• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
not sure if everyone knows about these yet, but:

high possibility Palutena got leaked, and unlike the other leaks we heard about, this one hasn't been dismissed as fake, your guys thought?
Things might get interesting around here. Though I would say that her face looks more like it did in Brawl, than it does in KIU. Not that I mind.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sakamoto became mad that people liked the series better than Other M, so he deemed them non-canon, despite his support for the trilogy pre-Other M.
Wow. That's really petty.

high possibility Palutena got leaked, and unlike the other leaks we heard about, this one hasn't been dismissed as fake, your guys thought?
...interesting. Lighting doesn't look off, is the model from anywhere else?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
...interesting. Lighting doesn't look off, is the model from anywhere else?
none, at least from what anyone can distinguish, the best similarities people can come up with are from the Palutena idol video and brawl's Palutena,
also this is not a work of Photoshop too, and the Mario we see position is not the same as any previous pictures we have seen of him, meaning no one copy and pasted him there, and along with the clipping is there too, if this is fake, it was no easy one

also I forgot to mention something else too, the reason people are suspicious of these photos are because the leaker, not only posted them on 4chan (everybody doubts that place) and said that she was an assist trophy, not playable, seems odd eh

Edit: nevermind, turns out the assist trophy thing is bogus, the leaker posted the pictures and then turned and ran, some random 4chan users said she was an assist or asked she was an assist
its completely uncertain and/or specific what she might be, assuming these photos are legit that is

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Trumping Grabs? Sakurai,you're one interesting specimen

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Edit: nevermind, turns out the assist trophy thing is bogus, the leaker posted the pictures and then turned and ran, some random 4chan users said she was an assist or asked she was an assist
its completely uncertain and/or specific what she might be, assuming these photos are legit that is
Well that's not suspicious.

Seems like it could be faked. The Ness and Jigglypuff one looked pretty good too, but that turned out to be fake. Time to take this with a truckload of salt.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
In every last few Nintendo Directs, there has been non-stop repeated Reggie jokes.
There have been numerous hints at his appearance in Smash.

*There was the huge petition, which both Reggie and Sakurai acknowledged it's existence.
*At the VGX Reggie said he wanted himself in Smash and even told them to sign the petition.
*Reggie tweeted "My #finalsmash would be the MY BODY IS READY SLAM!"
*Reggie said that Sakurai stated that if the petition gets 100,000 signatures, Sakurai will consider putting him in Smash Bros. I believe the 100,000 signature thing is thing to confuse the fans since the petition has no way of reaching it in that time. OR Sakurai could be considering Reggie for planned DLC if the petition gets that high.
Looks like you didn't read my post at all back when we talked about Reggie.

Let me say it again: Sakurai has never acknowledged the petition, NOR has Reggie ever said anything like "Sakurai stated..."/ "Sakurai will consider...".

josh bones

Smash Lord
Lets go back to discussing smash bros canon fights!
but seriously, I'm gonna make a thread for that If I ever have the time and/or effort.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Looks like you didn't read my post at all back when we talked about Reggie.

Let me say it again: Sakurai has never acknowledged the petition, NOR has Reggie ever said anything like "Sakurai stated..."/ "Sakurai will consider...".
Sakurai said that if the petition gets 100,000 signatures, he will consider adding Reggie.
That is a direct quote.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This seems obvious but...

Considering is not the same as doing.

I'm sure he considered having a lot of characters that haven't made the cut.

Hell, he even may have considered Geno after all the fan demand.

Seems like an obvious thing, but Reggie saying Sakurai MIGHT consider it is not the same as Sakurai making it happen.

Hell, has Sakurai himself even said he'd consider it or is it all through Mr. Meme of the Moment there?

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've seen that. And it doesn't prove your claim at all.

You said:
Sakurai said that if the petition gets 100,000 signatures, he will consider adding Reggie.
That is a direct quote.
Now, let's look at the article:
Although he was probably joking, Fils-Aime said today that series director Masahiro Sakurai might consider adding him to the Super Smash Bros. roster if a petition gets at least 100,000 signatures from fans.
Notice anything different? "Sakurai said" vs. "Fils-Aime said". And "will" vs. "might". You claimed that it's a direct quote from Sakurai, when in reality it's an indirect quote from Reggie. There's no direct quote anywhere, the source is a random tweet indirectly quoting him.

So yeah, please stop spouting bull****.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Since almost nobody gave opnions about my roster, here is it again:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Both, it´s a mix of dream, hope and tear. I say: judge me like you want to judge.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

plsdontbefakeplsdontbefakepls
If it's editted off of her KI:U idol, it's a pretty damn good fake. Those things are pixelated as hell, so I applaud the creator of this image if it is a leak (then again, I haven't seen the game on the 3DS XL yet so should probably keep that noted). As for being an assist trophy, we haven't seen anything confirming that assist trophies are in the 3DS version too (although it is to be expected anyways), I really do believe that this could be real.

However, what really could determine whether this is a fake or not is Palutena's position in both pictures, as both of them can be ripped directly from KI:U's idol collection. So it could be a fake based on that information, but as I said, it's a really damn good one.

...that said, as Bluepikmin mentioned, I'm on the hype train as well.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
plsdontbefakeplsdontbefakepls
If it's editted off of her KI:U idol, it's a pretty damn good leak. Those things are pixelated as hell, so I applaud the creator of this image if it is a leak (then again, I haven't seen the game on the 3DS XL yet so should probably keep that noted). As for being an assist trophy, we haven't seen anything confirming that assist trophies are in the 3DS version too (although it is to be expected anyways), I really do believe that this could be real.

However, what really could determine whether this is a fake or not is Palutena's position in both pictures, as both of them can be ripped directly from KI:U's idol collection. So it could be a fake based on that information, but as I said, it's a really damn good one.

...that said, as Bluepikmin mentioned, I'm on the hype train as well.
It's totally different model, a lot of people in the leaks and rumors thread, has been investigating this for while today. Also the AT don't have outlines in the game so that's a plus.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

In the words of BigAxle, "Time to roast this roster!"

- Ridley, Dixie and Little Mac is good.
- I highly doubt they would cut Ganondorf for one-timer Demise. Ganondorf is staying regardless. And If we get a Skyward Sword character (doubtful), it's Ghirahim.
- I can't anticipate Hades, but that may be a personal choice, so it doesn't matter.
- Samurai Goroh is cool.
- Cutting Lucario for Sylveon? No way. Lucario is way more popular, and I think Jigglypuff stays to represent Fairy Types, so no.
- I would love to have Robin, but I would much prefer the Female version, for the sake of diversity.
- I doubt a series as small as Punch Out warrants two characters, and if it did, I would probably be King Hippo, not Joe.
- Wonder Red is okay, but unlikely. Again, might be your personal choice.
- Again, if, by chance, Animal Crossing gets another character, it would be Tom Nook, not Resetti.
- Duck Hunt Dog would be cool, but Takamaru probably has priority over him now.
- Ugh, Pacman.
That's what I think. This is from a prediction standpoint, so I don't mind it too much.

Morbi

Scavenger

As most people here are already aware, I am a Hades and Samurai Goroh supporter. They are honestly some of the most over-looked characters that actually have a shot. However, I highly doubt that Hades could maintain his slot in the roster without Palutena, that would be slightly absurd. On another note, unlike many, I also see the potential in Wonder Red. Definitely over-looked, albeit for a good reason, but over-looked nevertheless.

Dixie Kong is more likely than K. Rool in my opinion, obviously for the sake of speculation, many of these are interchangeable, including Fire Emblem. So instead of Chrom (the character that I personally find to be the more likely candidate) you have Robin, which is all fine and dandy.

Obviously you knew that someone was going to call you out on Sylveon over Pokemon Trainer. I am probably his biggest hater on Smashboards, and even I am confused by this treachery. Haha. Edit... I didn't see Pokemon Trainer there. Cutting him over Lucario... that is WAY more likely.

I also advocate a second Animal Crossing representative. However, I have never even thought about Mr. Resetti. I mean, I suppose he has more Smash relevance than Tom Nook, it might be an actual possibility. Better than Muddy Mole.

I don't know anything about 9-Volt or Glass Joe, that is never a good sign, but with a dash of fairy dust... you never know.

Demise over Ganon... now I know that this is a troll. :awesome:
(it wouldn't happen, perhaps as a costume though).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Alrighty. Judge how I like, eh?

Okay where to start...? First of all this roster? This freaking roster?

I love it. It contains many expected characters such as Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Little Mac and Pac-Man but still throws in some really interesting dark horse candidates such as Robin, Samurai Goroh and Hades. Mad props for not picking Chrom/Roy/Lucina, Palutena and leaving out F-Zero again.

There's even some long shots that really have no hope; Demise replacing Ganondorf for example and especially Glass Joe. I'm actually interested why you made the choice of Glass Joe, it just seems quite the random choice over other Punch Out characters like King Hippo and Bald Bull.

Resetti I can't see happening personally; I'd argue there's more important Animal Crossing Characters before him in Tom Nook, K.K. Rider and now Isabelle are all arguably more prevalent and deserving of a position. That said I congratulate you for taking the bold move of including a second AC character to begin with, it's very rare to see.

9Volt is actually a really nice idea. But I can't see him and Duck Hunt Dog as both would most likely use some of the old equipment like the Zapper in their movesets. 9Volt's definitely a good idea, as unlikely as it seems.

Duck Hunt Dog though is a very good retro IMO, as he is actually remembered by the general public unlike all the others that usually get thrown up. I'd like both of him and 9Volt, but I'm not sure if they both would need to be in a roster.

Sylveon I'm guessing is there to rep Gen 6? Not a fan personally, I think there's more deserving Pokemon of notoriety than the latest Eeveelution, but that's a personal gripe. Many will dislike that Lucario was kicked for her though.

Wonder Red could be quite cool. Unlikely but very cool.

Ignore anyone and everyone who says Pac-Man is bad. Pac-Man is the forefather of ALL video game mascots, if anyone deserves that 3rd party legendary title, it's that yellow spherical eating machine.

Honestly this roster to me is one of the better ones. Because it's not the same **** that's copy and pasted repeatedly in this thread; Brawl Roster + Mewtwo + Elite Four + Takamaru and either Shulk or Isaac. This is far fresher, contains likely candidates, unlikely candidates, dark horses and characters people haven't even considered...you know...like all the past Smash Rosters have been.

My main gripe is the roster seems a little large actually. That and Ganondorf being replaced by Demise. Do not want. I'll reserve judgement on Glass Joe until after I hear the reasoning.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

excited3.gif

edit: I can actually tell why it's probably fake

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd like to find that Palutena as a real picture, and she ends up as a playable character.

However, I will hold my breathe for now. I'll be back later. Do some comparisons and maybe we'll get a better idea.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
What really makes Palutena likely? Pikmin has three games, but one rep. Why should Pale tuna get in? What makes her unique? We already have two magic girls, and a few more magic guys. Is it because Sakurai made KI:U? That's bull****, pardon my Canadian-French. It's not a major franchise, and her spot should be given to someone more deserving, like a new series with some games under it's belt, like Chibi-Robo, Sin and Punishment, Golden Sun, Dillon's Rolling Western, another F-Zero rep, another Pikmin rep, Pushmo, even the goddamn Hercules series. Consider this.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Glass Joe was chosen because:
- He is guaranteed that everybody that played Punch Out fights him. My little cousin played the nes one and didn´t reach King Hippo.
- Punch Out Wii sold very well, and like Lucas I think that a second one char is cool idea.
- He is a loser, Losers are cool. You can make his smash move fainting over other people as exemple.
- Everybody loves to make fun of him, in his trailer he could try be the only nintendo char not to be choosen to smash.
- He represents all "weak" enimes in video games: Goombas, Koopa Tropa and etc. It´s time for revenge.

Is just a funny surprise char.

9Volt was choose because:
- I love him (My nickname)
- He is a NINTENDO FAN! His grab could be a hug, he could ask for autographs, he is you and me folks.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
What really makes Palutena likely? Pikmin has three games, but one rep. Why should Pale tuna get in? What makes her unique? We already have two magic girls, and a few more magic guys. Is it because Sakurai made KI:U? That's bull****, pardon my Canadian-French. It's not a major franchise, and her spot should be given to someone more deserving, like a new series with some games under it's belt, like Chibi-Robo, Sin and Punishment, Golden Sun, Dillon's Rolling Western, another F-Zero rep, another Pikmin rep, Pushmo, even the goddamn Hercules series. Consider this.
Wanna knowa series that has 3 games and 2 reps, Earthbound, that's my argument.
Also Palutena is the Zelda of the series, the next most important character after the protagonist.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
also I forgot to mention something else too, the reason people are suspicious of these photos are because the leaker, not only posted them on 4chan (everybody doubts that place) and said that she was an assist trophy, not playable, seems odd eh
Actually he said nothing of her status, I think someone just assumed she was an AT on the original thread and it spread from there.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
SF only has five games. It has three characters.

Also, unfortunately, I feel like many of the franchises you feel deserving to be playable, are the ones that Sakurai probably sees as AT material. Starfy has about as many games as the three-headed hydra known as SF...and all it's getting is an AT.

Morbi

Scavenger
As many here will most likely mention, the amount of games attributed to any given franchise does not have a direct correlation with who gets in. That is fallacious logic, the characters are usually judged based on their merits and the significance of the series. Obviously, the more entries in any given series tends to make franchise more prevalent, hence more popular. However, that is not always the case. Furthermore, the amount of games in a series has literally no correlation with the actual amount of representatives. I mean, look at Donkey Kong, especially before Brawl. Anyways, those series really suck, no offense. Assist trophy material.

What makes Palutena likely? Her association to Sora Ltd. and the notion that Pit essentially replaced Yoshi as a front-runner. The series revival and the sales of Uprising. Her popularity, she even got a little funny anime spin-off. Sakurai would have to blatantly disregard her plausibility for her not to get the "approval" rating or whatever, the priority list. She is most certainly on it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Well I know where to start at the very least.

Ganondorf....where is he? We have no reason to think he should be cut whatsoever. Even more so since Link and Zelda kept the Twilight Princess looks they used. Replace Demise with Ganon and that's fine.

Not too sure about 9-volt, but he wouldn't be a terrible choice I suppose. I wouldn't pick any Eevee form as a Pokemon character honestly.

Glad to see someone else want Samurai Goroh. I'll give you props for putting in Glass Joe, he would make for a good joke character.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Usually I am hesitant with leaks, but I want this one to be real so bad...I'm finding it tough to find something wrong with this. But that's why we need a comparison to her KI: U and Brawl models. We can't be sure until we figure out that the model is unique to itself and what have you.

On the other hand, I don't really get why a person with the appropriate knowledge of the game would leak it to 4chan. Just, why?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Usually I am hesitant with leaks, but I want this one to be real so bad...I'm finding it tough to find something wrong with this. But that's why we need a comparison to her KI: U and Brawl models. We can't be sure until we figure out that the model is unique to itself and what have you.

On the other hand, I don't really get why a person with the appropriate knowledge of the game would leak it to 4chan. Just, why?
Check the Rumors and Leaks thread.
Nobody can prove it wrong as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom