• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
In regards to Sandbag, I think he would be great as a playable character only in training mode, where you can only control his movement, and his attacks can be customized in range and power too. That would be a great training tool!

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
If anything that was counterproductive. Now we have to pay attention to you in order to ignore you.

I think my favourite bit of the leak was Newcomer Sandbag's FS. "He got hold of a bat somehow."
That "leak" was one of the WORST ones I've read out of all the ones I've read.
Sandbag? Seriously? No. No, I don't want to hear some stupid arguement. It's a BAG FULL OF SAND THAT WAS MADE TO LITERALLY GET WHACKED AROUND, NOT BE PLAYABLE.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
If anything that was counterproductive. Now we have to pay attention to you in order to ignore you.

I think my favourite bit of the leak was Newcomer Sandbag's FS. "He got hold of a bat somehow."
It's just the thread was too quiet..... its quiet everywhere, I just see the users down there.... doin nothing .-. it was freaking me out.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Besides, it's pointless to support characters anymore. That period of development where requests were being taken are over.
Rosalina will drink tears. Not just Daisy's, but the speculation world's. Or, well those who support not too likely characters with no realistic shot.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If you want an original avatar, just look at the one I made myself. (3D Grovyle model)
Other than the background, it's completely unique. :awesome:

http://smashboards.com/threads/dung...le-support-thread.335668/page-2#post-16087590
I like it since Grovyle is my favorite grass type next to Virizion.

That "leak" was one of the WORST ones I've read out of all the ones I've read.
Sandbag? Seriously? No. No, I don't want to hear some stupid arguement. It's a BAG FULL OF SAND THAT WAS MADE TO LITERALLY GET WHACKED AROUND, NOT BE PLAYABLE.
Hey...It's okay, man...it's not actually happening.

It's just the thread was too quiet..... its quiet everywhere, I just see the users down there.... doin nothing .-. it was freaking me out.
I love you now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't exist?
Oh hey, I forgot to tell you how incredibly awesome it is.

Way better than the sprite conglomerate that was your previous one.

Is my Avatar not original enough? It doesn't remind you of Donkey Kong on crack?

Speaking of Kongs, Funky Kong for Smash4 plz.
Yeah, but you're new here. I'm talking about the people who have made a name for themselves, like Louie G. and Golden.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Besides, it's pointless to support characters anymore. That period of development where requests were being taken are over.
Well I understand that part of it. I just can't understand prediction rosters with like ridiculous amounts of obscurity on them. That's not even a prediction!

But who am I to say what can and can't be talked about?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
In regards to Sandbag, I think he would be great as a playable character only in training mode, where you can only control his movement, and his attacks can be customized in range and power too. That would be a great training tool!
No, Blue. No. Stop that thought train right now!
You already have Kawashima, Daitoryo and Nintendog as wacky choices, please don't add Sandbag.

Plus I don't really see how that would help in training mode, because you wouldn't really be getting any practice against how a real opponent would be, which is the main point of training. Since Sandbag in this scenario wouldn't be a character an opponent could actually select training against him would probably be less fruitful than training against one of the playable characters.

Actually genuine question; does Sakurai even poll the west during the roster development period? I know he's released some polls for Japan before.
Would we have been able to influence anything even if Sakurai was still in the roster planning period?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I don't exist?
....That Avatar... oh geez...

Well I understand that part of it. I just can't understand prediction rosters with like ridiculous amounts of obscurity on them. That's not even a prediction!

It's your Thread. Use it when you need it. Much like a certain insurance business. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Being obscure in itself is not a inherent problem, because it does create interest from the norm. The problem is when you push it to the limits and it starts to become obnoxious.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
No, Blue. No. Stop that thought train right now!
You already have Kawashima, Daitoryo and Nintendog as wacky choices, please don't add Sandbag.

Plus I don't really see how that would help in training mode, because you wouldn't really be getting any practice against how a real opponent would be, which is the main point of training. Since Sandbag in this scenario wouldn't be a character an opponent could actually select training against him would probably be less fruitful than training against one of the playable characters.
I'm not gonna add Sandbag to my list, just giving out an idea. I don't seriously think that a Smash original character could actually be playable.
The Sandbag item, all it needs to have is the ability to be grabbed, then I think he's a great training tool.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Being obscure in itself is not a inherent problem, because it does create interest from the norm. The problem is when you push it to the limits and it starts to become obnoxious.
When people think a super obscure character is likely and they don't stop shoving it in your face, it becomes a serious nuisance.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Actually genuine question; does Sakurai even poll the west during the roster development period? I know he's released some polls for Japan before.
Would we have been able to influence anything even if Sakurai was still in the roster planning period?
He probably doesn't because he understands that most of the western audience have terrible palettes :troll:

If you dont believe me then enter a COD lobby

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly, the actual issue I have isn't so much obscure characters as much as it is the characters who are clearly not going to get picked. Like no argument to be made, are NOT getting in as playable. Such as, Bidoof, random FE unit...etc...

There's just so many...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
When people think a super obscure character is likely and they don't stop shoving it in your face, it becomes a serious nuisance.
The irony of too much support discouraging others from supporting, that's simply a sign of trying too hard. The best approach is to simply sneak it in when it's appropriate, and if things start to get bloody you stray away from it for a while then try to come back to it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
HAKKUN FOR SMASH!
HAKKUN FOR SMASH!

HE CAN CREATE BLOCKS!
HE CAN ABSORB PAINT AND OTHER THINGS!
HE'S UNIQUE! FUN TO PLAY AS!

DON'T YOU WANT HAKKUN FOR SMASH?
ALL THE COOL KIDS WILL WANT HAKKUN FOR SMASH!

so.. um how about a yoshi rep?
Either Kamek or Baby Mario Bros or bust.

----

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The irony of too much support discouraging others from supporting, that's simply a sign of trying too hard. The best approach is to simply sneak it in when it's appropriate, and if things start to get bloody you stray away from it for a while then try to come back to it.
so.. um how about a yoshi rep?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Made this for some reason.
View attachment 6214
I like everything until it gets to the pokemon series, I need my lucario man, PM made me love him even more. Chrom lol, that fool barely uses me......

ashley..... yeah no if anything i'd like to see captain syrup because wario land>wario ware. um mii's are there so why a sakurai slot? also why scrop? even tho he's cool. but he isn't a likely 3rd party.

7.5/10

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
And THIS is why I stopped supporting a lot of people. Because no matter what it always became bloody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom