• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Oh. Still, Aversa was only working with Gangrel to further her and Validar's motives.
But there's still a connection there.
Besides, I doubt they would be Assist Trophies, such a role is suited for the main character of an unrepresented FE game.
Can't argue with that.

Reznor

work in progress
you guys do know that to make a good fake leak you need to add in a bunch of stuff that makes sense aka this list is probably fake :drohyou:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
But no Kirby newcomers is a realistic outlook whether people want to believe it or not, and again, some of this could happen regardless of whether or not it was put in this rumor list. K.Rool IS the most likely Donkey Kong newcomer, Ridley DOES have a chance at being playable, Mewtwo WILL most likely return, Magnus, Fawful and Tom Nook WILL most likely be assist trophies, and Pac-Man, as unwanted as he is in most circles, IS likely.
I know its realistic, which i why i'm worried that it is indeed legit. But it'll suck for me since i didn't get most of what I wanted, just palutena. takamaru shulk and the rest aren't even there..... oh well. I hope it isn't real.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
The rumor is most certainly not true, and Sakurai can show this with assist trophy and character reveals. The list may as well be put on a Smash Bros. 4 fan idea blog.

Though a lot of the stuff in the rumor is likely to happen, like Ridley, I doubt a lot of other stuff in it. There's really no point in getting worked up over something that has no evidence or credibility to it. Though I do see the fun in rumors and I'm glad to hop aboard the train. :p

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Daitoryo is also my choice, but you can't deny that he has a chance. Heck, he has a hat in streetpass. That's a huge boost.
What exactly makes diskun special?....... I know he's historical but he looks like a Microsoft word helper for crying out loud.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I know its realistic, which i why i'm worried that it is indeed legit. But it'll suck for me since i didn't get most of what I wanted, just palutena. takamaru shulk and the rest aren't even there..... oh well. I hope it isn't real.
I think you mean that you hope SOME of it isn't real, which is how I feel. Then again, the things we find legit are the things we are all expecting or have been predicting. K.Rool as the new Donkey Kong character, Ridley to be playable at long last, Mewtwo returning, Pac-Man's lukewarm debut, it's all things we've discussed before and overall have the same opinion on. This isn't really a rumor list, this is "repeat what we've been discussing for the past 7 months".

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
WE can expect it, but we're not Sakurai. Hell, I'm sure he already knew this over a year ago. If there's no Shulk, there'd damn well better be a Xenoblade stage with Xenoblade music. Then again, there may be more to this rumor than is given, so details on Shulk and Takamaru could be left out.
Quick question: When did you get this list?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Why try to justify his inclusion by calling him Jumpman? It's Mario. No real way of getting around that.
I'm calling him JumpMan so I don't have to call him Classic Mario.
I am not denying that he is Mario. I know that, and so does everyone else.
But this Classic Mario, which kicked off Nintendo's entire success in gaming, would be a good character.

But no Kirby newcomers is a realistic outlook whether people want to believe it or not, and again, some of this could happen regardless of whether or not it was put in this rumor list. K.Rool IS the most likely Donkey Kong newcomer, Ridley DOES have a chance at being playable, Mewtwo WILL most likely return, Magnus, Fawful and Tom Nook WILL most likely be assist trophies, and Pac-Man, as unwanted as he is in most circles, IS likely.
I would like to note something about this "leak."

This guy never said that those are all the newcomers. There will most likely be a retro, a historical, and possibly one more miscellaneous.

I actually really want this leak to be true. My only issure is no Kirby newcomer (which I saw coming) and no Earthbound newcomer (which was unlikely to begin with, and it was really just bias for me).

I just really want to see Fawful in 3D.
All that fury and mustard in beautiful HD and 3D Glory.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
There's no point in getting worried when the rumor has nothing but thin air to back it up.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Why try to justify his inclusion by calling him Jumpman? It's Mario. No real way of getting around that.
Often your bluntness is unwarranted, but I'm totally agreeing with you on this one.

It's Mario in the 80s. That's it.

But there's still a connection there.

Can't argue with that.
I'm just saying they don't have a chance because they aren't notable.
New rule for Awakening reps: If you're not in a FMV cutscene, you can't be playable/assist.

Leaving: Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Lissa, Emmeryn.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm just saying they don't have a chance because they aren't notable.
...right. The first villain in the game(and the main antagonist for over a third of the game), and a supporting antagonist throughout the whole course of the game aren't notable.
New rule for Awakening reps: If you're not in a FMV cutscene, you can't be playable/assist.
Says who?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Shulk is a favorite character of mine out if the potential newcomers. Xenoblade is one of my favorite games on the Wii, and I feel that out of the potential sword users, Shulk offers quite a bit.
Popular in Japan as well, which I think is a big help. West popularity doesnt have as big an impact.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Quick question: When did you get this list?
Today, although again it turns out I'm behind on the times as you all like to go faster faster faster faster faster. :p

I would like to note something about this "leak."

This guy never said that those are all the newcomers. There will most likely be a retro, a historical, and possibly one more miscellaneous.

I actually really want this leak to be true. My only issure is no Kirby newcomer (which I saw coming) and no Earthbound newcomer (which was unlikely to begin with, and it was really just bias for me).

I just really want to see Fawful in 3D.
All that fury and mustard in beautiful HD and 3D Glory.
The thing is that we're playing off of patterns at that rate, and Sakurai likes to shake things up, as we've seen with the four newcomers revealed so far. He may drop the idea of a retro and historical and stick with the unique-schtick, we don't know. All we can do is sit and wait, as we'll know within a month as to whether or not the leak is real.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Today, although again it turns out I'm behind on the times as you all like to go faster faster faster faster faster. :p

The thing is that we're playing off of patterns at that rate, and Sakurai likes to shake things up, as we've seen with the four newcomers revealed so far. He may drop the idea of a retro and historical and stick with the unique-schtick, we don't know. All we can do is sit and wait, as we'll know within a month as to whether or not the leak is real.
As long as there is a Zelda newcomer, Ridley, at least one retro, and Fawful as an assist, I am fine.

If Fawful is an assist, I hope he gets a bigger role in the whole Mario series.
HE HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!!!!
WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN HIM NINTENDO???!!!!! WHHYYYYY????!!!!!!!!
I will just wait, and eventually, time will tell.
*cough* Fawful as the next Rosalina *cough*

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
When did you receive this list of "leaks"? Just want to know.
"From the dawn of time they came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known they were among you... until now."

:p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
...right. The first villain in the game(and the main antagonist for over a third of the game), and a supporting antagonist throughout the whole course of the game aren't notable.
Says who?
Probably most of the other people here. There aren't any popular picks outside of the cutscenes.
Oh, add Risen and Grima to that list.

And it doesn't matter if he's the main antagonist for a while. He's not the real villain-
You know what never mind you're right Gangrel could be in Smash Bros

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
As long as there is a Zelda newcomer, Ridley, at least one retro, and Fawful as an assist, I am fine.

If Fawful is an assist, I hope he gets a bigger role in the whole Mario series.
HE HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!!!!
WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN HIM NINTENDO???!!!!! WHHYYYYY????!!!!!!!!
I will just wait, and eventually, time will tell.
*cough* Fawful as the next Rosalina *cough*
I'm surprised Fawful wasn't in Mario & Luigi Dream Team, it's his series after all. And while he's no Dimentio, I guess he could use more appearances.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What exactly makes diskun special?....... I know he's historical but he looks like a Microsoft word helper for crying out loud.

This is what makes him a contender. Nintendo recognizes him. That says something. The only other character that has that same kind of recognition is Daitoryo with his deck still being produced.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm surprised Fawful wasn't in Mario & Luigi Dream Team, it's his series after all. And while he's no Dimentio, I guess he could use more appearances.
I don't know why, I just don't feel like Dimentio needs more appearances.
He just didn't have a backstory or anything that unique about him. Just an evil clown that had a plot twist at the end. I do feel, however, that Count Bleck as Lord Blumiere (as hinted that he turned back into Blumiere at the end of the game) needs to appear. Along with Tippi and Timpani.

As for Fawful, he could have been in Dream Team looking like this.
image.jpg

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Says who?
Well in general, if you aren't Chrom or Robin, you're not going to get in if you're from Awakening.

Plus I still think Roy had his chance. But that's my opinion and I hope it doesn't spark a stupid flame war.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

This is what makes him a contender. Nintendo recognizes him. That says something. The only other character that has that same kind of recognition is Daitoryo with his deck still being produced.
If that's the case, every hat that's in the mii plaza has a strong chance. As much as I'd love for it to boost BWD's chances. I don't think being a hat will be enough for someone like diskun to be in the game. What kind of fighting playstyle will he bring?

Mr. hanafuda guy can be a phoenix wright/okami hybrid. But what about diskun?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I doubt Sakurai would add Frederick or Nowi as a playable character. My point was, the FMV cutscenes have all the popularly suggesred characters in some capacity.
Wait, when did we go from talking about Assist Trophies to playable characters?
Also, "Blue"?
AKA "Mr. Anna's Husbando."

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I don't know why, I just don't feel like Dimentio needs more appearances.
He just didn't have a backstory or anything that unique about him. Just an evil clown that had a plot twist at the end. I do feel, however, that Count Bleck as Lord Blumiere (as hinted that he turned back into Blumiere at the end of the game) needs to appear. Along with Tippi and Timpani.

As for Fawful, he could have been in Dream Team looking like this.
View attachment 6564
It's his lack of backstory that really makes me WANT more appearances from him. I want to know more about him, he was such an interesting character in both personality and demeanor, there had to be a reason he became the way he is, I really wanted to know what turned him into the psychotic jester that has literally sent people to hell. At the least, I hope for cameo appearance in the inevitable Paper Mario Wii U title. Or hell, why not let Fawful and Dimentio team up? They both have such contrasting personalities to be interesting.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If that's the case, every hat that's in the mii plaza has a strong chance. As much as I'd love for it to boost BWD's chances. I don't think being a hat will be enough for someone like diskun to be in the game. What kind of fighting playstyle will he bring?

Mr. hanafuda guy can be a phoenix wright/okami hybrid. But what about diskun?
Being a hat isn't enough on it's own, but we're talking about an obscure mascot of a Japanese only add on that flopped. Their recognizing Diskun is huge for his chances. It's like R.O.B. being in Mario Kart.

Daitoryo does have him beat in moveset potential, but we still don't have a character to represent the more obscure of Nintendo's endeavors. He could use the Power Glove and Light Zapper for example. He could use the Love Tester and Ultra hand too. I mean, he is the best choice for a character to use those apart from maybe 9-Volt (8-Volt? what number was it?).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wait, when did we go from talking about Assist Trophies to playable characters?

AKA "Mr. Anna's Husbando."
Oh. BluePikmin. Yeah, I love Anna, but her fanbase is smaller than even Ashley. It's like many have said before: One big role trumps many small roles.

Hence Chrom/Lucina > Gaius/Tharja

Also, the Gangrel point was unrelated to the playable characters point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom