• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm using the Smash Stack method with Project M.

I have two colors; a new purple and a new Red Team costume. I'm wanting to make them replace the Gravity Suit and Pink Suit respectively; they were both originally FitSamus01 and FitSamus04, and I'm trying to get them to become FitSamus02 (or whatever) and FitSamus05, but they won't swtich, no matter how much I rename within them or the file itself.
Some custom costumes don't work unless they go over specific skins, but to my knowledge that only happen with characters who have direct model changes per costumes. For example, I have a custom skin for Jigglypuff with the bandana from Melee, but it can only go over the green hat. That really shouldn't happen with simple skin changes though. Is it the only custom costumes you have that do this? If so, do you think you could find them where you downloaded them?

If Palutena is an Assist Trophy...I just don't see the logic behind that.

I'm a Palutena supporter. I'm not the loudest, but Kid Icarus Uprising was a great game that really fleshed out Palutena's character and personality. She's a great character that I could easily see getting in the game...

The more evidence I see...the more I think this is legit. There is much more going for it to be true than false.

I think it would be a gigantic waste to make her an Assist Trophy.
There's nothing that suggests her being an AT, someone misintepreted an anon who joked that she was an AT as the source, but the source himself apparently hasn't commented outside of saying "Palutena Confirmed."

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Some custom costumes don't work unless they go over specific skins, but to my knowledge that only happen with characters who have direct model changes per costumes. For example, I have a custom skin for Jigglypuff with the bandana from Melee, but it can only go over the green hat. That really shouldn't happen with simple skin changes though. Is it the only custom costumes you have that do this? If so, do you think you could find them where you downloaded them?
Well, all of them are from the same place, and I have the same problem changing all of the-

...right. I'll be right back.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I went back and read through the thread on 4chan myself.

A few of them raise good points. Her hands are...weird. The way she grasps her staff seems odd. She doesn't have a firm grip on it like Link has on the Master Sword. But there really is no way to tell that that even matters.

90% of the users on 4chan are idiots anyway. They're using several pictures to try and disconfirm it. I'll post a few of them.

Alright, here we are:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
There was a leak like that in pre-Brawl? I mean a photo and everthing?

In my opnion is fake, why Paulatena? Why not leak the "surprise" char?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There was a leak like that in pre-Brawl? I mean a photo and everthing?

In my opnion is fake, why Paulatena? Why not leak the "surprise" char?
No. The Brawl photo is a mod created to put Palutena in the game. She wasn't leaked for Brawl.

Edit: I get you now. There were leaks, but not many that looked this good.

Edit 2: Additionally, I don't think Palutena not being a surprise character takes anything away from it. It's still a leak of a hype worthy character for a decent chunk of fans.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh. Well I'm sure there were, but most of them looked pretty bad. Especially the Sonic ones. This one looks very detailed, to the point where it's tough to determine if it's fake or not.

I would need some solid proof to determine they're fake.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There wasn't any real photo leaks until close to the game's release iirc. However, Brawl was very much behind closed doors for its whole development cycle outside of the Dojo of course, where as Smash 4 goes the length of giving additional pictures to social media pages, Sakurai having contact with Kotaku on a monthly basis, not to mention Namco Bandai being on the ride this time around who iirc are a bit more open than Nintendo usually is.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Have we discussed the starman?
That is very significant...
I think that's the "smoking gun" of the whole thing. That isn't consistent with ANY Palutena model from my knowledge (which isn't incredibly great), but if others are picking up on it, then it must be SOMETHING.

Setting aside my own bias for wanting Palutena in, I DO still think this is legit. It's just so...detailed, particular, and there aren't any real discrepancies as far as I know.

D

Deleted member

Not really sure how to feel about this; on one hand, Palutena does deserve a playable role out of all KI characters other than Pit, but on the other, I had developed doubts about her while seeing Dark Pit as more likely to appear, and I'm tired of Sakurai screwing with my thought processes.

I guess just "meh".

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not really sure how to feel about this; on one hand, Palutena does deserve a playable role out of all KI characters other than Pit, but on the other, I had developed doubts about her while seeing Dark Pit as more likely to appear, and I'm tired of Sakurai screwing with my thought processes.

I guess just "meh".
Do you think the picture is legit or fake? I'm just wondering because you usually have reasonable opinions on things.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're doing well, and I can see the Palutena pictures have everyone's attention here too. To be honest, there's so much about it that screams real, but the whole fact that it's an actual leak from Smash Bros seems fishy in itself...I can't remember there ever being a legit character leak for the franchise. Not to mention I personally had hoped it'd be Mewtwo or Ridley, just to stir things up, but Palutena is definitely worth the attention.

D

Deleted member

Do you think the picture is legit or fake? I'm just wondering because you usually have reasonable opinions on things.
I feel it's legit.

When I first saw them last night, I was rather skeptical considering that older Ness/Jigglypuff fake, but as time went on and there was really nothing that discredits them while there were details that would have to be real, I'm on the belief that these are legit.

If they aren't, they're damn good fakes.

I can't remember there ever being a legit character leak for the franchise
Sakurai accidentally leaked Ness' and Jigglypuff's return as well as Lucario's inclusion in Brawl with a video clip on Stickers. (Then quickly edited the three out)

EDIT: And while a veteran, Donkey Kong was briefly included in the "15 Second Presentation" for Brawl that was shown off the day before Donkey Kong was revealed.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I feel it's legit.

When I first saw them last night, I was rather skeptical considering that older Ness/Jigglypuff fake, but as time went on and there was really nothing that discredits them while there were details that would have to be real, I'm on the belief that these are legit.

If they aren't, they're damn good fakes.
I feel essentially the same. There's just too much that seems legit. I see a lot of users in other threads thinking it's fake basically just because. Not because there is actual evidence as to why it's fake.

Overall, seeing as though this has been drawn out for awhile now, I firmly believe that this is real. The Ness and Jiggly picture was shot down within hours or minutes. This is much harder to decipher, because I firmly believe there is nothing to decipher. I don't like speaking in absolutes, but this is damn close.

Not that it means much, but a 4chan user tweeted the picture to Sakurai. He'll probably ignore it, but it wouldn't hurt to watch it.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Sakurai accidentally leaked Ness' and Jigglypuff's return as well as Lucario's inclusion in Brawl with a video clip on Stickers. (Then quickly edited the three out)

EDIT: And while a veteran, Donkey Kong was briefly included in the "15 Second Presentation" for Brawl that was shown off the day before Donkey Kong was revealed.
Well that's from Sakurai himself, and it was his own mistakes. The question here is...where did these images come from and who accordingly took them? Because I doubt it was Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't change the fact that there has been a legit leak from Smash before. :p

The leaks came from 4chan.
4chan is not normally the place where real leaks happen, right?
There are occasionally those nuggets of legit leaks.
IIRC, Greninja and Hawlucha were leaked from there.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
The leaks came from 4chan.
4chan is not normally the place where real leaks happen, right?
It's not, but 4chan has been right before, which has me torn even more on the matter. I want to say they're real, but even if they aren't, her chances for the game aren't any less than they were before.

Doesn't change the fact that there has been a legit leak from Smash before. :p
I'm not denying that now, but the thing was that they were mistakes from the developer of the game himself, this isn't the case...which leaves me puzzled on whether to believe it or not.

josh bones

Smash Lord
As a serious question, how would you feel if sakurai made mewtwo a stage hazard...... then confirms him as a character the next day.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
wouldnt that be better for ridley though, with all these people expecting him as stage element?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As a serious question, how would you feel if sakurai made mewtwo a stage hazard...... then confirms him as a character the next day.
Confused...mostly confused. But I would laugh at some of the more "obsessive" fans going crazy for a day. Then I would be hopeful, as this could mean any character with multiple incarnations can have multiple roles. Y'know other than Link that is.

Looks like the thread has over a million views.

Last edited:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Hi! What do you think of my roster? I know it's not organised, but that's because I suck at organizing rosters. Anyway, I hope you like it!

I'm willing to explain my choices. As for the 6 undecided characters, I think they could be:

So, what do you think of my roster? Sorry for the long post. I don't know how to use spoilers. :D this is my first roster

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hi! What do you think of my roster? I know it's not organised, but that's because I suck at organizing rosters. Anyway, I hope you like it!

I'm willing to explain my choices. As for the 6 undecided characters, I think they could be:

So, what do you think of my roster? Sorry for the long post. I don't know how to use spoilers. :D this is my first roster
Honestly, the roster's way too big, but it's okay because DEBBIE!!

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman

It has Waluigi. You win. 20/10. A/Z

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

It has no Prince Sable, Sable/10.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
So... what is the topic of discussion now? The Palutena leak? It seems real, but I won't consider her confirmed unil Sakurai confirms her.

KirbyKamikazi

Smash Cadet

Where the hell are the Landmasters & Metal Gears!?!? -10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom