• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Also courtesy of Kikwi-kiwi who posted these in the zelda forum, we have a ton of new zelda images via facebook

Yeah, also.
For those who want to see the exact source of these images. Here you go guys. :)
Wii U screens: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.481338988607507.1073741848.351440504930690&type=1
3DS screens: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.732798170083329.1073741856.177351715627980&type=1

It's the exact same source where those new Toon Link and Sonic screenshots came around so it may be worth keeping an eye on those facebook pages too I suppose, in case Nintendo of Europe decides to share some more screenshots and all. :/

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not to interrupt the Dedede love, but can I just say how there are WAY too many obscure/**** character threads?

This shouldn't upset me as much as it should, but there are plenty of threads this forum could go without. So many characters that don't have a shot in hell either. (no offense to anybody, but that's the truth)

It's mostly the random FE units that grind my gears, but seriously. I just...can't TAKE IT.

There should be some sort of voting thing to eliminate threads...but then again that would be mean.

BLARGH/rant

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not to interrupt the Dedede love, but can I just say how there are WAY too many obscure/**** character threads?

This shouldn't upset me as much as it should, but there are plenty of threads this forum could go without. So many characters that don't have a shot in hell either. (no offense to anybody, but that's the truth)

It's mostly the random FE units that grind my gears, but seriously. I just...can't TAKE IT.

There should be some sort of voting thing to eliminate threads...but then again that would be mean.

BLARGH/rant
Yes I know and it's terrible.

It's like nowadays it's cool to suggest terrible characters...

Make a thread about ****ing Psyduck and it'll get more attention than legitimate characters. It's depressing.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yes I know and it's terrible.

It's like nowadays it's cool to suggest terrible characters...

Make a thread about ****ing Psyduck and it'll get more attention than legitimate characters. It's depressing.
I get the whole concept of "let them do as they please and make threads for characters that are eligible", but common sense needs to play a part.

For Fire Emblem characters, if it is a unit that is optional to recruit, or essentially somebody who isn't in the top 3 for most important to the game, they aren't getting in. Plain and simple.

For Pokémon, if they aren't promotional material they ain't getting in. So no Pidgeotto over Mewtwo. It's stupid.

EDIT: I mean, I feel bad for being that guy who points out how stupid it looks, but seriously. James Bond? REALLY? OWAIN? YARNE? WTF are these characters doing here? They may be eligible, but only a fool would think they would get into Smash Bros.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Threads that are made nowadays would've been closed pre-Brawl with a simple text saying 'x character doesn't have a chance in hell getting into Brawl. Closed.'

Which we could go this way again this time...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looks like Zelda's move set hasn't changed at all.

You're move Diddy.:troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Threads that are made nowadays would've been closed pre-Brawl with a simple text saying 'x character doesn't have a chance in hell getting into Brawl. Closed.'

Which we could go this way again this time...
If I were a mod, I'd be locking certain threads left and right. Random character can be fun, but it's getting kind of out of control.

There are some cool ideas out there. Like a character here or there. But there are some characters, no matter the uniqueness factor, that are simply not going to be picked. Therefore, the thread should get locked.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, Din's Fire and Farore's Wind are definitely confirmed. There aren't any pictures which I think show Nayru's Love, so I'm not sure.
Regardless, it seems to me that the pose Zelda took in the Phantom picture is just a pose from one of her moves, and not for a Phantom command attack. So really, it would appear highly doubtful that that is the case.

Not that it had a good chance of happening anyway.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Will Mewtwo and Roy get a CGI trailer for their reveal?
Mewtwo likely won't, probably just like Sonic's. I don't see Roy returning.

These poor Bandana Dee saps are really going to be in for a harsh surprise when the full roster is revealed.

(Yes I realize the irony of me being a Ridley fan shut your ****ing mouth.)

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Mewtwo likely won't, probably just like Sonic's. I don't see Roy returning.

These poor Bandana Dee saps are really going to be in for a harsh surprise when the full roster is revealed.

(Yes I realize the irony of me being a Ridley fan shut your ****ing mouth.)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, Din's Fire and Farore's Wind are definitely confirmed. There aren't any pictures which I think show Nayru's Love, so I'm not sure.
Well, the pro-Sheik people say the Phantom Knight would be Zelda's new Side+B move since Din's Fire sucked... while the pro-Impa people insist that the Phantom Knight is Zelda's new Down+B since they want Zelda to not transform into Sheik again. Now I bet the pro-Sheik people are probably going to say that the Phantom Knight is Zelda's new Neutral B move... :troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, the pro-Sheik people say the Phantom Knight would be Zelda's new Side+B move since Din's Fire sucked... while the pro-Impa people insist that the Phantom Knight is Zelda's new Down+B since they want Zelda to not transform into Sheik again. Now I bet the pro-Sheik people are probably going to say that the Phantom Knight is Zelda's new Neutral B move... :troll:
I'd actually just argue that the Phantom is an Assist and that Zelda will simply be buffed, keeping Sheik in her moveset.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Diddy will probably be revealed around that time yeah. But personally, I'd like it if they wouldn't be so promotional with their character releases...
I personally find that to be one of the more enjoyable things about the current character release pattern. It gives each character a chance to get their names out there in preparation of their upcoming games. Nothing wrong with advertising. It's kinda what Smash Bros. is all about.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
At this point, I'm fairly certain that the Phantom is not a part of Zelda's moveset.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Probably because most people think he will inherit his Y form as playable, so it technically counts as a newcomer.
Strange that only the Y form is acknowledged. Why not both the X and Y forms? Switching between them like the Pokemon Trainer would between Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Also courtesy of Kikwi-kiwi who posted these in the zelda forum, we have a ton of new zelda images via facebook

Hmm...

Well this confirms that Zelda's moveset is mostly untouched, particularly her Falore's Wind (which no one guessed would be cut) or Din's Fire (which was guessed to be cut). Nayru's Love and Transformation are still up in the air and she could get just one new move a la Mario with FLUDD, but I don't think they'll change the latter so it's between Nayru's Love getting the axe, a new B-move or A-move of sorts or the Phantom being a Red Herring.

Anyway, Peach, get away from Link!

D

Deleted member

Strange that only the Y form is acknowledged. Why not both the X and Y forms? Switching between them like the Pokemon Trainer would between Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard?
Which other Newcomer do you want to sacrifice for that to happen?

D

Deleted member

Hmm.
That mysterious 3DS stage is listed as being from DKC Returns.
While the boxing ring for the Wii U version is just "Stadium".

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
February's reveals could go as follows...

Diddy Kong: Revealed to represent the Japanese release of Tropical Freeze.
Dixie Kong: Revealed during the February 2014 Nintendo Direct.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Regarding to Scoliosis complaining about the varies threads.

Quiet your belly aching, let people have their fun then cry like a little ***** when their hopes and dreams are shattered. It will be delicious.

Also, again, those random units are still better then Chrom or Lucina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom