• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Usually I am hesitant with leaks, but I want this one to be real so bad...I'm finding it tough to find something wrong with this. But that's why we need a comparison to her KI: U and Brawl models. We can't be sure until we figure out that the model is unique to itself and what have you.

On the other hand, I don't really get why a person with the appropriate knowledge of the game would leak it to 4chan. Just, why?
Well, 4chan sure spread the word really fast. I think it was because of that.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
What makes Palutena likely? Her association to Sora Ltd. and the notion that Pit essentially replaced Yoshi as a front-runner. The series revival and the sales of Uprising. Her popularity, she even got a little funny anime spin-off. Sakurai would have to blatantly disregard her plausibility for her not to get the "approval" rating or whatever, the priority list. She is most certainly on it.
Basically the same reason I feel Mother got two characters; their association with HAL.

I'm probably one of the few people here who would be 100% fine with Kid Icarus just keeping Pit and that's it. If that leak turns out to be true, good for Palutena fans I guess, but I'm with Cobalsh; promise to make more KI games and maybe I'll consider Palutena worthwhile.

Whilst we're at it, get on with making some F-Zero too, goddammit. I want my Goroh eventually.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Wanna knowa series that has 3 games and 2 reps, Earthbound, that's my argument.
Also Palutena is the Zelda of the series, the next most important character after the protagonist.
Counter-argument: Skaurai likes Earthbound, and when Lucas didn't work for Melee, he put him in Brawl. Like he did with Bowser and Mewtwo from 64-Melee.
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad Glad to have someone on my side. If KI get's a new rep, which it shouldn't, it should be Medusa for being a villain, a female, and having good moveset potential.

Morbi

Scavenger
Basically the same reason I feel Mother got two characters; their association with HAL.

I'm probably one of the few people here who would be 100% fine with Kid Icarus just keeping Pit and that's it. If that leak turns out to be true, good for Palutena fans I guess, but I'm with Cobalsh; promise to make more KI games and maybe I'll consider Palutena worthwhile.

Whilst we're at it, get on with making some F-Zero too, goddammit. I want my Goroh eventually.
Actually, that is a very valid point, if Nintendo doesn't have any intention of actually following up on Kid Icarus, Sakurai might not actually view her as a likely candidate that allows the roster to withstand the persistence of time. He adds characters that will actually be utilized in future titles, as to keep Nintendo consistent and Smash relevant. That is one of the first plausible anti-Palutena arguments that I have heard.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
What really makes Palutena likely? Pikmin has three games, but one rep. Why should Pale tuna get in? What makes her unique? We already have two magic girls, and a few more magic guys. Is it because Sakurai made KI:U? That's bull****, pardon my Canadian-French. It's not a major franchise, and her spot should be given to someone more deserving, like a new series with some games under it's belt, like Chibi-Robo, Sin and Punishment, Golden Sun, Dillon's Rolling Western, another F-Zero rep, another Pikmin rep, Pushmo, even the goddamn Hercules series. Consider this.
So much butthurt, loving it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Why is that? People have been beating that image to death, and no one has found anything alluding to its falseness.

Well, the first one is the one that seems weird to me.

Mainly because the outline is inconsistent throughout the model, and, most importantly, inconsistent with Mario. Also, her proportions are strange and don't match up with the second image. Also, she's in her standard pose that she's usually seen in, so that detracts from it's plausibility somewhat.

I think the problem is this one uses the Brawl model, instead of the Uprising.

Also, there's the fact that the floatiing symbol behind her (don't know it's actual name) looks kinda like it was an image of it but sheared. Then again, that may be because it's flat.

The second image, however, is absolutely fantastic. The shading, the outline, the unique pose...all right on the money.
I don't see it any problems with it other than the context (which couldn't be ascertained from the image by itself)
Another thing I like about the second one is that it's just got Palutena, no other characters. Many phony leaks try too
hard by picturing the characters with other characters, leaving it open to ridicule by comparing the two.

It's also focused right on the console, which it good, since it makes no sense when leaks are wobbly weird side snapshots.

Both of the images are huge, which is a good sign because camera snapshots are generally over 1500x1500 in size. So if it's not a snapshot, then they were really clever in making them that big.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So much butthurt, loving it.
I'm not butthurt, if she get's in then good for her, Sakurai knows more than me. But I will feel as if some part of me has died. It's like if they made a show about ponies with similar dispositions. Oh, wait..
The fact that I may have insulted half the board is delightful.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not butthurt, if she get's in then good for her, Sakurai knows more than me. But I will feel as if some part of me has died. It's like if they made a show about ponies with similar dispositions. Oh, wait..
The fact that I may have insulted half the board is delightful.
Everyone has that character that they just don't see working out. I know Shulk is one of the more commonly speculated characters, but he has a lot of opposers as well. It is just more rare to find someone not as receptive to characters like Palutena, Little Mac, K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo. You know, the typical "shoe-in" characters. I mean, personally, I feel the exact same way about K. Rool.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Y'all just butthurt because you want Samurai Goroh.

I have never even played a Kid Icarus game, and even I think she deserves a spot.
If this was aimed at me:

Butthurt would imply I hate her. I merely don't care about her.

I save butthurt exclusively for characters who I genuinely hate. Like Shadow the Hedgehog. If Shadow gets in as playable, then you'll see the butthurt.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If this was aimed at me:

Butthurt would imply I hate her. I merely don't care about her.

I save butthurt exclusively for characters who I genuinely hate. Like Shadow the Hedgehog. If Shadow gets in as playable, then you'll see the butthurt.
I was mostly referring to Cobalsh, who went on a huge rant about how Palutena is undeserving.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Her light powers as a goddess is what makes her unique, it's pretty damn obvious.
Rosalina. Zelda uses Light Magic as well, but isn't a goddess. But I guess Palutena has a stick, so that makes her a special little snowflake. :p

Anyway, I think it's cute when people talk about how they're not going to buy a WiiU if one character does/doesn't get in. It's like, "You're seriously basing a purchase of around $300 around a single character? Really?".

Baaaaaaad judgment, kiddos.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Has it still not been proven wrong?

A thought I had on the way to the DMV. Her eyes are inconsistent with Pit's. But then again, I'm pretty sure Pit's eyes are bigger anyway.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Rosalina. Zelda uses Light Magic as well, but isn't a goddess. But I guess Palutena has a stick, so that makes her a special little snowflake. :p

Anyway, I think it's cute when people talk about how they're not going to buy a WiiU if one character does/doesn't get in. It's like, "You're seriously basing a purchase of around $300 around a single character? Really?".

Baaaaaaad judgment, kiddos.
Yeah, but you know they're going to buy it anyway.

D

Deleted member

Are you sure?
I'm sure.

Sakamoto said that he didn't take them into account when making Other M, but he never said they weren't canon to the story.

So yeah, Other M makes some contradictions to the Prime Trilogy, but it makes contradictions to Fusion as well from what I have read.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Newcomers: Rosalina and Luma, Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Villager, Palutena, Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Dillon or Muddy Mole, Shulk, Mach Rider, Pac-Man, Chibi-Robo
Returning Veteran: Mewtwo
Cut: Lucas, Snake

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Depends on what kind of customization you mean.
I'm trying to switch which slot a custom texture replaces. It seems like the ones I downloaded are coded to go over Samus's standard suit and Dark Suit, because no matter what, I can't switch them to the Pink Suit and Gravity Suit, respectively. I've changed the names to FitSamus03 and FitSamus05 accordingly, but no matter how much I go in and rename, they won't change slots.

I think he's talking about customized Brawl models?

If he's referring to the leak, of course.
No, just Brawl stuff. It's off-topic, but when is this thread not.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm trying to switch which slot a custom texture replaces. It seems like the ones I downloaded are coded to go over Samus's standard suit and Dark Suit, because no matter what, I can't switch them to the Pink Suit and Gravity Suit, respectively. I've changed the names to FitSamus03 and FitSamus05 accordingly, but no matter how much I go in and rename, they won't change slots.
As in if you rename FitSamus05 to FitSamus03 it still stays over the Dark Suit and doesn't switch to Fusion? Because that sounds incredibly odd. What do you use to execute the codes? Ocarina, Riivolution, or?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Guys one of the golden jewels on Palutena's dress is unique. It resembles a power star from Mario. I think this is significant.
Yeah, saw this in the other thread you posted it in. That's way too obscure for a faker to really give a rat's ass about. I'm fairly convinced the picture is real honestly, but I don't really care an awful lot about Pale Tuna, so eh.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
As in if you rename FitSamus05 to FitSamus03 it still stays over the Dark Suit and doesn't switch to Fusion? Because that sounds incredibly odd. What do you use to execute the codes? Ocarina, Riivolution, or?
I'm using the Smash Stack method with Project M.

I have two colors; a new purple and a new Red Team costume. I'm wanting to make them replace the Gravity Suit and Pink Suit respectively; they were both originally FitSamus01 and FitSamus04, and I'm trying to get them to become FitSamus02 (or whatever) and FitSamus05, but they won't swtich, no matter how much I rename within them or the file itself.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Guys one of the golden jewels on Palutena's dress is unique. It resembles a power star from Mario. I think this is significant.
Interesting. Thats some pretty good attention to detail, something only someone making the game would do.

I will still remain skeptical, however, that does look pretty believable.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Palutena is an Assist Trophy...I just don't see the logic behind that.

I'm a Palutena supporter. I'm not the loudest, but Kid Icarus Uprising was a great game that really fleshed out Palutena's character and personality. She's a great character that I could easily see getting in the game...

The more evidence I see...the more I think this is legit. There is much more going for it to be true than false.

I think it would be a gigantic waste to make her an Assist Trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom