• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
A character doesn't need to be flashy to be in the game. At face value Marth's moveset is very basic and he's in the game.
I mean, look at Ganondorf. He had a basic moveset and everyone loves his Smash incarnation.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You do realize what you said for Little Mac could be said for Chrom?
Yeah, if Sakurai wanted to model Chrom after a boxer, that'd also turn out pretty differently than Captain Falcon. Good point. :troll:

Never believe something is set in stone until it comes from Sakurai himself.
Considering how much Namco probably would want to push Pac-Man's current design (and considering it's not super different from most of his previous limbed designs - especially in how it would translate Smash-wise), I wouldn't say they're the closest of parallels, especially since Capcom didn't even really have a current Mega Man to push, but overall I do agree, while some things are likelier than others, it's still all just guessing until it gets confirmed.

@ Alfonzo Bagpipez Alfonzo Bagpipez
I'd take it easy with the borderline image spam.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Name a popular character you don't think will make the cut.
If I were to venture an educated guess as to which popular characters' requests will be ignored, I will say Roy.

The reasoning behind my conjecture is simple: commercial advertisement (for the most part). Considering Awakening's financial success and eminent popularity, I would be surprised if Sakurai selected (or Intelligent Systems suggested) Roy instead of a heavily promoted Chrom with or without Lucina, or even the Avatar for that matter. Unless, and I do mean unless, rumors of a Binding Blade remake prove true (however likely), then I shall stand by my assertion in which Roy will not return.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm just saying they don't have a chance because they aren't notable.
New rule for Awakening reps: If you're not in a FMV cutscene, you can't be playable/assist.

Leaving: Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Lissa, Emmeryn.
You forgot at least one from the FMV listing:

Is he not a thing of beauty?

Solo Lucina. Chrom's probably more the poster protagonist, Robin's a more unique protagonist and Roy's a more interesting Marth Clone from yesteryear.

I can't see Roy happening either, but I really hope I'm wrong. I'd rather have the Sword of Seals than another Falchion kicking about. If DLC happens I expect Roy to be one of the first considered for it, due to Melee ties.

Robin; despite not being another pure swordsman and offering something new for the franchise I can't see getting over Chrom. Like Roy, I hope I'm wrong. Falchion Fatigue.

Lyn: I don't have a reason persay, I just can't see her being selected over one of the Awakening protagonists OR Roy.

Non Fire Emblem wise:

Any new Mario character. I can't see us getting another unless DLC happens. No Jr, no Paper Mario, no Waluigi, no Toad, no Doc. If DLC happens I expect Doc, because I'm expecting a Melee pack IF DLC is a thing.

Isaac due to a withering fanbase in Japan.

There's some other more obvious 3rd party ones that are still popular but are just not happening; Second Sonic character, Banjo-Kazooie, Bomberman, Sora, Geno, Simon Belmont, Bayonetta, etc

Pac-Man or nothing for 3rd Party newcomer(Not including Snake). He'll probably even be far more accepted after getting in, just like R.O.B, Game and Watch and Snake were.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeah, its too reasonable.

Anyways here's the link I guess.

Apparently they think it was posted by someone obsessed with the stork from over here. Wonder who that could be. Um, sure it wasn't you, @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof ?:troll:
Nah, I am too lazy to make an account on another forums.
And if I made a lack it has to have Fawful and/or Porky.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Palutena, Takamaru and Chrom are the front-runners I could see not make it. I think we're at least getting either K. Rool or Ridley, but I wouldn't be too surprised if we didn't get both, sad as it might be.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've really been having a sinking feeling (since November, actually) that Palutena's chances aren't as good as we make them seem, so I'll say Palutena for the "popular character that may miss the boat."

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Are we seriously jumping off the Palutena boat now? Seriously?
I'm still on the boat but I'm cautiously putting on a life preserver just in case the boat sinks.

Honestly, and I hate to say it but either Ridley or K. Rool. Both have a lot going for them as well as against them. I'm starting to doubt both. Palutena is starting creep up as well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A popular character that won't make the cut?

I think there will be one or more such characters for sure, but if I had to guess, Krystal? Bowser Jr.?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I'm still on the boat but I'm cautiously putting on a life preserver just in case the boat sinks.

Honestly, and I hate to say it but either Ridley or K. Rool. Both have a lot going for them as well as against them. I'm starting to doubt both. Palutena is starting creep up as well.
If we are denied all 3 of those characters, I might just stick with Project M

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
A popular character that won't make the cut...

Shulk. An extremely good game is still just one game. I doubt he'd be added to Smash Bros. with currently no series of his own to actually speak of. With the one exceptions of Sheik and the last-minute Roy, the only one-off characters in Smash Bros. are otherwise retro characters that Sakurai picks. Shulk isn't retro or a part of a character essential to another series. Hopes that he would be an easy clone just otherwise speaks in itself for why it likely won't happen.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
am i the only one here who will be sitting and eating popcorn if K.rool, Ridley, and mewtwo are all deconfirmed.
King K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo... all three of them... deconfirmed... ooooohhhhhh... the question is... does Sakurai want to watch the world Internet burn? :troll:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Little Mac could be very unique with a gameplay that focus on combos + stars.
Sakurai really loves risk/reward situation and a 3 star punch fit perfect on his personality.

BTW I think Hades have a bigger chance than any other Kid Icarus character

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Little Mac could be very unique with a gameplay that focus on combos + stars.
Sakurai really loves risk/reward situation and a 3 star punch fit perfect on his personality.

BTW I think Hades have a bigger chance than any other Kid Icarus character
not sure if anyone has said this yet, but welcome to the boards mate

and also "can't let you do that star fox"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The reason I won't be shedding tears if Mewtwo is deconfirmed... is because I can still play as Mewtwo in Melee whether it is playable in SSB4 or not... can I play as Meowth, Deoxys, 2nd gen starters, Zoroark, etc. in any past Smash games? No, I cannot... so I get disappointed if any potential Pokemon newcomers are deconfirmed and not get disappointed if Mewtwo gets deconfirmed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Also there's always Project M for Mewtwo if worse comes to worse...

But Mewtwo is the closest thing to a lock newcomer/returning vet/whatever he counts as anyway.
Exactly... there's also Project M for the butthurt Mewtwo fans to flock to in case Mewtwo isn't in SSB4... so I am neutral towards Mewtwo's inclusion/exclusion in SSB4 unlike the majority of the Internet.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Popular characters that are going to miss the cut? I'm not even sure, considering every single disconfirmed character thus far has been retroactively deemed an ultra-popular top dog who shockingly wasn't added, from Toad, to Skull Kid, to Starfy, to Nintendog, to Ashley.

For serious, in terms of how probable I think they are of missing out:

Roy > Pacman (if he was falsified on the E3 leak; otherwise, he's between Little Mac and Mewtwo) > Mii (see Pacman) > Shulk > Dixie > Ridley > K. Rool > Palutena > Chrom > Retro Newcomer > Little Mac > Mewtwo

Last edited:

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
I'm not expecting Pac-Man or any sixth Mario character - at all whatsoever. I consider Roy, Ridley, and K. Rool unlikely. Palutena and Mii I'm pretty iffy on. Little Mac's... 50/50, I guess? Mewtwo's really the only one I consider especially likely, but he's not set in stone of course.

EDIT: Oh, and I think it's safe to say an Awakening character has a good chance, if only based on marketing and recent promotional value, but which one it'll be is a topic I'd rather not bother with myself.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A popular character that won't make the cut?

I think there will be one or more such characters for sure, but if I had to guess, Krystal? Bowser Jr.?
If anything, Krystal is much less likely than Bowser Jr.. But yes, there is the hard reality that some of the most requested characters may not make the playable cut.

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
As much as I'd like having Bowser Jr. in the game, I think it's pretty unlikely we'll get another Mario character at this point. I also don't see Krystal maing the roster. I still am hoping that Shulk, Palutena, K. Rool, and Ridley are in, but I feel there's a real possiblity that one or more of them won't make it. The only newcomers that I think are extremely likely are Mewtwo, and to a lesser extent Little Mac and Dixie Kong.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Did i miss something? Why do people think Roy is coming back?

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Popular Characters whom I feel confident in making the cut:
Chrom
King K.Rool
Palutena
Riddley
Mewtwo

Popular Characters whom I'm not sure about:
Little Mac
Mii
Dixie Kong
Saki
Isaac

Popular Characters whom I doubt will make the cut:
Shulk
Takamaru
Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Lucina
Pac-man
Samurai Goroh

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I started to lose hope of the majority of the new characters I want.
I'm thinking that we won't see Palutena, Isaac, Shulk or Robin. The only 2 newcommers I'm confident are Chrom and Mewtwo.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The sociopathy on this thread is disheartening.

If any of your guys' favorite characters were deconfirmed, I'd feel really bad for you. But if Ridley or someone else gets deconfirmed "Haha! Drink their tears!". We're a community; while we don't usually get along, if there's anything this board should be sensitive to it'd be deconfirmed favorites. It's downright disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom