• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't believe anyone really expect most of those types of characters they support to actually come true anyway. At least I hope not....

Last edited:

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Regarding to Scoliosis complaining about the varies threads.

Quiet your belly aching, let people have their fun then cry like a little ***** when their hopes and dreams are shattered. It will be delicious.

Also, again, those random units are still better then Chrom or Lucina.
Well that's a bit harsh. Everyone here has the right to express their ideas for every potential fighter whether we agree with it or not. At least they're thinking outside of the box and proposing new ideas, instead of sticking to extremely safe rosters like some tend to do. Sakurai has surprised us quite a few times with some unexpected faces in Smash Bros.. Who's to say one of the "absolutely ridiculous" characters that others has brought up won't end up in a Smash Bros. title some day?

Though I can say that the people who constantly force their character ideas down people's throats will have the most delicious tears.

UltimateWario

Smash Master

Judge Ridley has reviewed your arguments against his playability, and he has deemed them all instances of the most heinous of crimes: Too Bigotry.

You've all been sentenced to a POWERFUL ass-kicking, courtesy of His Honor.

:cool: Judge Ridley for Sm4sh :cool:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Regarding to Scoliosis complaining about the varies threads.

Quiet your belly aching, let people have their fun then cry like a little ***** when their hopes and dreams are shattered. It will be delicious.
Why not make them cry now? :troll: But those threads are probably going to stay.

Also, again, those random units are still better then Chrom or Lucina.
Eh... you're taking it a bit too far.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
So what archetypes do we have in the four newcomers and which ones are we missing?

And who can fill in these missing archetypes?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. Currently enjoying lunch in my college's cafeteria and let me say that I love the way Dedede looks in Smash Bros, he reminds me SO MUCH of the Dedede from Right Back at ya...it's probably the eyes...anyways, does anyone have a King Dedede roster maker icon? Anyone think we'll get Meta Knight on the North American release of Triple Deluxe? And what have I missed in the past week?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. Currently enjoying lunch in my college's cafeteria and let me say that I love the way Dedede looks in Smash Bros, he reminds me SO MUCH of the Dedede from Right Back at ya...it's probably the eyes...anyways, does anyone have a King Dedede roster maker icon? Anyone think we'll get Meta Knight on the North American release of Triple Deluxe? And what have I missed in the past week?
Nah were going to get characters based on Japanese release.
And here (by Gibdo Knight)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/items

Phantom is not listed as an Assist Trophy.
That's not official you know.
I was thinking that too.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright, so the thread is slow right now, so I'm gonna throw in a brand new experimental roster.
Experimental Roster.png

Bam.
Discuss.
If you want explanations, just ask, I have them.
Major changes include Waddle Dee and Krystal, and the cuts of Pac-Man and Dixie Kong.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm experimenting with new characters.
I have reasons for including Krystal if you guys want to hear, but she could easily be swapped with Pac-Man I suppose.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Alright, so the thread is slow right now, so I'm gonna throw in a brand new experimental roster.
View attachment 6183
Bam.
Discuss.
Major changes include Waddle Dee and Krystal, and the cuts of Pac-Man and Dixie Kong.
Bandana Dee is cool, but Krystal and the lack of Captain Falcon are disturbing XD

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
View attachment 6183
Bam.
Discuss.
I would have kept Dixie and no Krystal, but other wise pretty nice. No cuts, right? 9.5/10

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
View attachment 6183
Bam.
Discuss.
If lyn was there it'd be a perfect rooster. (when you put the falcon back in)8.5/10
9.5/10 when you put falcon back.

You guize hate krystal 2 much. Idk why.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If lyn was there it'd be a perfect rooster. (when you put the falcon back in)8.5/10
9.5/10 when you put falcon back.

You guize hate krystal 2 much. Idk why.
I'm considering it.
But Saturn brought up a good point, Lyn would be similar to Takamaru.
And also an Awakening rep is (or should be) really obvious by now.
didn't call out of krystal on my part, but you all know why I dislike the character :rolleyes:
I legitimately don't.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm considering it.
But Saturn brought up a good point, Lyn would be similar to Takamaru.
And also an Awakening rep is (or should be) really obvious by now.

I legitimately don't.
Incorrect, different sword styles, Takamaru is a slower sword character like mitsurugi or the silver samurai. Lyn's lai style is faster and she's like a vergil ala MVC3.
That point @SaturnGamer64 made is incorrect. Guess we shouldn't have both robin and isaac in the game since their styles (sword+magic) are similar :bubblebobble:

But yeah an awakening rep could happen in march, but I personally think their chances are overrated. due to the lack of uniqueness right from the get go.

Also if there's a 4th SF character I see no reason to complain, i'd be fine with it.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I really don't Star Fox needs 4 reps. It's not very big or overly popular.

I don't care who the third rep is, since for some reason we need Fox and FeatherFox, but I really don't think we need Wolf and Krystal. And we all know who has seniority and more importance within the franchise.

due to the lack of uniqueness right from the get go..
1. Subjective.
2. Didn't stop Lucas. Or Falco. Or Young Link. Or Pichu. Or Dr. Mario.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I legitimately don't.
the reason why I hate krystal is more so of the fan support that she has, i'm not talking about any thing on this form, but instead on other websites and forms, back then pre E3 I used to be a major krystal supporter actually, and around that time I visited a bunch of forms, others before I knew this place existed, and after E3 some sort of bomb exploded in her supporters that made them attack everything that wasn't krystal, back then there was a S*** ton of people who wanted wolf and falco cut just for this girl, heck back then if you just said I liked wolf you'll get 10 some repsones for anger or something, after I was attack by random response by people I didn't even knew, I just stop visiting the forms for a while, think it continued for a week or so, but it's all in the end because of how much people have exaturageted that wolf (and sometimes falco) would get cut for "this easily unique and deserving character that is way better than fox, fox clone 1, and fox clone 2", now I just hate the character with my guts

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I really don't Star Fox needs 4 reps. It's not very big or overly popular.

I don't care who the third rep is, since for some reason we need Fox and FeatherFox, but I really don't think we need Wolf and Krystal. And we all know who has seniority and more importance within the franchise.

1. Subjective.
2. Didn't stop Lucas. Or Falco. Or Young Link. Or Pichu. Or Dr. Mario.
If it happens just don't complain. Especially if there's no cuts or SF cuts.
This isn't pre-brawl, newcomers are unique this time around. (so far)
Lack of uniqueness?
*Cough* Chrom+Lucina duo *cough*

We need to bring the duo up more often.
Who's knows if that will even happen.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Crap.
Here you go. :p
View attachment 6185
Acceptable Roster. Well, okay personally I'd prefer anyone but Chrom as the new FE character(specifically either a decloned Roy or the more magic orientated Robin). Overall the only newcomer I'm personally invested in is the Bandana Dee, yet I'm somehow okay with the roster just with that.

I don't get the Krystal hate either. If she got in over Wolf or Falco, yeah sure I get that, but if we get her in addition, would anyone really care? She'd likely be different from the other spacies, is a well known Nintendo character, etc.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Am I the only one who can't wait to see what Wario will look like after dededes over the top expressions?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Incorrect, different sword styles, Takamaru is a slower sword character like mitsurugi or the silver samurai. Lyn's lai style is faster and she's like a vergil ala MVC3.
THAT MAN, WHY DID YOU REFERENCE MY COMPETITIVE RAGE.

...I'll take both, please.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who can't wait to see what Wario will look like after dededes over the top expressions?
Is it sad that the first thing I thought when I saw Dedede's wonderful facial range was this exact thing? Like before I even wondered if Dedede had any changes, about Bandana Dee, about Meta Knight...

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
THAT MAN, WHY DID YOU REFERENCE MY COMPETITIVE RAGE.

...I'll take both, please.
Yeah sorry I use vergil alot :p Now you'll be raged up so you can come at me in 2 hrs :D

dem eyelashes on dat pic tho....

Chrom and Lucina are the most currently popular FE characters right now, so having them as a duo easily makes them unique and makes them the best choice for an Awakening character.
I think so too.

But its not 100% certain, sakurai could have other things in mind. just like everyone was going oh yes toad! boom, got rosalina'd.

Blue you got me excited and me doublepost. *shakes fist* :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
It's going to look like he's on a lot of drugs. That's my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom