• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm talking about potential newcomers not the confirmed ones.
My apologies. :dizzy:
Alright then I think I can think of a few. Mind you, these aren't the only characters I want, I'm just throwing in some ideas.

1) Little Mac. A full-on technical boxer would stand out quite a bit from the rest of the cast.

2) Ridley. Mostly an air focused character, a heavy one at that. Should use Command Grabs, given that he tends to snatch his opponents in many games. Throw in the Pogo-Tail for good measure too.

3) Zoroark. Not too likely. But could transform into other characters and the like. Has the chance to use a bunch of Dark-Type Pokemon moves too, Such as Feint attack and Pursuit.

4) King K. Rool. A heavy projectile user. Could use his blunderbuss as a means to mess with the opponents controls, if that isn't too overpowered.

5) Isaac. Likely would be the first character to use earth based attacks in Smash.

I'm sure other people can think of even better ways that these characters and others can be unique.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey guys, new roster. This might be my most refined roster.

Ideal Roster Roster.png

All vets return except for Sheik.

Newcomers:

- Rosalina
- King K. Rool
- Tetra
- Ridley
- Palutena
- Little Mac
- Takamaru
- Samurai Goroh
- Lucina
- Villager
- Shulk
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Mega Man

Thinking about cutting Goroh for Krystal depending on their popularity and *GASP* relevance.

Also, old avatar makes me sad, so I changed it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What about Charizard's Down Smash? :awesome:
Eh, I guess so. But I'm thinking along the lines of someone who is almost entirely Earth based. Like Falcon/Charizard with Fire, Pikachu with Lightning, Squirtle with Water and Ganon with Darkness.

View attachment 6615

Newcomers:

- Rosalina
- King K. Rool
- Tetra
- Ridley
- Palutena
- Little Mac
- Takamaru
- Samurai Goroh
- Lucina
- Villager
- Shulk
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Mega Man

Thinking about cutting Goroh for Krystal depending on their popularity and *GASP* relevance.
Looks pretty good. I would suggest to keep Goroh for now. But I suppose neither would be terrible choices. Though why would cut Sheik? You didn't replace her or anything. Also not extremely sure about even getting another Zelda character. But that's me.

Dinoman96

Smash Master

View attachment 6615

Newcomers:

- Rosalina
- King K. Rool
- Tetra
- Ridley
- Palutena
- Little Mac
- Takamaru
- Samurai Goroh
- Lucina
- Villager
- Shulk
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Mega Man

Not bad, but I don't think F-zero ever really needs a 2nd character and I'm a bit confused to why you chose Lucina over Chrom or something.

EDIT: But that said, I'd rather have Goroh over Krystal any day. Keep that blue fur bait away, I say. also ridley is too big :p

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
This. He's basically saying Marth and Lucina's differences are as apparent as the Wii Fit Trainer's possible genders.
Well then, @SaturnGamer64
That's simply not true. The main difference between the Wii Fit Trainers and Marth & Lucina are their names.
You see, Wii Fit Trainer is a generic name, more of a title / job description if you will. For the sake of the example, let's say the female Wii Fit Trainer's actual name is Bailey and the male Wii Fit Trainer's actual name is Ron. If Bailey was revealed to be in Smash Bros and she was referred to as Bailey in all promotional content, it wouldn't make sense for Ron to be anything but another playable character or assist trophy. Now since neither of these characters have actual names and just go by "Wii Fit Trainer", it's perfectly justifiable for the Male Trainer and Female Trainer to switch off. It happens in Wii Fit sometimes too actually, so it's natural for a "Wii Fit Trainer" to be an alternate of a "Wii Fit Trainer". The character's title allows it to happen as such. It's why people can easily see the same happening for the "Villager" and the "Pokémon Trainer" because they have no real name, just referred to by their title (This could also be why Red was named Pokémon Trainer in Brawl, as opposed to just Red. Maybe there were plans to allow you to play as the female trainer too?).

This doesn't work for Marth and Lucina. Despite Lucina disguising herself as Marth in the beginning of the game, it wouldn't make sense to have named characters to be alternate costumes. It's like having Luigi being an alternate costume of Mario. It wouldn't look or sound right, especially in Marth and Lucina's case.

Now for Lucina essentially looking like a long-haired Marth in Smash Bros., you'd be very wrong. As you already know, Marth's design is based off of FE12, Shadow Dragon's Sequel. Marth's design in that game is incredibly different from the one Lucina dons as Marth in disguise. Now would "Marth?" (mask and all) make a cool alternate costume for Marth? I think it would, but only if "Marth?"'s voice was high-pitched and sounded more like a girl than he already does. But if Lucina was an alternate costume, I would be very opposed to that. Simply because it just doesn't seem right to me (sort of like X being Zero's alternate costume in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3).

Could Lucina be similar to Marth moveset-wise? Of course! Could she be different? If they tried hard enough they could make her different just as they can with Chrom, and anybody else really (Rosalina again, says hello).

So my verdict is that: Lucina is more justified to be a separate character from Marth than the Wii Fit Trainers being separate playable characters because of how Lucina is a actual separate character in name, whilst the Trainers share the same title which allows the possibility for switching the two off as alternate costumes of each other.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
what the H*** did I just watch?
Something magical beyond your human comprehension. That's what I took from it.

View attachment 6617 check out my roster....:cool:
Perhaps swap Lucina with Robin. And have one less retro. But yeah, nothing too bad. Then again, I might not be the best judge of this stuff. Also, where's Snake? Didn't notice he was gone at first. Should throw him back in.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

View attachment 6615

Nana and Popo are weeping in a corner somewhere.

Also, why the flying **** is everyone hating on Sheik suddenly? ****ing Diddy.

Always go for Krystal.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

View attachment 6615

Newcomers:
- Rosalina
- King K. Rool
- Tetra
- Ridley
- Palutena
- Little Mac
- Takamaru
- Samurai Goroh
- Lucina
- Villager
- Shulk
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Mega Man

Looks promising! I have a question though, who adopts Sheik's gameplay style? Cutting characters is normally bad and all mostly because of how that unique gameplay style is now gone. Who takes up Sheik's mantel then?
Also, I don't see why Sheik's cut is necessary. Or why Zero Suit Samus has her own character slot, those decisions weren't really needed at all. But otherwise this may be one of my favorite rosters yet. (pls keep goroh)
EDIT: also put the climbers back in there that might be why ZSS is separate right??
View attachment 6617 check out my roster....:cool:
I like it! Aside from the pretty unnecessary additions of Krystal and Waddle Dee. I'd much rather see more unrepresented franchise characters than see Kirby and Star Fox grow. I also think one of your two retro choices (Lip and Takamaru) should be changed. I see reasons for both characters, but both of them are Japanese-only. Maybe reconsider one of them for somebody that's been released worldwide?

Just my thoughts on your rosters, hope it helps you guys.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So my verdict is that: Lucina is more justified to be a separate character from Marth than the Wii Fit Trainers being separate playable characters because of how Lucina is a actual separate character in name, whilst the Trainers share the same title which allows the possibility for switching the two off as alternate costumes of each other.
I really don't care what they are called. However you look at it, it's the same gameplay concept as making Male Wii Fit Trainer a different character. It's taking a character with the same basic model and design who's only difference in appearances in gender and making it a separate character. Maybe I used bad terminology by saying it's justified. But, making either characters separate as their own slot is just as bad.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

View attachment 6615

Newcomers:

- Rosalina
- King K. Rool
- Tetra
- Ridley
- Palutena
- Little Mac
- Takamaru
- Samurai Goroh
- Lucina
- Villager
- Shulk
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Mega Man

Tetra is weird.
Separate Zamus is pointless.
Lucina is weird.
Sheik cut is weird.
Other than that, no complaints. Also Goroh > Krystal.
Edit: Oh, and no IC. That's REALLY weird.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

View attachment 6615

Newcomers:

- Rosalina
- King K. Rool
- Tetra
- Ridley
- Palutena
- Little Mac
- Takamaru
- Samurai Goroh
- Lucina
- Villager
- Shulk
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Mega Man

I'm surprised you don't have Ghirahim honestly, although I haven't seen your other rosters. I like it, even though I'm not quite sure about lucina or tetra.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

View attachment 6615

Newcomers:

- Rosalina
- King K. Rool
- Tetra
- Ridley
- Palutena
- Little Mac
- Takamaru
- Samurai Goroh
- Lucina
- Villager
- Shulk
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Mega Man

Tingle > Tetra
Why seperate ZSS?
Chrom/Robin > Lucina
Isaac > Shulk

And don't cut Goroh, because Goroh > Krystal.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Nana and Popo are weeping in a corner somewhere.

Also, why the flying **** is everyone hating on Sheik suddenly? ****ing Diddy.

Always go for Krystal.
I KNEW I FORGOT SOMEBODY DAMMIT.

Tetra is weird.
Separate Zamus is pointless.
Lucina is weird.
Sheik cut is weird.
Other than that, no complaints. Also Goroh > Krystal.
No one agrees on Zelda newcomers.
I hate transforming characters.
No one agrees on FE newcomers.
Don't like Sheik.
Forgot Ice Climbers. Might cut Goroh or Ivysaur/Squirtle.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You know what, maybe try not being a douche every time you come here, and maybe I'd be more receptive.
I came here to talk about something I enjoy, not get **** on because my choice of character conflicts with someone's else opinion.

And I'll have you know you single-handedly convinced me Goroh is a good idea. If you have a decent opinion, all you have to do is provide applicable information instead of just insisting your ideals are correct without any reasons.

And another thing - don't take my words out of context. I said I think Lucina was the ideal choice and explained my reason, and you crop out the sentence and point and laugh at me. Do you not see what is wrong with that?
> calls user a brick wall and a fool for civilly disagreeing
> complains about user laughing at something he disagrees with

If you go around insulting people and DON'T expect negative feedback. Then my god. Good luck adapting to the world.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm just saying people overrate his likeliness. They say he's a shoe-in and that's overrating it.

@ Louie G. Louie G.
@ Depressed Gengar Depressed Gengar
Just because recency doesn't matter for one thing doesn't mean it doesn't matter for something else.

I take it you cant' think of a reason why.
So recency doesn't matter for FE...
But it matters for DK and Mario. I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom