• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think Palutena has a 99% chance of being playable in the game now.
I wouldn't got that far, I mean, Mewtwo has a 99% chance. I still don't think Palutena is quite where Mewtwo is in terms of likeliness. I mean, I suppose, assuming the leak is real, she would obviously have a 99% chance as she is already in. Haha.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd imagine that most of the people would want to talk about Palutena. But I feel that discussion would be better off in the Rumor Thread, since that has the more prominent conversation going on.

Then again, not much else is going on at the moment characters wise. I would like to say I'm feeling a little more confident that Diddy is getting shown in February, don't ask me why though. I'm not even entirely sure why myself.

So.......How about that Ridley? He's a pretty cool Space Dragon. I think he has a decent shot at being playable. I wouldn't say he's a lock, but he could be a really fun heavyweight. Like Ganondorf in Melee was. Though of course he would have a different playstyle than Ganon.

josh bones

Smash Lord

So.......How about that Ridley? He's a pretty cool Space Dragon. I think he has a decent shot at being playable. I wouldn't say he's a lock, but he could be a really fun heavyweight. Like Ganondorf in Melee was. Though of course he would have a different playstyle than Ganon.
2 Bihg

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Hi! What do you think of my roster? I know it's not organised, but that's because I suck at organizing rosters. Anyway, I hope you like it!

I'm willing to explain my choices. As for the 6 undecided characters, I think they could be:

So, what do you think of my roster? Sorry for the long post. I don't know how to use spoilers. :D this is my first roster
Unlike everyone that is joking, I'm gonna give you a real analysis. I don't think we are going to get a 6th Mario character, unless it is Dr. Mario. Ghirahim is not likely. Bandana Dee is important enough but not really needed. I don't think we are going to get a 5th Kirby character. You should replace Krystal with Wolf, bring back all Pokémon veterans and remove Magnus, Waluigi and the 3rd Wario character spot. Samurai Goroh and Kamek are the same as Bandana Dee. You should bring back Snake and remove all other third-parties with maybe the exception of Pacman. Bring back R.O.B. too. Also, I don't think we will get that many new series and retro newcomers. Just Takamaru and Little Mac + confirmed newcomers is enough.

That is just my two cents, don't take it too seriously. I'm not the master of speculations or anything like that. ;)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hi! What do you think of my roster? I know it's not organised, but that's because I suck at organizing rosters. Anyway, I hope you like it!

I'm willing to explain my choices. As for the 6 undecided characters, I think they could be:

So, what do you think of my roster? Sorry for the long post. I don't know how to use spoilers. :D this is my first roster
Welcome to Smash Boards. Anyway a few things before we to your roster.

1. If you want to use Spoilers on this site, type down [ collapse ] [ / collapse ]. But without the spaces in-between.
2. Getting rid of the gray spaces would make this easier to look through. And take up less space.

As for your roster, I would recommend that you cut a few retro characters and a few misc characters. Who they are is up to you of course. Maybe swap Chrom for Ike and then choose who you want from Fire Emblem. Try to cut one of the third party characters, and perhaps replace one more with Snake.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
He specifically said Fire Red, anyway. You don't have to get the three starters in Yellow. There's also the fact that the Pokemon Trainer isn't "Red," he's meant to represent the general main character of Pokemon, not just the first protagonist specifically.
Except that in the johto games AND the PWT he is trainer character you face, thus making him canonically Red, with a pikachu, venusaur, charizard, blastiose, lapras/espeon and snorlax. So he isnt represented properly

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Oh look!
We are talking about the Pale Tuna leak!

I may be wrong, but didn't the leaker state that Pale Tuna is an assist?
She is standing off to the back, and it doesn't really look like she is on the same Y Axis as Mario where she is standing, and it looks like she is standing off to the side where an assist could stand.

Also, quick question, I had an idea today and before I do it, I wanna ask this.
How many people here would sign a petition to Nintendo saying to bring old cancelled games to Virtual Console?
Games like Earthbound 64, aura Zelda, Starfox 2, Kirby Tilt n' Tumble 2, and other games like that.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Oh look!

She is standing off to the back, and it doesn't really look like she is on the same Y Axis as Mario where she is standing, and it looks like she is standing off to the side where an assist could stand.

How many people here would sign a petition to Nintendo saying to bring old cancelled games to Virtual Console?
Games like Earthbound 64, aura Zelda, Starfox 2, Kirby Tilt n' Tumble 2, and other games like that.
I would! Because this means we would get another Mother game! :love:

Reznor

work in progress
Oh look!

doesn't matter how many people sign it Nintendo doesn't listen to petitions
and yes I would sign it

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Leaks are leaks. Never hold them in high regard. No matter how decent. Don't forget Ness 'n Puff.
The only reason that people are super hyped about this leak is that it's a new character. A popular new character to boot. With Ness and Jigglypuff, we kind of knew they'd be back, we had no reason to doubt that. But I will say both leaks were well done. That is, if Palutena's isn't real.

If it uses frlg design, it's Red.
If they change his design, it's not Red.
Simple.
Yeah pretty much. I hope they use the Pokemon Origins voice actor. I found myself liking that voice more since he sounded more masculine and less cartoony. Though by no means was the old voice bad.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
doesn't matter how many people sign it Nintendo doesn't listen to petitions
and yes I would sign it
Project Rainfall says otherwise. It made 3 games come to America.
And the Reggie for Smash petition which Reggie tells people to sign, and that only had around 30,000 signatures when he first mentioned it.

And they have to be aware of Project Moonfall. They hinted at a Majora's Mask remake so many times now!

I would! Because this means we would get another Mother game! :love:
In case you didn't know, Mother 3 was originally for the N64, and was called Earthbound 64, and it had the same story, except the story was darker, AND IT WAS IN 3D!!!!
So really, you wouldn't be getting a new Mother game, but a better Mother game.

Reznor

work in progress
Project Rainfall says otherwise. It made 3 games come to America.
And the Reggie for Smash petition which Reggie tells people to sign, and that only had around 30,000 signatures when he first mentioned it.

And they have to be aware of Project Moonfall. They hinted at a Majora's Mask remake so many times now!

In case you didn't know, Mother 3 was originally for the N64, and was called Earthbound 64, and it had the same story, except the story was darker, AND IT WAS IN 3D!!!!
im just saying what people have said in this other thread

http://smashboards.com/threads/all-...-for-gamecube-controllers-for-smash-4.345673/

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I think it would be kinda like a new game, just like how the third versions of Pokémon games (Crystal, Emerald, etc.) are the same as the previous paired versions but with some litle new things.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wait what? Confused :3

And am I the only one who preffered medusa over plautena?
He's saying that the current design of the Pokemon Trainer is Red. And unlike most the other Pokemon Trainers(even his female counterpart)Red has appeared in multiple games other than remakes. On of that, he's one of the few whose default name was consistent. So the character is more notable But if the design has changed, then it's clearly not Red, as it will be a new character.

As for the Medusa thing. You aren't the only one. I think that @Shortiecanbrawl likes Medusa more than Palutena. And I wouldn't say are wrong for doing so.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Let's find a new topic, shall we?
Give me a list of ten joke characters. Then we can talk about them for a whopping total of 3 post. After that we'll keep talking about the leak. Or Fire Emblem. Or Impa. Or Ol' Sweepy, the Janitor and Old man Jenkins.

Okay...

What do you guys think will be the Fire Emblem newcomer this game?
Krom K. Rool, Roydley, Lympa, Anna Kong, or Little Robin.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Something that would probably please everyone: Ganondorf gets his own move set, Samurai Goroh becomes a sluggish clone of Captain Falcon that uses electricity instead of fire (which would represent his vehicle "The Stingray"), and then MAYBE we can get Takamaru too!

Here is the clone move set I found:
Samurai_Goroh__s_Moveset_by_AngstyGuy.jpg

And for his Side Special, Goroh thrusts forward and slashes his katanna upward.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Something that would probably please everyone: Ganondorf gets his own move set, Samurai Goroh becomes a sluggish clone of Captain Falcon that uses electricity instead of fire (which would represent his vehicle "The Stingray"), and then MAYBE we can get Takamaru too!

What's the point of losing a clone if we get another one?

Louie G.

Smash Hero

I like it.
Although I would rather have a unique Goroh instead of a cloney Goroh.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
No. The Brawl photo is a mod created to put Palutena in the game. She wasn't leaked for Brawl.

Edit: I get you now. There were leaks, but not many that looked this good.

Edit 2: Additionally, I don't think Palutena not being a surprise character takes anything away from it. It's still a leak of a hype worthy character for a decent chunk of fans.
So what's your official opinion? Real or fake?
(I personally think it's fake due to their being no way to obtain it, but that's just me)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I would say that Black Shadow would be the better fit for a Semi-clone of Falcon. While Goroh can get a more original moveset. At the very least, it should be "Goroh Stab" instead of Goroh Punch, I mean the dude has a sword for a reason. I do like the electricity idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom