• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
You just said that a word does not mean it's definition on this site. Then by using the word relevant (which according to you apparently means recent here), then you did in fact say that Krystal's staff was recent. If not then clearly you misused the term leading to the conclusion that you do not know what it means.

I'm sorry, who exactly is looking like a total douchebag here? :p

Wow, Morbid. You have the definition right in front of you and you still can't admit you misused the term. What the ****? I don't even, Morbid.
It appears that you understand the definition of the word; however, I was erroneous in assuming that you were simply using a colloquialism. It is apparent that you have difficulty reading.

This is my original quote. Reread it very carefully, afterwards, you may assert that I used the word wrong.

"Yes; I had almost forgotten, Sakurai would disregard the relevant source material that gets her requested in the first place. :rolleyes:"

I have taken the liberty of highlighting the portion of the statement that you fallaciously proclaimed was "used incorrectly" as I seriously question your cognition.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
"Yes; I had almost forgotten, Sakurai would disregard the relevant source material that gets her requested in the first place. :rolleyes:"
Yeah, the source material: Star Fox Adventures. Is somehow relevant to Nintendo History/Krystal/Sakurai caring/ANYTHING because......why?

What the heck is going on here?
**** if I know.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hood was my main in Savior, back when people cared about Darkstalkers a lot more.
More like cared about it at all. Oh Darkstalkers...if only Capcom didn't **** you in the mouth with inexcusable levels of expectation in Darkstalkers Resurrection, then maybe it would actually be worthy of the title resurrection...it's more like "Darkstalkers: Cremation" or "Darkstalkers: Final Nail in the Coffin". Hell, even the artist for the game was sub-par in so many ways.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
More like cared about it at all. Oh Darkstalkers...if only Capcom didn't **** you in the mouth with inexcusable levels of expectation in Darkstalkers Resurrection, then maybe it would actually be worthy of the title resurrection...it's more like "Darkstalkers: Cremation" or "Darkstalkers: Final Nail in the Coffin". Hell, even the artist for the game was sub-par in so many ways.
Well, first Darkstalkers and now it looks like it's Marvel.

Morbi

Scavenger
What the heck is going on here?
I am pissed off, as someone who called me out on something that I didn't do will not admit that he was incorrect.

It was Saturn

Yeah, the source material: Star Fox Adventures. Is somehow relevant to Nintendo History/Krystal/Sakurai caring/ANYTHING because......why?

**** if I know.
I didn't state that. Maybe you should reread my original quote... again.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I am pissed off, as someone who called me out on something that I didn't do will not admit that he was incorrect.
And yet ironically you immediately proceed to say this:

I didn't state that. Maybe you should reread my original quote... again.
What are you trying to say? That you DIDN'T just say "Sakurai would disregard relevant source material."???

Obviously you seem to be under the mindset that you said something else. So maybe you should restate your quote in more detail and this time say what you mean.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, first Darkstalkers and now it looks like it's Marvel.
More like it's been nothing but a spawner of Fangirl wet dreams since it was discovered in America. Seriously, why are there always people who want to ruin the credibility of characters with such pathetic things as pairings? ....Sometimes I think Darkstalkers dying was a good thing...and it's usually really bad and/or serious if you want your favorite franchise to die...

...Maybe if it was more known in America with more people having a much better understanding of the world of Darkstalkers, maybe there'd be less of that garbage.

Morbi

Scavenger
And yet ironically you immediately proceed to say this:

What are you trying to say? That you DIDN'T just say "Sakurai would disregard relevant source material."???

Obviously you seem to be under the mindset that you said something else. So maybe you should restate your quote in more detail and this time say what you mean.
Perhaps, I was slightly ambiguous, I apologize. I merely meant to state that Star Fox Adventures Krystal is the ideal Krystal that everyone is requesting. They are not requesting pilot-Krystal that will play exactly the same like Fox/Falco. They are specifically requesting the Krystal that is different and unique. Hypothetically speaking (of course) Sakurai would not intentionally disregard the relevant source material that actually gets her requested for Smash initially.

I do agree with you to an extent. She isn't going to have the staff as she isn't going to be in Smash 4, but that wasn't my point. My premise relies on the notion that she was included, if she was included, Sakurai would not take away her staff. Perhaps the staff isn't relevant to her character anymore, and that is precisely why she wont be in the game in the first place.

Hopefully that is more "concise".

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Oh yeah, now I remember why I don't post here often. More arguing of the same **** over and over.

So if that one rumor is to be believed, Diddy's going to be confirmed on February 13th on the day Tropical Freeze is released in Japan. With Yoshi's New Island coming out on March 14th, I can see ourselves getting a Yoshi confirmation there and then, too.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh yeah, now I remember why I don't post here often. More arguing of the same **** over and over.

So if that one rumor is to be believed, Diddy's going to be confirmed on February 13th on the day Tropical Freeze is released in Japan. With Yoshi's New Island coming out on March 14th, I can see ourselves getting a Yoshi confirmation there and then, too.
Hopefully; if you told me Yoshi wouldn't have been confirmed until March of next year back in June, I would have thought that you were a mad-man. :awesome:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Apparently I wasn't following you before. That explains why. :facepalm:
Don't worry about that. I wondered why only some people could write on certain profiles too, until I checked preferences for one of the few times I did, and saw that it was one of the options one could select. Took me a while to figure it out.

I can see that happening, and I'd hope so as well.

Since they held back on Yoshi's reveal so long, I'm hoping he'll have received some revamps like Bowser and Pit did.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I suppose the rumor is worth watching for a while longer since the King Dedede reveal date mentioned was correct, but I still think it's likely just an attempt to trick people into believing the leak is fully true, seeing as how the Dedede and Diddy reveals dates are easily guessable.

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose the rumor is worth watching for a while longer since the King Dedede reveal date mentioned was correct, but I still think it's likely just an attempt to trick people into believing the leak is fully true, seeing as how the Dedede and Diddy reveals dates are easily guessable.
I agree with this sentiment, the only reason I didn't speculate that Dedede was going to be revealed was because it was TOO obvious.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Seems legit.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
So do you think we'll get a newcomer in next month's Direct?
Its possible. I would definitely be in favor of it, although I'm not sure who it would be (not that i ever do :troll: )

More than likely we will get a veteran. Considering we got Zelda on Dec. 26, and now Dedede on Jan. 10 (Keep in mind that it's only one week of updates,) we may be getting an increased pace of revealed content due to the game being released (hopefully) this year. It's not just characters, but items, stages and now assist trophies are popping up a lot more.

D

Deleted member

Would a newcomer really need to be sacrificed purely for an additional form, or am I completely misunderstanding your post?
...Yes.
Forms take just as much development time as an unrelated character, perhaps more when the balancing aspect comes into play.

This is why Sakurai lists Brawl as having 39 characters; he counts Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and the Trainer's Pokémon individually.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So do you think we'll get a newcomer in next month's Direct?

Also, part 2 of my sig is now complete.
I'd love it, but the almost inevitable Diddy Kong reveal next month inclines me to think otherwise. I know that every second Direct seems to be a big one, and the next big one is in February, but I don't see why a newcomer can't be announced in one of the lesser ones, say March. Rosalina was announced for Super Mario 3D World in one of the smaller Directs as the main attraction, I'm fairly certain they could do the same with a Smash newcomer. So yeah, I think a March newcomer is possible, maybe an April one too. We've gotta get at least one more newcomer before E3 though, I don't see us being kept waiting for yet another 6 months.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Muhrelevancy by itself isn't a good arguement, as we know.
Just like half of the "arguements" we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom