• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Ridley evolves in Other M from that chicken up there, to a hairy, goofy-as-**** humping lizard, then into Roidley (A.K.A. Buff Ridley) because, why not, it's Other M, we ****ed everything else up, let's **** Ridley up too. There's been plenty of talk about a playable Ridley consisting of those previous two forms with the actual Ridley as the Final Smash, and that's a route I can see Sakurai taking.

That would be worse than not having Ridley at all.
The metamorphosis of the Ridley clone was actually one of the main parts I liked about Other M.
And that "Deleter" guy too, I guess.

The idea of putting it in Smash is intriguing, and I kinda want to see it, but all in all, I'd prefer Ridley by himself.

----

UltimateWario

Smash Master
While that's your opinion, and that's totally fine, it's basically slapping 99% of Ridley fans directly in the face. We want to play as Ridley. Not a chicken or a hairy lizard.

And that "Deleter" guy too, I guess.
"Hey, you know Samus?"

"Oh, yeah, you mean that chick that has blown up at least 3 planets and destroyed like 2 entire alien races?"

"Yeah, her. We need to kill her."

"Why?"

"Because government secrets, I guess. Send one dude to kill her. That should do it."

"That's a GREAT idea."

Morbi

Scavenger
While that's your opinion, and that's totally fine, it's basically slapping 99% of Ridley fans directly in the face. We want to play as Ridley. Not a chicken or a hairy lizard.

"Hey, you know Samus?"

"Oh, yeah, you mean that chick that has blown up at least 3 planets and destroyed like 2 entire alien races?"

"Yeah, her. We need to kill her."

"Why?"

"Because secrets. Send one dude to kill her. That should do it."

"That's a GREAT idea."
What about the 1% of Ridley fans?! This isn't some majority rules BS.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Off topic, but I just finished Path of Radiance. One of the best games I've ever played.

The storyline is great, the character development is pretty freaking good... This has basically shown me once again that just because a game doesn't sell well doesn't mean it sucks overall.

Path of Radiance is the better game compared to Awakening. The characters are more likeable imo, and Ike is by far the better lord when comparing to Chrom. He's developed far better and probably a lot more likeable.

At this point, if Ike gets cut for Chrom, I will be incredibly upset. I would even campaign for Ike as a DLC character if he doesn't come back. The butthurt would indeed flow through me.

Basically, for me, Path of Radiance gets a:

10/10 Would bang
EDIT: I so called Dedede. Thank goodness we have something to talk about now.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Those expressions <3

DeDeDe, you are my Brawl main, and I will always have a soft spot for you that is in no way influenced by my absolute adoration of Foghorn DeDeDe.

Glad to see he's back.

And no, no Ridley in the Pyrosphere pic. :awesome:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Maybe Jet Hammer won't have 100% risk for 0.2% reward this time.

I was staring at that Pyrosphere pic...and I found myself looking up D3's sleeves.

What do his arms look like? Ew. They're probably all noodly and blue.

JPW

Smash Ace
Off topic, but I just finished Path of Radiance. One of the best games I've ever played.

The storyline is great, the character development is pretty freaking good... This has basically shown me once again that just because a game doesn't sell well doesn't mean it sucks overall.

Path of Radiance is the better game compared to Awakening. The characters are more likeable imo, and Ike is by far the better lord when comparing to Chrom. He's developed far better and probably a lot more likeable.

At this point, if Ike gets cut for Chrom, I will be incredibly upset. I would even campaign for Ike as a DLC character if he doesn't come back. The butthurt would indeed flow through me.

Basically, for me, Path of Radiance gets a:

10/10 Would bang
EDIT: I so called Dedede. Thank goodness we have something to talk about now.
Totally agree POR is the better game. If only it had DLC like Awakening lol.
Maybe one day. I hear Priam is rumoured to be the next protagonist.

King Dedede. I had a feeling he'd be revealed today. Nice to see him back, i guess all that's left for kirby reps is Metaknight now.

Morbi

Scavenger
Totally agree POR is the better game. If only it had DLC like Awakening lol.
Maybe one day. I hear Priam is rumoured to be the next protagonist.

King Dedede. I had a feeling he'd be revealed today. Nice to see him back, i guess all that's left for kirby reps is Metaknight now.
I wouldn't be so certain. :sheik:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
King DeDeDe is definitely my main now out of all the characters so far. We King DeDeDe thread now.
(pls sakurai add masked dedede costume kthnxbai)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
HOLY **** DEM FACES! Of course Sakurai's husbando would have the best facial expressions. And his new design looks just like his anime appearance, which is perfect because I enjoyed how much of a troll he was in the anime.

Now I just have one question. Can I still chain grab?

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Three things:
1) Dedede, my main penguin. My literal main. Great to see him back. Looks absolutely amazing in HD.
2) Did anyone notice that Dedede's page doesn't actually link to the Triple Deluxe website? Is there not a website for it yet?
3) Dis guy is a true king:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
2) Did anyone notice that Dedede's page doesn't actually link to the Triple Deluxe website? Is there not a website for it yet?
There is a link to it on the japanese smash bros site, im guessing we dont have one yet since we didnt even have a release window for that title yet, so they havent made it for now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Three things:
1) Dedede, my main penguin. My literal main. Great to see him back. Looks absolutely amazing in HD.
3) Dis guy is a true king:
That's another good pic. We know he's a lady-killer. Dedede is clearly a pimp. This song should play in the background. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phaJXp_zMYM

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
for Priam being a future FE protagonist or Metaknight being the only other Kirby rep. Who else would they add for Kirby?
Adeliene. But then again we haven't seen her since the N64, and if she's not in Triple D then it will unfortunately be never.
There is a link to it on the japanese smash bros site, im guessing we dont have one yet since we didnt even have a release window for that title yet, so they havent made it for now.
Hey maybe we'll get Metaknight for the American release?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Good to see I was wrong about Dedede not being revealed.

He's looking pretty good with that HD graphics....and them sweat drops!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dedede made my day.

Pattern time!
Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Pokémon have always been the first revealed franchises in Smash. Maybe the next vet will be a Pokémon, as the other 3 already have more than one character revealed. :p

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dedede mad my day.

Pattern time!
Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Pokémon have always been the first revealed franchises in Smash. Maybe the next vet will be a Pokémon, as the other 3 already have more than one character revealed. :p
Seems like the prime opportunity for a Pokemon reveal has come and gone. If GF really is holding Sakurai back (as is the theory) then there's a chance it could still be a while before more notable Pokemon content gets shown.

Plus it's probably pretty unlikely we get a Pokemon reveal before a second DK character, though I guess it's possible. Hell, we probably already would have a second DK character if TF hadn't got delayed.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If we consider patterns, Diddy Kong or a DK newcomer could be revealed next month in February.

I wonder if we will get a second reveal. I most say this December and January has been the most productive months with three character reveals.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Seems pretty likely we will get a reveal to coincide with TF. The majority of major releases (especially major first-party releases) have been given some Smash tie-in, and with the lack of DK content so far, the inevitability of Diddy, and the fact that Nintendo really should and probably will do all they can to focus on the Wii U and its top tier titles, I'd say it'd be a fairly sound prediction.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If we consider patterns, Diddy Kong or a DK newcomer could be revealed next month in February.

I wonder if we will get a second reveal. I most say this December and January has been the most productive months with three character reveals.
What if... we get both? Diddy Kong and a Donkey Kong newcomer? Diddy & Dixie team?! :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom