• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowwuh

Smash Cadet
How many total characters do you think the final roster will have?

How many will be newcomers?

How many will be unlockable/secret characters?

How many will be revealed before the release date?

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Given how Sakurai plans ahead, if he planned on giving Mewtwo both Megas, he would have planned on not having an undetermined pair of characters in their stead.
Not saying those two characters would get in if Mewtwo didn't use both Megas, but still. He sets these kind of limits each game.

That being said, I am expecting the Y Mega to show up in some form.
I find it odd that an inclusion of a character always equals the eliminations of another. In reality, the roster could be up to 50 or more characters. Obviously, Sakurai chooses to avoid this (quality over quantity, which I agree with), but it's saddening that characters always end up axed due to time constraints. At least, I'd like to believe that, as opposed to one character being chosen over another. Times like these is where I really hope for character DLC down the line, but I can't help but feel that it would diminish the quality of the game. There'd be no hype over future character inclusions in the following Smashes, since the inevitable DLC would just continuously squeeze in new fighters after the game releases.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
How many total characters do you think the final roster will have?

How many will be newcomers?
How many will be unlockable/secret characters?
How many will be revealed before the release date?
I'm expecting a minimum of 45 character slots.
I'd say 10-12 will be newcomers, with about three being secret.

D

Deleted member

I find it odd that an inclusion of a character always equals the eliminations of another. In reality, the roster could be up to 50 or more characters. Obviously, Sakurai chooses to avoid this (quality over quantity, which I agree with), but it's saddening that characters always end up axed due to time constraints. At least, I'd like to believe that, as opposed to one character being chosen over another. Times like these is where I really hope for character DLC down the line, but I can't help but feel that it would diminish the quality of the game. There'd be no hype over future character inclusions in the following Smashes, since the inevitable DLC would just continuously squeeze in new fighters after the game releases.
It could be more than 50 characters easy.....
But then again, fighting games with very large rosters tend to have only very few characters that are not "suck".

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It could be more than 50 characters easy.....
But then again, fighting games with very large rosters tend to have only very few characters that are not "suck".
The thing to remember is that it's not so much some characters are godly and all the other suck, it's more like everyone else is average and one or two characters are above average.

Though with the staff of Tekken and Soul Calibur involved, plus the potential of patches, at least don't expect a notable gap between one character and everyone else.

D

Deleted member

The thing to remember is that it's not so much some characters are godly and all the other suck, it's more like everyone else is average and one or two characters are above average.
Nah, it's usually some are average, select few are godly, and the rest suck.

Though with the staff of Tekken and Soul Calibur involved, plus the potential of patches, at least don't expect a notable gap between one character and everyone else.
Considering we probably won't break 50, I'm not all that concerned.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
*Looks back pages* There was talk about Felicia and B.B. hood and I wasn't a part of it? Dang it.

Also forgive me for not treating awakening like a godsend game, @ UltimateWario UltimateWario people can support whatever FE character they like, you say your opinions but am I annoyed over it? No. I don't why you'd be annoyed with your other fellow FE fans opinions, there just type on a computer screen, chill.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It was a misunderstanding about Krystal's Staff supposedly being relevant.
A rather ridiculous one for both parties, in my opinion. Arguing over relevancy is reasonable, but arguing over the word itself?

Nah, it's usually some are average, select few are godly, and the rest suck.

Considering we probably won't break 50, I'm not all that concerned.
I would be lying if I said I expected 50 slots.

Arrow (Kyle)

Smash Apprentice
I'd actually be surprised if Sakurai goes past 45 characters. I don't see him wanting a roster too large.

I feel like Ike is gonna be cut for a new FE character, but I'd be upset if it was anyone other than Tharja cause hot.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
What is the discussion at the moment, too lazy to read through.

Also, like most veterans shown opinions have changed on certain newcomers, what is the changed opinion(s) because of Dedede?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There was a leak? Was it at least decent?

Also, @ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero has it right. The tears will be delicious when a majority of the obscure/random characters don't get in.

So I will await my feast.

...otherwise, what's new?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
What is the discussion at the moment, too lazy to read through.

Also, like most veterans shown opinions have changed on certain newcomers, what is the changed opinion(s) because of Dedede?
Well, Dedede looks awesome.

I hope they enhance his inhale so it's not a carbon copy of Kirby's but without the power copying.
Y'know, like increasing the range, and making him spit out his opponents as a projectile that is more damaging and travels farther than Kirby's.

Some guy who claimed to have information from Sakurai who was banned from GameFAQs started a leak thread. Got there too late.
Link to the thread? Or was it deleted?

----

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
What's the gist of it?
Check the thread.

I hope they enhance his inhale so it's not a carbon copy of Kirby's but without the power copying.
Y'know, like increasing the range, and making him spit out his opponents as a projectile that is more damaging and travels farther than Kirby's.

----
I'll edit this with the link.

EDIT: http://smashboards.com/threads/i-was-banned-from-gamefaqs-well-lets-come-here-then.345648/

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

----
It didn't last very long before lock-down.

http://smashboards.com/threads/i-was-banned-from-gamefaqs-well-lets-come-here-then.345648/

It was absolutely ridiculous though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom