• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
For seem reason, I want Charizard to be cut and Mewtwo to not return. Probably because I want to see the Genwunners have their little fanboyish freaks.

Otherwise, I want the two of them in Smash Bros.

CHALLENGE IDEA

If no Kanto characters are playable in Smash and there were six Pokemon characters, (PK Trainers count as one) who would they be?
Pichu, clearly

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
If I were to pick 3rd Parties:
SEGA: Sonic
Konami: Snake
Capcom: MegaMan
Namco Bandai: Pac-Man
Square-Enix: Sora
Rare: Banjo & Kazooie
Activision: Spyro
EA: your own Sim avatar!! :troll:
Ubisoft: can't decide between Ray-Man and Desmond Miles (I like AC more though....)
Disney: Epic Mickey or Wreck-It-Ralph
Sony: Sackboy
Microsoft: ...do they even have first-party games??? Lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's two characters at best (assuming Ike returns and Chrom/Roy/etc. get in), if we were to scale down to a ~30 roster that's not going to cut it. We have along with the main characters a cast with others like Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Ganondorf and the like, there's already going to be a good chunk that has every reason to stay in the cast, moreso then those two. Plus, we have to consider new additions from other series and third parties.

Trimming the fat isn't a pleasant process, but one could be lost in such a situation.
At this point, if Sakurai is willing to make Rosalina playable, it would just be a huge mistake to give Falco and Wolf the cold shoulder.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If any cuts are to be made though, Star Fox is not the franchise to be looking at. If anything, I'd probably look at Fire Emblem.
Why don't we just cut the Fire Emblem series as a whole?
Then we wouldn't have anything to argue about, and there would be less fanbase splits over who wants who, which in the end means less pressure on Sakurai in future Smash installments.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I was trying to catch up with this thread and all, were we talking about MvC for a while? I thought that Ultimate's roster was good. But it was missing a few characters. Namely Megaman, Venom and the Green Goblin.

But I guess the topic is now Pokemon. I just hope we keep Red and Lucario. Mewtwo and/or Zoroark can show up too and I wouldn't complain.

I'd rather have Dankey Kang.
Moga Mon is best jumper game.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
For seem reason, I want Charizard to be cut and Mewtwo to not return. Probably because I want to see the Genwunners have their little fanboyish freaks.

Otherwise, I want the two of them in Smash Bros.

CHALLENGE IDEA

If no Kanto characters are playable in Smash and there were six Pokemon characters, (PK Trainers count as one) who would they be?
Pichu, Darkrai, Deoxys, Hoenn PT, Zoroark, Genesect.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While this is probably true I think it is important to note that this is because FE is much more likely to get a new rep than SF.
Truthfully, Star Fox is pretty much complete with its reps, as it covers the main character (Fox), one of his allies (Falco), and his primary rival (Wolf).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Is anybody expecting anything good this week from Sakurai on the site?

I'm hoping we at least get a stage.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Is anybody expecting anything good this week from Sakurai on the site?

I'm hoping we at least get a stage.
It would be nice to get something, maybe a stage to round out the month on Friday. And a hope that more news starts coming in quicker, since it's still slow and we're already a month into the new year.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
You mean like an Assist Trophy disconfirmation? I would agree with you there.

I wonder who would be next...
I feel like it's gonna be a series we haven't seen much of. Star Fox? Salty Emblem? Pokemon?
AT~=~Poke Ball, so we could see a Pokemon disconfirm. But I dunno. JUST GIVE US OUR OBVIOUS VETS NINTENDO!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Once we hear murmurs of Pokémon news, that might be a nod towards Smash related news as well seeing as though Game Freak has already held Sakurai back. They're probably waiting for something else.

That's probably when we'll get somebody, but it depends on who it is mainly focused on I think. Lucario or Mewtwo are likely in that regard. But we'll see.

So far Star Fox, Pokémon, Donkey Kong, and Kirby haven't had a stage yet. So they are all possible if we're getting something actually new.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Pic of the day: Expecting Yoshi?
[collapse=TOO BAD!!] Yuushi time! [/collapse]
In all seriousness though, I'm expecting nothing.
Speaking of Yoshi...am I the only one hoping that Egg Shoot changes to a side B to work more like the actual egg-throwing from Yoshi's Island, it'd give Yoshi alot of great tools from a distance and make it feel more like actual Yoshi from Yoshi's Island.

I'm waiting for the day Little Mac is disconfirmed. Hoping it doesn't come.
I'm still convinced that Boxing Ring is a homage to Punch-Out/actual Punch-Out stage, there's no other reason to have a boxing ring without a character like Little Mac being playable.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I want to know if Smash 4 can have a Metroid stage that isn't filled with lava. Yeah we got the Pyrosphere, that's fine and good. It looks cool. But can we get Phendrana Drifts too? Or Tallon Overworld? Maybe even Skytown? Those places looked cool. It would help with the variety.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why don't we just cut the Fire Emblem series as a whole?
Then we wouldn't have anything to argue about, and there would be less fanbase splits over who wants who, which in the end means less pressure on Sakurai in future Smash installments.
It isn't like some big epidemic or anything like that, the arguments mostly pertain to Smashboards. Cutting Marth and Ike just because people don't agree on who Sakurai would pick for the 3rd representative (assuming we get any) is blatantly ridiculous. I mean really, the arguments only really span from the more realistic choices as it is, it isn't like people are debating whether or not Roy should replace Marth or that Ike should be cut because he is a clone. Fire Emblem is just fine.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I expect a stage, a PokeBall, and some sort of game mode to be revealed throughout the week. I would love to see a music as well.

In terms of characters though, I don't think we will be seeing a character reveal until sometime next month.

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm still convinced that Boxing Ring is a homage to Punch-Out/actual Punch-Out stage, there's no other reason to have a boxing ring without a character like Little Mac being playable.
I'm convinced it's a homage to Punch-Out/actual Punch-Out stage as well, but...it could also be used as a way to represent the series WITHOUT a playable character, like Animal Crossing in Brawl, as well as a home to Punch-Out music.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Honestly: I'm very surprised no Poke Ball Pokemon have been shown, but the Poke Ball only. :confused:

I'm convinced it's a homage to Punch-Out/actual Punch-Out stage as well, but...it could also be used as a way to represent the series WITHOUT a playable character, like Animal Crossing in Brawl, as well as a home to Punch-Out music.
First Newcomer of Smash 5 Confirmed? :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm waiting for the day Little Mac is disconfirmed. Hoping it doesn't come.
Hopefully it doesn't he's pretty important to Nintendo. Not to mention, having a character with a real fighting style would be killer. But I wouldn't mind some more "out there" approaches what he could possibly do either.

Morbi

Scavenger
I want to know if Smash 4 can have a Metroid stage that isn't filled with lava. Yeah we got the Pyrosphere, that's fine and good. It looks cool. But can we get Phendrana Drifts too? Or Tallon Overworld? Maybe even Skytown? Those places looked cool. It would help with the variety.
There is that one Parasite Queen level, it doesn't have any lava (that I am aware of).

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman

The idea of angering genwunners is pleasing to me as well, but I'd miss Mewtwo. I'd rather see no Jigglypuff, Mewtwo is one of my favourites.

So your challenge idea is to come up with six pokemon (characters?) not from gen 1 that could be cool? I'll see what I can do.

Wobbuffet
Marill
Absol
Lucario
Krookodile
Goomy

I can kind of? justify some of these choice. Marill was one of the first pokemon leaked in gen 2, called pikeablu at the time. It's a historically interesting poekmon. I considered putting down Togepi on the same grounds but ultimately decided togepi was kind of redundant and not worth the effort of making functional. Wobbuffet has a similar justification to Meowth, acting as a critical part of team rocket for much of the anime. It also has the dubious honour of being amongst the very few pokemon to be banned in the pokemon battle metagame. Absol is a really popular gen 3 that brings more uniqueness to the roster, and Lucario is relatively self-explanatory. Krookodile and Goomy are just my favourites <3

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I expect a stage, a PokeBall, and some sort of game mode to be revealed throughout the week. I would love to see a music as well.

In terms of characters though, I don't think we will be seeing a character reveal until sometime next month.
There is the Ice Climber anniversary that's coming up, but I guess past anniversaries have shown us that they don't always equal veteran reveals. Of course, this would be the best time to confirm the Ice Climbers if they truly are coming back.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ Hotfeet444 Hotfeet444 , hell naw, you ain't alone. Many other people (including myself) want it too.
One thing's for sure though, I'm the only one who want MK revamped. Not just nerfed, REVAMPED.
How about Buffed to Akuma level? Wait, better. RARE AKUMA level. :troll:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It isn't like some big epidemic or anything like that, the arguments mostly pertain to Smashboards. Cutting Marth and Ike just because people don't agree on who Sakurai would pick for the 3rd representative (assuming we get any) is blatantly ridiculous. I mean really, the arguments only really span from the more realistic choices as it is, it isn't like people are debating whether or not Roy should replace Marth or that Ike should be cut because he is a clone. Fire Emblem is just fine.
I swear Morbid, you word things so well and sound so intelligent, that I picture you as Vin Diesel with a Sherlock Holmes hat and pipe, but with boobs.

Someone photoshop this now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom