• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
John SSB4 Prediction Roster.png

Sorry to interrupt this extremeley Smash Bros. related topic, but I made my new roster.

Changes:
Changed the number to 50 slots due to people saying it was too big.
Removed Palutena and Mii to bring the roster down in size.
Replaced Isaac with Wrestler because I realized how completely freaking epic he is (@GoldenYuiitusin thank you for making a thread for this marvelous, incredible man)

Please share your thoughts, and I will post my new sig later on tomorrow when i can finish it!

#roster #supersmashbros #mybodyisready #rhwrestlerFTW

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Bowser seems more even in terms of size to DK and King DeDeDe (maybe my eyes are playing tricks).

Will he still be the heaviest out of the returningv cast and could there be a newcomer heavy enough to outweigh him?
*Cough cough* Ridley *Cough cough* K Rool *Cough cough*.

Ok honestly I don't know if K Rool can outweigh Bowser if he makes the cut. Unless I do the research on their weights. :oneeye:

Reznor

work in progress
View attachment 6985

Sorry to interrupt this extremeley Smash Bros. related topic, but I made my new roster.

Changes:
Replaced Isaac with Wrestler because I realized how completely freaking epic he is (@GoldenYuiitusin thank you for making a thread for this marvelous, incredible man)

Please share your thoughts, and I will post my new sig later on tomorrow when i can finish it!

no Waddle Dee ..... get off the internet forever -500 out of 10
jk it's pretty good although I would make Dixie her own character

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
View attachment 6985

Changes:

I still dont understand the appeal of Reggie. The only reason he would be included is for his taunts, which will never be as legendary as "Show me your moves!"

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
View attachment 6985

Changes:

Haha Reggie. Is that a joke though? Or are you serious? I don't think that would happen personally.

K. Rool is the size of Bowser AND he is fat.
That logically out weighs Bowser.
Are you 100% sure they're the same size? Also, Bowser has that shell to weigh him down, K Rool doesn't. And depends what we're going canon to.

Edit: After re-reading half my posts I realize how my sentence structure is complete crap. Similar to something we saw before. *Cough cough* PaRappa the rapper.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
no Waddle Dee ..... get off the internet forever -500 out of 10
jk it's pretty good although I would make Dixie her own character
I don't understand why people immediately dismiss the idea of a Diddy & Dixie tag-team.

Sakurai was supposedly planning it in Brawl, and if he was, he probably didn't get to finish due to time constraints.
If he didn't get to do it last time, why wouldn't he do it now?

He would probably want to continue on his idea he found unique and cool since he can implement it no, even though he couldn't last time.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
I don't understand why people immediately dismiss the idea of a Diddy & Dixie tag-team.

Sakurai was supposedly planning it in Brawl, and if he was, he probably didn't get to finish due to time constraints.

He would probably want to continue on his idea he found unique and cool since he can implement it no, even though he couldn't last time.
I've heard that as well about Diddy and Dixie, it could happen for SSB4. The real question is if it's necessary or not.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Are you comparing body fat to a giant turtle shell?
Oops! My bad!
I forgot about the shell!

Haha Reggie. Is that a joke though? Or are you serious?
I gave my explanation on Reggie many times.

In every last few Nintendo Directs, there has been non-stop repeated Reggie jokes.
There have been numerous hints at his appearance in Smash.

*There was the huge petition, which both Reggie and Sakurai acknowledged it's existence.
*At the VGX Reggie said he wanted himself in Smash and even told them to sign the petition.
*Reggie tweeted "My #finalsmash would be the MY BODY IS READY SLAM!"
*Reggie said that Sakurai stated that if the petition gets 100,000 signatures, Sakurai will consider putting him in Smash Bros. I believe the 100,000 signature thing is thing to confuse the fans since the petition has no way of reaching it in that time. OR Sakurai could be considering Reggie for planned DLC if the petition gets that high.

I've heard that as well about Diddy and Dixie, it could happen for SSB4. The real question is if it's necessary or not.
Nescasary or not, Sakurai wanted to do it in Brawl, why would he not now?

Reznor

work in progress

Dixie&Diddy tag team was a good idea WAS because Diddy wasn't already a playable character but now he is and it would be kinda off putting
he might not want to do this idea anymore because it's an old one sadly we have no idea what Sakurai is thinking we just don't have the technology

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I can see Reggie as a trophy, maybe a very rare AT, or included as a character (along with every human) as a Mii.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Oops! My bad!
I forgot about the shell!

I gave my explanation on Reggie many times.

In every last few Nintendo Directs, there has been non-stop repeated Reggie jokes.
There have been numerous hints at his appearance in Smash.

*There was the huge petition, which both Reggie and Sakurai acknowledged it's existence.
*At the VGX Reggie said he wanted himself in Smash and even told them to sign the petition.
*Reggie tweeted "My #finalsmash would be the MY BODY IS READY SLAM!"
*Reggie said that Sakurai stated that if the petition gets 100,000 signatures, Sakurai will consider putting him in Smash Bros. I believe the 100,000 signature thing is thing to confuse the fans since the petition has no way of reaching it in that time. OR Sakurai could be considering Reggie for planned DLC if the petition gets that high.
What if there's a Mii option and you can play as the Mii's you've met? Which means you can be Reggie and he has unique moves.

I can see Reggie as a trophy, maybe a very rare AT, or included as a character (along with every human) as a Mii.
That works too. He could be like Mew but with an AT.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I would rather have Miis fill the entire roster that are weak imitations of every character than have Reggie (not Reggii)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Are you sure?
The prime series IS canon.
You may be confusing it for a small timeline error, in which it states that the games are like this:
Metroid 1
Prime series
Metroid 2
Super Metroid
Other M
Fusion

In Other M Samus states, "I never worked for the Confederacy." But in Prime (which took place before Other M) she was working with the Confederacy.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I feel like Mewtwo is portrayed as evil too much, as I mentioned before. Mewtwo isn't evil. I'm sure you've heard that quote he says. Even in the game he's not evil, he's just a psychic, not all psychics are evil.
...Since when did anybody say that every psychic type was evil?

hold up....is the Prime series really not canon???
It'd be incredibly stupid. Much moreso than MGS Portable Ops not being canon.

---

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think telekensis just can make just about everyone commit an evil act. A second of rage and all the sort of trouble one cause.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
it's not
Other M contradicts the Prime seriesso they just said "Prime is no longer canon"
it sucks :glare:
Wait...
Then if Prime isn't canon, then that screws up the timeline again!

Unlike most nintendo villains, Ridley has a logical way of returning each time.
When you fight him in Metroid 1, he gets injured but survives.
To heal himself he needs metal plating for his body and becomes meta Ridley in the Prime games.
After the Prime games he heals himself and takes off the metallic plates to fight Samus again in Super Metroid.
During the final fight with Ridley in Super Metroid he completely and utterly dies.
BUT! His DNA is used to make a clone of him in Other M, which Samus fights.
Queen Metroid ends up killing that Ridley clone.
In Fusion, some X parasites infect the Ridley Clone's corpse and being it to life, only for Samus to kill again.

Prime manages to screw up everything.
Thanks Primbama!

andimidna

Smash Master
Ok, I've been seeing this guy pop up here again and again so I'll just ask- Who is Daitoryo?

Pic of the day. There are many changes being made to attack and defense options for grabbing edges. In this picture, Link is actually trumping Mario's grab.

Some other changes include:
-Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge.
-Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I'm stuck choosing which 2 retros to join ice climbers and Mr G&W
Here are my options:

Lip
Takamaru
Urban Champ
Sukapon
ROB
Muddy Mole
Lolo & Lala
Match Rider
Duck Hunt Dog + Duck
Bubbles
Balloon Fighter
Mike Jones
Bub
Dig Dug

Thanks! Please give me your opinion. (Yes, I know dig dug and bub are 3rd party)

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm stuck choosing which 2 retros to join ice climbers and Mr G&W
Here are my options:

Lip
Takamaru
Urban Champ
Sukapon
ROB
Muddy Mole
Lolo & Lala
Match Rider
Duck Hunt Dog + Duck
Bubbles
Balloon Fighter
Mike Jones
Bub
Dig Dug

Thanks! Please give me your opinion. (Yes, I know dig dug and bub are 3rd party)
Balloon Fighter is basically deconfirmed. Sakurai talked about the difficulty of adding Sukapon and Mach Rider around the time of Melee, so I don't think they'd work. Plus Sukapon is from a fighting game, and we know what Sakurai thinks of adding characters from those... Mike Jones didn't reach Japan (I think), if this is true, I doubt Sakurai would really care about adding him. I like the idea of adding Lip and Takamaru.

Woah. ROB is on your list. Well that changes things... I have all 3 tbh, but I think Takamaru might be added over Lip. I don't think any character from Brawl will be removed. (Except maybe Squirtle and Ivysaur getting replaced by Blastoise and Venusaur). I'd prioritize this as... 1. ROB, 2. Takamaru, 3. Lip.... I'm not sure after that though.

Your mother.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Daitouryou

A character who would represent the Hanafuda card game. Specifically, Nintendo's brands.

I believe "Daitoryo" translates to "president", even though Napoleon wasn't a president.

----

Wait. So it's not even a Videogame character? And how would that work? Would you play as Napoleon or would you play as a deck of cards?...

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
hold up....is the Prime series really not canon???
Sakamoto became mad that people liked the series better than Other M, so he deemed them non-canon, despite his support for the trilogy pre-Other M.

*Cough cough* Ridley *Cough cough* K Rool *Cough cough*.

Ok honestly I don't know if K Rool can outweigh Bowser if he makes the cut. Unless I do the research on their weights. :oneeye:
Ridley wouldn't be heavier than Bowser I'm sure, even in his Other M appearance he's still pretty slim. K. Rool on the other hand could easily be heavier.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would have liked Other M better if it wasn't for the way Samus acquires powers

and the parts where you have to spot something wrong

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
not sure if everyone knows about these yet, but:

untitled.png

high possibility Palutena got leaked, and unlike the other leaks we heard about, this one hasn't been dismissed as fake, your guys thought?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom