• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hey guys. I found a supposed leak while swimming around GamFaqs.

It goes like this.

[collapse=Leak]
Hey guys, I am a designer at Namco-Bandai and am working on Smash Bros for WiiU and 3DS. I am keeping my name anonymous so no one knows it is me, and I may get fired for this.

Newcomers:
•Rosalina and Luma are the only Mario newcomers.
•Bowser Jr., Waluigi, and Paper Mario were all being considered. Bowser Jr. was out because another paintbrush using character is being planned, Waluigi because he is not very major in the series, and Paper Mario because he would be to similar to Mario.
•Luigi won't be using the Poltergust in his moveset, because Professor E. Gadd will be, as a Luigi's Mansion newcomer.
•King K. Rool is the newcomer for the Donkey Kong series, and Dixie will appear in a team with Diddy.
•Mona will be a newcomer for the Wario series.
•Tingle will be a newcomer for the Zelda series, and will use items from the Zelda games, and abilities from his own games.
•Ridley is resized and finally in Smash Bros. It was a major part of the project to have Ridley play right and not feel awkward. A lot of time was put into this.
•Hades is the newcomer for the Kid Icarus series. He will use Dark Magic like powers, and can inhale like King Dedede (no copy ability like Kirby). Palutena will be in a feature with Pit that is similar to Snake's Brawl Codecs.
•Lip is added as a retro character.
•Diskun is added a "forgotten hero" as Sakurai likes to call them, like ROB and Mr. Game & Watch.
•Mewtwo is returning, with all Brawl Pokémon staying. And Mewtwo will have a ZSS type transformation into Mega Mewtwo Y.
•Little Mac will appear using his Punch-Out!! Wii design, and having his Brawl design as an alt.
•Adeliene will be the Kirby newcomer. Her appearance lead to Bowser Jr. not being in.
•King Dedede will get a transformation like ZSS as Masked Dedede. About half of his moves will be the same, but all his specials will be different.
•Porky will appear as an Earthbound newcomer, and will use his spider-like mech seen in Earthbound.
•Samurai Goroh will appear as the F-Zero newcomer, and will use a unique play style involving Samurai Swords.
•Robin is the new Fire Emblem character, will be female Robin, and use primarily Magic, with a mix of Lances and Spears.
•No newcomers for StarFox.
•Dr. Kawashima from Brain Age is a newcomer, and uses School supplies and mind games as attacks.
•Professor Layton will be the next 3rd party and will be revealed to coincide with Ace Attorney X Professor Layton.
•Other possible newcomers include: Shulk, Isaac, Saki, Wonder-Red, and Takamaru.

Assist:
•Fawful will be a Resetti like assist, but dealing damage too.
•Cranky Kong will bounce around on his cane and throw potions.
•Kamek who will fly around on his broom.
•Beedle who will Tingle's role and abilities he had as a Brawl assist.
•Skull Kid, he was confirmed.
•Gregor and Nowi from FE Awakening. Gregor flies around on Nowi as a dragon.
•Bandana Dee fictions as Knuckle Joe did in brawl, but with his spear instead of punches.
•Anthony Higgs uses his Ice Canon.
•Viridi and Magnus are assists, but I don't know what they do.
•Professor Sycamore is an assist who throws 5-10 Pokéballs onto the stage.
•Tails flies on his plane and shoots enemies.
•ProtoMan is an assist who jumps around and shoots straightforward, and deflects projectiles with his sheild.
•All assists from Brawl that aren't characters are staying.

Stages:
I don't know a lot about them, and I only know the names of a few.
•Bowser's Castle
•Yoshi's New Island
•Diamond City
•Outset Island
•Dedede's Castle
•Lumoise City
•Pac Maze (the "maze" from the original Pac Man arcade game.

[/collapse]

I have no clue if it is legit or not.
I doubt this one because of Adeleine being out of left field, and there are far too many newcomers from pre represented series.

Bad leak is bad.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Anyways the leak I found I'll probably link it, if I can find it again.

Oh look its deleted. Never mind then.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
you totally made it up.
No. That would be your mother.
-Blue Spy

Oh god this is ridiculously fake.

Also, Masked Dedede? Hmmm...wonder why that's on here...
You wanna know why that's on there?
You wanna know where this leak came from?
My ass. That's where.

Well, I am going for the night.
I shall see you on the morrow.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I saw a leak a little while ago on GameFAQs(it's since been deleted) that said Little Mac will be revealed this week. He said that to "establish his credibility." Not sure if true, but I do love leaks that have a short timespan.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I found a leak that nobody saw coming:

Sakurai loves us and will try his hardest to make a game that will please everybody :)

It's probably fake, though.
Yeah, its too reasonable.

Anyways here's the link I guess.

Apparently they think it was posted by someone obsessed with the stork from over here. Wonder who that could be. Um, sure it wasn't you, @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof ?:troll:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Little Mac will be confirmed by page 2012... As an assist trophy.
Oh ****, this was the real apocalypse the Mayans predicted.
No, the real apocolypse is that there isn't one, because by 2012 the Earth is already on it's way out the door, so to speak.

Little poetic symbolism for y'all.

Yeah, its too reasonable.
Anyways here's the link I guess. Apparently they think it was posted by someone obsessed with the stork from over here. Wonder who that could be. Um, sure it wasn't you, bidoof?:troll:
I don't care about leaks unless proven true. Which is never. No, LittlePacMii does not count.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Name a popular character you don't think will make the cut.

I'll go first. King K. Rool

More or less, I think Dixie is going to make it in without a doubt, and the chances of a second DK character don't seem too amazing. On top of that, he's really fallen out of the spotlight, and I would dare to say due to Canky's whackyness and recent showcase of being viable, he would could be picked before King K Rool. I hope I'm wrong though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

More or less, I think Dixie is going to make it in without a doubt, and the chances of a second DK character don't seem too amazing. On top of that, he's really fallen out of the spotlight, and I would dare to say due to Canky's whackyness and recent showcase of being viable, he would could be picked before King K Rool. I hope I'm wrong though.
Treading on dangerous ground, amigo.

For me, Roy. I don't care what anyone says, it's not gonna happen. Not when he's competing with

1. Chrom, the poster boy for newest and most successful FE game.
2. Lyn, important character in first international FE game.
3. Lucina, relevant potential fellow Marth clone.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Little Mac.

He's popular, sure, but he may not fulfill the uniqueness factor that Sakurai seems to be looking for this time around.

And in that same vein, I feel like Dixie Kong is overrated. She's only expected because of muh relevance. That means something, but I'm not sure it's enough to get her in.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Little Mac.
He's popular, sure, but he may not fulfill the uniqueness factor that Sakurai seems to be looking for this time around.
And in that same vein, I feel like Dixie Kong is overrated. She's only expected because of muh relevance. That means something, but I'm not sure it's enough to get her in.
Well, we've only seen 4 newcomers so, perhaps not every character has to be unique.

Besides, his uniqueness could come from being completely not unique.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Little Mac, I think people have over-inflated his chances because of that one leak that had a lucky guess.

I'd say K. Rool's time has come, it took Sakurai until Brawl to add Meta and Dedede, I don't see why he wouldn't add both Dixie and K. Rool. You've got to remember that while Sakurai generally does whatever he wants and likes quirky, obscure characters he still does listen to the fans. Mega Man should be proof enough of that.

Hell, we've gotten a good handful of fan-desired characters since Melee with Peach, Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Falco, and Marth. And then Brawl with the aforementioned Kirby characters, Wario, Diddy Kong, and mother****ing Sonic delayed the game Hedgehog. We may as well get K. Rool and Ridley this time.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If King K. Rool shows up in Tropical Freeze, I'll change my tune. Also, don't forget that Sakurai likes to expand on past characters that may not have made the cut. Dixie is definitely lookin' good right about now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Little Mac

Dat uniqueness factor Sakurai is looking at makes Mac seem like a glorified Captain Falcon clone (with less legs and more fists) in my eyes.
I think if any popular character is in jeopardy of not making the cut due to lack of "uniqueness", it'd be Chrom first and foremost.

Little Mac might not be the flashiest or have the widest array of diversity, but if Sakurai wanted to model him closely to an actual boxer (with liberties ofc) it'd turn out pretty different than Captain Falcon imo.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Little Mac, I think people have over-inflated his chances because of that one leak that had a lucky guess.

I'd say K. Rool's time has come, it took Sakurai until Brawl to add Meta and Dedede, I don't see why he wouldn't add both Dixie and K. Rool. You've got to remember that while Sakurai generally does whatever he wants and likes quirky, obscure characters he still does listen to the fans. Mega Man should be proof enough of that.

Hell, we've gotten a good handful of fan-desired characters since Melee with Peach, Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Falco, and Marth. And then Brawl with the aforementioned Kirby characters, Wario, Diddy Kong, and mother****ing Sonic delayed the game Hedgehog. We may as well get K. Rool and Ridley this time.
Pacman and Mii, I think people have over-inflated their chances because of that one leak that had a lucky guess.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Pacman and Mii, I think people have over-inflated their chances because of that one leak that had a lucky guess.
I really can't see Miis happening with Villager and Miss Fit already being there, particularly with Sakurai trying to go for more unique movesets this time.

I think Pac-Man might actually have a shot, and he'd be a hell of a lot more unique than people give him credit for. I sure don't think he's a shoe-in because Namco is working on the game, but remember that Snake got in on a request from a friend. I'm sure if they asked Sakurai nicely, he'd allow them to include him as a thanks.

None of them getting in is still entirely a possibility as well. Though I'd love to see just one of them and not the other two so people will flounder around over it.

?????????????

Smash Master
So I've been playing some Fire Emblem Awakening, and I've been thinking...

I wouldn't mind Anna simply because of her awesome one-liners. I want to initiative a final smash where she cheerfully declares "Violence is on sale today!"

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really can't see Miis happening with Villager and Miss Fit already being there, particularly with Sakurai trying to go for more unique movesets this time.

I think Pac-Man might actually have a shot, and he'd be a hell of a lot more unique than people give him credit for. I sure don't think he's a shoe-in because Namco is working on the game, but remember that Snake got in on a request from a friend. I'm sure if they asked Sakurai nicely, he'd allow them to include him as a thanks.

None of them getting in is still entirely a possibility as well. Though I'd love to see just one of them and not the other two so people will flounder around over it.
I'm glad somebody doesn't think Miis are a shoo-in. Seriously, if they want to appeal to casuals, Wii Fit and Villager do it fine.

I don't even hate Pac Man, I just hate new Pac Man. And if they use him, it will definitely be that design, so...

Of the three, I want Little Mac just because I don't like the other two.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think if any popular character is in jeopardy of not making the cut due to lack of "uniqueness", it'd be Chrom first and foremost.

Little Mac might not be the flashiest or have the widest array of diversity, but if Sakurai wanted to model him closely to an actual boxer (with liberties ofc) it'd turn out pretty different than Captain Falcon imo.
You do realize what you said for Little Mac could be said for Chrom?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Chrom could be partners with Lucina.
Little Mac could have his star mechanic.

But in my opinion, they need those attributes or something like that to "pop." Otherwise, boring, boring, boring.

And if we have Wii Fit Trainer as a newcomer do we need another in-your-face athlete. I am not saying Sakurai would not do this, but it seems that they both could overlap in gameplay. Yoga poses just could look more diverse than punches.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You do realize what you said for Little Mac could be said for Chrom?
Not really. Little Mac's games involve very little diversity when it comes to diversity, but he could easily be unique just by emphasising punches.

Chrom's abilities, however, are pretty much laid out for us. He is a sworduser, and one that's a blend of the most popular ones at that. A fair prince, like Marth, tough leader of an army, like Ike. He would have nothing to make him stand out, he'd just be there to represent Awakening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom