• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Revising what I posted yesterday after reviewing the "Leaks" forum. This is my guesses that seem realistic and adding some wants that would be fun characters to play as. Once again these include the characters already confirmed and all veteran fighters from Brawl.
Diddy/Dixie Kong tag team (like Zelda/Shiek)
King K. Rool
Ridley
Samurai Goroh
Mewtwo (new moveset including Psystrike)
Krystal (using the staff from SF Adventures)
Isaac of Golden Sun
Little Mac
Dillon of Dillon's Rolling Western
Cooking Mama
Ryan and Alex of River City Ransom (team like Ice Climbers)
Wonderful 101 (different colored wonderfuls for each attack)
Pac man (final smash: every one turns into blue ghosts)

Okay let me know what you guys think. Don't be super critical I'm just making assumptions from what I've read on this site over the past few days. I'm not sure of all the most popular characters either sooooo..... yeah.

And add Palutena to that list.

Last edited by a moderator:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
What's going on here?
Congratz on the 2000th post, mate.

Well if it isn't so obvious. :p

Actually I've been on the uniqueness train for a long time ever since the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer uniqueness article came out.
Happy 80000th post.

Oh, and I'm surprised I didn't see any "RIDLEY CONFIRMED" joke regarding today's pic.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Revising what I posted yesterday after reviewing the "Leaks" forum. This is my guesses that seem realistic and adding some wants that would be fun characters to play as. Once again these include the characters already confirmed and all veteran fighters from Brawl.
King K. Rool
Ridley
Samurai Goroh
Isaac of Golden Sun
Little Mac
Cooking Mama

Okay let me know what you guys think. Don't be super critical I'm just making assumptions from what I've read on this site over the past few days. I'm not sure of all the most popular characters either sooooo..... yeah.
Ryan and Alex and Cooking Mama aren't happening.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Oh, and I'm surprised I didn't see any "RIDLEY CONFIRMED" joke regarding today's pic.
I can hear Sakurai now.

"Wow look at these characters. Theyre pretty BIG, they cant get much BIGGER than this. Yessir, theyre so much BIGGER than Mario. :troll:"

I love how much Sakurai trolls.

Either that or theyre contrasting for LITTLE Mac :awesome:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So, I was thinking about making an "Impossible Character Moveset" thread, where you can post moveset ideas for characters who have no chance of appearing. What do you guys think?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
King K. Rool
Ridley
Samurai Goroh
Isaac of Golden Sun
Little Mac
Cooking Mama

YOU THINK COOKING MAMA IS LIKELY!!???
I HAVE FINALLY FOUND ANOTHER PERSON WHO AGREES THAT COOKING MAMA HAS A CHANCE!!!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So today I compiled a list of characters that I think are likely, and will probably be in the game.

Diddy/Dixie tag-team
King K. Rool
Tingle
Palutena
Ridley
Mewtwo Returning
Chrom
Little Mac
Shulk/modern misc. character
Takamaru/Lip (one of them as a retro)
Daitoryo/Diskun (one of them as historical)
Pac Man

If you add this to the Brawl Roster and confirmed newcomers, it makes 50 characters, the "perfect number" for SSB4.
I do think that Sakurai could suprise us and give is a few more charcters (52-55 is my guess).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The sociopathy on this thread is disheartening.

If any of your guys' favorite characters were deconfirmed, I'd feel really bad for you. But if Ridley or someone else gets deconfirmed "Haha! Drink their tears!". We're a community; while we don't usually get along, if there's anything this board should be sensitive to it'd be deconfirmed favorites. It's downright disappointing.

Noble sentiments.

It'll never work judging by the **** Toad, Skull Kid, Ashley and Starfy fans have been through already, but very noble.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hmmm
if you guys had to chose 20 3rd party's who would they be...?
If this includes the 3 we already have, my list would be:

Sonic
Tails
Dr, Robotnik
Snake
Raiden
Big Boss
Mega Man
Proto Man
Dr. Wily
Pac-Man
Ghosts (Blinky, Inky, Pinky, Clyde)
Cooking Mama
Banjo-Kazooie
Gruntilda
Professor Layton
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Scrooge McDuck
Chell (Portal)
Harry Mason (Silent Hill 1 & Shattered Memories)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, I was thinking about making an "Impossible Character Moveset" thread, where you can post moveset ideas for characters who have no chance of appearing. What do you guys think?
I guess you could go for it. It would likely have to be a little different than the make your move threads though.

Hmmm
Mega Man, Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man. That's close enough right? No? Bass and........uh Bomberman? Not many third party characters I would actually want.

If I were to actually be serious, perhaps one more from Capcom and one more from SEGA. But not much else honestly.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Sonic
Bayotenta
Ragna the bloodedge
Snake
A Ac rep
Comander sheperd
Mega Man
Chun li
Eran jager
Pac-Man
Kos-Mos
Cooking Mama
Banjo-Kazooie
Conker
Professor Layton
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Scrooge McDuck
Rayman
Shante

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Noble sentiments.

It'll never work judging by the **** Toad, Skull Kid, Ashley and Starfy fans have been through already, but very noble.
I don't see why people get so upset when their favorite character is revealed as an assist.
Be grateful for what you have.
Did Skull Kid or Ashley has a chance anyway? No. They had barely any chance. Skull Kid was my most wanted, and I was ecstatic when he was shown as an assist.

I am also very happy that that leak says Fawful will be an assist and will be like Resetti.
Fawful is my most wanted character, and I am glad he may make an appearance in some way.
Plus being like Resetti means he will constantly scream, which mean Mustard of Doom, finkrats, and I have Chortles/Fury.

Be happy with what you get.
Your character may have not even made an appearance.

EDIT: The leak itself has pretty much refueled my hype tanks for SSB4. It has really got me thinking about what characters are likely or not.
I separate all the characters I think should be in the game into "predictions" "has an OK chance" and "wants"

The predictions consist of the characters I listed a few posts up.
The OK chance has a couple more characters like Layton, Chibi-Robo, Cranky Kong, Bandana Dee, and Tetra.
The wants are characters I flat out want, but don't have a great chance, like Fawful, E. Gadd, Gooey & Rick, Porky, May, and more

I recommend people do this more when making his/her rosters.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If this includes the 3 we already have, my list would be:

Sonic
Tails
Dr, Robotnik
Snake
Raiden
Big Boss
Mega Man
Proto Man
Dr. Wily
Pac-Man
Ghosts (Blinky, Inky, Pinky, Clyde)
Cooking Mama
Banjo-Kazooie
Gruntilda
Professor Layton
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Scrooge McDuck
Chell (Portal)
Harry Mason (Silent Hill 1 & Shattered Memories)
I don't see quote, shame on you.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

If any of your guys' favorite characters were deconfirmed, I'd feel really bad for you. But if Ridley or someone else gets deconfirmed "Haha! Drink their tears!". We're a community; while we don't usually get along, if there's anything this board should be sensitive to it'd be deconfirmed favorites. It's downright disappointing.
Ever heard of schadenfreude?

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I HAVE FINALLY FOUND ANOTHER PERSON WHO AGREES THAT COOKING MAMA HAS A CHANCE!!!
I heard she's third party so that may eliminate her from contending. if that is the case I would remove her and put in either the Mii or Shulk of Xenoblade. and about the River City Ransom characters, they were random and old so I figured why not throw them in.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
so guys, I found this leak. It does have some interesting points, but it's probably not true.

Hey guys, I actually know someone over at japan, (trust me on this one) and he's friends with someone who is working on the game. more specifically, they got a new-to-the-industry musician to do re-makes of songs. that being said, most of the stuff he knows about are music that he's hired to re-make, but at the same time he did hear (and see) a few things. apparently he has also played with Mr. Sakuri during one or two lunch breaks, so he knows a little bit about the newcomers, as well as a couple stages. here's what he knows at this point.

-There is going to be another mario stage, but right now it's in the planning stage. it's either going to be a Bowser's castle stage, or it's going to be a Bomb-omb Battlefield stage. my friend's friend attended the meeting of the stage to discuss whether to create a new BGM for the stage or rip music from Super Mario Galaxy.
-A new Yoshi stage, based off Yoshi's New Island. it will appear on the 3DS.
-Kamek is an assist trophy, he flies across the top with magic that will randomly either grow or shrink all players.
-The Stork will appear as playable, with inspiration taken from the babies in Yoshi's Island DS
-Mona was added as a playable character. rumor that she was added just so Sakuri could see how many costumes he could fit onto one character without eating up too much development time.
-There is also a new DK stage, which is frozen DK island from Donkey Kong Country Returns. a stage for DKC is also present in the 3DS version, which can be seen in the first trailer.
-Cranky Kong is an assist trophy that serves a purpose similar to Mr. Resetti.
-Dixie Kong is supposedly in alpha stages if office chat is correct, King K. Rool is supposedly also planned, and work will begin on him shortly.
-Pokemon has a new stage, Lumoise city. My friend was asked to compose any pokemon music he would like, so he's making "The Sea of Time" from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time fit the setting.
-All Pokemon veterans return. Pichu is in the background of the stage as a cameo.
-Kirby's Epic Yarn stage exists, it's combined with the Yarn Yoshi stage. it's a 50/50 chance whether the background elements resemble the yarn/fabric segments of Yarn Yoshi or Kirby's Epic Yarn.
-no info on any new kirby character, except Meta Knight has been balanced more properly
-Pyrosphere apparently has an amazing remix of Ridley's theme.
-Ridley was managed to be resized. apparently when someone came to sakuri with ridley's first model, which was based off other M, he flipped out and demanded a model based off Super Metroid's Ridley. according to my friend it was the talk of the office for a while.
-Sector Z from the first smash comes back in HD. the cast of star fox should stay the same.
-Saturn Valley is a new Mother stage.
-the Punch-Out!! stage is indeed a Punch-out stage, currently labled "Smash Circuit". It has mostly Punch-Out songs, with one Kirby track to accommodate the many wrestling rings in the Kirby games, the track is a remix of "Masked Dedede".
-Little Mac is a newcomer, and is mostly complete for the most part.
-Kid Icarus has a new character, Palutena, who was supposedly one of the first newcomers "finished".

also, he's just a music guy, so he doesn't know any of the announcment dates, sorry.
Actually got it of gamefaqs. Why I went there? Wanted to see the smash community there. Turns out there's a of leaks. Read through a couple and this one had the stork of all things! So I posted it here. Because why not.

Probably a load of crap though.
Guys the storks the reason why I wanted to send it here, not the reason I apparently made it.

It was mine the whole time. GOTCHA!

well, exept for the fact that mostly everyone figured that it was me who actually did it almost immediately. especially Pacack. but I wasn't going to waste almost half an hour working on something and not get any enjoyment out of it. that would be really depressing for me, would be like if you type out a full essay but then forget to save it.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Cooking Mama would be my main for life.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeeeeeeeeah, no. No TV/Cartoon/ComicBook/Manga/Novel/Movie characters in Smash, ever. Seriously. This is coming from a Dragon Ball fan, Goku, Gohan, Vegeta and so on shouldn't be in Smash. He has plenty of other games to fight in. Neither should Spider-Man, Hulk, Batman, Wolverine, Robo-Cop, The Ninja Turtles, Optimus Prime or anyone else that didn't originate from a video game, no matter how cool they are. I don't even know why someone has to say this.

And 20 third party characters is beyond pushing it. At the very most, I could see 5 or 6. Only if each company got 2 characters.

If we are going to talk third parties, We should at least try and be a little more serious about it. What about Bomberman? You think he has a chance?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Could someone make a roster for me?
I want to make my new roster but I don't have access to my computer.
If someone says yes I'll say what characters I want.

Morbi

Scavenger
Intelligent Systems is not like Game Freak where they choose the characters they want to be on Smash.

Sakurai only asked IntSys during Brawl's development for a suggestion. IntSys suggested Ike and Sakurai thought of him as a good idea. It was not because IntSys only authorized Ike's inclusion, because they are a Nintendo studio like Nintendo EAD and others. They are a first party company.

Rosalina's inclusion only reinforces that notion.
I didn't ever state or insinuate anything of the sort. I am not sure why you are making assumptions. I was merely asserting that Intelligent Systems would most undoubtedly suggest Chrom over whatever Fire Emblem character you want.

I don't see why people get so upset when their favorite character is revealed as an assist.
Be grateful for what you have.
Did Skull Kid or Ashley has a chance anyway? No. They had barely any chance. Skull Kid was my most wanted, and I was ecstatic when he was shown as an assist.

I am also very happy that that leak says Fawful will be an assist and will be like Resetti.
Fawful is my most wanted character, and I am glad he may make an appearance in some way.
Plus being like Resetti means he will constantly scream, which mean Mustard of Doom, finkrats, and I have Chortles/Fury.

Be happy with what you get.
Your character may have not even made an appearance.

EDIT: The leak itself has pretty much refueled my hype tanks for SSB4. It has really got me thinking about what characters are likely or not.
I separate all the characters I think should be in the game into "predictions" "has an OK chance" and "wants"

The predictions consist of the characters I listed a few posts up.
The OK chance has a couple more characters like Layton, Chibi-Robo, Cranky Kong, Bandana Dee, and Tetra.
The wants are characters I flat out want, but don't have a great chance, like Fawful, E. Gadd, Gooey & Rick, Porky, May, and more

I recommend people do this more when making his/her rosters.
I also like to believe that Smash relevance is important. It is what formulates most of my opinions in regards to the roster. For instance, I find Isaac to be much more of a likely candidate than Shulk as Isaac already retains Smash relevance as an assist trophy (which is the next best thing to playable status). This makes the notion that Sakurai is aware and willing to add these characters in a significant role. So who knows, Skull Kid might actually have a chance for Smash X. That is actually the reason I am speculating for obscure, yet warranted, characters like Samurai Goroh and Tingle. They have more than assist trophy status, but it still couldn't hurt.

Hmmm
1. Batman

That is all.

Edit- Thank you Mod, sorry for the double post. I wasn't paying attention.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I also like to believe that Smash relevance is important. It is what formulates most of my opinions in regards to the roster. For instance, I find Isaac to be much more of a likely candidate than Shulk as Isaac already retains Smash relevance as an assist trophy (which is the next best thing to playable status). This makes the notion that Sakurai is aware and willing to add these characters in a significant role. So who knows, Skull Kid might actually have a chance for Smash X. That is actually the reason I am speculating for obscure, yet warranted, characters like Samurai Goroh and Tingle. They have more than assist trophy status, but it still couldn't hurt.
This just made me think of something.
What is Sakurai is adding some of his favorite characters, that are unfortunately not very relevant, as assists, so they will be relevant to the smash series and they can have a reason to be added as playable characters next Smash game?
It's a bit Farfetch'd but I could see this wing true.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
no, nobody can pronounce that.
Not even the Germans.

I think the sting would be less bad with people not taking happiness in your disappointment, claiming it was obvious and they never stood a chance to begin with and you're a ****ing idiot for liking that character anyway.

So have we started speculating Ridley because Sakurai made a post about "Big characters" yet? :rolleyes:
It was mentioned in the Miiverse pic of the day topic once, but that's all I saw. Dedede is massive...;;

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've pretty much made my point with Ridley, but it's like I'm talking to a brick wall whenever I try to put an end to the size arguments.

Morbi

Scavenger
So have we started speculating Ridley because Sakurai made a post about "Big characters" yet? :rolleyes:
It is actually funny, when I saw that post on Miiverse, I actually thought that Ridley's chances were slightly more favorable as it appears that the "Big Characters" are slightly bigger. So Ridley's scaling wouldn't look nearly as awkward. It is just some icing on the cake, that is not the only reason I think Ridley is in the game. I just think that this may be an allusion to his inclusion (unintentional rhyme).

This just made me think of something.
What is Sakurai is adding some of his favorite characters, that are unfortunately not very relevant, as assists, so they will be relevant to the smash series and they can have a reason to be added as playable characters next Smash game?
It's a bit Farfetch'd but I could see this wing true.
Meh, he just skipped that process and threw Lucas in the game. He can add whoever he wants really, but part of me really does think he is trying to make Samurai Goroh relevant. I don't know, he treats F-Zero very well. At this point, I don't think anyone would really be surprised to see Goroh in the same way that they were surprised to see Lucas.

D

Deleted member

Mad respect for going Costanza.

Funnily enough, as arrogant as I can be in regards to others and their arguments and viewpoints, I probably would not rub salt into wounds when their character gets disconfirmed.
One exception would be Impa. I won't let Diddy live it down. Especially if Sheik is shown to come back.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
not sure if anyone has said this yet, but welcome to the boards mate
Thanks!!

Why do you think that? Welcome, by the way!
Thanks bro! Is more instinct than anything else but:

- There is a lot of female newcomers, there is not a single villain newcomer.
- He have a comic personality and that is a key aspect of Kid Icarus franchise (Sakurai said that)
- His desing is great and anyone that looks at him wants to play as him.
- Hades have a famous name, that attract players that don´t know about nintendo when they see the char selection screen, palutena is more to Kid Icarus fans.
-There is more potential in his moves.

Sincerely, I belive that both will be there like Dedede and Meta Knight in Brawl, but who knows? At least one char of Kid Icarus will be there...

Reznor

work in progress
Yeeeeeeeeah, no. No TV/Cartoon/ComicBook/Manga/Novel/Movie characters in Smash, ever. Seriously. This is coming from a Dragon Ball fan, Goku, Gohan, Vegeta and so on shouldn't be in Smash. He has plenty of other games to fight in. Neither should Spider-Man, Hulk, Batman, Wolverine, Robo-Cop, The Ninja Turtles, Optimus Prime or anyone else that didn't originate from a video game, no matter how cool they are. I don't even know why someone has to say this.

And 20 third party characters is beyond pushing it. At the very most, I could see 5 or 6. Only if each company got 2 characters.

If we are going to talk third parties, We should at least try and be a little more serious about it. What about Bomberman? You think he has a chance?
we already have a dbz character in Smash

kirb1.png

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
no, nobody can pronounce that.
I can.

And English isn't my native language and I don't speak German. (I do know a few words, though...)

:troll:

I've pretty much made my point with Ridley, but it's like I'm talking to a brick wall whenever I try to put an end to the size arguments.
Well, that's a given.

I didn't ever state or insinuate anything of the sort. I am not sure why you are making assumptions. I was merely asserting that Intelligent Systems would most undoubtedly suggest Chrom over whatever Fire Emblem character you want.
Seems like a misunderstanding on my part...

Yeah, I agree that IntSys would likely suggest Chrom, but Sakurai could turn down the offer. Considering Sakurai is a fan of Fire Emblem, I'm pretty sure he knows about Awakening well.

I'd prefer to see the Avatar/Robin over Chrom. He/she seems more unique and more appealing to me.

Morbi

Scavenger
we already have a dbz character in Smash

View attachment 6593
Thanks a lot, now I am going to have to main Kirby and pretend it is Buu. That is going to be a pain in the ass.

Thanks!!

Thanks bro! Is more instinct than anything else but:

- There is a lot of female newcomers, there is not a single villain newcomer.
- He have a comic personality and that is a key aspect of Kid Icarus franchise (Sakurai said that)
- His desing is great and anyone that looks at him wants to play as him.
- Hades have a famous name, that attract players that don´t know about nintendo when they see the char selection screen, palutena is more to Kid Icarus fans.
-There is more potential in his moves.

Sincerely, I belive that both will be there like Dedede and Meta Knight in Brawl, but who knows? At least one char of Kid Icarus will be there...
You are not alone, I also believe that we could easily get Hades as a character with Palutena. I really like your fourth bullet point, it is one that I use quite frequently. Hades does not simply represent Kid Icarus, he represents a lot more. It would certainly be a familiar character to EVERYONE, even if they have not played Kid Icarus.

D

Deleted member

I honestly feel at this point, Chrom's not getting in if he doesn't have someone tag along, be it Robin or Lucina, to go along with Awakening's Dual system.

EDIT: And I agree, Hades would be quite epic.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It is actually funny, when I saw that post on Miiverse, I actually thought that Ridley's chances were slightly more favorable as it appears that the "Big Characters" are slightly bigger. So Ridley's scaling wouldn't look nearly as awkward. It is just some icing on the cake, that is not the only reason I think Ridley is in the game. I just think that this may be an allusion to his inclusion (unintentional rhyme).

Meh, he just skipped that process and threw Lucas in the game. He can add whoever he wants really, but part of me really does think he is trying to make Samurai Goroh relevant. I don't know, he treats F-Zero very well. At this point, I don't think anyone would really be surprised to see Goroh in the same way that they were surprised to see Lucas.
If Sakurai manages to make Fawful relevant to the main series Mario console series, I will cry of happiness and worship him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom