• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reznor

work in progress
Why does everyone think Falco and Wolf aren't essential? StarFox characters are among the most iconic and memorable out of all of Nintendo's stables
they are memorable because they are always top tier hell most people I know that use them have never played Starfox

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
When was Diskun an object or an object in a game? Also wasn't ROB who is just as much of a character as Diskun playable in Smash? Who like Diskun appeared in video games?

@ Depressed Gengar Depressed Gengar
@ Starcutter Starcutter
@KingofPhantoms47
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux

Are you people really this freaking...
He's a freaking flat square thing that was the mascot of a peripheral for the NES that no one gives two ****s about (not to mention the NES peripheral we already have, wink wink, nudge nudge, how's that ROB you mentioned). I mean, a joke is one thing, but seriously thinking he's even plausible? Let's throw in the N64 cartridge with eyes from Banjo-Tooie while we're at it in before Micro$oft. Don't worry man, I'm just screwing with you. :troll: *Waits for bait to be taken*

Reznor

work in progress
Yes but Bowser Jr. is more interesting having the paint brush.
Mario doesn't need anymore reps and Baby Bowser has that sick music
So every MK player has to have played a Kirby game?
my point is that they are popular because they are high tier bro .......... so no
nice female Charzard
the sad part is that the dragon from shrek has a more original design that Charzard

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Of all the unique creations in Pokemon. The most popular Pokemon is Dragon.
Then that's rather problematic considering Charizard isn't a dragon type. :p

I think the people are merely accusing them of being clones. The thing to keep in mind, however, is that Falco is Fox's best Arwing pilot and good friend, while Wolf is Fox's main rival. Overall, they're both quite important.
I'm not arguing that they aren't important to their series, I'm arguing from a case of if it came down to trimming the fat, where can we cut it off? Falco and Wolf are important to their series, but from what I can see you don't need to have both to completely rep the series. One or the other could be lost if we push came to shove.

I'd much rather have both stay in the cast (and I'm advocating for that for this game), but in a situation where we'll be losing characters from a lot of franchises, Star Fox can also afford to lose one.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
He's a freaking flat square thing that was the mascot of a peripheral for the NES that no one gives two ****s about (not to mention the NES peripheral we already have, wink wink, nudge nudge, how's that ROB you mentioned). I mean, a joke is one thing, but seriously thinking he's even plausible? Let's throw in the N64 cartridge with eyes from Banjo-Tooie while we're at it in before Micro$oft. Don't worry man, I'm just screwing with you. :troll: *Waits for bait to be taken*
Oh, I thought you were being serious. I almost genuinely had the same reaction as the last gif I posted. Like "Is he for real"?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Kamek is (dare I say it) a generic enemy, even though I love the guy (and his incredible them song from Paper Mario Sticker Star).
Ridley and Metroid have had a bigger impact on Nintendo and are more iconic and recognizable than Kamek or Yoshi (as a series), as Kamek is usually called "Magikoopa" and the Yoshi series is oftentimes considered part of the Mario franchise.
1. Kamek is not the same as magikoopa. Even in Japan. (Even though kamek is the race and the character, there is THE kamek, similar to waddle Dee but unlike toad)
2. Yes metroids bigger than Yoshi, but Mario is way bigger than metroid. Recently kamek the character has been popping up everywhere, but more prominently one the RPGs. He also reprised his villian role in the upcoming Yoshi game. Like I sad, its arguable he's more important to Nintendo as a whole than ridley. Only arguable, so not 110% fact.

Now I'll be back, going for a bit though

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not arguing that they aren't important to their series, I'm arguing from a case of if it came down to trimming the fat, where can we cut it off? Falco and Wolf are important to their series, but from what I can see you don't need to have both to completely rep the series. One or the other could be lost if we push came to shove.

I'd much rather have both stay in the cast (and I'm advocating for that for this game), but in a situation where we'll be losing characters from a lot of franchises, Star Fox can also afford to lose one.
If any cuts are to be made though, Star Fox is not the franchise to be looking at. If anything, I'd probably look at Fire Emblem.

Reznor

work in progress
If any cuts are to be made though, Star Fox is not the franchise to be looking at. If anything, I'd probably look at Fire Emblem.
be careful man we don't want another FE fight breaking out
unless we talk about Ephraim because he uses a spear and spears are the best

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh, I thought you were being serious. I almost genuinely had the same reaction as the last gif I posted. Like "Is he for real"?
Don't worry, I'll never bash someone for their opinions on what characters they'd like to see unless it's Bowser Jr.
I'll just laugh to myself at people wanting Waddle Dees.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Give Ike's move-set to Ganondorf. Boom, nothing lost

Not really, especially when both Marth and Ike are extremely important and unique.
Ike isn't any more important than any other lord

That's two characters at best (assuming Ike returns and Chrom/Roy/etc. get in), if we were to scale down to a ~30 roster that's not going to cut it. We have along with the main characters a cast with others like Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Ganondorf and the like, there's already going to be a good chunk that has every reason to stay in the cast, moreso then those two. Falco and Wolf don't necessarily match those characters levels, they're important but you can lose one if needed.
Trimming the fat isn't a pleasant process, but one could be lost in such a situation.
Falco has seniority over other fighters and Wolf is the villain who was originally planned for Melee but replaced by Falco because Sakurai felt players would just see him as a gray Fox. With better graphics he was able to make him stand out more

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Not really, especially when both Marth and Ike are extremely important and unique.

Mudkip is disappointed.
I've never really cared anything for Mudkip really. Now Marshtomp and Swampert are a different story.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That's two characters at best (assuming Ike returns and Chrom/Roy/etc. get in), if we were to scale down to a ~30 roster that's not going to cut it. We have along with the main characters a cast with others like Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Ganondorf and the like, there's already going to be a good chunk that has every reason to stay in the cast, moreso then those two. Plus, we have to consider new additions from other series and third parties.

Trimming the fat isn't a pleasant process, but one could be lost in such a situation.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
For seem reason, I want Charizard to be cut and Mewtwo to not return. Probably because I want to see the Genwunners have their little fanboyish freaks.

Otherwise, I want the two of them in Smash Bros.

CHALLENGE IDEA

If no Kanto characters are playable in Smash and there were six Pokemon characters, (PK Trainers count as one) who would they be?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You know we never talk about a super under-rated yet a logical choice for a newcomer?

The Diver!

I know you guys might be like "Holy crap, that is an awesome suggestion" but let me bring you back down to reality. The Diver has a lot of stuff going for...him...

Such as.....

Uses dolphins and giant clams for attacks....humanely. He does not use them for meat shields like the Peach but trusts in their ability to defeat the anti-eco baddies like Bowser and Wario! We all know Wario's farts causes global warming.

Sprays out ocean water from his snorkel. Does major damage to Samus and R.O.B.

Uber Tier under water. There is sure to be an underwater portion of a stage...

Uses a stun gun on opponents. Again, humanely.

Floaty gameplay and swims in midair. Watch out for his butterfly stroke. Floats like a butterfly fish, stings like a stingray.

Holy ****, he can hitch rides with whales. I'd like to see Ridley do that. Ridley is too big to hitch rides on whales.

Watch as he somersaults past opponents! Such grace!

And for those still on the fence, here is an alt costume to all you fan service lovers out there:

Plus he is relevant due to his Wii games and not to mention Smash Bros. Wii U largely focuses on Wii titles and content.

he Diver; the under-rated yet logical choice for Smash Bros. A rep from a much needed rep'd franchise since Smash 64.

Endless Ocean NEEDS to be represented in Smash. More than it needs Ridley, King K. Rool, Diskun, Little Mac, Palutena, Wifi, a story mode, a stage builder, online ranking systems, trophies, and Yoshi.

In all seriousness, I do think The Diver would be pretty cool character to have but he is largely unlikely albeit impossible. I do support an Endless Ocean stage however....especially with the HD graphics.

So what character do you support that you know, in your heart, there's no chance in hell making it in, yet you think they would bring an interesting and positive element into Smash?

I'll go back to lurking in this thread....in the depths of the ocean like a Kaijuu...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom