• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
who's hair? tuna's?
I would assume that's what he's talking about. But I don't think the hair is that much darker than her normal colors. This is coming from someone who is still skeptical himself.

Why does everyone refer to Palutena as Pale Tuna?
It started when Roy and Chrom got the nickname Rye and Corn. Then most of the popular characters got food nicknames too. So did Kraid, despite him not being as popular.

My personal favorite is King K. Rool-Aid.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Also, quick question, I had an idea today and before I do it, I wanna ask this.
How many people here would sign a petition to Nintendo saying to bring old cancelled games to Virtual Console?
Games like Earthbound 64, aura Zelda, Starfox 2, Kirby Tilt n' Tumble 2, and other games like that.
- Earthbound 64 will never officially see the light of day because it would be way too unfinished to be playable (It was scrapped due to the dev team having little experience with 3D modeling).
- Starfox 2 was finished and is easily obtainable online; Nintendo has stated they won't release it officially unfortunately. Would be cool though.
- Ura Zelda became Majora's Mask. The team responsible for the expansion was disgruntled with basically redoing the same game again and were given the chance to create something new. The project became known as Zelda Gaiden and was released as Majora's Mask. What was left of the Ura project were the remixed dungeons which were salvaged and released officially as Master Quest. Zelda fanatics online that argue otherwise overblow the concepts and ideas Nintendo shared about Ura out of proportion when that's literally all they were. That and point to scrapped elements from Ocarina of Time that had nothing to do with the expansion.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You do? Well, you liked my Palutena moveset video, and that video's real name during creation was "PALETUNAGOTSDEMOMEGA3ZS" ...that't not a joke, I give all my videos stupid names like that when they're being made.
It's just, I understand Corn and Rye, given that both are considered boring or bland by users here.
But Palutena, although some idiots argue that she would be similar to Zelda, could be a very unique addition to Smash that nobody is particularly against.
Calling her "Pale Tuna" is insulting the character, in my opinion, and Palutena is one of my favorite characters in video games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But the sword was already in your Goroh moveset. Hell, the *******'s Side B uses his sword, why not for another attack? Where as Ganon's moveset didn't feature a sword whatsoever. That and Ganon is more about Dark Magic and power. People really want to sword as they see it to be an easy way to no longer make him a clone. At least, that's my theory.

I just don't want Ganon's entire moveset to be nothing but sword swipes. That'd be boring as all hell. I like his original(as in the ones Falcon doesn't use)attacks just fine. I really feel like he should keep those.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It's just, I understand Corn and Rye, given that both are considered boring or bland by users here.
But Palutena, although some idiots argue that she would be similar to Zelda, could be a very unique addition to Smash that nobody is particularly against.
Calling her "Pale Tuna" is insulting the character, in my opinion, and Palutena is one of my favorite characters in video games.
Hey, it's not like I'm saying it to insult the character, I'm just saying it to give a joke to the name of the video. I mean, for others I gave "IZNOBIRDUBIRD" to Robin's video, "ORDLYUDONTSAY" to Ridley's video, and one I'm not entirely proud of, "TAKEAMARUDOWNTOWNTOTHECHINESEBUFFET" for Takamaru. :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I could've sworn I saw somebody post Amanda Bynes for snasg bros on Miiverse.
Hey, I know you're kinda new here, but can you please try to stay on topic instead of just posting random gifs all the time?
I don't want to sound rude or anything, but they don't add to the conversation whatsoever.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Except that in the johto games AND the PWT he is trainer character you face, thus making him canonically Red, with a pikachu, venusaur, charizard, blastiose, lapras/espeon and snorlax. So he isnt represented properly
And in Brawl, he's Pokemon Trainer. Not Red, he represents the main playable character of Pokemon, not any specific one.
Since when has Smash Bros stuck to canon in the first place?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey, I know you're kinda new here, but can you please try to stay on topic instead of just posting random gifs all the time?
I don't want to sound rude or anything, but they don't add to the conversation whatsoever.
Excuse me for trying to add emotion into my comments.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Excuse me for trying to add emotion into my comments.
Hey, I tried to be nice.
Just saying "what" in your comments (not this one time, just some other times) isn't really adding OR detracting from the conversation.
You're just there. If you want to get more involved, jump right in.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey, I tried to be nice.
Just saying "what" in your comments (not this one time, just some other times) isn't really adding OR detracting from the conversation.
You're just there. If you want to get more involved, jump right in.
It's not my fault that I use .gifs. Even if so,it doesn't mean they're pointlessly used.

It's my life.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
his final smash would be backhanding Wasp right :pimp:
Damn......that's cold.

And in Brawl, he's Pokemon Trainer. Not Red, he represents the main playable character of Pokemon, not any specific one.
Since when has Smash Bros stuck to canon in the first place?
Never did. But since it's Red's design, I tend to call him Red myself.

Do you believe this leak Palutena picture "Real or Fake"
You're late to the party my friend. The leaks and Rumors thread would be the best choice for this topic.

andimidna

Smash Master
Since almost nobody gave opnions about my roster, here is it again:

I know I'm late, but I like doing this. 5 Mario characters, perfect. I'd prefer if Dixie was in a team with Diddy, not sure how unique she'd be alone. Sure, she has her own moves, it's just what I'd prefer. 9-volt doesn't beat Captain Syrup, Mona, Kat and Ana, or Jimmy T in any criteria I can think of. I'd call him the 5th most likely Wario newcomer. I'm confused by your choice of artstyle for Zelda characters. Twilight Princess Link, Skyward Sword Zelda, Ocarina of Time Sheik, and Skyward Sword... Demise? Hmm... if they were going to put Demise, why would we have Twilight Princess Link and Zelda return? Odd Yoshi placement. Metroid- perfect. Kid Icarus-... no. In Japan, Kid Icarus is called Myth of Palutena in Japan. It would be awkward to include anybody over her. Plus, Palutena is the next most requested AND the next most important. Iconic + Fanbase = good shot. Plus, the possible leak, which looks real. Isaac, sure. Kirby, perfect. Pikmin, perfect. ROB, probably. Starfox, as much as I'd love Krystal, what you have is more likely. F-Zero, maybe... it's anybody's guess whether FZero will make a big return to Wii U, or Goroh joining just joining because F-Zero is still very loved. I wouldn't count on it. But he'd be the one added. I'd say there's a... 35-40% chance? Sylveon. Ok, Eevee and her eeveelutions are probably the best Pokemon newcomer choice. But I don't think we'll get any real newcomers outside of the Pokemon Trainer. Mewtwo and Lucario still both have their reasons to return. Fire Emblem. Robin is a great choice, and they could easily go with Robin, but Chrom is more likely and more requested. I like the idea of a team 'Chrom and Lucina', but I still love the idea of Robin or Lyn or even Anna. I also think we'll get 3, I want to see more Fire Emblem. Marth, Ike, Chrom is what I see happening, but Robin would be very unique. Little Mac, of course. Glass Joe... um... who the **** is that?
Wonder Red, we'll, I'd love to see this to, but it didn't do too well. The guy who made it already wants to make a sequel, but they might not because of it's sales. If Wonderful 102 is ever announced, he'd have a good shot. Earthbound, perfect. Ice Climbers, yes. Mr. Resseti... hm.. not sure about him... moving around. And I don't think AC needs 2 reps, they were hesitant to add 1, and they already added the best choice. Game&Watch, yes. Duck Hunt Dog, I don't think this will happen, out of the potential retro characters, why an annoying dog that doesn't have real movements and attacks? Snake, yes. Sonic, yes. Megaman, yes. Pac Man, yes. Ok, you should probably fix that awkward empty space at the bottom. A random space should be under Pac Man. For the other empty space, here are some choices: 1. Shulk, 2. Takamaru, 3. Lip, 4. a Sin and Punishment character. Shulk is one of the more likely choices. It might be Lip OR Takamaru, both might be unnecessary, but I'd like it. Saki is pretty equal with Isaac, but one or the other might be more realistic. So consider these, or anybody else you might've had in your head but didn't include in this roster.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Seriously though,it's my fault if I get myself in trouble. You were telling me like I'm Saturn and I cant post JonTron videos.
Well, at least you post your gifs with good reasons behind it other than to demean others. So in a way, you're much better. :p (You need more Ludicolo gifs though. :p)

I'd much rather have any Pokemon rep, be it Mewtwo, Trainer, Jiggz, or Lucario. I want someone else for Pokemon. We've had a dearth in Pokemon lately, and it makes me sad.
Hey, it ain't too much to support Zoroark is it? I mean, I know I do. :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Actually, these models cannot be found in Uprising OR Brawl.
It's a brand new model, a blend of the two.
You don't completely know that,and also,Why would Sakurai completely post a picture of the WRONG. 3DS XL he uses.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This is not from Sakurai.
Check out the Rumors and Leaks thread to find out why this leak is more than meets the eye.
I'm too lazy too look up the link,and I would keep it a mystery anyways.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
You don't completely know that,and also,Why would Sakurai completely post a picture of the WRONG. 3DS XL he uses.
1. People have been discussing this picture for ~24 hours now. They are aware that this is a new model.
2. Sakurai wouldn't leak anything about his game.

Anyways, topic related for the Palutena leak.

IF the Palutena leak is real, what do you think it means for the roster? Are there any characters who get their chances raised by her inclusion? Do any get lowered?

Reznor

work in progress
i'm bored so here are my ideas for new pokemon trainers for each gen

Johto - Totodile, Quilava, Meganium

Hoen - Treecko, Marshtomp, Blaziken

Sinnoh - Chimchar, Grotle, Empoleon

Unova - they all suck :awesome:

Kalos - Chespin, Braixen, Greninja (pretty sure every one will agree with this one)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i'm bored so here are my ideas for new pokemon trainers for each gen

Johto - Totodile, Quilava, Meganium

Hoen - Treecko, Marshtomp, Blaziken

Sinnoh - Chimchar, Grotle, Empoleon

Unova - they all suck :awesome:

Kalos - Chespin, Braixen, Greninja (pretty sure every one will agree with this one)
Beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom