• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
FE did really well, it deserves another slot at least. It could have died for crying out loud. I'm tired of people bashing FE left and right, its annoying.

If you don't get it then shhhhh. FE is just as bad as other deadhorse topics, quit treating it like its some sort of plague, come on.
Yeah, it's the reason why I stick to an Awakening choice like Anna, Robin, Chrom + Lucina duo.

Give Lucina a Axe.....:troll:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Did you insult Ridley?!!!!

This is so hilariously ignorant and biased that I want to vomit.
Seriously, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Chandelure, oh how you confuse me.

Do you actually hate Ridley? Or do you just think Waddle Dee is better than him and everyone else including god?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
When will this FE madness end!!!???

The "major" leak said that Chrom maybe revealed for The First FE's anniversary.
That is April 20th.

If the major leak is true, which I hope it is, this madness will end April 20th.

But then some people will still debate there will be a 4th :facepalm:.
It'll end in march-April.

What leak is that? can you show me please? thanks. (why wouldn't he be revealed in awakening's anny?)

and no most of us will NOT argue a 4th, its gonna get 3 max.

andimidna

Smash Master
FE did really well, it deserves another slot at least. It could have died for crying out loud. I'm tired of people bashing FE left and right, its annoying.

If you don't get it then shhhhh. FE is just as bad as other deadhorse topics, quit treating it like its some sort of plague, come on.
If it can get 2 characters as a Japan-only franchise. It can DEFINITELY get at least 3 now. I mean, it's most popular game was released in-between the time of Brawl and Smash 4. It could've happened in Brawl even, if Roy returned. And Ike returning is much more justifiable than Roy. I think an Awakening character has a 90% chance of making it in. But not 2. My 4th choice (Marth, Ike, Chrom, #4) would be Lyn, the most unique lord, which was much of the world's first FE game. I think bringing FE to the west is significant, but not more than an Awakening character.
And with the Shin Megami Tensei (sorry if I spelled that wrong) crossover, we'll get yet another game with FE characters. A 3rd seems very, very likely.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Oh, puh-lease. There's a difference between insulting a character and being objectively wrong. The other Ridley supporters and I have repeatedly made cases for how Ridley isn't just "Space Charizard", as you call him, but you ignore all attempts at education or accepting that a character that you don't like could possibly be a unique and very much possible character, simply so that you can continue to bash those who support him and start fights between other supporters.

Willful ignorance is annoying. Besides that, people in glass houses really shouldn't throw rocks.
Chandelure, oh how you confuse me.

Do you actually hate Ridley? Or do you just think Waddle Dee is better than him and everyone else including god?
I don't care about Ridley, I never said I hate him.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It'll end in march-April.

What leak is that? can you show me please? thanks. (why wouldn't he be revealed in awakening anny?)

and no most of us will NOT argue a 4th, its gonna get 3 max.
Here it is.
The reason people consider it is because it says Ashley will be an assist, and this was proven true a few days after the "leak" was posted.

The Translator Leak (1/10/14)

Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
No new Star Fox characters.
Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
Villager has a female costume.
Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
Mewtwo returns.
Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
No new Kirby characters.
Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
No changes made to the EarthBound series.
All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
Snake returns.
Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.

Personally, I kinda believe it, an it seems reasonable and if be fine with it being the final roster (with at least one retro added). Though it may just be the Fawful obsession in my talking.
MUSTARD OF DOOM! FINKRATS! I HAVE CHORTLES/FURY!
I would love to see him screaming this is battle!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
When will this FE madness end!!!???

The "major" leak said that Chrom maybe revealed for The First FE's anniversary.
That is April 20th.

If the major leak is true, which I hope it is, this madness will end April 20th.

But then some people will still debate there will be a 4th :facepalm:.
4/20 is on a Sunday this year...blaze it.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Here it is.
The reason people consider it is because it says Ashley will be an assist, and this was proven true a few days after the "leak" was posted.

Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
Mewtwo returns.
No new Kirby characters.
Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
Snake returns.

Personally, I kinda believe it, an it seems reasonable and if be fine with it being the final roster (with at least one retro added). Though it may just be the Fawful obsession in my talking.
Oh yeah that one, yeah the backstory on this one is fake. So It's a fake leak to me.

Also what tumblr said. I think its made up, he just got a lucky guess.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
OK new topic, who do you honestly think are the most unique Nintendo newcomers Sakurai could add in this game?
You can make them into a top 10 if you want.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is so hilariously ignorant and biased that I want to vomit.

Seriously, you should be ashamed of yourself.
I do agree that the differences between Ridley and Charizard are more noticeable. But I wouldn't go that far.

I don't really see why Lucina looking somewhat like Marth would equal Lucina being a clone of Marth, that'd be like saying K.Rool would be a clone of Bowser because they look alike, and Ridley would be a clone of Charizard.
Some of those could happen if you wanted to be lazy about it. Though how in the hell would one make K.Rool into a Bowser Clone? That's what I would like to know.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here it is.

Mewtwo returns.
No new Kirby characters.
Snake returns.

Just because someone easily guessed Ashley is an Assist Trophy does not mean it is true. However, if another one of these comes true, we might consider changing our tune.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
OK new topic, who do you honestly think are the most unique Nintendo newcomers Sakurai add in this game?
Will, or should?
If will, I would say Tingle.
Or King K. Rool.

Oh yeah that one, yeah the backstory on this one is fake. So It's a fake leak to me.

Also what tumblr said. I think its made up, he just got a lucky guess.
Just because someone easily guessed Ashley is an Assist Trophy does not mean it is true. However, if another one of these comes true, we might consider changing our tune.
I don't care! I JUST WANT MY FAWFUL!!!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
OK new topic, who do you honestly think are the most unique Nintendo newcomers Sakurai add in this game?
You can make them into a top 10 if you want.
I don't know. There are many things Sakurai could do to many characters to make them unique. I mean, not a lot of people would have expected Rosalina to be a puppeteer. Give some special abilities to Ridley in the air? Make a Pixel Pac-Man playable? I'm not too sure.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Some of those could happen if you wanted to be lazy about it. Though how in the hell would one make K.Rool into a Bowser Clone? That's what I would like to know.
I was mostly saying by body shape, but K.Rool could also have alot of Bowser's moves, just somehow give him the ability to breath fire and spin in a circle.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nintendo only? Well if that's the case, Rosalina curb-stomps like its no ones business. Then Villager backflips into second place.

Though if we include all of the characters, I would say that Mega Man and Rosalina are more or less tied. Maybe Mega Man edges her a little bit.

Wait....are you only talking about confirmed characters right? If not I'll make a list of potential choices if you want.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I don't care about Ridley, I never said I hate him.
I see what you mean, I feel the same way, honestly I don't care about some big names. I'm indifferent to *flame shield* mewtwo, King K, and ridley.

But I feel sorry for the people who support them so I just root for them on the sidelines, cause its just sad when they got disappointed in brawl. So yeah.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
No Tharja. She's not important enough to the game, dev favorite or not.
Not supporting Tharja, but Rosalina says hello.
View attachment 6601
So this is my new roster.

Thoughts?

I added the Elite 4 of Smash (Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, and Mewtwo I think), and other popular and likely choices (K. Rool, Chrom, Isaac, Pac-Man, and Mii) and some of my wants that I deem likely (Tingle, and both a retro and historical character, Lip and Daitoryo).

So what does everyone think?
•I'm counting 51 selectable characters, maybe a little too high (Just me though).
• Not big on the Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong tag team mechanic concept myself, but I suppose it could happen.
• If Daitoryu is supposed to be a placeholder for a historical character, I suppose it's alright. A Hanafuda character actually appearing? I have my doubts.
• Tingle is cool, I think a Zelda newcomer is certainly plausible now with the addition of Rosalina & Luma. Tingle would probably be my second choice though, Tetra has always been my goto choice for LoZ.
• Lip's also cool. I normally pick my Retro characters as sort of a placeholder / preference choice for the retro character that'll probably appear. So I think she's a nice choice.
Everything else looks fine to me. Elite 4, Third DK character, the popular Isaac, potential Third FE character, and whatnot. Some of your choices may not be the exact same ones I've made, but I could live with this maybe.
*Things regarding Wii Fit Trainers and Marth / Lucina*
Question: Are you suggesting Lucina could be an alternate costume of Marth or something?
I don't completely understand what Kenith and you are discussing.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Nintendo only? Well if that's the case, Rosalina curb-stomps like its no ones business. Then Villager backflips into second place.

Though if we include all of the characters, I would say that Mega Man and Rosalina are more or less tied. Maybe Mega Man edges her a little bit.

Wait....are you only talking about confirmed characters right? If not I'll make a list of potential choices if you want.
I'm talking about potential newcomers not the confirmed ones.
My apologies. :dizzy:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I see what you mean, I feel the same way, honestly I don't care about some big names. I'm indifferent to *flame shield* mewtwo, King K, and ridley.

But I feel sorry for the people who support them so I just root for them on the sidelines, cause its just sad when they got disappointed in brawl. So yeah.
i'm exactly the same mate, I don't mind the big names but yet don't really care for them, and really only support the ones that support them on the sidelines

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No. No more uniqueness discussion. Just talk about characters you like.
Ok. I will.

[FLAME SHEILD: ON!]

[collapse=Carrotcturds]
Fawful!
Professor E. Gadd!
Masked Dedede!
Waluigi!
Stork!
Masked Link!
Daitoryo!
Lip!
Diskun!