaziken, Lucario...and that's it.

I guess you could make a case for Zoroark, Victini, Genesect, Gardevoir or Deoyxs, but there's not really anyone special from Gen 2 that stands above the rest, nor Gen 6. A lot like Greninja, but is he really anymore important than the other two?

Guess you could always just have Gen 2-Gen 6 Pokemon Trainers if they counted as one each and then Lucario. There's probably a reason Gen 1 is deemed the most important in all honesty.

It would be anticlimactic if the Pokemon Company ordered Sakurai to not show anything on the SSB4 website if they were only going to keep the Pokemon Brawl veterans plus Mewtwo. Why the secrecy if we were only going to get the same Pokemon we already played with for the last 6+ years?
Adding Jigglypuff as a secret character for the fourth time would be the LAST thing we'd ever expect.

Speaking of Yoshi...am I the only one hoping that Egg Shoot changes to a side B to work more like the actual egg-throwing from Yoshi's Island, it'd give Yoshi alot of great tools from a distance and make it feel more like actual Yoshi from Yoshi's Island.
You're definitely not alone. I've seen a lot of people suggest it.

As a Yoshi main, I'm not keen. The ability to curve your eggs is overall more helpful than cannonballing those eggs forwards. I'd prefer it if they just gave you full control again like in Melee. Maybe keep the little air time boost from Brawl though as that would really help him out.

Can't say I'd be that sad about losing Egg Roll though.
Beetle confirmed as an item! I wonder if it will work similarly to the Steel Driver.

"Pic of the day. The Beetle item from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a comical item that grabs characters and carries them into the air."

Nevermind that Steel Driver thing.

Pretty sexy pic of the day, IMO.
This is a really interesting item. I didn't play Skyward Sword, so was it an item you used on yourself or on your opponent?

It looks like Link may have thrown it at Marth, but I'm not 100% sure.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I know you must have seen this reply coming, but Sheik is only in OoT. And is a transformation for Zelda in SSB. A one time character. Transforming from an incarnation that doesn't actually transform at all.
So? This is a crossover fighting game. When has canon been the focus of a crossover fighting game?
So even if we have Zelda U Link and for some reason he's not the same Link as TP Link, he can still transform into Wolf Link, and Midna would be on his back. Anyways Wolf Link and Midna could happen if it was implemented as part of Link, because it is part of Link.
That won't be happening though, the change is too radical and make Link an entirely different character. That's like saying Dedede should be able to become Masked Dedede by using his down special or that F.L.U.D.D. should be an alternate moveset for Mario. You're diverting away from what the character was originally intended for and you're not making Link the same character from the previous game that people are accustomed to playing as. It's just not going to happen to Link, if you want a Wolf Link + Midna make them a separate character all together instead of hindering Link.
And Ghirahim. Well... I don't mind if he's not included, but there are better reasons against the other characters than him only representing one game. We have non-Zelda characters on the roster that were only in one game. And many that were only in 2 or 3.
Many of the characters that were only in 1-3 games are representing their own franchise. Things work differently when you're part of a large franchise like LoZ.
Really, all I wanted from this game was to play as Midna and Rosalina. I already got Rosalina so I'm going to support this new transformation w/o consent of the people of SmashBoards.
I'm just saying that if you're expecting Link to become Wolf Link in his moveset, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Support whoever you like, don't let me stop you from doing that.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, the Zelda character debacle. Let's jump in.
If the roster were up to me, I would be trying to cover as much ground as possible with my selections. Obviously, Link is the first choice and Zelda is the second. Too me, at least, and remember that this is a personal opinion and NOT a prediction, Sheik is simply not important enough for Smash. One-offs like her (him?) detract from the core reoccurring characters that circulate through the timeline and really don't add much thematically.
Sheik's move set and stats should be given to Impa as the third (and this time, a stand-alone) character. Ganondorf should be the fourth and one on the most under-appreciated and forgotten but still very important characters in the series, Vaati, should be the fifth.

I, however, am not Sakurai. Sakurai has a much different agenda. Instead of representing as many important characters as possible, he is interested in selecting a few characters that are the most important and then making them even more important. This is why he has not only Link, but Toon Link as well. Additionally, this is the same reason he'll keep Sheik rather than replace her with Impa. As uninteresting as I think it would be, both link and Zelda are getting clones this time. My prediction is:
Link
Toon Link
Zelda (Sheik)
Tetra (Toon Zelda)
Ganondorf

I'd love to be proven wrong and see the other important characters like Impa, Vaati, and maybe even Tingle get representation, though. Ghirahim
(spelling?) is neither likely nor important, but I see him having a sliver of a chance and he's cool enough for me to not mind THAT much.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I know you must have seen this reply coming, but Sheik is only in OoT. And is a transformation for Zelda in SSB. A one time character. Transforming from an incarnation that doesn't actually transform at all. So even if we have Zelda U Link and for some reason he's not the same Link as TP Link, he can still transform into Wolf Link, and Midna would be on his back.
Even if they look like specific incarnation of the characters, I find it much more likely that they are a generic Link and Zelda that just use the most detailed/modern designs. The way i see it Zelda isn't TP zelda, she just looks like it. same goes for Link. Zelda just use the Sheik because the other Zelda's don't have much usable, while Link have no need to take from specific Incarnation.
Like Ariand/AEM said those characters are mostly the main characters of their own series, while Ghirahim is a minor character in the zelda series. Also one of the main reasons for the predictions being wrong is because focus on popularity and since the only thing Ghirahim really has going for him is popularity, it doesn't look good for him.
And if Toon Zelda/Impa/Vaati get added as the 5th instead of Ghirahim. Yay, I guess. I love the series more than any other. Even though I argue against him the most and he's probably the least likely of the 3, I'd personally want it to be Vaati... well, I like female characters more... I just don't see Tetra or Impa being unique from Sheik. Or Toon Zelda being unique from Zelda. When Toon Link is a clone with a reason to be added. I really hope the series gets a character. I guess I don't care who it is that much... oh god I forgot Tingle. Hopefully, if they add him, they'll realize he is much more established in his own series than Yoshi. I'd only be fine with Tingle if he was a Tingle character with moves from his own games.
Well that was my ramble of the day. This is also to whoever else I was arguing with. Meh. I just want more Zelda. And this pic of the day got me hyped up for some.
I had with a mistake skipped the part of the original post where you said it was partially want roster, so sorry for bothering you. I have nothing against the characters I just don't find them likely.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Blaziken, Lucario...and that's it.

I guess you could make a case for Zoroark, Victini, Genesect, Gardevoir or Deoyxs, but there's not really anyone special from Gen 2 that stands above the rest, nor Gen 6. A lot like Greninja, but is he really anymore important than the other two?

Guess you could always just have Gen 2-Gen 6 Pokemon Trainers if they counted as one each and then Lucario. There's probably a reason Gen 1 is deemed the most important in all honesty.

Gen1- Pikachu, bulbasaur, squirtle, charizard, mewtwo,

Gen2- ..... pichu? Scizor maybe

Gen3- blaziken, deoxys, plusle&minun,

Gen4-lucario

Gen5-victini, zoroark, genesect

Gen6-greninja, sylveon, mega mewtwo y

This is basically the more notable, memorable, and popular pokemon from each gen. So these I see as smash candidates

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder if the Beetle will replace an item,if it does,it better be that god damn fan.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Gen1- Pikachu, bulbasaur, squirtle, charizard, mewtwo,

Gen2- ..... pichu? Scizor maybe

Gen3- blaziken, deoxys, plusle&minun,

Gen4-lucario

Gen5-victini, zoroark, genesect

Gen6-greninja, sylveon, mega mewtwo y

This is basically the more notable, memorable, and popular pokemon from each gen. So these I see as smash candidates
Add Meowth to that initial list due to the anime's Team Rocket and Eevee, and I guess I agree.

I dunno, maybe Piplup for 4th gen too. Dawn was a pretty big thing, and Piplup had a decent role in Pikachu's Adventure games.

?????????????

Smash Master
This is a really interesting item. I didn't play Skyward Sword, so was it an item you used on yourself or on your opponent?
In Skyward Sword, it was used to grab items or press switches from far away. Did you ever play Wind Waker? It's like using the seagulls from that game.

Add Meowth to that initial list due to the anime's Team Rocket and Eevee, and I guess I agree.

I dunno, maybe Piplup for 4th gen too. Dawn was a pretty big thing, and Piplup had a decent role in Pikachu's Adventure games.
In addition to the list of significant Pokemon...

All the starters from every gen are arguable.

Togepi from 2nd gen.

Darkrai from 4th gen.

Hawlucha from 6th gen! :awesome:

Last edited:

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
I still stand by the premise that Wobbuffet and Marill are possibilities from second generation. I could also see Togepi although I personally wouldn't like it.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Ah, forgot togepi. Thanx

Hawlucha? :confused: I never got that vibe from him.

Can someone convince me for his inclusion :cyclops: I want to want him in:grin:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

It looks like Link may have thrown it at Marth, but I'm not 100% sure.
He did. This thing looks like it's going to be overpowered as all hell. Unless it is slow like it is in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom