• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
King K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo... all three of them... deconfirmed... ooooohhhhhh... the question is... does Sakurai want to watch the world Internet burn? :troll:
I'll be joining the theater with you too.
The sociopathy on this thread is disheartening.

If any of your guys' favorite characters were deconfirmed, I'd feel really bad for you. But if Ridley or someone else gets deconfirmed "Haha! Drink their tears!". We're a community; while we don't usually get along, if there's anything this board should be sensitive to it'd be deconfirmed favorites. It's downright disappointing.

Something us pacman fans have had to put up with forever. Ridley has it easy. Hell, even chrom fans have it easy.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You better know my name because it's...
[collapse=Name.]
image.jpg

ASTLEY!!!
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, Lucina is the ideal choice for an Awakening rep. She's popular and she would be an easy clone of Marth, killing two birds with one stone.
And this is exactly the reason why she should NOT be playable.

We want diversity not copy-and-paste characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And this is exactly the reason why she should NOT be playable.

We want diversity not copy-and-paste characters.
So Chrom would be unique? That's the only other likely FE choice. He is practically Marth and Ike fused together.

Basically uniqueness is not a factor here, it is basically me picking the character I favor.

Obviously, I vote Lucina.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Hey @ shrooby shrooby ! We need a certain Doduo here! People need to realize how unique Chrom and Lucina can be! :troll:
I'd really rather not join this discussion...
I'd rather just sit in my little corner where I mildly support Anna and observe everything.

Ya'll are too passionate 'bout Fawyah Emblem.
:troll:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sorry, I had to come back because I found this: In the Japanese Version, the Avatar had the option to have no voice at all. In game dialogue involving the Avatar was highlighted with punctuation marks. This was removed in the English version. Despite this, SpotPass Avatars will only speak in various forms of "...!".

What do we think this says about Robin's appeal to Sakurai?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sorry, I had to come back because I found this: In the Japanese Version, the Avatar had the option to have no voice at all. In game dialogue involving the Avatar was highlighted with punctuation marks. This was removed in the English version. Despite this, SpotPass Avatars will only speak in various forms of "...!".

Red does it too you know. :troll:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Maybe people will shut up about Fire Emblem if Marth is the only character. Or better yet, keep Ike and don't add any newcomers at all.

Or bring back Roy and have the three of them together.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't really see why Lucina looking somewhat like Marth would equal Lucina being a clone of Marth, that'd be like saying K.Rool would be a clone of Bowser because they look alike, and Ridley would be a clone of Charizard.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

We could get voiceless hooded Robin instead of gender specific Robin.

Because everyone likes that.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Ike is gay.

No, I'm not being mean or a bigot, I'm just stating fact.

Thus, he should stay for being the first homosexual character on the roster.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ah ya see what happened! I come her just to post something I found and I get caught in this! :p
V

For the record, I don't give two ****s about Lucina/Marth. But the fact you are so insistent Male Wii Fit Trainer is his own character is just beyond foolish.
Well, unless you're stupid there is no reason to say Male Wii Fit Trainer is not a different person in Wii Fit. Otherwise you are saying Mario and Luigi are the same person in Super Mario Bros.

There is no reason to attack me for having common sense

And also, yes, Lucina would be very similar to Marth, definitely. But as Marth's moves are mostly made up, so could Lucina's, and then her specials would be akin to Marth's.
Yeah, that's not how it works. I'm sorry.

Like Wolf. Nobody complains about him, right??
Because it made sense for him to be different from Fox. Notice how Wolf is taller, slower, and has claws along with weaponry his team made to rival the weaponry of Fox.

Lucina's differences stop at the length of her hair and having woman genitalia. Hell, she's so similar to Marth she actually fooled people into thinking she WAS Marth.

Also, Lucina is the ideal choice for an Awakening rep.
Please, don't try to make me laugh while I'm drinking. I almost sprayed Lemonade all over my new lap top.

She's popular and she would be an easy clone of Marth, killing two birds with one stone.
I THOUGHT YOU JUST SAID SHE COULD BE DIFFERENT FROM MARTH!!!!!

Yeah, and you say talking to ME is like talking to a brick wall. Well, talking to you is like talking to a broken record player that keeps changing songs.

Not only does it comprehend anything you tell or teach, it but it keeps repeating the same thing over and over before changing to saying something completely different.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't really see why Lucina looking somewhat like Marth would equal Lucina being a clone of Marth, that'd be like saying K.Rool would be a clone of Bowser because they look alike, and Ridley would be a clone of Charizard.
Did you insult Ridley?!!!!

This is so hilariously ignorant and biased that I want to vomit.
Seriously, you should be ashamed of yourself.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
FE did really well, it deserves another slot at least. It could have died for crying out loud. I'm tired of people bashing FE left and right, its annoying.

If you don't get it then shhhhh. FE is just as bad as any other deadhorse topics, quit treating it like its some sort of plague, come on.

andimidna

Smash Master
I, unfortunately, have to agree. Hopefully he'll at least be paired with someone. I'm tired of boring Fire Emblem characters.
Like a duo? I've tried to work that into my own roster before. When I had Lucina as a separate slot, I had Chrom and Lissa as a team. That was around July. I love the idea of 'Chrom and Lucina' as a slot though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ah ya see what happened! I come her just to post something I found and I get caught in this! :p
V
Well, unless you're stupid there is no reason to say Male Wii Fit Trainer is not a different person in Wii Fit. Otherwise you are saying Mario and Luigi are the same person in Super Mario Bros.
There is no reason to attack me for having common sense
Yeah, that's not how it works. I'm sorry.
Because it made sense for him to be different from Fox
Please, don't try to make me laugh while I'm drinking. I almost sprayed Lemonade all over my new lap top.
I THOUGHT YOU JUST SAID SHE COULD BE DIFFERENT FROM MARTH!!!!!
Yeah, and you say talking to ME is like talking to a brick wall. Well, talking to you is like talking to a broken record player that keeps changing songs.
You know what, maybe try not being a douche every time you come here, and maybe I'd be more receptive.
I came here to talk about something I enjoy, not get **** on because my choice of character conflicts with someone's else opinion.

And I'll have you know you single-handedly convinced me Goroh is a good idea. If you have a decent opinion, all you have to do is provide applicable information instead of just insisting your ideals are correct without any reasons.

And another thing - don't take my words out of context. I said I think Lucina was the ideal choice and explained my reason, and you crop out the sentence and point and laugh at me. Do you not see what is wrong with that?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Did you insult Ridley?!!!!

This is so hilariously ignorant and biased that I want to vomit.
Seriously, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Oh, puh-lease. There's a difference between insulting a character and being objectively wrong. The other Ridley supporters and I have repeatedly made cases for how Ridley isn't just "Space Charizard", as you call him, but you ignore all attempts at education or accepting that a character that you don't like could possibly be a unique and very much possible character, simply so that you can continue to bash those who support him and start fights between other supporters.

Willful ignorance is annoying. Besides that, people in glass houses really shouldn't throw rocks.

Name: SaturnGamer64
Hobby: Attempting to force his beliefs on others
The ignore list is a beautiful thing.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
When will this FE madness end!!!???

The "major" leak said that Chrom maybe revealed for The First FE's anniversary.
That is April 20th.

If the major leak is true, which I hope it is, this madness will end April 20th.

But then some people will still debate there will be a 4th :facepalm:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom