• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Here's something to waste your time over, someone just left this giant dump of rumors in my inbox...make of it what you will:

• Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
  • Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
  • Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
  • Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
  • No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
  • Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
  • The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
  • Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
  • No new Star Fox characters.
  • Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
  • Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
  • Villager has a female costume.
  • Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
  • Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
  • Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
  • All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
  • Mewtwo returns.
  • Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
  • No new Kirby characters.
  • Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
  • No changes made to the EarthBound series.
  • All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
  • The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
  • The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
  • Snake returns.
  • Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.
And if this has been deconfirmed already....I don't care, this is me trying to keep up with the conversation.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's something to waste your time over, someone just left this giant dump of rumors in my inbox...make of it what you will:

• Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
  • Mewtwo returns.
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
  • Snake returns.
And if this has been deconfirmed already....I don't care, this is me trying to keep up with the conversation.
We talked about this before. It's not necessarily deconfirmed, but some people foolishly believe it because they easily guessed Ashley was an Assist Trophy.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah, it's been posted here. Several times in fact.

It's plausible, but really the only thing that makes it stand out is the Ashley "confirmation."

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

• Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer. Seems legit.
  • Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach. Seems legit.
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.Seems legit.
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random. Seems legit.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date. Seems legit.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on. Seems legit.
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well. Seems legit.
  • Gangplank Galleon is a stage. Seems legit.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim. Seems legit.
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special. Seems legit.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike. Seems legit, doesn't replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem. Seems legit.
  • Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped. :crazy:
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy. :crazy:
  • No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario. Seems legit.
  • Wario’s overalls are now his default attire. :)
  • The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped. Seems legit.
  • Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy. Seems legit.
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team. Seems legit.
  • No new Star Fox characters. Seems legit.
  • Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone. Seems legit.
  • Wolf is no longer a semi-clone. Seems legit.
  • Villager has a female costume. Seems legit.
  • Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy. Seems legit.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.) Seems legit.
  • Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising. Seems legit.
  • Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl. Seems legit.
  • All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return. Seems legit.
  • Mewtwo returns. Seems legit.
  • Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets. Seems legit.
  • No new Kirby characters.:c:c:c:c:c:c:c:c:c:c
  • Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014. Seems legit.
  • No changes made to the EarthBound series. Seems legit.
  • All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers) Seems legit.
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii. :chuckle:
  • The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer. Seems legit.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume. Seems legit.
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy. Seems legit.
  • The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy. Seems legit.
  • Snake returns. Seems legit.
  • Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character. :grrr:
Responses in Seems Legit, Emoticons or whatever.

Try all you like, but your waifu cannot save you from the derp in this thread.

There is no hope left here..... :evil:
I go to the Social Forums for Smash 4 as well. I also run SB RE, and browse the PM Forums. I think I'm good.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
We talked about this before. It's not necessarily deconfirmed, but some people foolishly believe it because they easily guessed Ashley was an Assist Trophy.
Yeah, it's been posted here. Several times in fact.

It's plausible, but really the only thing that makes it stand out is the Ashley "confirmation."
Ah, okay, so this is a case of the thread moving too fast for me sometimes, wunderbar. Also, the lack of Takamaru and Shulk on this rumor is rather....I dunno...sad?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Ah, okay, so this is a case of the thread moving too fast for me sometimes, wunderbar. Also, the lack of Takamaru and Shulk on this rumor is rather....I dunno...sad?
...Just seems really weird. I expect at least one Retro Character of the sort and either Shulk or Issac.

No longer seems legit.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599

• Mewtwo returns.
  • Snake returns.
This stuff can either be complete bull**** or he could be right about some stuff. I'm sure he'll be right about some stuff, like Mewtwo returning, but some other stuff can defiantly be incorrect, as we will soon find out.

...Just seems really weird. I expect at least one Retro Character of the sort and either Shulk or Issac.

No longer seems legit.
He said something about Pac-Man, which can be considered retro third party? Does that term even exist? And also, wouldn't it not be considered retro if it has new games? I'm not sure if Pac-Man has new games. If so, I'm assuming they're pretty bad.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

No longer seems legit.
WE can expect it, but we're not Sakurai. Hell, I'm sure he already knew this over a year ago. If there's no Shulk, there'd damn well better be a Xenoblade stage with Xenoblade music. Then again, there may be more to this rumor than is given, so details on Shulk and Takamaru could be left out.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My gripe: Marth, Ike, and Chrom? Gangrel and Aversa as the Assist Trophy? They don't even have a connection!!

No Lyn at all? Bull!!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Responses in Seems Legit, Emoticons or whatever.

I go to the Social Forums for Smash 4 as well. I also run SB RE, and browse the PM Forums. I think I'm good.
I go on every thread on this site and I can confirm that there's derp and pointless arguments everywhere, you are not safe. Even when I log out, you see that 1 guest in the user thingy? its me.

Alt-control-delete? log out first like a true gentleman would :troll:

No Lyn at all? Bull!!
Yeah that part made me go, D:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Who cares? I mean, really, why bother talking about who we have to unlock? It's not that important...Nothing personal, just making a point.

Reggie? PacMan? SHERIFF? What??
Reggie: Nintendo seems to be always making Reggie and My body is Ready jokes. Watch the last 3 or so directs.
I would be surprised if they did this.

Sheriff: Like I did with Takamaru and Lip, I did with Sheriff and JumpMan. I think one of them will be in to be a retro/WTF retro character, but I doubt both will be in.

PacMan: Everyone knows it is gonna happen. Like it or not, it is pretty likely. Though I hope they use a more classic design, or at least a more classic moveset.
And I will literally cry if they have that 7 year old's Pac Man voice!

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
We'll know it's fake if Diddy is revealed and he isn't with Dixie, which could happen next month.
I think it's fake anyways, I don't trust or give credit to any rumor.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sheriff: Like I did with Takamaru and Lip, I did with Sheriff and JumpMan. I think one of them will be in to be a retro/WTF retro character, but I doubt both will be in.
Sheriff is more of an obscure history character. And what the ****? Jumpman? We're qualifying older designs of characters now?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
So if this prediction is true, then we'll have a total of 11 newcomers, plus Mewtwo's return, bringing us to total of 47 characters, which is a reasonable number...damn, there's so much that I want of this to BE real, and so much of it I DON'T want to be real...I'm torn on whether I want to believe it or not.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Of course I did, that's how I know that don't have a connection! If it were right it would be

Validar and Aversa
Let me rephrase that. Did you ignore the entirety of the Plegia arc? Because I have a hard time believing that anyone who has played Awakening would think that Gangrel and Aversa have no connection.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
As much as it would please the ridley and k. rool supporters.....

I hope that leak isn't real, no kirby newcomers or SF, and lyn is gone? wtf.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
So if this prediction is true, then we'll have a total of 11 newcomers, plus Mewtwo's return, bringing us to total of 47 characters, which is a reasonable number...damn, there's so much that I want of this to BE real, and so much of it I DON'T want to be real...I'm torn on whether I want to believe it or not.
There's always doubt. With everything on here. Ok, but I'm pretty sure Wario will be announced soon.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Reggie: Nintendo seems to be always making Reggie and My body is Ready jokes. Watch the last 3 or so directs.
I would be surprised if they did this.

PacMan: Everyone knows it is gonna happen. Like it or not, it is pretty likely. Though I hope they use a more classic design, or at least a more classic moveset.
And I will literally cry if they have that 7 year old's Pac Man voice!
Pac-Man is likelier than people here assume. They don't want him, and, as such, don't predict him...

but Reggie and Jumpman are especially stretching it. Sheriff's a stretch on his own.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Let me rephrase that. Did you ignore the entirety of the Plegia arc?
Oh. Still, Aversa was only working with Gangrel to further her and Validar's motives.
Besides, I doubt they would be Assist Trophies, such a role is suited for the main character of an unrepresented FE game. Or Gaius.

With you there.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Why does everybody believe that according to you?

Yoshi's like copies of Fire Emblem Awakening. That's why Sakurai didn't reveal him, cuz his copy got ate and he couldn't add any Awakening characters to the game.
By everyone, I mean most people with a brain.
Not saying I want Pac Man, in fact, I utterly despise the modern one, I just think he is pretty likely.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
As much as it would please the ridley and k. rool supporters.....

I hope that leak isn't real, no kirby newcomers or SF, and lyn is gone? wtf.
But no Kirby newcomers is a realistic outlook whether people want to believe it or not, and again, some of this could happen regardless of whether or not it was put in this rumor list. K.Rool IS the most likely Donkey Kong newcomer, Ridley DOES have a chance at being playable, Mewtwo WILL most likely return, Magnus, Fawful and Tom Nook WILL most likely be assist trophies, and Pac-Man, as unwanted as he is in most circles, IS likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom