• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Being a hat isn't enough on it's own, but we're talking about an obscure mascot of a Japanese only add on that flopped. Their recognizing Diskun is huge for his chances. It's like R.O.B. being in Mario Kart.

Daitoryo does have him beat in moveset potential, but we still don't have a character to represent the more obscure of Nintendo's endeavors. He could use the Power Glove and Light Zapper for example. He could use the Love Tester and Ultra hand too. I mean, he is the best choice for a character to use those apart from maybe 9-Volt (8-Volt? what number was it?).
I personally feel like daitoryo fills the obscure niche just fine. and imo he's more historical/obscure than just plain historical. I don't think we need diskun when we got daitoryo.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
That "leak" is solid as ****, especially not specifically "confirming" every character on the roster. Nothing too out of the blue, yet room to have some Sakurai-brand suprises.

Really, the only problem I have is that Chrom is the FE Newcomer as opposed to Robin and Pac-man. Oh, and no Isaac, but whatever, got Ridley, don't care.

Ok, you convinced me Dimentio is a total badass.
Dimentio sucks, especially standing next to the far-superior Count Bleck.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It's his lack of backstory that really makes me WANT more appearances from him. I want to know more about him, he was such an interesting character in both personality and demeanor, there had to be a reason he became the way he is, I really wanted to know what turned him into the psychotic jester that has literally sent people to hell. At the least, I hope for cameo appearance in the inevitable Paper Mario Wii U title. Or hell, why not let Fawful and Dimentio team up? They both have such contrasting personalities to be interesting.
It's like a Majora situation. He just wants to kill, but you want to know his motivations.
Dimentio did send Mario to Hell with the snap of his fingers.

And a Fawful team up would be awesome.
I can see it now.

Super Mario Galaxy 3: Rise of the Underated Villains!

Though I'd prefer to have just Fawful and Midbus for his first appearance in the mainline Mario games.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's his lack of backstory that really makes me WANT more appearances from him. I want to know more about him, he was such an interesting character in both personality and demeanor, there had to be a reason he became the way he is, I really wanted to know what turned him into the psychotic jester that has literally sent people to hell. At the least, I hope for cameo appearance in the inevitable Paper Mario Wii U title. Or hell, why not let Fawful and Dimentio team up? They both have such contrasting personalities to be interesting.
Dimentio is the best Mario RPG character in my opinion. But I don't support him because I know he doesn't have a chance in hell.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It's like a Majora situation. He just wants to kill, but you want to know his motivations.
Dimentio did send Mario to Hell with the snap of his fingers.

And a Fawful team up would be awesome.
I can see it now.

Super Mario Galaxy 3: Rise of the Underated Villains!

Though I'd prefer to have just Fawful and Midbus for his first appearance in the mainline Mario games.
The thing is, unlike Dimentio, there's many theories to Majora, but none to Dimentio. He's just a bounty Hunter that plays everyone like a puppet, he literally conducts the entire events of the game in the way he sees fit, he uses everyone for the fools they are, but again, there's no explanation as to how or why he is the way he is. He's probably the most sinister character in the Mario series next to the Shadow Queen.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
That "leak" is solid as ****, especially not specifically "confirming" every character on the roster. Nothing too out of the blue, yet room to have some Sakurai-brand suprises.

Really, the only problem I have is that Chrom is the FE Newcomer as opposed to Robin and Pac-man. Oh, and no Isaac, but whatever, got Ridley, don't care.

Dimentio sucks, especially standing next to the far-superior Count Bleck.
Trust me, I love Bleck much more.
But Dimentio friggin sent Mario to hell without even thinking! Bowser has been trying to get Mario for almost 30 years!
But Bleck's story is better.
But Dimentio as a character is great too.

Reznor

work in progress
Dimentio is the best Mario RPG character in my opinion. But I don't support him because I know he doesn't have a chance in hell.
Doopliss is way better although I haven't played Super Paper Mario (even though I have 3 copies for some reason)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The thing is, unlike Dimentio, there's many theories to Majora, but none to Dimentio. He's just a bounty Hunter that plays everyone like a puppet, he literally conducts the entire events of the game in the way he sees fit, he uses everyone for the fools they are, but again, there's no explanation as to how or why he is the way he is. He's probably the most sinister character in the Mario series next to the Shadow Queen.
With Majora, there are theories because Zelda has a large and huge vast universe and timeline, while all Mario has is Mushroom Kingdom save the princess.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Doopliss is way better although I haven't played Super Paper Mario (even though I have 3 copies for some reason)
Even though TTYD is the best paper mario.

Dimentio is better personality wise than slick doopliss.

but for me Shadow queen>count bleck. It'd be cool if somehow SQ makes a return.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Honestly, if Super Paper Mario was an RPG, it probably would've been the best.

Also, why no Sticker Star love? If recency is so important, why not Kersti for SSB4?

Just kidding Sticker Star is actually pretty ****ing horrible.

Reznor

work in progress

I think it's the best Mario RPG over all with Super Star Saga in a close second

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
so guys, I found this leak. It does have some interesting points, but it's probably not true.

Hey guys, I actually know someone over at japan, (trust me on this one) and he's friends with someone who is working on the game. more specifically, they got a new-to-the-industry musician to do re-makes of songs. that being said, most of the stuff he knows about are music that he's hired to re-make, but at the same time he did hear (and see) a few things. apparently he has also played with Mr. Sakuri during one or two lunch breaks, so he knows a little bit about the newcomers, as well as a couple stages. here's what he knows at this point.

-There is going to be another mario stage, but right now it's in the planning stage. it's either going to be a Bowser's castle stage, or it's going to be a Bomb-omb Battlefield stage. my friend's friend attended the meeting of the stage to discuss whether to create a new BGM for the stage or rip music from Super Mario Galaxy.
-A new Yoshi stage, based off Yoshi's New Island. it will appear on the 3DS.
-Kamek is an assist trophy, he flies across the top with magic that will randomly either grow or shrink all players.
-The Stork will appear as playable, with inspiration taken from the babies in Yoshi's Island DS
-Mona was added as a playable character. rumor that she was added just so Sakuri could see how many costumes he could fit onto one character without eating up too much development time.
-There is also a new DK stage, which is frozen DK island from Donkey Kong Country Returns. a stage for DKC is also present in the 3DS version, which can be seen in the first trailer.
-Cranky Kong is an assist trophy that serves a purpose similar to Mr. Resetti.
-Dixie Kong is supposedly in alpha stages if office chat is correct, King K. Rool is supposedly also planned, and work will begin on him shortly.
-Pokemon has a new stage, Lumoise city. My friend was asked to compose any pokemon music he would like, so he's making "The Sea of Time" from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time fit the setting.
-All Pokemon veterans return. Pichu is in the background of the stage as a cameo.
-Kirby's Epic Yarn stage exists, it's combined with the Yarn Yoshi stage. it's a 50/50 chance whether the background elements resemble the yarn/fabric segments of Yarn Yoshi or Kirby's Epic Yarn.
-no info on any new kirby character, except Meta Knight has been balanced more properly
-Pyrosphere apparently has an amazing remix of Ridley's theme.
-Ridley was managed to be resized. apparently when someone came to sakuri with ridley's first model, which was based off other M, he flipped out and demanded a model based off Super Metroid's Ridley. according to my friend it was the talk of the office for a while.
-Sector Z from the first smash comes back in HD. the cast of star fox should stay the same.
-Saturn Valley is a new Mother stage.
-the Punch-Out!! stage is indeed a Punch-out stage, currently labled "Smash Circuit". It has mostly Punch-Out songs, with one Kirby track to accommodate the many wrestling rings in the Kirby games, the track is a remix of "Masked Dedede".
-Little Mac is a newcomer, and is mostly complete for the most part.
-Kid Icarus has a new character, Palutena, who was supposedly one of the first newcomers "finished".

also, he's just a music guy, so he doesn't know any of the announcment dates, sorry.

Reznor

work in progress

Also, why no Sticker Star love? If recency is so important, why not Kersti for SSB4?

any reason why you think it is and the best (and why you are wrong)
too make this on topic let's say the best Mario RPG should get a character in Smash first

so guys, I found this leak. It does have some interesting points, but it's probably not true.

Hey guys, I actually know someone over at japan, (trust me on this one) and he's friends with someone who is working on the game. more specifically, they got a new-to-the-industry musician to do re-makes of songs. that being said, most of the stuff he knows about are music that he's hired to re-make, but at the same time he did hear (and see) a few things. apparently he has also played with Mr. Sakuri during one or two lunch breaks, so he knows a little bit about the newcomers, as well as a couple stages. here's what he knows at this point.

-There is going to be another mario stage, but right now it's in the planning stage. it's either going to be a Bowser's castle stage, or it's going to be a Bomb-omb Battlefield stage. my friend's friend attended the meeting of the stage to discuss whether to create a new BGM for the stage or rip music from Super Mario Galaxy.
-Kamek is an assist trophy, he flies across the top with magic that will randomly either grow or shrink all players.
-The Stork will appear as playable, with inspiration taken from the babies in Yoshi's Island DS
-Mona was added as a playable character. rumor that she was added just so Sakuri could see how many costumes he could fit onto one character without eating up too much development time.
-There is also a new DK stage, which is frozen DK island from Donkey Kong Country Returns. a stage for DKC is also present in the 3DS version, which can be seen in the first trailer.
-Dixie Kong is supposedly in alpha stages if office chat is correct, King K. Rool is supposedly also planned, and work will begin on him shortly.
-Pokemon has a new stage, Lumoise city. My friend was asked to compose any pokemon music he would like, so he's making "The Sea of Time" from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time fit the setting.
-All Pokemon veterans return. Pichu is in the background of the stage as a cameo.
-Kirby's Epic Yarn stage exists, it's combined with the Yarn Yoshi stage. it's a 50/50 chance whether the background elements resemble the yarn/fabric segments of Yarn Yoshi or Kirby's Epic Yarn.
-no info on any new kirby character, except Meta Knight has been balanced more properly
-Ridley was managed to be resized. apparently when someone came to sakuri with ridley's first model, which was based off other M, he flipped out and demanded a model based off Super Metroid's Ridley. according to my friend it was the talk of the office for a while.
-Sector Z from the first smash comes back in HD. the cast of star fox should stay the same.
-the Punch-Out!! stage is indeed a Punch-out stage, currently labled "Smash Circuit". It has mostly Punch-Out songs, with one Kirby track to accommodate the many wrestling rings in the Kirby games, the track is a remix of "Masked Dedede".
-Kid Icarus has a new character, Palutena, who was supposedly one of the first newcomers "finished".

also, he's just a music guy, so he doesn't know any of the announcment dates, sorry.
been posetd a couple of times

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

You mean turn-based. I wish it gave some partners with personality. but w/e.

Stick star sucked. IS needs to do the next one solo, and with a new building near Nintendo HQ, we could get another paper mario gem for the wii u :)

Or moar FE, i'd love that 2.

We all know you made this up.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

It has Cranky over Fawful for the Resetti-type assist. So I say nay.

Also, Stork, which is awesome but extremely unlikely. And Kamek would be in before Stork. And Stork also proves you made it up.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
:)We all know you made this up.
Actually got it of gamefaqs. Why I went there? Wanted to see the smash community there. Turns out there's a of leaks. Read through a couple and this one had the stork of all things! So I posted it here. Because why not.

Probably a load of crap though.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

It lost all credibility after saying the Stork is playable.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

We all know that you did it.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Actually got it of gamefaqs. Why I went there? Wanted to see the smash community there. Turns out there's a of leaks. Read through a couple and this one had the stork of all things! So I posted it here. Because why not.

Probably a load of crap though.
I'm surprised that you survived, as its been said, "those who venture to gamefaqs are said to never return".

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Guys the storks the reason why I wanted to send it here, not the reason I apparently made it.
Then it's another Smashboards user. But it sounds like a coverup to me. You made it and, when people confronted you about it, you came up with the "I brought it here because it had Stork" excuse to cover it up.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
any reason why you think it is and the best (and why you are wrong)
too make this on topic let's say the best Mario RPG should get a character in Smash first

been posetd a couple of times
TTYD is my favorite, but SPM is close because Bowser is absolutely amazing in the RPG.

It lost all credibility after saying the Stork is playable.
No, the Stork makes it perfect.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hey guys. I found a supposed leak while swimming around GamFaqs.

It goes like this.

[collapse=Leak]
Hey guys, I am a designer at Namco-Bandai and am working on Smash Bros for WiiU and 3DS. I am keeping my name anonymous so no one knows it is me, and I may get fired for this.

Newcomers:
•Rosalina and Luma are the only Mario newcomers.
•Bowser Jr., Waluigi, and Paper Mario were all being considered. Bowser Jr. was out because another paintbrush using character is being planned, Waluigi because he is not very major in the series, and Paper Mario because he would be to similar to Mario.
•Luigi won't be using the Poltergust in his moveset, because Professor E. Gadd will be, as a Luigi's Mansion newcomer.
•King K. Rool is the newcomer for the Donkey Kong series, and Dixie will appear in a team with Diddy.
•Mona will be a newcomer for the Wario series.
•Tingle will be a newcomer for the Zelda series, and will use items from the Zelda games, and abilities from his own games.
•Ridley is resized and finally in Smash Bros. It was a major part of the project to have Ridley play right and not feel awkward. A lot of time was put into this.
•Hades is the newcomer for the Kid Icarus series. He will use Dark Magic like powers, and can inhale like King Dedede (no copy ability like Kirby). Palutena will be in a feature with Pit that is similar to Snake's Brawl Codecs.
•Lip is added as a retro character.
•Diskun is added a "forgotten hero" as Sakurai likes to call them, like ROB and Mr. Game & Watch.
•Mewtwo is returning, with all Brawl Pokémon staying. And Mewtwo will have a ZSS type transformation into Mega Mewtwo Y.
•Little Mac will appear using his Punch-Out!! Wii design, and having his Brawl design as an alt.
•Adeliene will be the Kirby newcomer. Her appearance lead to Bowser Jr. not being in.
•King Dedede will get a transformation like ZSS as Masked Dedede. About half of his moves will be the same, but all his specials will be different.
•Porky will appear as an Earthbound newcomer, and will use his spider-like mech seen in Earthbound.
•Samurai Goroh will appear as the F-Zero newcomer, and will use a unique play style involving Samurai Swords.
•Robin is the new Fire Emblem character, will be female Robin, and use primarily Magic, with a mix of Lances and Spears.
•No newcomers for StarFox.
•Dr. Kawashima from Brain Age is a newcomer, and uses School supplies and mind games as attacks.
•Professor Layton will be the next 3rd party and will be revealed to coincide with Ace Attorney X Professor Layton.
•Other possible newcomers include: Shulk, Isaac, Saki, Wonder-Red, and Takamaru.

Assist:
•Fawful will be a Resetti like assist, but dealing damage too.
•Cranky Kong will bounce around on his cane and throw potions.
•Kamek who will fly around on his broom.
•Beedle who will Tingle's role and abilities he had as a Brawl assist.
•Skull Kid, he was confirmed.
•Gregor and Nowi from FE Awakening. Gregor flies around on Nowi as a dragon.
•Bandana Dee fictions as Knuckle Joe did in brawl, but with his spear instead of punches.
•Anthony Higgs uses his Ice Canon.
•Viridi and Magnus are assists, but I don't know what they do.
•Professor Sycamore is an assist who throws 5-10 Pokéballs onto the stage.
•Tails flies on his plane and shoots enemies.
•ProtoMan is an assist who jumps around and shoots straightforward, and deflects projectiles with his sheild.
•All assists from Brawl that aren't characters are staying.

Stages:
I don't know a lot about them, and I only know the names of a few.
•Bowser's Castle
•Yoshi's New Island
•Diamond City
•Outset Island
•Dedede's Castle
•Lumoise City
•Pac Maze (the "maze" from the original Pac Man arcade game.

[/collapse]

I have no clue if it is legit or not.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

It goes like this.

[collapse=Leak]
Hey guys, I am a designer at Namco-Bandai and am working on Smash Bros for WiiU and 3DS. I am keeping my name anonymous so no one knows it is me, and I may get fired for this.

Newcomers:
•Bowser Jr., Waluigi, and Paper Mario were all being considered. Bowser Jr. was out because another paintbrush using character is being planned, Waluigi because he is not very major in the series, and Paper Mario because he would be to similar to Mario.
•Luigi won't be using the Poltergust in his moveset, because Professor E. Gadd will be, as a Luigi's Mansion newcomer.
•King K. Rool is the newcomer for the Donkey Kong series, and Dixie will appear in a team with Diddy.
•Tingle will be a newcomer for the Zelda series, and will use items from the Zelda games, and abilities from his own games.
•Ridley is resized and finally in Smash Bros. It was a major part of the project to have Ridley play right and not feel awkward. A lot of time was put into this.
•Hades is the newcomer for the Kid Icarus series. He will use Dark Magic like powers, and can inhale like King Dedede (no copy ability like Kirby). Palutena will be in a feature with Pit that is similar to Snake's Brawl Codecs.
•Diskun is added a "forgotten hero" as Sakurai likes to call them, like ROB and Mr. Game & Watch.
•Mewtwo is returning, with all Brawl Pokémon staying. And Mewtwo will have a ZSS type transformation into Mega Mewtwo Y.
•Little Mac will appear using his Punch-Out!! Wii design, and having his Brawl design as an alt.
•Adeliene will be the Kirby newcomer. Her appearance lead to Bowser Jr. not being in.
•King Dedede will get a transformation like ZSS as Masked Dedede. About half of his moves will be the same, but all his specials will be different.
•Porky will appear as an Earthbound newcomer, and will use his spider-like mech seen in Earthbound.
•Samurai Goroh will appear as the F-Zero newcomer, and will use a unique play style involving Samurai Swords.
•Robin is the new Fire Emblem character, will be female Robin, and use primarily Magic, with a mix of Lances and Spears.
•Dr. Kawashima from Brain Age is a newcomer, and uses School supplies and mind games as attacks.
•Professor Layton will be the next 3rd party and will be revealed to coincide with Ace Attorney X Professor Layton.
•Other possible newcomers include: Shulk, Isaac, Saki, Wonder-Red, and Takamaru.

Assist:
•Bandana Dee fictions as Knuckle Joe did in brawl, but with his spear instead of punches.
•ProtoMan is an assist who jumps around and shoots straightforward, and deflects projectiles with his sheild.

Stages:
•Bowser's Castle
•Yoshi's New Island
•Diamond City
•Outset Island
•Dedede's Castle
•Lumoise City

[/collapse]

you totally made it up.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

It goes like this.

[collapse=Leak]

Newcomers:

Assist:

Stages:
•Bowser's Castle
•Yoshi's New Island
•Diamond City
•Outset Island
•Dedede's Castle
•Lumoise City

[/collapse]

Oh god this is ridiculously fake.

Also, Masked Dedede? Hmmm...wonder why that's on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom